|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does supersessionism mean?
(a) Suppression of religion is good.
(b) Some religions grow out of and supersede others.
(c) Super religion suppresses other lesser religion.
(d) There is no way to suppress Christianity.
2. Who directs the silent classic from 1927 "King of Kings"?
(a) Monty Baraza.
(b) Cecil B. DeMille.
(c) George Lucas.
(d) George Barker.
3. Where does Yancey teach his film class on Jesus?
(a) 82nd Street YMCA in New York City.
(b) South Bend Indiana Presbyterian College.
(c) LaSalle Street Church.
(d) Harvard University.
4. What does Yancey want to answer with this book, according to Chapter 1?
(a) What would Jesus do?
(b) Who was Jesus?
(c) Why was there a Jesus?
(d) What is the point of life?
5. Where is Laszlo Tokes from?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Jesus when he dies?
2. What does communism consider religion to be?
3. How do teachers live in Jesus'sday?
4. How many ordinary activities do the Pharisees outlaw on the Sabbath?
5. Where does Virginia Stem Owens teach?
Short Essay Questions
1. What language did Jesus speak growing up?
2. Who is Rabbi Menachem Mendel Schneerson?
3. What is the Temptation in the desert?
4. How does the gospel of Matthew open and what is the importance of that?
5. What is Yancey's purpose in writing The Jesus I Thought I Knew?
6. What does Yancey say about parallel worlds in Chapter 1?
7. Why does Yancey find the Beatitudes so difficult?
8. What experience did Yancey have that began to change his understanding of Jesus?
9. What were the Maccabeans fighting against?
10. What is Jacob Neuser's primary objection to Jesus?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)