|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jesus pray for hours before he is arrested?
(a) Upper Room.
(b) Garden of Gethsemane.
(d) Basement under the temple.
2. Who writes the poem that opens Chapter 12?
(a) Emily Dickinson.
(b) Robert Byrns.
(c) Robert Frost.
(d) King David.
3. How are Roman citizens executed?
(d) Shot through the heart.
4. Where does Jesus leave his teaching and life's journey?
(a) In human beings.
(b) On many stone tablets found in caves in 1947.
(c) In a book that is now lost.
(d) In song and verse.
5. Who were the first witnesses to the resurrection?
(a) Passing children.
(b) The women who went to the tomb.
(c) John and Judas.
(d) Apostle Paul.
6. What did Constantine do that changed Christianity forever?
(a) Wrote a treatise on why Christ matters.
(b) Legalized it and made it a state subsidized religion.
(c) Forced Europeans to accept Christ.
(d) Made Sunday the Sabbath.
7. After Jesus feeds the crowd of 5000, what is his next miracle?
(a) Walks on water.
(b) Makes a fish appear out of thin air.
(c) Feeds a crowd of 10,000.
(d) None, that was the last.
8. What three things does Jesus ask his disciples to do in memory of him?
(a) Baptize, share last supper, wash feet.
(b) Pray, sing, write.
(c) Read Bible, memorize verses, obey law.
(d) Do no harm, do not sin, and do not lie.
9. How many times does the word "kingdom" appear in the gospel of Matthew?
10. What does Mother Teresa try to provide for leprosy patients?
(a) A place where they feel wanted.
(b) Separation from society.
(c) Drugs and x-rays.
(d) An easy death.
11. What did Jesus believe was the true power?
(b) God's thunderbolts.
(d) Holy Spirit.
12. What does Jesus ask of God in his final prayers?
(a) Take this cup from me.
(b) Give me the power to vanquish Herod.
(c) Lift me immediately to heaven.
(d) Kill Pontius Pilate so I won't be hurt.
13. What do modern Christians call the final week of Jesus?
(a) End Game.
(b) Holy Week.
(c) Walk to the cross.
14. Who killed the kitten?
(c) Pugs, the Boston Terrier.
(d) Wild foxes.
15. What do the Pharisees think of Jesus?
(a) True leader.
(c) Deeply intellectual.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was torn in two when Jesus died on the cross?
2. What miracle is the last great "sign"?
3. What do the angels say to the disciples on the day of Ascension?
4. What worries Yancey about modern Christians and politicians?
5. What did the 1st century Zealots want to do?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)