|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what is the one word Yancey chooses to describe Jesus best?
(a) Jewish Messiah.
(b) Mystery man.
(c) Man of God.
2. According to Yancey, why are older black people happier than older white people?
(a) Blacks are healthier.
(b) Whites take less care of their elders.
(c) White people worry more.
(d) Black people tend to believe in heaven.
3. What is the physical appearance of Jesus?
(a) Black skin, black hair and eyes.
(b) Tall and handsome, blond and blue eyed.
(c) We don't know.
(d) Asian features, very short and stout.
4. What is the movie that Yancey saw in 1971 that portrayed a very different kind of Jesus?
(a) The Gospel According to St. Matthew.
(b) Jesus of Montreal.
(c) The Passion of the Christ.
(d) What a Wonderful life.
5. What does communism consider religion to be?
(a) "The answer to all problems."
(b) "The opiate of the people."
(c) "Leftist propaganda."
(d) "State sponsored behavior control."
6. When does Yancey first get acquainted with Jesus?
(a) Theological Seminary.
(c) Army chapel services.
(d) Sunday school.
7. How many emendations do the Pharisees add to the law?
8. How many times is the Augustus Caesar mentioned in the Bible?
(a) One time.
(b) Thousand times.
(c) Ten times.
(d) Fifty times.
9. What typifies the Sadducees?
(a) Large gregarious families with many parties and celebrations.
(b) Physically active, liked games and sports.
(c) Sad and lonely people.
(d) Collaborated with Greeks and Romans.
10. According to Yancey, what kind of man was Tolstoy?
(a) The best father ever.
(b) A great friend, husband, and sweetheart to all.
(c) Simply a bundle of joy and hope.
(d) A deeply unhappy man.
11. According to Yancy in Chapter 5, why do people like being where Jesus is?
(a) They don't; people shunned Jesus.
(b) Jesus healed people.
(c) Jesus challenged people to think differently.
(d) Where Jesus is, there is joy.
12. What is the outcome of a betrothed woman committing adultery in Jesus's day?
(a) Death by stoning.
(b) It was not a problem.
(c) Sent to Egypt.
(d) No communion for a month.
13. Where is the Sermon on the Mount in the Bible?
(a) Revelations 31.
(b) Matthew 5-7.
(d) John 1.
14. When is the document by Publius Lentulus forged?
15. Who writes For the Time Being?
(a) W. H. Auden.
(b) Apostle Paul.
(c) Mariamne Herod.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Yancey, what is the primary emotion in most religions when one approaches God?
2. Where does Yancey teach his film class on Jesus?
3. How many ordinary activities do the Pharisees outlaw on the Sabbath?
4. What type of Messiah is Jesus?
5. What is the name of the former mouth piece of the Community Party?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)