|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bombshell does Jesus drop during the last supper?
(a) There is no God.
(b) That one of the disciples will betray him.
(c) He has run out of money.
(d) Silence must be kept.
2. What did the 1st century Zealots want to do?
(a) Ascend into heaven.
(b) Take over the religious life of the Jews.
(c) Fight the Romans.
(d) Leave and start a new country in Africa.
3. Who were the first witnesses to the resurrection?
(a) The women who went to the tomb.
(b) Passing children.
(c) Apostle Paul.
(d) John and Judas.
4. What is missing from Thomas Jefferson's version of the New Testament?
5. What does Jesus do at the last supper that Yancey finds surprising?
(a) Sits with Mary.
(b) Washes his disciples' feet.
(c) Gives a speech.
(d) Paints a picture of heaven.
6. In Jesus's, day what were the Jews looking for?
(a) Scientific knowledge.
(b) The end time and a Messiah to save them.
(c) Biblical narrative.
(d) Military might.
7. Where does Jesus pray for hours before he is arrested?
(a) Basement under the temple.
(b) Garden of Gethsemane.
(c) Upper Room.
8. What does Dr. Paul Brand specialize in?
(b) Mental illness.
(c) Stigma disorders.
9. Why does Zacchaeus climb the tree?
(a) Wants more attention for himself.
(b) To drop things on people's heads.
(c) To get away from Jesus and the crowd.
(d) He is too short to see Jesus.
10. What does Yancey's father die of?
11. How long is Jesus with the disciples between the Resurrection and Ascension?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 1 hour.
(c) Six weeks.
(d) Three days.
12. How is God's kingdom different than a human kingdom, according to Yancey in Chapter 13?
(a) We can't know the answer to that.
(b) It is bigger.
(c) It lives and grows on the inside of human beings.
(d) God is the king in his kingdom.
13. Why does Yancey like the concept of God's law?
(a) Love is too vague to live by.
(b) Law can be interpreted clearly.
(c) Law is solid ground.
(d) Under law, he knows where he ranks.
14. When Jesus departs, where does he leave the keys to the kingdom, according to Yancey?
(a) In our fumbling hands.
(b) He doesn't leave any keys.
(c) To his mother Mary.
(d) He gives it to Peter.
15. What does Jesus say when Pilate asks him if he is the King of the Jews?
(a) "My kingdom has come, prepare to be dismissed."
(b) "I am, so step aside and let me rule."
(c) "My kingdom is not of this world."
(d) "With God's help, I will be."
Short Answer Questions
1. What do modern Christians call the final week of Jesus?
2. Where was George Buttrick serving as chaplain?
3. What does Christos/Christ mean in Hebrew?
4. How does Jesus command Jairus's daughter to come back to life?
5. What does a Pharisee do according to Greg, in Chapter 8?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)