|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Another important faction in the geography of Italy is what?
(a) The island of Wales.
(b) The island of Corsica.
(c) The island of Sicily.
(d) The island of England.
2. What must each member do to provide for the greater good of the family?
(a) Be willing to sacrifice personal property.
(b) Be will to leave the family.
(c) Be willing to sacrifice personal property and finances if the situation calls for it.
(d) Be willing to sacrifice finances.
3. Does he ever betray his personal beliefs in the service of those whom he detested?
(a) Yes, as soon as he retired.
(b) Yes, but many years later.
(c) No, never.
(d) Yes, once.
4. What does the Italian Code of Chivalry teach?
(a) The proper behavior for treating others.
(b) The proper way to defend a woman.
(c) The proper way to defend oneself.
(d) The proper behavior between gentlemen when one is challenged by another.
5. Baroque theater also becomes popular, and the custom of using ___________ at celebrations and events today mimics the glorious _________ crafted in this colorful and artistic time period.
Short Answer Questions
1. In exchange for protection by the Mafia, what happens to people?
2. The confusion about the Mafia is almost always perpetuated by whom?
3. What do Italians think of free expression?
4. Most families attempt to remain faithful to what?
5. The men may have many romantic affairs. What are the rights of the wives?
Short Essay Questions
1. At first glance, how does Italy appear?
2. What is hidden under the facade that most foreigners know as Italy?
3. What are the two major rules that must be followed to survive in Italian society?
4. What do most Italians think of free expression?
5. What is the main source of power for Italians? Describe this power.
6. What is the difference between mafia and Mafia?
7. What do Italians think of life? What group of Italians may think differently? What do most Italians think of this group?
8. Describe the organization of Italian groups.
9. What is required within an Italian family?
10. What is the fundamental reason for why the South will not narrow the gap between itself and the North?
This section contains 1,152 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)