|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the treasurer for Jesus's disciples?
2. What does Yancey object to in modern Christmas cards?
(a) Waste of paper.
(c) Too many words.
3. Where does Virginia Stem Owens teach?
(a) Texas A & M.
(b) Vermont State Teacher's College.
(c) Little Rock College.
(d) Chicago University.
4. How many times does Jesus cry in front of his disciples?
5. Who marries the granddaughter of Augustus Caesar?
(a) Pontius Pilate.
(b) Caesar Julius.
(c) Herod the Great.
(d) Herod Antipas.
6. In Chapter 6, what does Yancey admit to being?
7. How does the Lakota tribe refer to Jesus?
(a) Lamb of God.
(b) Son of Almighty.
(c) Peace Giver.
(d) Buffalo calf of God.
8. What is the Golden Rule?
(a) Do to others as you would have them do to you.
(b) Gold is not worth its weight.
(c) Get all you can when you can.
(d) Give to the poor more than to the rich.
9. What does Jesus refuse to do with Satan?
(a) Use his power.
(b) Destroy him.
(c) Play by his rules.
(d) Listen to him.
10. What does Yancey want to answer with this book, according to Chapter 1?
(a) Who was Jesus?
(b) Why was there a Jesus?
(c) What would Jesus do?
(d) What is the point of life?
11. What are Owens's student's reaction to the Sermon on the Mount?
(a) It changed their lives for the better.
(b) Humorous and silly.
(c) Profound and humbling.
(d) They find it offensive and absurd.
12. Who are the 'Jesus freaks' referred to in Chapter 1?
(a) Mentally ill patients.
(b) Unkempt, disheveled radicals.
(c) Middle class white collar workers.
(d) Roman Catholic nuns.
13. What does Yancey think the church has turned Jesus into, according to Chapter 1?
(a) Money-making idol.
(b) Raging Lion of Judah.
(c) Boring and predictable person.
(d) Larger than life figure.
14. Who writes In His Steps?
(a) Jack Robins.
(b) Phil Yancey.
(c) Charles Sheldon.
(d) John Mantle.
15. How old was Tolstoy when he wrote Resurrection?
Short Answer Questions
1. When are the Dead Sea Scrolls discovered in Qumram?
2. What does the Gospel of Mark say about why Jesus chose the Twelve?
3. What does the author M. Scott Peck try to bring about?
4. What language does Jesus speak on a daily basis?
5. What is the image Yancey first has of Jesus?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)