|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What miracle makes it into all four gospels?
(a) Healing Jaipur's daughter.
(b) Healing the blind man.
(c) Feeding the crowd of 5000.
(d) Raising Lazarus.
2. What do 1st century Jews and modern evangelical Christians have in common?
(a) Both want a conquering hero as Messiah.
(b) They have nothing in common.
(c) Same determination to be right.
(d) Used the scriptures as a guide.
3. What is Frederick Buechner struck by in reading about Jesus's appearances after the resurrection?
(a) Very few people saw him.
(b) Many people saw him.
(c) Unglamorous quality of it.
(d) Both men and women saw him.
4. What does Yancey think Easter makes Jesus?
(c) More intelligent.
5. Who wrote the Japanese novel Silence?
(a) John Banto.
(b) Shusako Endo.
(c) Phil Yancey.
(d) Andy Bain.
6. What did Martin Luther encourage his students to do?
(a) Turn the page when they got stuck.
(b) Flee the hidden God and run to Christ.
(c) Become Buddhist and then convert back.
(d) Travel until they felt very lost.
7. Why does Zacchaeus climb the tree?
(a) To get away from Jesus and the crowd.
(b) He is too short to see Jesus.
(c) To drop things on people's heads.
(d) Wants more attention for himself.
8. What does Yancey believe about the gospel of Jesus?
(a) We need new teaching that supersedes Jesus.
(b) It was temporary and no longer has meaning.
(c) It is not a political platform.
(d) The Gospels are not written by Jesus.
9. What bombshell does Jesus drop during the last supper?
(a) That one of the disciples will betray him.
(b) Silence must be kept.
(c) He has run out of money.
(d) There is no God.
10. Who writes the poem that opens Chapter 12?
(a) Robert Byrns.
(b) King David.
(c) Robert Frost.
(d) Emily Dickinson.
11. What does a Pharisee do according to Greg, in Chapter 8?
(a) Follows God's law.
(b) Ruins heaven.
(c) Makes up rules.
(d) Looks down on other people.
12. What is missing from Thomas Jefferson's version of the New Testament?
13. Yancey says that by ascending Jesus took the risk of what?
(a) Being forgotten.
(b) Not making a difference in the world.
(c) Never returning.
(d) Allowing Satan to rule.
14. Who were the first witnesses to the resurrection?
(a) John and Judas.
(b) The women who went to the tomb.
(c) Apostle Paul.
(d) Passing children.
15. How is God's kingdom different than a human kingdom, according to Yancey in Chapter 13?
(a) It lives and grows on the inside of human beings.
(b) We can't know the answer to that.
(c) God is the king in his kingdom.
(d) It is bigger.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has the name Judas died out?
2. In Chapter 14, why does Yancey say he is a Christian?
3. What three things does Jesus ask his disciples to do in memory of him?
4. What is the Ascension?
5. What does Surgeon General Koop say the new leprosy is?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)