|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the word "gospel" mean?
(a) Book of rules.
(b) God's spell.
(c) Good News.
(d) Good Riddance.
2. What does the Gospel of Mark say about why Jesus chose the Twelve?
(a) "That they might write down what he says."
(b) "That the end might be the beginning."
(c) "That night and day might be full of hope."
(d) "That they might be with him."
3. What is the name of the former mouth piece of the Community Party?
(a) Brothers and Sisters Unite.
(c) Red Forever.
(d) Russia Today.
4. What does Jesus refuse to do with Satan?
(a) Destroy him.
(b) Use his power.
(c) Play by his rules.
(d) Listen to him.
5. Who is the treasurer for Jesus's disciples?
6. How many emendations do the Pharisees add to the law?
7. Why is Yancey drawn to Jesus, according to Chapter 1?
(a) Jesus is the dividing point of Yancey's life.
(b) Yancey can't say why.
(c) Jesus's teaching is so complicated.
(d) It is God's will.
8. How does a commentary Yancey mentions translate "Blessed are the poor in spirit"?
(a) The poor have less spirit.
(b) Blessings come from poverty.
(c) Blessed are the desperate.
(d) Blessed are the spiritless.
9. How many Jews live in the Roman Empire in the first century?
(c) 500 million.
(d) 8 million.
10. What does communism consider religion to be?
(a) "The answer to all problems."
(b) "The opiate of the people."
(c) "Leftist propaganda."
(d) "State sponsored behavior control."
11. What is the movie that Yancey saw in 1971 that portrayed a very different kind of Jesus?
(a) Jesus of Montreal.
(b) The Gospel According to St. Matthew.
(c) What a Wonderful life.
(d) The Passion of the Christ.
12. Who directs the silent classic from 1927 "King of Kings"?
(a) Monty Baraza.
(b) Cecil B. DeMille.
(c) George Barker.
(d) George Lucas.
13. When is the document by Publius Lentulus forged?
14. At the beginning of Chapter 4, what does Yancey say the Gospels assert that Jesus is?
(a) Nice Guy.
(b) Good friend.
(c) God's own son.
(d) Good teacher.
15. What does Francois Mauriac strive to be?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Essenes believe in?
2. Where did Henry Nouwen begin to work at the height of his writing career?
3. Who is in power in Palestine when Jesus is born?
4. What does Satan get from the Temptation episode?
5. What is the outcome of a betrothed woman committing adultery in Jesus's day?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)