Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the word "gospel" mean?
(a) Book of rules.
(b) God's spell.
(c) Good News.
(d) Good Riddance.
2. What does the Gospel of Mark say about why Jesus chose the Twelve?
(a) "That they might write down what he says."
(b) "That the end might be the beginning."
(c) "That night and day might be full of hope."
(d) "That they might be with him."
3. What is the name of the former mouth piece of the Community Party?
(a) Brothers and Sisters Unite.
(c) Red Forever.
(d) Russia Today.
4. What does Jesus refuse to do with Satan?
(a) Destroy him.
(b) Use his power.
(c) Play by his rules.
(d) Listen to him.
5. Who is the treasurer for Jesus's disciples?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many emendations do the Pharisees add to the law?
2. Why is Yancey drawn to Jesus, according to Chapter 1?
3. How does a commentary Yancey mentions translate "Blessed are the poor in spirit"?
4. How many Jews live in the Roman Empire in the first century?
5. What does communism consider religion to be?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Yancey object to in sentimental Christmas card portrayals of Jesus?
2. What is Jacob Neuser's primary objection to Jesus?
3. What does Jesus say about the woman who comes into the respectable house of Simon and wipes Jesus's feet with her hair?
4. Who is the only named person in Jesus's parables?
5. What were the Maccabeans fighting against?
6. What did Jesus look like?
7. What does Henri Nouwen do that is so unusual?
8. What is unusual about leprosy patients and their illness?
9. What did Mother Teresa say about what she tried to provide for the ill?
10. What is the ultimate portrait of Jesus that Yancey comes up with?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)