|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a leper in Jesus's time have to call out?
(b) "Make way!"
2. What do Peter and Judas have in common?
(a) They both betrayed Jesus.
(b) They were both very old.
(c) They had nothing in common.
(d) Related by blood, cousins.
3. What do the Pharisees think of Jesus?
(c) Deeply intellectual.
(d) True leader.
4. What word is on the grandmother's tombstone under the live oak tree?
5. How long is Jesus with the disciples between the Resurrection and Ascension?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) 1 hour.
(c) 1 year.
(d) Three days.
6. What does Yancey think of what the church brings?
(a) It is all good.
(b) Both light and darkness.
(c) It is all bad.
(d) He thinks the church should be destroyed.
7. Where is the opening quote of Chapter 8 from?
(a) Gospel of Matthew.
(b) The Merchant of Venice.
(c) Peter's letter to the Epistles.
(d) Mission: Impossible.
8. How many times does the word "kingdom" appear in the gospel of Matthew?
9. What changes politically with the death of Jesus?
(a) Herod the Great is murdered.
(b) The Roman Empire falls very quickly.
(d) Jews begin to rule again in Palestine.
10. How do the New Testament Jews refer to God?
(a) Great God Almighty.
11. What does Jesus ask of God in his final prayers?
(a) Lift me immediately to heaven.
(b) Give me the power to vanquish Herod.
(c) Kill Pontius Pilate so I won't be hurt.
(d) Take this cup from me.
12. What did Constantine do that changed Christianity forever?
(a) Legalized it and made it a state subsidized religion.
(b) Wrote a treatise on why Christ matters.
(c) Forced Europeans to accept Christ.
(d) Made Sunday the Sabbath.
13. What does Surgeon General Koop say the new leprosy is?
(b) Toxic elements.
(c) Mental illness.
14. What does Yancey criticize about the church in Chapter 8?
(a) Too much emphasis on prayer.
(b) Not enough pressure to give money.
(c) Church is full of disreputable people.
(d) Church attracts only respectable types.
15. Who wrote Mere Christianity?
(a) C.S. Lewis.
(b) Pope Pious IV.
(c) John Edwards.
(d) Phil Quincy.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 14, why does Yancey say he is a Christian?
2. What temptation has the church faced since the time of Constantine?
3. What did Martin Luther encourage his students to do?
4. How are Roman citizens executed?
5. What does "Deus Absconditus" mean?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)