|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Owens's student's reaction to the Sermon on the Mount?
(a) They find it offensive and absurd.
(b) Profound and humbling.
(c) Humorous and silly.
(d) It changed their lives for the better.
2. What does Ivan Karamazov write?
(a) "The Grand Inquisitor" poem.
(b) The Brothers Karamozov.
(c) Jesus, Son of God.
(d) Fifth symphony in Bflat.
3. What is Jesus' s first official act as an adult?
(a) Writing the book of John.
(b) Meeting Satan in the wilderness.
(c) Becoming an official rabbi.
(d) Raising Lazarus from the dead.
4. What is the image Yancey first has of Jesus?
(a) Angry radical political leader.
(b) Sweet Victorian nanny holding lambs and smiling.
(c) Intense philosophical giant.
(d) Ethereal being of light.
5. How many women are mentioned in the genealogy of Jesus in Matthew?
6. How many times is the Augustus Caesar mentioned in the Bible?
(a) Ten times.
(b) Thousand times.
(c) Fifty times.
(d) One time.
7. What is the movie that Yancey saw in 1971 that portrayed a very different kind of Jesus?
(a) The Gospel According to St. Matthew.
(b) The Passion of the Christ.
(c) Jesus of Montreal.
(d) What a Wonderful life.
8. How old was Tolstoy when he wrote Resurrection?
9. Why does Yancey believe that Jews stopped following Jesus?
(a) The Jews found a different man to be the Messiah.
(b) Jesus was not the Messiah the Jews were expecting.
(c) Jesus was too radical and not well liked.
(d) The Jews were persecuted for following Jesus.
10. How many emendations do the Pharisees add to the law?
11. How do teachers live in Jesus'sday?
(a) By charging tuition for their classes.
(b) The state of Israel supports them.
(c) Off the gifts of appreciative listeners.
(d) By publishing books.
12. How does Yancey describe Jesus in Chapter 3?
(a) Perfect image of a Christian man.
(b) First century Jew with a phylactery on his wrist.
(c) Almost modern and American in appearance.
(d) A tall blonde man with blue eyes.
13. What does Yancey want to answer with this book, according to Chapter 1?
(a) What would Jesus do?
(b) Why was there a Jesus?
(c) Who was Jesus?
(d) What is the point of life?
14. When are the Gospels written?
(a) After the death of Jesus.
(b) Before Jesus was born.
(c) We have no idea.
(d) Jesus wrote them during his lifetime.
15. Who is in power in Palestine when Jesus is born?
(a) Galilee the Wise.
(b) Herod the Great.
(c) The council of Hosea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the 'Jesus freaks' referred to in Chapter 1?
2. In Chapter 5, what is the one word Yancey chooses to describe Jesus best?
3. What is General Schwarzkopf's message in Chapter 6?
4. What magazine is Jimmy Carter famously interviewed about lust in?
5. Who writes the play "The Man Born to be King?"
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)