|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What television figure does Yancy compare his early understanding of Jesus to?
(a) Captain Kangaroo.
(b) Mr. Rogers.
(c) James Bond.
(d) Dr. Who.
2. Who directs the silent classic from 1927 "King of Kings"?
(a) Cecil B. DeMille.
(b) Monty Baraza.
(c) George Barker.
(d) George Lucas.
3. What does Satan ask Jesus to turn a stone into?
(c) Loaf of bread.
4. How many times does Jesus say to forgive a brother?
(b) 1000 times and more.
(c) 2 times.
(d) 77 times.
5. How old was Tolstoy when he wrote Resurrection?
6. When does Joseph bring his family to Israel?
(a) They never came back.
(b) After the Red Sea is parted.
(c) When Jesus is 21.
(d) After Herod the Great dies.
7. Where does Virginia Stem Owens teach?
(a) Chicago University.
(b) Vermont State Teacher's College.
(c) Little Rock College.
(d) Texas A & M.
8. What does Satan get from the Temptation episode?
(a) A partner in crime.
(b) Power over Jesus.
(c) Free reign to keep doing what he wants.
(d) Victory over God's will.
9. How many emendations do the Pharisees add to the law?
10. What does supersessionism mean?
(a) Some religions grow out of and supersede others.
(b) Suppression of religion is good.
(c) Super religion suppresses other lesser religion.
(d) There is no way to suppress Christianity.
11. Where is the Sermon on the Mount in the Bible?
(a) John 1.
(b) Revelations 31.
(d) Matthew 5-7.
12. Who writes the play "The Man Born to be King?"
(a) Thomas Merton.
(b) Dorothy Sayers.
(d) George MacDonald.
13. Who is the treasurer for Jesus's disciples?
14. How many ordinary activities do the Pharisees outlaw on the Sabbath?
15. Who writes So Long, Sweet Jesus?
(a) Bill Milliken.
(b) Richard Nixon.
(c) Billy Graham.
(d) H. G. Wells.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the Zealots like?
2. What does Wim Wender makes films about?
3. What is the Golden Rule?
4. What does Yancey find remarkable about Mary?
5. How many laws do the Pharisees discover?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)