|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who fights against Antiochus?
2. How many Jews live in the Roman Empire in the first century?
(a) 500 million.
(b) 8 million.
3. Why is Yancey drawn to Jesus, according to Chapter 1?
(a) Jesus is the dividing point of Yancey's life.
(b) Jesus's teaching is so complicated.
(c) Yancey can't say why.
(d) It is God's will.
4. How does the Lakota tribe refer to Jesus?
(a) Lamb of God.
(b) Buffalo calf of God.
(c) Peace Giver.
(d) Son of Almighty.
5. What does Antiochus try to do to the Jews?
(a) Drive them into the Gobi desert.
(b) Completely destroy all the people.
(c) Enslave them for pyramid building.
(d) Hellenize their culture.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many women are mentioned in the genealogy of Jesus in Matthew?
2. In the middle ages, what do many Christians believe Jesus suffered from?
3. How does Albert Schweitzer interpret the Sermon on the Mount?
4. How do teachers live in Jesus'sday?
5. How many ordinary activities do the Pharisees outlaw on the Sabbath?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the Beatitudes?
2. What is ironic about Jesus entering into Jerusalem on a donkey?
3. What does Yancey say about how Easter affects who Jesus is for us?
4. What does Yancey discover as he begins to study the Jesus of the Gospels?
5. What is Jacob Neuser's primary objection to Jesus?
6. What is Yancey's interpretation of why God decided not to come in clouds of glory and fix everything?
7. What may Satan have taken away from the confrontation with Jesus in the wilderness?
8. What is Yancey's purpose in writing The Jesus I Thought I Knew?
9. What does Yancey object to in sentimental Christmas card portrayals of Jesus?
10. What did the students at Texas A & M think of the Beatitudes?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)