|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did this man write?
(a) The Book of the Courtier.
(b) Di Rienzo.
(c) The Fatal Charm of Italy.
(d) I Ricordi.
2. The culture and qualities of the Italian people are ______________ on this island.
(a) The same.
3. Why could this man not achieve practical results?
(a) He was too much of a dreamer.
(b) He was not organized.
(c) He was mentally unstable.
(d) He was not dedicated to his work.
4. The Mafia members contend that they are not criminals but rather the enemies of whom?
(a) The government.
(c) Other Italians.
5. The Southerners work toward what?
(a) The acquisition of power and influence.
(b) Through the Church.
(c) The acquisition of wealth.
(d) Through deception.
Short Answer Questions
1. What other defense mechanism do the Italians use?
2. Why will the situation not improve in the immediate future between the North and South?
3. In Sicily, each man's rank is determined by what?
4. People in Southern Italy live more intense lives relying on their instincts but run what risk?
5. Southerners appreciate wealth. What do they feel about wealth?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Guicciardini a role model?
2. What is one difference between Northerners and Southerners?
3. What is meant by mafioso?
4. What do most Italians think of free expression?
5. What are the two major rules that must be followed to survive in Italian society?
6. How do the actions of the Northerners affect the achievement of their goals? How do the beliefs of the Southerners contrast this?
7. What is hidden under the facade that most foreigners know as Italy?
8. What do Italians think of life? What group of Italians may think differently? What do most Italians think of this group?
9. What is the social status of men and women in an Italian family?
10. What do the Sicilians call the Mafia? What do Mafia members think of themselves?
This section contains 1,169 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)