|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Joseph bring his family to Israel?
(a) After the Red Sea is parted.
(b) After Herod the Great dies.
(c) When Jesus is 21.
(d) They never came back.
2. How do teachers live in Jesus'sday?
(a) The state of Israel supports them.
(b) By publishing books.
(c) By charging tuition for their classes.
(d) Off the gifts of appreciative listeners.
3. What does communism consider religion to be?
(a) "State sponsored behavior control."
(b) "Leftist propaganda."
(c) "The opiate of the people."
(d) "The answer to all problems."
4. How many books does Jacob Neusner write?
5. What language does Jesus speak on a daily basis?
6. What does the author M. Scott Peck try to bring about?
(a) Conversion of Islam and Buddhism to Christianity.
(b) A new translation of the Bible.
(c) Theological dogmatic purity.
(d) Interfaith understanding and tolerance.
7. How many times does Jesus cry in front of his disciples?
8. Who directs Jesus of Nazareth?
9. What does supersessionism mean?
(a) Some religions grow out of and supersede others.
(b) There is no way to suppress Christianity.
(c) Super religion suppresses other lesser religion.
(d) Suppression of religion is good.
10. What does Satan get from the Temptation episode?
(a) Victory over God's will.
(b) Power over Jesus.
(c) A partner in crime.
(d) Free reign to keep doing what he wants.
11. Who writes In His Steps?
(a) Phil Yancey.
(b) Jack Robins.
(c) John Mantle.
(d) Charles Sheldon.
12. What does the name Jesus mean?
(a) God Almighty.
(b) He who sees all.
(c) He shall save.
(d) Drawn from water.
13. Who is in power in Palestine when Jesus is born?
(a) The council of Hosea.
(b) Galilee the Wise.
(c) Herod the Great.
14. Why does H. G. Wells say Jesus is important?
(a) Jesus is the son of God.
(b) Caused a turning point in history.
(c) What Jesus left continues to grow.
(d) His Jewish background is unique.
15. What does Ivan Karamazov write?
(a) "The Grand Inquisitor" poem.
(b) The Brothers Karamozov.
(c) Jesus, Son of God.
(d) Fifth symphony in Bflat.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, what does Yancey admit to being?
2. What does the word "gospel" mean?
3. Who directs the silent classic from 1927 "King of Kings"?
4. How many women are mentioned in the genealogy of Jesus in Matthew?
5. What does Yancey say a major problem is in looking at the historical Jesus?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)