|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who were the first witnesses to the resurrection?
(a) The women who went to the tomb.
(b) Apostle Paul.
(c) John and Judas.
(d) Passing children.
2. What do modern Christians call the final week of Jesus?
(a) Walk to the cross.
(c) End Game.
(d) Holy Week.
3. What do the Pharisees think of Jesus?
(a) True leader.
(c) Deeply intellectual.
4. When Jesus departs, where does he leave the keys to the kingdom, according to Yancey?
(a) To his mother Mary.
(b) In our fumbling hands.
(c) He doesn't leave any keys.
(d) He gives it to Peter.
5. What does Jesus say when Pilate asks him if he is the King of the Jews?
(a) "My kingdom is not of this world."
(b) "With God's help, I will be."
(c) "I am, so step aside and let me rule."
(d) "My kingdom has come, prepare to be dismissed."
6. What is missing from Thomas Jefferson's version of the New Testament?
7. Why does the leprosy patient cry when Dr. Brand greets him?
(a) It hurt when Dr. Brand shook his hand.
(b) He was frightened.
(c) No one had touched him in many years.
(d) He felt lost and alone.
8. What miracle makes it into all four gospels?
(a) Feeding the crowd of 5000.
(b) Raising Lazarus.
(c) Healing the blind man.
(d) Healing Jaipur's daughter.
9. What word is on the grandmother's tombstone under the live oak tree?
10. What does the Bible say about why Judas betrayed Jesus?
(a) Jealousy was in him.
(b) He wanted money.
(c) Satan entered him.
(d) He wanted to be Jesus.
11. How often is the Most Holy Place entered by the High Priest?
(a) Every morning at 6.
(c) Each Sabbath at sunset.
(d) One day a year.
12. In Chapter 14, why does Yancey say he is a Christian?
(a) Jesus and no good alternatives.
(b) Born into it.
(c) He's not sure.
(d) Makes the most sense.
13. After Jesus feeds the crowd of 5000, what is his next miracle?
(a) Feeds a crowd of 10,000.
(b) Walks on water.
(c) None, that was the last.
(d) Makes a fish appear out of thin air.
14. What does Yancey say about human preoccupation with the "end times"?
(a) Many ages and eras have believed the end was near.
(b) Jesus never promises an end time.
(c) The disciples were the last to think about the end times.
(d) Now is the only time the concept of end times has appeared.
15. What does Yancey learn from the kitten's death?
(a) Life isn't fair.
(b) There aren't always answers.
(c) We are all fragile.
(d) Death is irreversible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Ascension?
2. Why does Yancey like the concept of God's law?
3. Who killed the kitten?
4. What was torn in two when Jesus died on the cross?
5. What was Jesus's first miracle?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)