|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Owens's student's reaction to the Sermon on the Mount?
(a) They find it offensive and absurd.
(b) Humorous and silly.
(c) Profound and humbling.
(d) It changed their lives for the better.
2. How many people are killed in the earthquake of 31 B.C. in Palestine?
(a) 2 million.
3. When does Joseph bring his family to Israel?
(a) When Jesus is 21.
(b) After the Red Sea is parted.
(c) They never came back.
(d) After Herod the Great dies.
4. What is the physical appearance of Jesus?
(a) Asian features, very short and stout.
(b) Tall and handsome, blond and blue eyed.
(c) Black skin, black hair and eyes.
(d) We don't know.
5. What is the movie that Yancey saw in 1971 that portrayed a very different kind of Jesus?
(a) Jesus of Montreal.
(b) The Passion of the Christ.
(c) The Gospel According to St. Matthew.
(d) What a Wonderful life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Yancey teach the Beatitudes?
2. What do the Essenes believe in?
3. Where does Virginia Stem Owens teach?
4. What does Satan get from the Temptation episode?
5. What does the word "gospel" mean?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the gospel of Matthew open and what is the importance of that?
2. Why does Yancey grow up not knowing any Jewish people?
3. Why does Yancey find the Beatitudes so difficult?
4. What is Yancey's interpretation of why God decided not to come in clouds of glory and fix everything?
5. What does Jesus recommend as a punishment for lustful thinking?
6. What were the Maccabeans fighting against?
7. What are the Beatitudes?
8. What are the three levels of the Beatitudes in Chapter 6?
9. What did Jesus look like?
10. What does Yancey say the Communist party had trouble with?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)