|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 6, what does Yancey admit to being?
2. Who writes For the Time Being?
(a) Apostle Paul.
(b) Mariamne Herod.
(c) W. H. Auden.
3. How many Jews live in the Roman Empire in the first century?
(a) 8 million.
(b) 500 million.
4. How many ordinary activities do the Pharisees outlaw on the Sabbath?
5. Where does Jesus spend his first years?
(b) Far East.
6. How many laws do the Pharisees discover?
7. What are the Zealots like?
(a) Interested in drama, opera, and art.
(b) Politically conservative, preferred agrarian lifestyle.
(c) Rich, generous, and very sociable.
(d) Morals police, revolt against impure foreigners.
8. What does the name Jesus mean?
(a) God Almighty.
(b) He who sees all.
(c) He shall save.
(d) Drawn from water.
9. What television figure does Yancy compare his early understanding of Jesus to?
(a) Dr. Who.
(b) Mr. Rogers.
(c) Captain Kangaroo.
(d) James Bond.
10. What does Jesus refuse to do with Satan?
(a) Use his power.
(b) Destroy him.
(c) Listen to him.
(d) Play by his rules.
11. Who are the 'Jesus freaks' referred to in Chapter 1?
(a) Mentally ill patients.
(b) Middle class white collar workers.
(c) Roman Catholic nuns.
(d) Unkempt, disheveled radicals.
12. According to Yancey, why are older black people happier than older white people?
(a) Whites take less care of their elders.
(b) Black people tend to believe in heaven.
(c) White people worry more.
(d) Blacks are healthier.
13. When are the Dead Sea Scrolls discovered in Qumram?
14. What is the ethnic background of Jesus?
15. According to Yancey, what is the primary emotion in most religions when one approaches God?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yancey say a major problem is in looking at the historical Jesus?
2. What brings Jesus to life for Yancey in Chapter 5?
3. How do teachers live in Jesus'sday?
4. What does Wim Wender makes films about?
5. What is the physical appearance of Jesus?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)