|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Joseph bring his family to Israel?
(a) After the Red Sea is parted.
(b) They never came back.
(c) When Jesus is 21.
(d) After Herod the Great dies.
2. Who invited Yancey to the White House?
(a) Billy Graham.
(b) George Bush.
(c) President Clinton.
(d) Ronald Reagan.
3. In the middle ages, what do many Christians believe Jesus suffered from?
(c) Mental Illness.
4. What does supersessionism mean?
(a) There is no way to suppress Christianity.
(b) Super religion suppresses other lesser religion.
(c) Suppression of religion is good.
(d) Some religions grow out of and supersede others.
5. What does Jesus refuse to do with Satan?
(a) Listen to him.
(b) Use his power.
(c) Destroy him.
(d) Play by his rules.
6. Who marries the granddaughter of Augustus Caesar?
(a) Pontius Pilate.
(b) Herod the Great.
(c) Herod Antipas.
(d) Caesar Julius.
7. Who writes In His Steps?
(a) John Mantle.
(b) Jack Robins.
(c) Charles Sheldon.
(d) Phil Yancey.
8. What does Jesus propose for those who look at a woman lustfully?
(a) Become monks.
(b) Marry immediately and re-channel the lust.
(c) Self-denial of all pleasure whatsoever.
(d) Removal of the offending eye.
9. In Chapter 6, what does Yancey admit to being?
10. According to Yancey, why are older black people happier than older white people?
(a) Whites take less care of their elders.
(b) Black people tend to believe in heaven.
(c) Blacks are healthier.
(d) White people worry more.
11. What language does Jesus speak on a daily basis?
12. Why does Yancey believe that Jews stopped following Jesus?
(a) The Jews were persecuted for following Jesus.
(b) The Jews found a different man to be the Messiah.
(c) Jesus was not the Messiah the Jews were expecting.
(d) Jesus was too radical and not well liked.
13. How does the Lakota tribe refer to Jesus?
(a) Son of Almighty.
(b) Peace Giver.
(c) Lamb of God.
(d) Buffalo calf of God.
14. What does the Gospel of Mark say about why Jesus chose the Twelve?
(a) "That they might be with him."
(b) "That they might write down what he says."
(c) "That the end might be the beginning."
(d) "That night and day might be full of hope."
15. What does Walter Wink say about Jesus in Chapter 1?
(a) If Jesus had never lived, we would not have been able to invent him.
(b) There was no Jesus, we simply threw together a story.
(c) Jesus was never interested in writing anything down, but we are.
(d) Jesus was not human and therefore not accessible.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 4, what does Yancey say the Gospels assert that Jesus is?
2. What does Yancey find remarkable about Mary?
3. In Chapter 5, what is the one word Yancey chooses to describe Jesus best?
4. What is the physical appearance of Jesus?
5. What is Jesus' s first official act as an adult?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)