|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who directs Jesus of Nazareth?
2. Who is in power in Palestine when Jesus is born?
(a) Galilee the Wise.
(b) The council of Hosea.
(c) Herod the Great.
3. How do teachers live in Jesus'sday?
(a) Off the gifts of appreciative listeners.
(b) By charging tuition for their classes.
(c) The state of Israel supports them.
(d) By publishing books.
4. How does a commentary Yancey mentions translate "Blessed are the poor in spirit"?
(a) Blessed are the spiritless.
(b) The poor have less spirit.
(c) Blessings come from poverty.
(d) Blessed are the desperate.
5. Why does Yancey believe that Jews stopped following Jesus?
(a) Jesus was too radical and not well liked.
(b) The Jews were persecuted for following Jesus.
(c) The Jews found a different man to be the Messiah.
(d) Jesus was not the Messiah the Jews were expecting.
6. How many times does Jesus cry in front of his disciples?
7. What is the Golden Rule?
(a) Get all you can when you can.
(b) Gold is not worth its weight.
(c) Give to the poor more than to the rich.
(d) Do to others as you would have them do to you.
8. Who writes In His Steps?
(a) Jack Robins.
(b) Phil Yancey.
(c) John Mantle.
(d) Charles Sheldon.
9. Who writes So Long, Sweet Jesus?
(a) H. G. Wells.
(b) Billy Graham.
(c) Richard Nixon.
(d) Bill Milliken.
10. Who writes For the Time Being?
(b) Mariamne Herod.
(c) Apostle Paul.
(d) W. H. Auden.
11. What does communism consider religion to be?
(a) "Leftist propaganda."
(b) "The opiate of the people."
(c) "The answer to all problems."
(d) "State sponsored behavior control."
12. What is the physical appearance of Jesus?
(a) Tall and handsome, blond and blue eyed.
(b) We don't know.
(c) Black skin, black hair and eyes.
(d) Asian features, very short and stout.
13. Where did Henry Nouwen begin to work at the height of his writing career?
(c) Eastern College.
(d) Harvard University.
14. Who writes the play "The Man Born to be King?"
(a) Thomas Merton.
(b) Dorothy Sayers.
(d) George MacDonald.
15. How old was Tolstoy when he wrote Resurrection?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jesus spend his first years?
2. What is Jesus' s first official act as an adult?
3. What does supersessionism mean?
4. Where are the headquarters of the Wycliffe Bible translators?
5. How many people are killed in the earthquake of 31 B.C. in Palestine?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)