|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Yancey, why are older black people happier than older white people?
(a) White people worry more.
(b) Whites take less care of their elders.
(c) Blacks are healthier.
(d) Black people tend to believe in heaven.
2. According to Yancey, what kind of man was Tolstoy?
(a) A great friend, husband, and sweetheart to all.
(b) Simply a bundle of joy and hope.
(c) A deeply unhappy man.
(d) The best father ever.
3. What does Jesus refuse to do with Satan?
(a) Play by his rules.
(b) Use his power.
(c) Listen to him.
(d) Destroy him.
4. When does Joseph bring his family to Israel?
(a) After Herod the Great dies.
(b) After the Red Sea is parted.
(c) When Jesus is 21.
(d) They never came back.
5. How many women are mentioned in the genealogy of Jesus in Matthew?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the headquarters of the Wycliffe Bible translators?
2. Why is Yancey drawn to Jesus, according to Chapter 1?
3. What are Owens's student's reaction to the Sermon on the Mount?
4. What does Antiochus try to do to the Jews?
5. What does Yancey want to answer with this book, according to Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the students at Texas A & M think of the Beatitudes?
2. Why does Yancey find the Beatitudes so difficult?
3. What is it that restores Jesus's humanity for Yancey?
4. What is the Temptation in the desert?
5. What does Jesus recommend as a punishment for lustful thinking?
6. What is the concept from Barbara Tuchman of "no flash-forwards"?
7. What is Jacob Neuser's primary objection to Jesus?
8. What is the Golden Rule?
9. What are the three levels of the Beatitudes in Chapter 6?
10. What did Jesus look like?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)