|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mafia is what?
(a) The name for the famous illegal organization.
(b) A group of teenagers.
(c) A game on the internet.
(d) Gangsters in 1920s Chicago.
2. Guicciardini is the role model for what?
(a) Caring for others.
(b) Acting based on one's beliefs and feelings.
(c) Separating personal emotions and thoughts in the conduct of reprehensible business.
(d) The way all Italians would like to live.
3. The Southerner relies on what to achieve the same goals as the Northerners?
(c) Illegal activities.
4. About what is this book?
(a) It gives advice on home medical remedies.
(b) It gives advice on raising children.
(c) It gives advice on how to deal with others.
(d) It gives advice on managing through treacherous times.
5. Southerners would like to live better lives and would prefer that the gap between North and South would do what?
(b) Be moved farther north.
(c) Be moved farther south.
(d) Be more distinct.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mafia itself has how many meanings?
2. The confusion about the Mafia is almost always perpetuated by whom?
3. Why could this man not achieve practical results?
4. The Northerners believe that what is the way to achieve their goals?
5. There are visible signs of material advantages in the North, but there is always the danger of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Sicilians call the Mafia? What do Mafia members think of themselves?
2. What do Italians think of life? What group of Italians may think differently? What do most Italians think of this group?
3. What is one difference between Northerners and Southerners?
4. What is the fundamental reason for why the South will not narrow the gap between itself and the North?
5. What are the two major rules that must be followed to survive in Italian society?
6. What are the elementary rules for survival in Italian society?
7. What do most Italians think of contemporary capitalism?
8. What is the main source of power for Italians? Describe this power.
9. Describe Sicily.
10. Describe the organization of Italian groups.
This section contains 1,152 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)