|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Another important faction in the geography of Italy is what?
(a) The island of Wales.
(b) The island of England.
(c) The island of Sicily.
(d) The island of Corsica.
2. Italians, like many other people, must one day realize what about life?
(a) It is pitiless and ugly with a constant struggle between hypocrisy and sincerity.
(b) It is too short.
(c) It is filled with joy and love.
(d) It in the control of each individual.
3. Guicciardini served as _____________ and arrested and tortured those who disagreed with Papal decrees.
(d) A priest.
4. In Sicily, each man's rank is determined by what?
(a) His intelligence.
(b) His looks.
(c) The amount of fear he can generate.
(d) His wealth.
5. The Southerner relies on what to achieve the same goals as the Northerners?
(b) Illegal activities.
Short Answer Questions
1. Southerners would like to live better lives and would prefer that the gap between North and South would do what?
2. What do Italians think about the rules of capitalism?
3. What becomes the center of Baroque life in all of Europe?
4. Who has the luxury of speaking about their dreams, ideals and justice?
5. What else do Italians think about capitalism?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is meant by mafioso?
2. In Sicily, how is each man's rank determined?
3. What is the social status of men and women in an Italian family?
4. What are the elementary rules for survival in Italian society?
5. What do most Italians think of contemporary capitalism?
6. Describe the Baroque period in Italy.
7. How do the actions of the Northerners affect the achievement of their goals? How do the beliefs of the Southerners contrast this?
8. Who is Francesco Guicciardini?
9. What causes the confusion about the Mafia?
10. What is hidden under the facade that most foreigners know as Italy?
This section contains 1,293 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)