|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Satan ask Jesus to turn a stone into?
(d) Loaf of bread.
2. According to Yancey, why are older black people happier than older white people?
(a) Black people tend to believe in heaven.
(b) Whites take less care of their elders.
(c) Blacks are healthier.
(d) White people worry more.
3. According to Yancey, what kind of man was Tolstoy?
(a) A deeply unhappy man.
(b) The best father ever.
(c) A great friend, husband, and sweetheart to all.
(d) Simply a bundle of joy and hope.
4. Where does Jesus spend his first years?
(b) Far East.
5. Who writes So Long, Sweet Jesus?
(a) H. G. Wells.
(b) Billy Graham.
(c) Richard Nixon.
(d) Bill Milliken.
6. What does Francois Mauriac strive to be?
7. Why does Yancey believe that Jews stopped following Jesus?
(a) Jesus was too radical and not well liked.
(b) The Jews found a different man to be the Messiah.
(c) Jesus was not the Messiah the Jews were expecting.
(d) The Jews were persecuted for following Jesus.
8. How many people are killed in the earthquake of 31 B.C. in Palestine?
(b) 2 million.
9. When are the Gospels written?
(a) We have no idea.
(b) Jesus wrote them during his lifetime.
(c) After the death of Jesus.
(d) Before Jesus was born.
10. Who writes In His Steps?
(a) John Mantle.
(b) Jack Robins.
(c) Phil Yancey.
(d) Charles Sheldon.
11. How many times does Jesus say to forgive a brother?
(a) 1000 times and more.
(b) 2 times.
(c) 77 times.
12. Who is the treasurer for Jesus's disciples?
13. What does the name Jesus mean?
(a) He shall save.
(b) God Almighty.
(c) Drawn from water.
(d) He who sees all.
14. What is the name of the former mouth piece of the Community Party?
(a) Brothers and Sisters Unite.
(b) Russia Today.
(d) Red Forever.
15. What brings Jesus to life for Yancey in Chapter 5?
(b) Lifeless flannel board scenes.
(c) Long sermons.
(d) Theological treatises.
Short Answer Questions
1. What television figure does Yancy compare his early understanding of Jesus to?
2. What are the Zealots like?
3. What typifies the Sadducees?
4. How does a commentary Yancey mentions translate "Blessed are the poor in spirit"?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 4, what does Yancey say the Gospels assert that Jesus is?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)