|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times is the Augustus Caesar mentioned in the Bible?
(a) Fifty times.
(b) Ten times.
(c) One time.
(d) Thousand times.
2. What is the Golden Rule?
(a) Do to others as you would have them do to you.
(b) Get all you can when you can.
(c) Gold is not worth its weight.
(d) Give to the poor more than to the rich.
3. What does supersessionism mean?
(a) Suppression of religion is good.
(b) Super religion suppresses other lesser religion.
(c) Some religions grow out of and supersede others.
(d) There is no way to suppress Christianity.
4. What does the Gospel of Mark say about why Jesus chose the Twelve?
(a) "That they might write down what he says."
(b) "That the end might be the beginning."
(c) "That night and day might be full of hope."
(d) "That they might be with him."
5. According to Yancey, what kind of man was Tolstoy?
(a) The best father ever.
(b) Simply a bundle of joy and hope.
(c) A great friend, husband, and sweetheart to all.
(d) A deeply unhappy man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Satan ask Jesus to turn a stone into?
2. What language does Jesus speak on a daily basis?
3. Where does Yancey teach his film class on Jesus?
4. What is the physical appearance of Jesus?
5. How many emendations do the Pharisees add to the law?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the one word label Yancey would bestow upon Jesus?
2. What language did Jesus speak growing up?
3. What experience did Yancey have that began to change his understanding of Jesus?
4. What is Yancey's interpretation of why God decided not to come in clouds of glory and fix everything?
5. What may Satan have taken away from the confrontation with Jesus in the wilderness?
6. What is it that restores Jesus's humanity for Yancey?
7. What does Jesus recommend as a punishment for lustful thinking?
8. Why does Yancey grow up not knowing any Jewish people?
9. How does the gospel of Matthew open and what is the importance of that?
10. What is Yancey's purpose in writing The Jesus I Thought I Knew?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)