|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Yancy in Chapter 5, why do people like being where Jesus is?
(a) They don't; people shunned Jesus.
(b) Where Jesus is, there is joy.
(c) Jesus challenged people to think differently.
(d) Jesus healed people.
2. Why does H. G. Wells say Jesus is important?
(a) His Jewish background is unique.
(b) What Jesus left continues to grow.
(c) Caused a turning point in history.
(d) Jesus is the son of God.
3. Where does Yancey teach his film class on Jesus?
(a) Harvard University.
(b) South Bend Indiana Presbyterian College.
(c) LaSalle Street Church.
(d) 82nd Street YMCA in New York City.
4. What is the movie that Yancey saw in 1971 that portrayed a very different kind of Jesus?
(a) The Gospel According to St. Matthew.
(b) The Passion of the Christ.
(c) Jesus of Montreal.
(d) What a Wonderful life.
5. What does Yancey object to in modern Christmas cards?
(b) Too many words.
(d) Waste of paper.
6. Who is the treasurer for Jesus's disciples?
7. In Chapter 5, what is the one word Yancey chooses to describe Jesus best?
(a) Mystery man.
(c) Jewish Messiah.
(d) Man of God.
8. In the middle ages, what do many Christians believe Jesus suffered from?
(b) Mental Illness.
9. When does Yancey first get acquainted with Jesus?
(a) Army chapel services.
(b) Sunday school.
(c) Theological Seminary.
10. How do teachers live in Jesus'sday?
(a) By publishing books.
(b) Off the gifts of appreciative listeners.
(c) By charging tuition for their classes.
(d) The state of Israel supports them.
11. How many times does Jesus cry in front of his disciples?
12. What does Yancey do for snowbound weeks in Colorado?
(a) Read the Bible.
(b) Pray for help.
(c) Loses his faith.
(d) Almost dies.
13. How many books does Jacob Neusner write?
14. Where does Yancey teach the Beatitudes?
(a) Harvard University.
(b) His son's preschool.
(c) Radio 101.
(d) Class at LaSalle Street Church in Chicago.
15. At the beginning of Chapter 4, what does Yancey say the Gospels assert that Jesus is?
(a) God's own son.
(b) Good teacher.
(c) Good friend.
(d) Nice Guy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jesus spend his first years?
2. What does Satan ask Jesus to turn a stone into?
3. Who writes So Long, Sweet Jesus?
4. What does Yancey want to answer with this book, according to Chapter 1?
5. Who does the German Christian Church admire in 1933?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)