|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jesus pray for hours before he is arrested?
(b) Basement under the temple.
(c) Upper Room.
(d) Garden of Gethsemane.
2. What is missing from Thomas Jefferson's version of the New Testament?
3. How does Jesus command Jairus's daughter to come back to life?
(a) "Satan, get behind thee."
(b) "My child, get up!"
(c) "She is only asleep."
(d) "Rise, and be well!"
4. What does the Bible say about why Judas betrayed Jesus?
(a) He wanted to be Jesus.
(b) Satan entered him.
(c) He wanted money.
(d) Jealousy was in him.
5. What does Yancey say the epicenter of the disciples belief is?
(b) Miracles of healing.
(c) Jesus's teaching.
(d) Jesus's birth.
6. What is the feeling of the resurrection stories in the Bible?
(a) Sense of revenge against Romans.
(c) Just what everyone expected.
7. How do the New Testament Jews refer to God?
(b) Great God Almighty.
8. What do the angels say to the disciples on the day of Ascension?
(a) "Hail, full of Grace, be at peace."
(b) "Why do you stand here looking into the sky?"
(c) "He is not here. He has risen."
(d) "Fear not, the Lord is with you."
9. According to Yancey, how many times does the Qur'an apply the word "love" to God?
(b) Endless times.
10. What for Yancey does the Old Testament underscore?
(a) People are angry with God.
(b) The vast gulf between God and humanity.
(c) Poetry is the only way to describe God.
(d) God is angry with humanity.
11. What do the Pharisees think of Jesus?
(b) True leader.
(d) Deeply intellectual.
12. What does Yancey say is the message of Jesus's miracles?
(a) Miracles happen randomly.
(b) Only God can heal.
(c) Jesus is God.
(d) Early glimpses of what is to come.
13. Who is it that has applied the most layers of dirt and grime on Jesus?
(b) The church.
14. Who defends Jesus at his trials?
(a) A large group of Pharisees.
(b) No one.
(c) Judas and Herod.
(d) Paul, Silas, and Peter.
15. For Yancey, what was Jesus obscured by in the churches he grew up in?
(a) American politics.
(b) Evangelical fervor.
(c) Modern music and loose morals.
(d) Racism, intolerance, and petty legalism.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Samaritians called?
2. How are Roman citizens executed?
3. What does Dr. Paul Brand specialize in?
4. What three things does Jesus ask his disciples to do in memory of him?
5. What does Jesus ask of God in his final prayers?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)