|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who marries the granddaughter of Augustus Caesar?
(a) Herod Antipas.
(b) Pontius Pilate.
(c) Caesar Julius.
(d) Herod the Great.
2. What does Yancey say a major problem is in looking at the historical Jesus?
(a) Lack of language knowledge.
(b) Flash forward analysis.
(c) Political agendas.
(d) No historical understanding.
3. In the movie La Dolce Vita, what is the helicopter ferrying?
(a) Giant statue of Jesus.
(b) Glass angels.
(c) Flocks of gulls.
(d) Small house made of gold.
4. How many women are mentioned in the genealogy of Jesus in Matthew?
5. What language does Jesus speak on a daily basis?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who fights against Antiochus?
2. Who directs Jesus of Nazareth?
3. Where is Laszlo Tokes from?
4. Who are the 'Jesus freaks' referred to in Chapter 1?
5. Who writes the play "The Man Born to be King?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the one word label Yancey would bestow upon Jesus?
2. What are the Beatitudes?
3. What does Yancey discover as he begins to study the Jesus of the Gospels?
4. What may Satan have taken away from the confrontation with Jesus in the wilderness?
5. What is Jacob Neuser's primary objection to Jesus?
6. What experience did Yancey have that began to change his understanding of Jesus?
7. What is Yancey's purpose in writing The Jesus I Thought I Knew?
8. What is the Temptation in the desert?
9. What is it that restores Jesus's humanity for Yancey?
10. What language did Jesus speak growing up?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)