|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jesus refuse to do with Satan?
(a) Play by his rules.
(b) Listen to him.
(c) Use his power.
(d) Destroy him.
2. What is the image Yancey first has of Jesus?
(a) Intense philosophical giant.
(b) Angry radical political leader.
(c) Ethereal being of light.
(d) Sweet Victorian nanny holding lambs and smiling.
3. How many emendations do the Pharisees add to the law?
4. Where does Yancey teach the Beatitudes?
(a) Harvard University.
(b) His son's preschool.
(c) Class at LaSalle Street Church in Chicago.
(d) Radio 101.
5. What does Satan ask Jesus to turn a stone into?
(b) Loaf of bread.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Laszlo Tokes from?
2. How does Yancey describe Jesus in Chapter 3?
3. What do the Essenes believe in?
4. How do teachers live in Jesus'sday?
5. What does Ivan Karamazov write?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the name of Jesus mean?
2. What does Jesus recommend as a punishment for lustful thinking?
3. What does Yancey say is the true meaning of Christmas?
4. What does Yancey say the Communist party had trouble with?
5. Who is Rabbi Menachem Mendel Schneerson?
6. What are the three levels of the Beatitudes in Chapter 6?
7. What does Jesus change about the way people worship?
8. What does Yancey say about parallel worlds in Chapter 1?
9. What is the Temptation in the desert?
10. What is the concept from Barbara Tuchman of "no flash-forwards"?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)