|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who marries the granddaughter of Augustus Caesar?
(a) Caesar Julius.
(b) Herod Antipas.
(c) Pontius Pilate.
(d) Herod the Great.
2. How many women are mentioned in the genealogy of Jesus in Matthew?
3. When are the Gospels written?
(a) Jesus wrote them during his lifetime.
(b) We have no idea.
(c) Before Jesus was born.
(d) After the death of Jesus.
4. What does the author M. Scott Peck try to bring about?
(a) A new translation of the Bible.
(b) Interfaith understanding and tolerance.
(c) Theological dogmatic purity.
(d) Conversion of Islam and Buddhism to Christianity.
5. Who directs Jesus of Nazareth?
6. Who invited Yancey to the White House?
(a) George Bush.
(b) Billy Graham.
(c) President Clinton.
(d) Ronald Reagan.
7. What does Yancey think the church has turned Jesus into, according to Chapter 1?
(a) Boring and predictable person.
(b) Larger than life figure.
(c) Money-making idol.
(d) Raging Lion of Judah.
8. Where are the headquarters of the Wycliffe Bible translators?
(a) Little Rock, Arkansas.
(b) New York City.
9. What do the Essenes believe in?
(a) Essence of spirit came from drinking no water.
(b) Dionysian festivals of drunken merrymaking.
(c) Pacificism, purity, and seperatation from society.
(d) Poetry, painting, and basket weaving.
10. What does Yancey do for snowbound weeks in Colorado?
(a) Almost dies.
(b) Pray for help.
(c) Read the Bible.
(d) Loses his faith.
11. When is the document by Publius Lentulus forged?
12. What does Ivan Karamazov write?
(a) Fifth symphony in Bflat.
(b) Jesus, Son of God.
(c) The Brothers Karamozov.
(d) "The Grand Inquisitor" poem.
13. What is the physical appearance of Jesus?
(a) We don't know.
(b) Black skin, black hair and eyes.
(c) Tall and handsome, blond and blue eyed.
(d) Asian features, very short and stout.
14. What is the ethnic background of Jesus?
15. Why does H. G. Wells say Jesus is important?
(a) What Jesus left continues to grow.
(b) Jesus is the son of God.
(c) Caused a turning point in history.
(d) His Jewish background is unique.
Short Answer Questions
1. What brings Jesus to life for Yancey in Chapter 5?
2. What does the word "gospel" mean?
3. Why does Yancey believe that Jews stopped following Jesus?
4. What does Yancey object to in modern Christmas cards?
5. When does Yancey first get acquainted with Jesus?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)