|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Regarding the answer to number 99, what is this man's career?
(a) Inventor, artist, and performer.
(b) Doctor, politician, and teacher.
(c) Scientist, writer, and representative.
(d) Lawyer, diplomat, and historian.
2. The culture and qualities of the Italian people are ______________ on this island.
(c) The same.
3. All Italians share similar physical characteristics and methods for managing life, but there is a difference between the two geographical regions which has done what?
(a) Impacted the economies of each.
(b) Impacted the cultures of each.
(c) Not effected either economy.
(d) Brought different types of tourists.
4. Everything during the Baroque period is done for what reason?
(a) To encourage tourism.
(b) Freedom of expression.
(c) To please God.
(d) Show and splendor.
5. What do Italians think of free expression?
(a) It is a right for all people.
(b) It is considered a luxury granted to only a few saints, heroes, and poets.
(c) It is a waste of time for anyone.
(d) It is only for Americans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one use of the term mafioso?
2. Italians strive for what?
3. The actions of Northerners move them_________ their goals through better jobs.
4. Who has the luxury of speaking about their dreams, ideals and justice?
5. Guicciardini became a lawyer and went into what service in 1515?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why will the gap between the Northerners and the Southerners not improve in the immediate future?
2. What are the elementary rules for survival in Italian society?
3. Describe the Baroque period in Italy.
4. Who is Francesco Guicciardini?
5. How are matters complicated?
6. What is the difference between mafia and Mafia?
7. What have the Italians learned is their best defense against problems?
8. What are the two major rules that must be followed to survive in Italian society?
9. What do most Italians think of contemporary capitalism?
10. Describe the Mafia in Sicily.
This section contains 1,162 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)