|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Yancey, why are older black people happier than older white people?
(a) Whites take less care of their elders.
(b) White people worry more.
(c) Black people tend to believe in heaven.
(d) Blacks are healthier.
2. How many emendations do the Pharisees add to the law?
3. What is the name of the former mouth piece of the Community Party?
(a) Russia Today.
(b) Brothers and Sisters Unite.
(c) Red Forever.
4. When does Yancey first get acquainted with Jesus?
(a) Theological Seminary.
(c) Sunday school.
(d) Army chapel services.
5. What is the image Yancey first has of Jesus?
(a) Angry radical political leader.
(b) Ethereal being of light.
(c) Intense philosophical giant.
(d) Sweet Victorian nanny holding lambs and smiling.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the treasurer for Jesus's disciples?
2. Where does Yancey teach his film class on Jesus?
3. Who writes the play "The Man Born to be King?"
4. What is the movie that Yancey saw in 1971 that portrayed a very different kind of Jesus?
5. How many laws do the Pharisees discover?
Short Essay Questions
1. What event of the Last Supper startles Yancey?
2. What does Yancey notice about the last parables that Jesus tells?
3. Why does Yancey grow up not knowing any Jewish people?
4. What is the one miracle that is in all four biblical gospels?
5. What is unusual about leprosy patients and their illness?
6. What does Jesus recommend as a punishment for lustful thinking?
7. What experience did Yancey have that began to change his understanding of Jesus?
8. Why is the day of crucifixion called "Good Friday"?
9. What does Jesus say about the woman who comes into the respectable house of Simon and wipes Jesus's feet with her hair?
10. Why was Jesus's attitude towards women so revolutionary?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)