|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who writes In His Steps?
(a) Jack Robins.
(b) John Mantle.
(c) Phil Yancey.
(d) Charles Sheldon.
2. Who are the 'Jesus freaks' referred to in Chapter 1?
(a) Unkempt, disheveled radicals.
(b) Middle class white collar workers.
(c) Roman Catholic nuns.
(d) Mentally ill patients.
3. Who is the treasurer for Jesus's disciples?
4. What does Yancey say a major problem is in looking at the historical Jesus?
(a) Flash forward analysis.
(b) Lack of language knowledge.
(c) No historical understanding.
(d) Political agendas.
5. How many emendations do the Pharisees add to the law?
6. What are the Zealots like?
(a) Politically conservative, preferred agrarian lifestyle.
(b) Interested in drama, opera, and art.
(c) Rich, generous, and very sociable.
(d) Morals police, revolt against impure foreigners.
7. How does Yancey describe Jesus in Chapter 3?
(a) A tall blonde man with blue eyes.
(b) First century Jew with a phylactery on his wrist.
(c) Almost modern and American in appearance.
(d) Perfect image of a Christian man.
8. How does the Lakota tribe refer to Jesus?
(a) Peace Giver.
(b) Lamb of God.
(c) Buffalo calf of God.
(d) Son of Almighty.
9. How many times is the Augustus Caesar mentioned in the Bible?
(a) Fifty times.
(b) Ten times.
(c) Thousand times.
(d) One time.
10. Where does Jesus spend his first years?
(b) Far East.
11. Who invited Yancey to the White House?
(a) Billy Graham.
(b) Ronald Reagan.
(c) George Bush.
(d) President Clinton.
12. In the middle ages, what do many Christians believe Jesus suffered from?
(a) Mental Illness.
13. According to Yancey, what is the primary emotion in most religions when one approaches God?
14. What is General Schwarzkopf's message in Chapter 6?
(a) Blessed are the violent.
(b) Blessed is the military.
(c) Blessed are the weak.
(d) Blessed are the strong.
15. Who does the German Christian Church admire in 1933?
(a) David Koresh.
(b) Jim Jones.
(c) Helmut Thielicke.
(d) Adolf Hitler.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yancey find remarkable about Mary?
2. What does Walter Wink say about Jesus in Chapter 1?
3. Where is the Sermon on the Mount in the Bible?
4. What does Francois Mauriac strive to be?
5. What does communism consider religion to be?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)