|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Satan get from the Temptation episode?
(a) Free reign to keep doing what he wants.
(b) Victory over God's will.
(c) Power over Jesus.
(d) A partner in crime.
2. Who is the treasurer for Jesus's disciples?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 4, what does Yancey say the Gospels assert that Jesus is?
(a) Nice Guy.
(b) Good friend.
(c) God's own son.
(d) Good teacher.
4. Where does Jesus spend his first years?
(a) Far East.
5. What does Yancey do for snowbound weeks in Colorado?
(a) Read the Bible.
(b) Almost dies.
(c) Pray for help.
(d) Loses his faith.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is in power in Palestine when Jesus is born?
2. What does Yancey think the church has turned Jesus into, according to Chapter 1?
3. How do teachers live in Jesus'sday?
4. When does Joseph bring his family to Israel?
5. When are the Gospels written?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Rabbi Menachem Mendel Schneerson?
2. What does Yancey discover as he begins to study the Jesus of the Gospels?
3. What does Yancey say is the true meaning of Christmas?
4. What are the three levels of the Beatitudes in Chapter 6?
5. What is the one word label Yancey would bestow upon Jesus?
6. What did Jesus look like?
7. What is Jacob Neuser's primary objection to Jesus?
8. What is the concept from Barbara Tuchman of "no flash-forwards"?
9. What is Yancey's purpose in writing The Jesus I Thought I Knew?
10. What is it that restores Jesus's humanity for Yancey?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)