|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is in power in Palestine when Jesus is born?
(a) Galilee the Wise.
(c) Herod the Great.
(d) The council of Hosea.
2. What does Ivan Karamazov write?
(a) Fifth symphony in Bflat.
(b) "The Grand Inquisitor" poem.
(c) The Brothers Karamozov.
(d) Jesus, Son of God.
3. What are the Zealots like?
(a) Politically conservative, preferred agrarian lifestyle.
(b) Rich, generous, and very sociable.
(c) Morals police, revolt against impure foreigners.
(d) Interested in drama, opera, and art.
4. What does the author M. Scott Peck try to bring about?
(a) Interfaith understanding and tolerance.
(b) A new translation of the Bible.
(c) Conversion of Islam and Buddhism to Christianity.
(d) Theological dogmatic purity.
5. What does Yancey do for snowbound weeks in Colorado?
(a) Read the Bible.
(b) Loses his faith.
(c) Pray for help.
(d) Almost dies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jesus' s first official act as an adult?
2. What is the ethnic background of Jesus?
3. How many books does Jacob Neusner write?
4. Who writes So Long, Sweet Jesus?
5. How old was Tolstoy when he wrote Resurrection?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Yancey say is the true meaning of Christmas?
2. What are the Beatitudes?
3. What does Yancey say about parallel worlds in Chapter 1?
4. Why does Yancey grow up not knowing any Jewish people?
5. What may Satan have taken away from the confrontation with Jesus in the wilderness?
6. Who is Rabbi Menachem Mendel Schneerson?
7. What does Yancey object to in sentimental Christmas card portrayals of Jesus?
8. What language did Jesus speak growing up?
9. What is the Temptation in the desert?
10. What is the one word label Yancey would bestow upon Jesus?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)