|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Owens's student's reaction to the Sermon on the Mount?
(a) It changed their lives for the better.
(b) They find it offensive and absurd.
(c) Humorous and silly.
(d) Profound and humbling.
2. Where is Laszlo Tokes from?
3. What does the author M. Scott Peck try to bring about?
(a) Conversion of Islam and Buddhism to Christianity.
(b) Theological dogmatic purity.
(c) A new translation of the Bible.
(d) Interfaith understanding and tolerance.
4. What does Wim Wender makes films about?
(a) Nazi history.
(b) Islamic Rituals.
5. In Chapter 5, what is the one word Yancey chooses to describe Jesus best?
(a) Jewish Messiah.
(b) Man of God.
(d) Mystery man.
6. What television figure does Yancy compare his early understanding of Jesus to?
(a) Captain Kangaroo.
(b) James Bond.
(c) Mr. Rogers.
(d) Dr. Who.
7. What is General Schwarzkopf's message in Chapter 6?
(a) Blessed are the weak.
(b) Blessed are the strong.
(c) Blessed is the military.
(d) Blessed are the violent.
8. According to Yancey, what is the primary emotion in most religions when one approaches God?
9. What do the Essenes believe in?
(a) Dionysian festivals of drunken merrymaking.
(b) Essence of spirit came from drinking no water.
(c) Poetry, painting, and basket weaving.
(d) Pacificism, purity, and seperatation from society.
10. What are the Zealots like?
(a) Interested in drama, opera, and art.
(b) Morals police, revolt against impure foreigners.
(c) Rich, generous, and very sociable.
(d) Politically conservative, preferred agrarian lifestyle.
11. What does communism consider religion to be?
(a) "The answer to all problems."
(b) "The opiate of the people."
(c) "State sponsored behavior control."
(d) "Leftist propaganda."
12. Who are the 'Jesus freaks' referred to in Chapter 1?
(a) Unkempt, disheveled radicals.
(b) Middle class white collar workers.
(c) Mentally ill patients.
(d) Roman Catholic nuns.
13. Who is in power in Palestine when Jesus is born?
(a) Galilee the Wise.
(b) Herod the Great.
(c) The council of Hosea.
14. What is the Golden Rule?
(a) Do to others as you would have them do to you.
(b) Gold is not worth its weight.
(c) Get all you can when you can.
(d) Give to the poor more than to the rich.
15. In the middle ages, what do many Christians believe Jesus suffered from?
(a) Mental Illness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the image Yancey first has of Jesus?
2. What is the movie that Yancey saw in 1971 that portrayed a very different kind of Jesus?
3. What typifies the Sadducees?
4. Where does Yancey teach the Beatitudes?
5. How many laws do the Pharisees discover?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)