|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many women are mentioned in the genealogy of Jesus in Matthew?
2. What language does Jesus speak on a daily basis?
3. Why does Yancey believe that Jews stopped following Jesus?
(a) Jesus was too radical and not well liked.
(b) Jesus was not the Messiah the Jews were expecting.
(c) The Jews were persecuted for following Jesus.
(d) The Jews found a different man to be the Messiah.
4. What does Ivan Karamazov write?
(a) Fifth symphony in Bflat.
(b) The Brothers Karamozov.
(c) "The Grand Inquisitor" poem.
(d) Jesus, Son of God.
5. How does a commentary Yancey mentions translate "Blessed are the poor in spirit"?
(a) The poor have less spirit.
(b) Blessed are the desperate.
(c) Blessed are the spiritless.
(d) Blessings come from poverty.
6. What does the Gospel of Mark say about why Jesus chose the Twelve?
(a) "That they might write down what he says."
(b) "That the end might be the beginning."
(c) "That night and day might be full of hope."
(d) "That they might be with him."
7. Who marries the granddaughter of Augustus Caesar?
(a) Herod Antipas.
(b) Caesar Julius.
(c) Herod the Great.
(d) Pontius Pilate.
8. What is the Golden Rule?
(a) Gold is not worth its weight.
(b) Do to others as you would have them do to you.
(c) Give to the poor more than to the rich.
(d) Get all you can when you can.
9. How many Jews live in the Roman Empire in the first century?
(a) 500 million.
(d) 8 million.
10. When are the Gospels written?
(a) Before Jesus was born.
(b) Jesus wrote them during his lifetime.
(c) We have no idea.
(d) After the death of Jesus.
11. How many ordinary activities do the Pharisees outlaw on the Sabbath?
12. How many times does Jesus cry in front of his disciples?
13. What does Yancey give up as a result of the Sermon on the Mount?
(a) Going to church.
(b) All his money.
(c) 1947 Jackie Robinson baseball card.
(d) Eating chocolate.
14. What does Jesus propose for those who look at a woman lustfully?
(a) Self-denial of all pleasure whatsoever.
(b) Removal of the offending eye.
(c) Become monks.
(d) Marry immediately and re-channel the lust.
15. Where does Virginia Stem Owens teach?
(a) Texas A & M.
(b) Chicago University.
(c) Vermont State Teacher's College.
(d) Little Rock College.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who writes For the Time Being?
2. What magazine is Jimmy Carter famously interviewed about lust in?
3. In the movie La Dolce Vita, what is the helicopter ferrying?
4. How many times does Jesus say to forgive a brother?
5. What does Satan ask Jesus to turn a stone into?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)