|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Golden Rule?
(a) Get all you can when you can.
(b) Give to the poor more than to the rich.
(c) Do to others as you would have them do to you.
(d) Gold is not worth its weight.
2. In the middle ages, what do many Christians believe Jesus suffered from?
(b) Mental Illness.
3. How many emendations do the Pharisees add to the law?
4. What does Yancey find remarkable about Mary?
(a) Jewish and not well born.
(b) Managed to have a baby on her own.
(c) Too young to have children.
(d) Accepted Jesus on his own terms, regardless of the cost.
5. What is the name of the former mouth piece of the Community Party?
(b) Red Forever.
(c) Russia Today.
(d) Brothers and Sisters Unite.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ivan Karamazov write?
2. What is the movie that Yancey saw in 1971 that portrayed a very different kind of Jesus?
3. Who writes the play "The Man Born to be King?"
4. What does Yancey want to answer with this book, according to Chapter 1?
5. What do the Essenes believe in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What experience did Yancey have that began to change his understanding of Jesus?
2. What is the concept from Barbara Tuchman of "no flash-forwards"?
3. What is Jacob Neuser's primary objection to Jesus?
4. What is Yancey's purpose in writing The Jesus I Thought I Knew?
5. What does Yancey discover as he begins to study the Jesus of the Gospels?
6. Who is Rabbi Menachem Mendel Schneerson?
7. What language did Jesus speak growing up?
8. Why does Yancey grow up not knowing any Jewish people?
9. What does Yancey say is the true meaning of Christmas?
10. What is the Golden Rule?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)