|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many Jews live in the Roman Empire in the first century?
(a) 8 million.
(b) 500 million.
2. Who marries the granddaughter of Augustus Caesar?
(a) Caesar Julius.
(b) Pontius Pilate.
(c) Herod the Great.
(d) Herod Antipas.
3. Who fights against Antiochus?
4. When does Joseph bring his family to Israel?
(a) They never came back.
(b) After Herod the Great dies.
(c) When Jesus is 21.
(d) After the Red Sea is parted.
5. What does Francois Mauriac strive to be?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many emendations do the Pharisees add to the law?
2. Why does H. G. Wells say Jesus is important?
3. What does Jesus propose for those who look at a woman lustfully?
4. Where does Yancey teach the Beatitudes?
5. According to Yancey, what is the primary emotion in most religions when one approaches God?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the concept from Barbara Tuchman of "no flash-forwards"?
2. What does Yancey discover as he begins to study the Jesus of the Gospels?
3. Why does Yancey start Chapter 5 with a quote from Napoleon?
4. How does the gospel of Matthew open and what is the importance of that?
5. What does the name of Jesus mean?
6. What does Jesus change about the way people worship?
7. What does Yancey do with the extremism of Jesus?
8. What did Jesus look like?
9. What is the Golden Rule?
10. What does Yancey say is the true meaning of Christmas?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)