|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is in power in Palestine when Jesus is born?
(a) The council of Hosea.
(b) Galilee the Wise.
(c) Herod the Great.
2. Who writes the play "The Man Born to be King?"
(a) Thomas Merton.
(c) Dorothy Sayers.
(d) George MacDonald.
3. Who invited Yancey to the White House?
(a) George Bush.
(b) Ronald Reagan.
(c) Billy Graham.
(d) President Clinton.
4. Why does H. G. Wells say Jesus is important?
(a) Caused a turning point in history.
(b) His Jewish background is unique.
(c) Jesus is the son of God.
(d) What Jesus left continues to grow.
5. What is the name of the former mouth piece of the Community Party?
(a) Red Forever.
(c) Brothers and Sisters Unite.
(d) Russia Today.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Jesus when he dies?
2. What is the Golden Rule?
3. Who marries the granddaughter of Augustus Caesar?
4. How many laws do the Pharisees discover?
5. When does Joseph bring his family to Israel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jesus recommend as a punishment for lustful thinking?
2. What is Yancey's interpretation of why God decided not to come in clouds of glory and fix everything?
3. What does Jesus change about the way people worship?
4. What language did Jesus speak growing up?
5. What does Yancey object to in sentimental Christmas card portrayals of Jesus?
6. Why does Yancey start Chapter 5 with a quote from Napoleon?
7. What is the Golden Rule?
8. What is the Temptation in the desert?
9. What are the Beatitudes?
10. What is it that restores Jesus's humanity for Yancey?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)