|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often is the Most Holy Place entered by the High Priest?
(b) Each Sabbath at sunset.
(c) Every morning at 6.
(d) One day a year.
2. What three things does Jesus ask his disciples to do in memory of him?
(a) Baptize, share last supper, wash feet.
(b) Pray, sing, write.
(c) Do no harm, do not sin, and do not lie.
(d) Read Bible, memorize verses, obey law.
3. What did the first Christians stake everything on?
(a) A new religion.
(b) The Resurrection.
(c) Paul's theology.
(d) Nothing, they were utterly lost.
4. For Yancey, what was Jesus obscured by in the churches he grew up in?
(a) American politics.
(b) Evangelical fervor.
(c) Modern music and loose morals.
(d) Racism, intolerance, and petty legalism.
5. Who writes the poem that opens Chapter 12?
(a) Robert Byrns.
(b) King David.
(c) Robert Frost.
(d) Emily Dickinson.
6. What does Surgeon General Koop say the new leprosy is?
(c) Mental illness.
(d) Toxic elements.
7. What does "Deus Absconditus" mean?
(a) Where is God now?
(b) Absence of Deus.
(c) Deity Neigh.
(d) God Absolutely.
8. What was Jesus's first miracle?
(a) Feeding of the 5000.
(b) Raising Lazarus from the dead.
(d) Turning water into wine.
9. What miracle makes it into all four gospels?
(a) Raising Lazarus.
(b) Healing the blind man.
(c) Feeding the crowd of 5000.
(d) Healing Jaipur's daughter.
10. What does Jesus say when Pilate asks him if he is the King of the Jews?
(a) "My kingdom has come, prepare to be dismissed."
(b) "With God's help, I will be."
(c) "My kingdom is not of this world."
(d) "I am, so step aside and let me rule."
11. What do modern Christians call the final week of Jesus?
(a) Holy Week.
(b) End Game.
(c) Walk to the cross.
12. Who is it that has applied the most layers of dirt and grime on Jesus?
(b) The church.
13. How do the New Testament Jews refer to God?
(c) Great God Almighty.
14. What does Mother Teresa try to provide for leprosy patients?
(a) An easy death.
(b) Drugs and x-rays.
(c) A place where they feel wanted.
(d) Separation from society.
15. What is Zacchaeus's profession?
(c) Tax collector.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do 1st century Jews and modern evangelical Christians have in common?
2. What does a Pharisee do according to Greg, in Chapter 8?
3. Where does Jesus pray for hours before he is arrested?
4. Why does the leprosy patient cry when Dr. Brand greets him?
5. What does Jesus ask of God in his final prayers?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)