|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who directs the silent classic from 1927 "King of Kings"?
(a) Monty Baraza.
(b) George Lucas.
(c) Cecil B. DeMille.
(d) George Barker.
2. How many laws do the Pharisees discover?
3. What does supersessionism mean?
(a) Super religion suppresses other lesser religion.
(b) There is no way to suppress Christianity.
(c) Suppression of religion is good.
(d) Some religions grow out of and supersede others.
4. What do the Essenes believe in?
(a) Dionysian festivals of drunken merrymaking.
(b) Essence of spirit came from drinking no water.
(c) Pacificism, purity, and seperatation from society.
(d) Poetry, painting, and basket weaving.
5. What is the name of the former mouth piece of the Community Party?
(a) Brothers and Sisters Unite.
(b) Red Forever.
(d) Russia Today.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who fights against Antiochus?
2. In Chapter 6, what does Yancey admit to being?
3. What television figure does Yancy compare his early understanding of Jesus to?
4. What does Wim Wender makes films about?
5. What does Yancey say a major problem is in looking at the historical Jesus?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Yancey's purpose in writing The Jesus I Thought I Knew?
2. What were the Maccabeans fighting against?
3. What experience did Yancey have that began to change his understanding of Jesus?
4. What are the three levels of the Beatitudes in Chapter 6?
5. What is the one word label Yancey would bestow upon Jesus?
6. Why does Yancey find the Beatitudes so difficult?
7. What are the Beatitudes?
8. What does Yancey object to in sentimental Christmas card portrayals of Jesus?
9. What is the concept from Barbara Tuchman of "no flash-forwards"?
10. What does Jesus change about the way people worship?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)