|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Lakota tribe refer to Jesus?
(a) Son of Almighty.
(b) Peace Giver.
(c) Buffalo calf of God.
(d) Lamb of God.
2. Who fights against Antiochus?
3. What is the Golden Rule?
(a) Gold is not worth its weight.
(b) Do to others as you would have them do to you.
(c) Get all you can when you can.
(d) Give to the poor more than to the rich.
4. What television figure does Yancy compare his early understanding of Jesus to?
(a) Dr. Who.
(b) Mr. Rogers.
(c) James Bond.
(d) Captain Kangaroo.
5. When does Yancey first get acquainted with Jesus?
(a) Theological Seminary.
(b) Sunday school.
(c) Army chapel services.
6. What does the Gospel of Mark say about why Jesus chose the Twelve?
(a) "That they might be with him."
(b) "That the end might be the beginning."
(c) "That they might write down what he says."
(d) "That night and day might be full of hope."
7. What does Antiochus try to do to the Jews?
(a) Hellenize their culture.
(b) Completely destroy all the people.
(c) Enslave them for pyramid building.
(d) Drive them into the Gobi desert.
8. What type of Messiah is Jesus?
9. According to Yancy in Chapter 5, why do people like being where Jesus is?
(a) Where Jesus is, there is joy.
(b) They don't; people shunned Jesus.
(c) Jesus challenged people to think differently.
(d) Jesus healed people.
10. What is Jesus' s first official act as an adult?
(a) Becoming an official rabbi.
(b) Writing the book of John.
(c) Raising Lazarus from the dead.
(d) Meeting Satan in the wilderness.
11. Who writes the play "The Man Born to be King?"
(a) George MacDonald.
(c) Dorothy Sayers.
(d) Thomas Merton.
12. In the middle ages, what do many Christians believe Jesus suffered from?
(a) Mental Illness.
13. What does communism consider religion to be?
(a) "The answer to all problems."
(b) "State sponsored behavior control."
(c) "The opiate of the people."
(d) "Leftist propaganda."
14. How does Albert Schweitzer interpret the Sermon on the Mount?
(a) Fanciful thoughts of an innocent man.
(b) Misquotes and mistaken translations.
(c) Interim demands for unusual times.
(d) Guidelines that are not practical.
15. What does Ivan Karamazov write?
(a) "The Grand Inquisitor" poem.
(b) The Brothers Karamozov.
(c) Jesus, Son of God.
(d) Fifth symphony in Bflat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the ethnic background of Jesus?
2. According to Yancey, what kind of man was Tolstoy?
3. How many times is the Augustus Caesar mentioned in the Bible?
4. In Chapter 5, what is the one word Yancey chooses to describe Jesus best?
5. What does Yancey want to answer with this book, according to Chapter 1?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)