|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is another famous Florentine known for ruthless behavior and politics?
(a) Giacomo Casanova.
(b) Niccolo Machiavelli.
(c) Baldassra Castiglione.
(d) Cola di Rienzo.
2. After this very public humiliation on the world stage, Italy reverts to what?
(c) Negative attitudes.
(d) Its protective cover of illusion.
3. What makes up the puzzling Problema del Mezzogiorno?
(a) Profound differences between the Italians and Sicilians.
(b) Profound differences between the two Italies.
(c) Profound differences between the Roman Catholics and Greek Orthodox.
(d) Profound differences between the Romans and Tuscans.
4. What is one book that reigns supreme in cases of conduct?
(a) I Ricordi.
(b) La Mimica Degli Antichi Invesigate Nel Gestire Napoletano.
(c) The Book of the Courtier.
(d) Codice Cavalleresco Italiano.
5. What helps Italians navigate through life with as little pain as possible?
(a) A book of rules.
(b) Unwritten rules.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the word mafia indicate?
2. The Mafia members contend that they are not criminals but rather the enemies of whom?
3. Why could this man not achieve practical results?
4. What are children taught early?
5. What do other Italians think of the better-educated Italians who have no need for these tools for living life as pain-free as possible?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Guicciardini a role model?
2. What is the social status of men and women in an Italian family?
3. What is the main source of power for Italians? Describe this power.
4. What is the fundamental reason for why the South will not narrow the gap between itself and the North?
5. What do most Italians think of contemporary capitalism?
6. What are the elementary rules for survival in Italian society?
7. Describe Sicily.
8. What is hidden under the facade that most foreigners know as Italy?
9. What is one difference between Northerners and Southerners?
10. Describe the Mafia in Sicily.
This section contains 1,187 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)