|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the word "gospel" mean?
(a) Good Riddance.
(b) Good News.
(c) God's spell.
(d) Book of rules.
2. Who writes In His Steps?
(a) Phil Yancey.
(b) Charles Sheldon.
(c) John Mantle.
(d) Jack Robins.
3. Who is in power in Palestine when Jesus is born?
(b) Herod the Great.
(c) Galilee the Wise.
(d) The council of Hosea.
4. When is the document by Publius Lentulus forged?
5. What is the movie that Yancey saw in 1971 that portrayed a very different kind of Jesus?
(a) Jesus of Montreal.
(b) The Gospel According to St. Matthew.
(c) The Passion of the Christ.
(d) What a Wonderful life.
6. What magazine is Jimmy Carter famously interviewed about lust in?
(b) Christianity Today.
(c) National Geographic.
7. In Chapter 5, what is the one word Yancey chooses to describe Jesus best?
(b) Jewish Messiah.
(c) Mystery man.
(d) Man of God.
8. In the movie La Dolce Vita, what is the helicopter ferrying?
(a) Giant statue of Jesus.
(b) Small house made of gold.
(c) Flocks of gulls.
(d) Glass angels.
9. What type of Messiah is Jesus?
10. Where does Yancey teach his film class on Jesus?
(a) Harvard University.
(b) LaSalle Street Church.
(c) 82nd Street YMCA in New York City.
(d) South Bend Indiana Presbyterian College.
11. What is the image Yancey first has of Jesus?
(a) Angry radical political leader.
(b) Sweet Victorian nanny holding lambs and smiling.
(c) Intense philosophical giant.
(d) Ethereal being of light.
12. What typifies the Sadducees?
(a) Physically active, liked games and sports.
(b) Large gregarious families with many parties and celebrations.
(c) Collaborated with Greeks and Romans.
(d) Sad and lonely people.
13. What is the Golden Rule?
(a) Do to others as you would have them do to you.
(b) Give to the poor more than to the rich.
(c) Gold is not worth its weight.
(d) Get all you can when you can.
14. Who fights against Antiochus?
15. What does the Gospel of Mark say about why Jesus chose the Twelve?
(a) "That they might be with him."
(b) "That night and day might be full of hope."
(c) "That they might write down what he says."
(d) "That the end might be the beginning."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the name Jesus mean?
2. How does Yancey describe Jesus in Chapter 3?
3. What does Yancey find remarkable about Mary?
4. What does Jesus propose for those who look at a woman lustfully?
5. What does the author M. Scott Peck try to bring about?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)