|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Problema Del Mezzogiorno, Sicily and the Mafia, Fornovo and After, The Perennial Baroque and Conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Italians cling to illusions such as those exhibited by Casanova and Cagliostro?
(a) Real life is too brutal and ugly to be endured without pretense.
(b) Real life is too dule to be endured without pretense.
(c) It keeps life exciting.
(d) The visitors are drawn to this illusion.
2. Most visitors engage in ________________ activities.
(a) The same.
3. Regarding the answer to number 99, what is this man's career?
(a) Inventor, artist, and performer.
(b) Lawyer, diplomat, and historian.
(c) Scientist, writer, and representative.
(d) Doctor, politician, and teacher.
4. Italian mothers take on an almost divine role in the family paralleling what?
(a) The role of saint.
(b) The role of Mary the mother of Jesus.
(c) The role of God to the Israelites.
(d) The role of guardian angel.
5. It is believed that there is both Casanova and Cagliostro in who?
(a) Every Italian man.
(b) Every foreign man.
(c) Every man.
(d) Every wealthy Italian man.
Short Answer Questions
1. The confusion about the Mafia is almost always perpetuated by whom?
2. What does the word mafia indicate?
3. Italy is the seat of what?
4. Through the Middle Ages, who was drawn to Italy?
5. Author Henry James claimed that the pleasure of Italy was inseparably tied to what?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)