|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Gospel of Mark say about why Jesus chose the Twelve?
(a) "That they might be with him."
(b) "That night and day might be full of hope."
(c) "That they might write down what he says."
(d) "That the end might be the beginning."
2. Who writes So Long, Sweet Jesus?
(a) Bill Milliken.
(b) Billy Graham.
(c) Richard Nixon.
(d) H. G. Wells.
3. How old was Tolstoy when he wrote Resurrection?
4. What is the movie that Yancey saw in 1971 that portrayed a very different kind of Jesus?
(a) What a Wonderful life.
(b) Jesus of Montreal.
(c) The Passion of the Christ.
(d) The Gospel According to St. Matthew.
5. What is the ethnic background of Jesus?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does communism consider religion to be?
2. What does Yancey want to answer with this book, according to Chapter 1?
3. What is General Schwarzkopf's message in Chapter 6?
4. What does Yancey think the church has turned Jesus into, according to Chapter 1?
5. Who fights against Antiochus?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Yancey say is the true meaning of Christmas?
2. What is the concept from Barbara Tuchman of "no flash-forwards"?
3. What is the Temptation in the desert?
4. What does Jesus's death on the cross bridge, theologically speaking?
5. What are the three levels of the Beatitudes in Chapter 6?
6. What does Jesus say about the woman who comes into the respectable house of Simon and wipes Jesus's feet with her hair?
7. What does Yancey reveal in Chapter 11 about why he believes in the resurrection?
8. What does Jesus say to Pilate when asked if he is the King of the Jews?
9. Who is the only named person in Jesus's parables?
10. What did the Zealots want to do in the 1st century?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)