|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who killed the kitten?
(a) Wild foxes.
(c) Pugs, the Boston Terrier.
2. Who were the first witnesses to the resurrection?
(a) The women who went to the tomb.
(b) John and Judas.
(c) Passing children.
(d) Apostle Paul.
3. What changes politically with the death of Jesus?
(a) Herod the Great is murdered.
(b) Jews begin to rule again in Palestine.
(c) The Roman Empire falls very quickly.
4. What does Mother Teresa try to provide for leprosy patients?
(a) A place where they feel wanted.
(b) An easy death.
(c) Separation from society.
(d) Drugs and x-rays.
5. Why has the name Judas died out?
(a) Reminds people of money lending.
(b) Too close to "Jesus."
(c) Sounds like a girl's name.
(d) He was a notorious traitor.
6. What are Samaritians called?
(c) Kind people.
7. What do Peter and Judas have in common?
(a) Related by blood, cousins.
(b) They had nothing in common.
(c) They were both very old.
(d) They both betrayed Jesus.
8. In Chapter 14, why does Yancey say he is a Christian?
(a) He's not sure.
(b) Born into it.
(c) Makes the most sense.
(d) Jesus and no good alternatives.
9. What did Jesus believe was the true power?
(b) God's thunderbolts.
(d) Holy Spirit.
10. Where was George Buttrick serving as chaplain?
(a) U.S. Army.
(c) Leper colony.
(d) White House.
11. Where does Shusaku Endo grow up?
12. What do modern Christians call the final week of Jesus?
(b) End Game.
(c) Holy Week.
(d) Walk to the cross.
13. What do the angels say to the disciples on the day of Ascension?
(a) "Hail, full of Grace, be at peace."
(b) "Why do you stand here looking into the sky?"
(c) "Fear not, the Lord is with you."
(d) "He is not here. He has risen."
14. What three things does Jesus ask his disciples to do in memory of him?
(a) Do no harm, do not sin, and do not lie.
(b) Pray, sing, write.
(c) Baptize, share last supper, wash feet.
(d) Read Bible, memorize verses, obey law.
15. What does Yancey criticize about the church in Chapter 8?
(a) Not enough pressure to give money.
(b) Too much emphasis on prayer.
(c) Church attracts only respectable types.
(d) Church is full of disreputable people.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Jesus feeds the crowd of 5000, what is his next miracle?
2. Did Jesus call himself a Messiah?
3. What did Martin Luther encourage his students to do?
4. What does "Deus Absconditus" mean?
5. What miracle makes it into all four gospels?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)