|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote Mere Christianity?
(a) C.S. Lewis.
(b) Pope Pious IV.
(c) Phil Quincy.
(d) John Edwards.
2. What does Dr. Paul Brand specialize in?
(b) Stigma disorders.
(c) Mental illness.
3. What does Surgeon General Koop say the new leprosy is?
(c) Mental illness.
(d) Toxic elements.
4. What did the 1st century Zealots want to do?
(a) Fight the Romans.
(b) Ascend into heaven.
(c) Leave and start a new country in Africa.
(d) Take over the religious life of the Jews.
5. Who is it that has applied the most layers of dirt and grime on Jesus?
(b) The church.
6. What does Yancey say is the message of Jesus's miracles?
(a) Early glimpses of what is to come.
(b) Miracles happen randomly.
(c) Only God can heal.
(d) Jesus is God.
7. How often is the Most Holy Place entered by the High Priest?
(a) Every morning at 6.
(b) One day a year.
(d) Each Sabbath at sunset.
8. What worries Yancey about modern Christians and politicians?
(a) Politicians don't realize how powerful Christians are.
(b) Christians should run for office more often.
(c) Christians are courted by savvy politicians.
(d) Everyone should be voting for Christian politicians.
9. What leader beheads John the Baptist?
(a) Julius Caesar.
(c) Pontius PIlate.
10. What does Yancey think of what the church brings?
(a) It is all good.
(b) It is all bad.
(c) Both light and darkness.
(d) He thinks the church should be destroyed.
11. What do the Pharisees think of Jesus?
(c) True leader.
(d) Deeply intellectual.
12. What does the Bible say about why Judas betrayed Jesus?
(a) He wanted money.
(b) Jealousy was in him.
(c) He wanted to be Jesus.
(d) Satan entered him.
13. What does Jesus do at the last supper that Yancey finds surprising?
(a) Washes his disciples' feet.
(b) Paints a picture of heaven.
(c) Sits with Mary.
(d) Gives a speech.
14. What is the Ascension?
(a) The long spiritual climb to perfection.
(b) Jesus returning to heaven in a mystical way.
(c) Virgin Mary comes down to earth and gets her son.
(d) The disciples are filled with the Holy Spirit.
15. Where is the opening quote of Chapter 8 from?
(a) Gospel of Matthew.
(b) Mission: Impossible.
(c) Peter's letter to the Epistles.
(d) The Merchant of Venice.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Yancey, how many times does the Qur'an apply the word "love" to God?
2. Why does Yancey like the concept of God's law?
3. Where does Jesus leave his teaching and life's journey?
4. What are Samaritians called?
5. Where does Jesus pray for hours before he is arrested?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)