Part 1, Who He Was: Chapter 1, The Jesus I Thought I Knew
• The book, The Jesus I Never Knew, is an attempt to present an unbiased, facts-only look at the historical Jesus Christ.
• Yancey was raised in a Christian context and first understood Jesus to be a comforter and teacher.
• Gradually his interest and belief in Jesus changes and fades as he becomes more educated and exposed to different points of view.
• In 1971, Yancey first views the film The Gospel According to St. Matthew, which causes him to radically reassess the Jesus he was taught to believe in as a child.
• Whether or not one believes in Jesus, there is no question that Jesus is central to understanding our western history.
• It is difficult for modern men to get an idea of who exactly Jesus is, and yet Yancey believes God's wants Jesus to be analyzed and scrutinized by...
This section contains 2,247 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)