|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is in power in Palestine when Jesus is born?
(a) The council of Hosea.
(b) Herod the Great.
(d) Galilee the Wise.
2. Who does the German Christian Church admire in 1933?
(a) Helmut Thielicke.
(b) Adolf Hitler.
(c) David Koresh.
(d) Jim Jones.
3. When does Yancey first get acquainted with Jesus?
(a) Army chapel services.
(c) Sunday school.
(d) Theological Seminary.
4. Who writes In His Steps?
(a) Jack Robins.
(b) John Mantle.
(c) Charles Sheldon.
(d) Phil Yancey.
5. Who invited Yancey to the White House?
(a) President Clinton.
(b) George Bush.
(c) Billy Graham.
(d) Ronald Reagan.
6. Who writes So Long, Sweet Jesus?
(a) H. G. Wells.
(b) Richard Nixon.
(c) Bill Milliken.
(d) Billy Graham.
7. Who writes the play "The Man Born to be King?"
(a) George MacDonald.
(b) Thomas Merton.
(d) Dorothy Sayers.
8. How does Yancey describe Jesus in Chapter 3?
(a) A tall blonde man with blue eyes.
(b) Almost modern and American in appearance.
(c) Perfect image of a Christian man.
(d) First century Jew with a phylactery on his wrist.
9. How many times does Jesus cry in front of his disciples?
10. According to Yancy in Chapter 5, why do people like being where Jesus is?
(a) Where Jesus is, there is joy.
(b) They don't; people shunned Jesus.
(c) Jesus healed people.
(d) Jesus challenged people to think differently.
11. What is the physical appearance of Jesus?
(a) Tall and handsome, blond and blue eyed.
(b) We don't know.
(c) Asian features, very short and stout.
(d) Black skin, black hair and eyes.
12. Who directs Jesus of Nazareth?
13. What does the author M. Scott Peck try to bring about?
(a) A new translation of the Bible.
(b) Conversion of Islam and Buddhism to Christianity.
(c) Interfaith understanding and tolerance.
(d) Theological dogmatic purity.
14. What does Wim Wender makes films about?
(a) Islamic Rituals.
(c) Nazi history.
15. Where did Yancey grow up?
(a) London, England.
(b) Jerusalem, Israel.
(c) Kansas City, Kansas.
(d) Atlanta, Georgia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the word "gospel" mean?
2. What are Owens's student's reaction to the Sermon on the Mount?
3. When are the Dead Sea Scrolls discovered in Qumram?
4. How does a commentary Yancey mentions translate "Blessed are the poor in spirit"?
5. How old is Jesus when he dies?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)