|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yancey find remarkable about Mary?
(a) Too young to have children.
(b) Managed to have a baby on her own.
(c) Accepted Jesus on his own terms, regardless of the cost.
(d) Jewish and not well born.
2. In Chapter 6, what does Yancey admit to being?
3. How many times is the Augustus Caesar mentioned in the Bible?
(a) Ten times.
(b) Fifty times.
(c) One time.
(d) Thousand times.
4. What does Yancey give up as a result of the Sermon on the Mount?
(a) Going to church.
(b) Eating chocolate.
(c) All his money.
(d) 1947 Jackie Robinson baseball card.
5. What are Owens's student's reaction to the Sermon on the Mount?
(a) It changed their lives for the better.
(b) Profound and humbling.
(c) They find it offensive and absurd.
(d) Humorous and silly.
6. What type of Messiah is Jesus?
7. Where is Laszlo Tokes from?
8. How does a commentary Yancey mentions translate "Blessed are the poor in spirit"?
(a) The poor have less spirit.
(b) Blessed are the spiritless.
(c) Blessed are the desperate.
(d) Blessings come from poverty.
9. What television figure does Yancy compare his early understanding of Jesus to?
(a) Dr. Who.
(b) James Bond.
(c) Mr. Rogers.
(d) Captain Kangaroo.
10. What is the name of the former mouth piece of the Community Party?
(a) Brothers and Sisters Unite.
(b) Russia Today.
(c) Red Forever.
11. What is the image Yancey first has of Jesus?
(a) Ethereal being of light.
(b) Angry radical political leader.
(c) Intense philosophical giant.
(d) Sweet Victorian nanny holding lambs and smiling.
12. What does Satan ask Jesus to turn a stone into?
(b) Loaf of bread.
13. When does Joseph bring his family to Israel?
(a) When Jesus is 21.
(b) They never came back.
(c) After the Red Sea is parted.
(d) After Herod the Great dies.
14. What does the author M. Scott Peck try to bring about?
(a) A new translation of the Bible.
(b) Theological dogmatic purity.
(c) Interfaith understanding and tolerance.
(d) Conversion of Islam and Buddhism to Christianity.
15. How many ordinary activities do the Pharisees outlaw on the Sabbath?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who writes In His Steps?
2. How many books does Jacob Neusner write?
3. How does the Lakota tribe refer to Jesus?
4. How old is Jesus when he dies?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 4, what does Yancey say the Gospels assert that Jesus is?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)