|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the name Jesus mean?
(a) Drawn from water.
(b) He shall save.
(c) God Almighty.
(d) He who sees all.
2. What does Walter Wink say about Jesus in Chapter 1?
(a) Jesus was not human and therefore not accessible.
(b) If Jesus had never lived, we would not have been able to invent him.
(c) There was no Jesus, we simply threw together a story.
(d) Jesus was never interested in writing anything down, but we are.
3. Where does Yancey teach the Beatitudes?
(a) Class at LaSalle Street Church in Chicago.
(b) His son's preschool.
(c) Radio 101.
(d) Harvard University.
4. Who is the treasurer for Jesus's disciples?
5. Why does H. G. Wells say Jesus is important?
(a) His Jewish background is unique.
(b) Caused a turning point in history.
(c) Jesus is the son of God.
(d) What Jesus left continues to grow.
6. What does the word "gospel" mean?
(a) Good News.
(b) Good Riddance.
(c) God's spell.
(d) Book of rules.
7. What does Francois Mauriac strive to be?
8. How many times does Jesus say to forgive a brother?
(a) 1000 times and more.
(c) 77 times.
(d) 2 times.
9. Who writes So Long, Sweet Jesus?
(a) Richard Nixon.
(b) Billy Graham.
(c) H. G. Wells.
(d) Bill Milliken.
10. What does Yancey do for snowbound weeks in Colorado?
(a) Loses his faith.
(b) Read the Bible.
(c) Almost dies.
(d) Pray for help.
11. Where did Henry Nouwen begin to work at the height of his writing career?
(a) Harvard University.
(b) Eastern College.
12. Who directs Jesus of Nazareth?
13. When is the document by Publius Lentulus forged?
14. How does a commentary Yancey mentions translate "Blessed are the poor in spirit"?
(a) Blessed are the spiritless.
(b) Blessed are the desperate.
(c) The poor have less spirit.
(d) Blessings come from poverty.
15. Who writes the play "The Man Born to be King?"
(a) George MacDonald.
(c) Thomas Merton.
(d) Dorothy Sayers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yancey want to answer with this book, according to Chapter 1?
2. Where is Laszlo Tokes from?
3. Who writes In His Steps?
4. How many times does Jesus cry in front of his disciples?
5. Where does Yancey teach his film class on Jesus?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)