|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What worries Yancey about modern Christians and politicians?
(a) Christians should run for office more often.
(b) Everyone should be voting for Christian politicians.
(c) Christians are courted by savvy politicians.
(d) Politicians don't realize how powerful Christians are.
2. What does Yancey's father die of?
3. What do the angels say to the disciples on the day of Ascension?
(a) "Why do you stand here looking into the sky?"
(b) "Hail, full of Grace, be at peace."
(c) "Fear not, the Lord is with you."
(d) "He is not here. He has risen."
4. Who defends Jesus at his trials?
(a) Paul, Silas, and Peter.
(b) Judas and Herod.
(c) No one.
(d) A large group of Pharisees.
5. Did Jesus call himself a Messiah?
(c) We don't know.
(d) There are strongly divided opinions about this.
6. Why does Yancey like the concept of God's law?
(a) Love is too vague to live by.
(b) Under law, he knows where he ranks.
(c) Law is solid ground.
(d) Law can be interpreted clearly.
7. According to Yancey, how many times does the Qur'an apply the word "love" to God?
(a) Endless times.
8. What was Jesus's first miracle?
(a) Turning water into wine.
(b) Raising Lazarus from the dead.
(c) Feeding of the 5000.
9. Who wrote Mere Christianity?
(a) John Edwards.
(b) Pope Pious IV.
(c) Phil Quincy.
(d) C.S. Lewis.
10. Who were the first witnesses to the resurrection?
(a) The women who went to the tomb.
(b) Apostle Paul.
(c) John and Judas.
(d) Passing children.
11. How often is the Most Holy Place entered by the High Priest?
(a) Every morning at 6.
(b) One day a year.
(c) Each Sabbath at sunset.
12. What miracle is the last great "sign"?
(b) Holy Spirit.
(c) Raising Lazarus.
13. How are Roman citizens executed?
(b) Shot through the heart.
14. What did Constantine do that changed Christianity forever?
(a) Made Sunday the Sabbath.
(b) Wrote a treatise on why Christ matters.
(c) Legalized it and made it a state subsidized religion.
(d) Forced Europeans to accept Christ.
15. Why does Zacchaeus climb the tree?
(a) To drop things on people's heads.
(b) To get away from Jesus and the crowd.
(c) He is too short to see Jesus.
(d) Wants more attention for himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the first Christians stake everything on?
2. What do modern Christians call the final week of Jesus?
3. What is Zacchaeus's profession?
4. Why has the name Judas died out?
5. What bombshell does Jesus drop during the last supper?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)