|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bombshell does Jesus drop during the last supper?
(a) Silence must be kept.
(b) He has run out of money.
(c) There is no God.
(d) That one of the disciples will betray him.
2. What does Yancey say about human preoccupation with the "end times"?
(a) Now is the only time the concept of end times has appeared.
(b) Jesus never promises an end time.
(c) The disciples were the last to think about the end times.
(d) Many ages and eras have believed the end was near.
3. What is missing from Thomas Jefferson's version of the New Testament?
4. What does Yancey think of what the church brings?
(a) Both light and darkness.
(b) It is all bad.
(c) He thinks the church should be destroyed.
(d) It is all good.
5. Why does Zacchaeus climb the tree?
(a) To drop things on people's heads.
(b) He is too short to see Jesus.
(c) To get away from Jesus and the crowd.
(d) Wants more attention for himself.
6. What changes politically with the death of Jesus?
(a) Herod the Great is murdered.
(b) The Roman Empire falls very quickly.
(d) Jews begin to rule again in Palestine.
7. Where does Jesus pray for hours before he is arrested?
(a) Upper Room.
(c) Garden of Gethsemane.
(d) Basement under the temple.
8. Who killed the kitten?
(b) Pugs, the Boston Terrier.
(c) Wild foxes.
9. Who were the first witnesses to the resurrection?
(a) John and Judas.
(b) Apostle Paul.
(c) Passing children.
(d) The women who went to the tomb.
10. What does Yancey believe about the gospel of Jesus?
(a) We need new teaching that supersedes Jesus.
(b) It was temporary and no longer has meaning.
(c) It is not a political platform.
(d) The Gospels are not written by Jesus.
11. How do traditional Jews say the name of God?
(a) They do not say it.
(b) God Almighty.
12. What is unusual about the disease of leprosy?
(a) A leper feels no physical pain.
(b) Lepers lose the ability to sing.
(c) Leprosy only occurs in hot climates.
(d) There is no cause.
13. What did Martin Luther encourage his students to do?
(a) Flee the hidden God and run to Christ.
(b) Become Buddhist and then convert back.
(c) Turn the page when they got stuck.
(d) Travel until they felt very lost.
14. What does the Bible say about why Judas betrayed Jesus?
(a) He wanted money.
(b) He wanted to be Jesus.
(c) Jealousy was in him.
(d) Satan entered him.
15. Who wrote the Japanese novel Silence?
(a) Andy Bain.
(b) John Banto.
(c) Shusako Endo.
(d) Phil Yancey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the feeling of the resurrection stories in the Bible?
2. What does Mother Teresa try to provide for leprosy patients?
3. What is the Ascension?
4. What three things does Jesus ask his disciples to do in memory of him?
5. What miracle is the last great "sign"?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)