|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What brings Jesus to life for Yancey in Chapter 5?
(b) Long sermons.
(c) Lifeless flannel board scenes.
(d) Theological treatises.
2. What does Francois Mauriac strive to be?
3. What are Owens's student's reaction to the Sermon on the Mount?
(a) Humorous and silly.
(b) It changed their lives for the better.
(c) They find it offensive and absurd.
(d) Profound and humbling.
4. How many women are mentioned in the genealogy of Jesus in Matthew?
5. When is the document by Publius Lentulus forged?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the 'Jesus freaks' referred to in Chapter 1?
2. When are the Dead Sea Scrolls discovered in Qumram?
3. What is the physical appearance of Jesus?
4. Why is Yancey drawn to Jesus, according to Chapter 1?
5. In Chapter 5, what is the one word Yancey chooses to describe Jesus best?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jesus say to Pilate when asked if he is the King of the Jews?
2. What does Jesus say about the woman who comes into the respectable house of Simon and wipes Jesus's feet with her hair?
3. What was Jesus's first miracle?
4. What is the Golden Rule?
5. What does Yancey note about the end times?
6. What does Jesus leave behind?
7. What does Yancey object to in sentimental Christmas card portrayals of Jesus?
8. What is it that restores Jesus's humanity for Yancey?
9. How does the gospel of Matthew open and what is the importance of that?
10. What does Yancey discover as he begins to study the Jesus of the Gospels?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)