|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the feeling of the resurrection stories in the Bible?
(a) Just what everyone expected.
(b) Sense of revenge against Romans.
2. What do 1st century Jews and modern evangelical Christians have in common?
(a) They have nothing in common.
(b) Used the scriptures as a guide.
(c) Both want a conquering hero as Messiah.
(d) Same determination to be right.
3. What are Samaritians called?
(b) Kind people.
4. What changes politically with the death of Jesus?
(b) The Roman Empire falls very quickly.
(c) Jews begin to rule again in Palestine.
(d) Herod the Great is murdered.
5. After Jesus feeds the crowd of 5000, what is his next miracle?
(a) Walks on water.
(b) Feeds a crowd of 10,000.
(c) None, that was the last.
(d) Makes a fish appear out of thin air.
6. How are Roman citizens executed?
(c) Shot through the heart.
7. What does Yancey learn from the kitten's death?
(a) We are all fragile.
(b) There aren't always answers.
(c) Life isn't fair.
(d) Death is irreversible.
8. What temptation has the church faced since the time of Constantine?
(a) Being the morals police of society.
(b) Having too much money.
(c) Being too much a part of the mainstream powers.
(d) Supporting unjust regimes.
9. What is missing from Thomas Jefferson's version of the New Testament?
10. What miracle makes it into all four gospels?
(a) Feeding the crowd of 5000.
(b) Raising Lazarus.
(c) Healing Jaipur's daughter.
(d) Healing the blind man.
11. What do the angels say to the disciples on the day of Ascension?
(a) "He is not here. He has risen."
(b) "Hail, full of Grace, be at peace."
(c) "Why do you stand here looking into the sky?"
(d) "Fear not, the Lord is with you."
12. Why does Yancey like the concept of God's law?
(a) Law can be interpreted clearly.
(b) Love is too vague to live by.
(c) Under law, he knows where he ranks.
(d) Law is solid ground.
13. Where does Shusaku Endo grow up?
14. Who is it that has applied the most layers of dirt and grime on Jesus?
(c) The church.
15. Yancey says that by ascending Jesus took the risk of what?
(a) Being forgotten.
(b) Not making a difference in the world.
(c) Never returning.
(d) Allowing Satan to rule.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Ascension?
2. Did Jesus call himself a Messiah?
3. What three things does Jesus ask his disciples to do in memory of him?
4. What for Yancey does the Old Testament underscore?
5. How often is the Most Holy Place entered by the High Priest?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)