|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Illusion and Cagliostro, The Other Face of the Coin, Cola di Rienzo or the Obsession of Antiquity, and Mussolini or the Limitations of Showmanship.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who practically formed the country's landscape over the years?
(b) The wealthy and powerful.
(c) The people.
2. Even though individuals could easily practice their religion in their own towns, the lure of what was irresistible for many?
(a) The birthplace of Christ.
(b) The spectacle and majesty of visiting this holy city.
(c) Well-spoken priests.
(d) Other Catholics.
3. What decision do some visitors make according to this chapter?
(a) To never return to Italy.
(b) To stay permanently.
(c) To encourage others to stay away from Italy.
(d) To visit during the winter.
4. Who flocks to Italy each year in increasing numbers?
(b) The elderly.
(d) Foreign visitors.
5. What drives the tourists to Italy?
(a) Some unknown urge.
(b) Peace and quiet.
(d) Inexpensive retirement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was one of the major reasons for Italian travel?
2. Although almost everyone recognizes these minor deceptions for what they are, they are considered what?
3. The people are even more aware of this when they know they are being observed?
4. What must be hidden?
5. The largest number of visitors come from where?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)