|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is Jesus with the disciples between the Resurrection and Ascension?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) 1 hour.
(c) 1 year.
(d) Three days.
2. Who killed the kitten?
(a) Pugs, the Boston Terrier.
(c) Wild foxes.
3. What do the angels say to the disciples on the day of Ascension?
(a) "He is not here. He has risen."
(b) "Fear not, the Lord is with you."
(c) "Why do you stand here looking into the sky?"
(d) "Hail, full of Grace, be at peace."
4. What did Martin Luther encourage his students to do?
(a) Become Buddhist and then convert back.
(b) Flee the hidden God and run to Christ.
(c) Turn the page when they got stuck.
(d) Travel until they felt very lost.
5. What temptation has the church faced since the time of Constantine?
(a) Being the morals police of society.
(b) Having too much money.
(c) Being too much a part of the mainstream powers.
(d) Supporting unjust regimes.
6. Who wrote Mere Christianity?
(a) John Edwards.
(b) C.S. Lewis.
(c) Pope Pious IV.
(d) Phil Quincy.
7. What worries Yancey about modern Christians and politicians?
(a) Christians should run for office more often.
(b) Politicians don't realize how powerful Christians are.
(c) Christians are courted by savvy politicians.
(d) Everyone should be voting for Christian politicians.
8. Who defends Jesus at his trials?
(a) No one.
(b) Judas and Herod.
(c) Paul, Silas, and Peter.
(d) A large group of Pharisees.
9. Who were the first witnesses to the resurrection?
(a) The women who went to the tomb.
(b) Apostle Paul.
(c) Passing children.
(d) John and Judas.
10. What does Yancey learn from the kitten's death?
(a) Death is irreversible.
(b) We are all fragile.
(c) There aren't always answers.
(d) Life isn't fair.
11. What does "Deus Absconditus" mean?
(a) Absence of Deus.
(b) Deity Neigh.
(c) Where is God now?
(d) God Absolutely.
12. What is the feeling of the resurrection stories in the Bible?
(b) Just what everyone expected.
(c) Sense of revenge against Romans.
13. Where does Jesus pray for hours before he is arrested?
(a) Basement under the temple.
(b) Garden of Gethsemane.
(d) Upper Room.
14. How is God's kingdom different than a human kingdom, according to Yancey in Chapter 13?
(a) It is bigger.
(b) We can't know the answer to that.
(c) It lives and grows on the inside of human beings.
(d) God is the king in his kingdom.
15. What is unusual about the disease of leprosy?
(a) Leprosy only occurs in hot climates.
(b) There is no cause.
(c) Lepers lose the ability to sing.
(d) A leper feels no physical pain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jesus say when Pilate asks him if he is the King of the Jews?
2. In Jesus's, day what were the Jews looking for?
3. Where was George Buttrick serving as chaplain?
4. What does Yancey say the epicenter of the disciples belief is?
5. How often is the Most Holy Place entered by the High Priest?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)