|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Yancey, how many times does the Qur'an apply the word "love" to God?
(a) Endless times.
2. What do modern Christians call the final week of Jesus?
(a) End Game.
(b) Holy Week.
(c) Walk to the cross.
3. What did the 1st century Zealots want to do?
(a) Take over the religious life of the Jews.
(b) Ascend into heaven.
(c) Leave and start a new country in Africa.
(d) Fight the Romans.
4. What is the name of Yancey's kitten that died?
5. Where does Jesus pray for hours before he is arrested?
(a) Garden of Gethsemane.
(c) Upper Room.
(d) Basement under the temple.
6. What word is on the grandmother's tombstone under the live oak tree?
7. What is Zacchaeus's profession?
(c) Tax collector.
8. Who were the first witnesses to the resurrection?
(a) John and Judas.
(b) Passing children.
(c) Apostle Paul.
(d) The women who went to the tomb.
9. What do Peter and Judas have in common?
(a) Related by blood, cousins.
(b) They both betrayed Jesus.
(c) They were both very old.
(d) They had nothing in common.
10. What does Jesus ask of God in his final prayers?
(a) Kill Pontius Pilate so I won't be hurt.
(b) Take this cup from me.
(c) Give me the power to vanquish Herod.
(d) Lift me immediately to heaven.
11. How many times does the word "kingdom" appear in the gospel of Matthew?
12. What do the angels say to the disciples on the day of Ascension?
(a) "He is not here. He has risen."
(b) "Hail, full of Grace, be at peace."
(c) "Why do you stand here looking into the sky?"
(d) "Fear not, the Lord is with you."
13. What does Yancey say the epicenter of the disciples belief is?
(a) Jesus's teaching.
(b) Miracles of healing.
(d) Jesus's birth.
14. Where does Shusaku Endo grow up?
15. How does Jesus command Jairus's daughter to come back to life?
(a) "My child, get up!"
(b) "She is only asleep."
(c) "Satan, get behind thee."
(d) "Rise, and be well!"
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yancey's father die of?
2. Who wrote Mere Christianity?
3. Where is the opening quote of Chapter 8 from?
4. In Jesus's, day what were the Jews looking for?
5. What does Yancey say about human preoccupation with the "end times"?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)