|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the treasurer for Jesus's disciples?
2. When are the Dead Sea Scrolls discovered in Qumram?
3. What does Walter Wink say about Jesus in Chapter 1?
(a) There was no Jesus, we simply threw together a story.
(b) If Jesus had never lived, we would not have been able to invent him.
(c) Jesus was not human and therefore not accessible.
(d) Jesus was never interested in writing anything down, but we are.
4. In Chapter 6, what does Yancey admit to being?
5. What is the name of the former mouth piece of the Community Party?
(a) Russia Today.
(b) Brothers and Sisters Unite.
(d) Red Forever.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Yancy in Chapter 5, why do people like being where Jesus is?
2. What does Yancey give up as a result of the Sermon on the Mount?
3. How many ordinary activities do the Pharisees outlaw on the Sabbath?
4. What is the movie that Yancey saw in 1971 that portrayed a very different kind of Jesus?
5. How does a commentary Yancey mentions translate "Blessed are the poor in spirit"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Yancey object to in sentimental Christmas card portrayals of Jesus?
2. Who is Rabbi Menachem Mendel Schneerson?
3. What is Yancey's interpretation of why God decided not to come in clouds of glory and fix everything?
4. What does Yancey say about parallel worlds in Chapter 1?
5. What is the Golden Rule?
6. How does the gospel of Matthew open and what is the importance of that?
7. What is it that restores Jesus's humanity for Yancey?
8. What did the students at Texas A & M think of the Beatitudes?
9. Why does Yancey start Chapter 5 with a quote from Napoleon?
10. Where did Philip Yancey first become acquainted with the stories of Jesus?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)