|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Owens's student's reaction to the Sermon on the Mount?
(a) It changed their lives for the better.
(b) Profound and humbling.
(c) They find it offensive and absurd.
(d) Humorous and silly.
2. What does Yancey object to in modern Christmas cards?
(a) Waste of paper.
(c) Too many words.
3. In the middle ages, what do many Christians believe Jesus suffered from?
(b) Mental Illness.
4. What does Wim Wender makes films about?
(b) Islamic Rituals.
(c) Nazi history.
5. What typifies the Sadducees?
(a) Sad and lonely people.
(b) Large gregarious families with many parties and celebrations.
(c) Collaborated with Greeks and Romans.
(d) Physically active, liked games and sports.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who writes So Long, Sweet Jesus?
2. Who marries the granddaughter of Augustus Caesar?
3. Who writes the play "The Man Born to be King?"
4. What does supersessionism mean?
5. Where is the Sermon on the Mount in the Bible?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the students at Texas A & M think of the Beatitudes?
2. How does the gospel of Matthew open and what is the importance of that?
3. What does Jesus change about the way people worship?
4. What is the Temptation in the desert?
5. What does Yancey object to in sentimental Christmas card portrayals of Jesus?
6. What did Jesus look like?
7. What were the Maccabeans fighting against?
8. Where did Philip Yancey first become acquainted with the stories of Jesus?
9. What is it that restores Jesus's humanity for Yancey?
10. What does Jesus recommend as a punishment for lustful thinking?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)