|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Who He Was: Chapter 2, Birth: The Visited Planet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Yancey drawn to Jesus, according to Chapter 1?
(a) Jesus is the dividing point of Yancey's life.
(b) Yancey can't say why.
(c) It is God's will.
(d) Jesus's teaching is so complicated.
2. What is the outcome of a betrothed woman committing adultery in Jesus's day?
(a) It was not a problem.
(b) Death by stoning.
(c) Sent to Egypt.
(d) No communion for a month.
3. What does Walter Wink say about Jesus in Chapter 1?
(a) If Jesus had never lived, we would not have been able to invent him.
(b) There was no Jesus, we simply threw together a story.
(c) Jesus was never interested in writing anything down, but we are.
(d) Jesus was not human and therefore not accessible.
4. What does Yancey object to in modern Christmas cards?
(a) Waste of paper.
(d) Too many words.
5. What is the movie that Yancey saw in 1971 that portrayed a very different kind of Jesus?
(a) What a Wonderful life.
(b) The Gospel According to St. Matthew.
(c) Jesus of Montreal.
(d) The Passion of the Christ.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who directs the silent classic from 1927 "King of Kings"?
2. What do the Essenes believe in?
3. What does Yancey find remarkable about Mary?
4. What is the image Yancey first has of Jesus?
5. When does Yancey first get acquainted with Jesus?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)