|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Essenes believe in?
(a) Dionysian festivals of drunken merrymaking.
(b) Essence of spirit came from drinking no water.
(c) Pacificism, purity, and seperatation from society.
(d) Poetry, painting, and basket weaving.
2. What typifies the Sadducees?
(a) Collaborated with Greeks and Romans.
(b) Large gregarious families with many parties and celebrations.
(c) Physically active, liked games and sports.
(d) Sad and lonely people.
3. How many times is the Augustus Caesar mentioned in the Bible?
(a) Fifty times.
(b) One time.
(c) Thousand times.
(d) Ten times.
4. What magazine is Jimmy Carter famously interviewed about lust in?
(b) National Geographic.
(d) Christianity Today.
5. When is the document by Publius Lentulus forged?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many books does Jacob Neusner write?
2. What does the name Jesus mean?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 4, what does Yancey say the Gospels assert that Jesus is?
4. In Chapter 6, what does Yancey admit to being?
5. Where does Jesus spend his first years?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Yancey say the Communist party had trouble with?
2. What did Jesus look like?
3. What may Satan have taken away from the confrontation with Jesus in the wilderness?
4. What is the one word label Yancey would bestow upon Jesus?
5. What language did Jesus speak growing up?
6. What were the Maccabeans fighting against?
7. Why does Yancey grow up not knowing any Jewish people?
8. What are the Beatitudes?
9. What does Yancey do with the extremism of Jesus?
10. What is Yancey's purpose in writing The Jesus I Thought I Knew?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)