|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Paul Brand specialize in?
(b) Stigma disorders.
(d) Mental illness.
2. What does Yancey say the epicenter of the disciples belief is?
(a) Jesus's birth.
(b) Jesus's teaching.
(c) Miracles of healing.
3. Who were the first witnesses to the resurrection?
(a) John and Judas.
(b) Passing children.
(c) The women who went to the tomb.
(d) Apostle Paul.
4. Where does Jesus pray for hours before he is arrested?
(a) Garden of Gethsemane.
(c) Upper Room.
(d) Basement under the temple.
5. What does Jesus say when Pilate asks him if he is the King of the Jews?
(a) "My kingdom is not of this world."
(b) "My kingdom has come, prepare to be dismissed."
(c) "I am, so step aside and let me rule."
(d) "With God's help, I will be."
6. How are Roman citizens executed?
(d) Shot through the heart.
7. How many times does the word "kingdom" appear in the gospel of Matthew?
8. Who defends Jesus at his trials?
(a) Judas and Herod.
(b) Paul, Silas, and Peter.
(c) A large group of Pharisees.
(d) No one.
9. Did Jesus call himself a Messiah?
(b) There are strongly divided opinions about this.
(c) We don't know.
10. How is God's kingdom different than a human kingdom, according to Yancey in Chapter 13?
(a) God is the king in his kingdom.
(b) We can't know the answer to that.
(c) It lives and grows on the inside of human beings.
(d) It is bigger.
11. What does Christos/Christ mean in Hebrew?
(b) Son of Man.
(d) Son of God.
12. What does Yancey think Easter makes Jesus?
(d) More intelligent.
13. What did Constantine do that changed Christianity forever?
(a) Wrote a treatise on why Christ matters.
(b) Forced Europeans to accept Christ.
(c) Made Sunday the Sabbath.
(d) Legalized it and made it a state subsidized religion.
14. How do traditional Jews say the name of God?
(b) They do not say it.
(d) God Almighty.
15. What does Yancey criticize about the church in Chapter 8?
(a) Church is full of disreputable people.
(b) Not enough pressure to give money.
(c) Too much emphasis on prayer.
(d) Church attracts only respectable types.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Frederick Buechner struck by in reading about Jesus's appearances after the resurrection?
2. How does Jesus command Jairus's daughter to come back to life?
3. What does a Pharisee do according to Greg, in Chapter 8?
4. Who writes the poem that opens Chapter 12?
5. What is the feeling of the resurrection stories in the Bible?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)