|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do teachers live in Jesus'sday?
(a) By charging tuition for their classes.
(b) Off the gifts of appreciative listeners.
(c) The state of Israel supports them.
(d) By publishing books.
2. Who fights against Antiochus?
3. What are Owens's student's reaction to the Sermon on the Mount?
(a) Humorous and silly.
(b) It changed their lives for the better.
(c) Profound and humbling.
(d) They find it offensive and absurd.
4. How many books does Jacob Neusner write?
5. Where did Henry Nouwen begin to work at the height of his writing career?
(a) Harvard University.
(d) Eastern College.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Golden Rule?
2. Where did Yancey grow up?
3. Who directs the silent classic from 1927 "King of Kings"?
4. What does Walter Wink say about Jesus in Chapter 1?
5. What do the Essenes believe in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Henri Nouwen do that is so unusual?
2. Who is Rabbi Menachem Mendel Schneerson?
3. How does the gospel of Matthew open and what is the importance of that?
4. What did Yancey's study of the Old Testament teach him about the word Messiah?
5. What does Yancey note about the end times?
6. Why was Jesus's attitude towards women so revolutionary?
7. What is the one miracle that is in all four biblical gospels?
8. Why does Yancey find the Beatitudes so difficult?
9. What does the name of Jesus mean?
10. What does Jesus say about the woman who comes into the respectable house of Simon and wipes Jesus's feet with her hair?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)