|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Yancey grow up?
(a) Kansas City, Kansas.
(b) Jerusalem, Israel.
(c) Atlanta, Georgia.
(d) London, England.
2. What is General Schwarzkopf's message in Chapter 6?
(a) Blessed are the weak.
(b) Blessed are the strong.
(c) Blessed is the military.
(d) Blessed are the violent.
3. What is the ethnic background of Jesus?
4. How many books does Jacob Neusner write?
5. What is the physical appearance of Jesus?
(a) We don't know.
(b) Tall and handsome, blond and blue eyed.
(c) Black skin, black hair and eyes.
(d) Asian features, very short and stout.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the Zealots like?
2. How does a commentary Yancey mentions translate "Blessed are the poor in spirit"?
3. What does Ivan Karamazov write?
4. What does supersessionism mean?
5. What language does Jesus speak on a daily basis?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the one word label Yancey would bestow upon Jesus?
2. What are the Beatitudes?
3. What does Yancey discover as he begins to study the Jesus of the Gospels?
4. What is Jacob Neuser's primary objection to Jesus?
5. What does Henri Nouwen do that is so unusual?
6. Why does Yancey start Chapter 5 with a quote from Napoleon?
7. What is the concept from Barbara Tuchman of "no flash-forwards"?
8. What is Yancey's interpretation of why God decided not to come in clouds of glory and fix everything?
9. Who is Rabbi Menachem Mendel Schneerson?
10. What is it that restores Jesus's humanity for Yancey?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)