|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Yancey's kitten that died?
2. What is Frederick Buechner struck by in reading about Jesus's appearances after the resurrection?
(a) Both men and women saw him.
(b) Unglamorous quality of it.
(c) Very few people saw him.
(d) Many people saw him.
3. What does a Pharisee do according to Greg, in Chapter 8?
(a) Follows God's law.
(b) Ruins heaven.
(c) Makes up rules.
(d) Looks down on other people.
4. How does Jesus command Jairus's daughter to come back to life?
(a) "She is only asleep."
(b) "Rise, and be well!"
(c) "Satan, get behind thee."
(d) "My child, get up!"
5. What does "Deus Absconditus" mean?
(a) God Absolutely.
(b) Deity Neigh.
(c) Absence of Deus.
(d) Where is God now?
6. What bombshell does Jesus drop during the last supper?
(a) That one of the disciples will betray him.
(b) He has run out of money.
(c) There is no God.
(d) Silence must be kept.
7. Where does Jesus pray for hours before he is arrested?
(a) Basement under the temple.
(c) Garden of Gethsemane.
(d) Upper Room.
8. After Jesus feeds the crowd of 5000, what is his next miracle?
(a) Feeds a crowd of 10,000.
(b) None, that was the last.
(c) Makes a fish appear out of thin air.
(d) Walks on water.
9. What do modern Christians call the final week of Jesus?
(a) End Game.
(c) Holy Week.
(d) Walk to the cross.
10. What does Christos/Christ mean in Hebrew?
(a) Son of Man.
(d) Son of God.
11. How is God's kingdom different than a human kingdom, according to Yancey in Chapter 13?
(a) It is bigger.
(b) We can't know the answer to that.
(c) It lives and grows on the inside of human beings.
(d) God is the king in his kingdom.
12. Why does Yancey like the concept of God's law?
(a) Law is solid ground.
(b) Law can be interpreted clearly.
(c) Love is too vague to live by.
(d) Under law, he knows where he ranks.
13. What was Jesus's first miracle?
(a) Feeding of the 5000.
(c) Turning water into wine.
(d) Raising Lazarus from the dead.
14. What does Yancey learn from the kitten's death?
(a) There aren't always answers.
(b) We are all fragile.
(c) Death is irreversible.
(d) Life isn't fair.
15. Who killed the kitten?
(a) Wild foxes.
(b) Pugs, the Boston Terrier.
Short Answer Questions
1. Yancey says that by ascending Jesus took the risk of what?
2. How often is the Most Holy Place entered by the High Priest?
3. What did Constantine do that changed Christianity forever?
4. Where does Jesus leave his teaching and life's journey?
5. What do Peter and Judas have in common?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)