|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Illusion and Cagliostro, The Other Face of the Coin, Cola di Rienzo or the Obsession of Antiquity, and Mussolini or the Limitations of Showmanship.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Balsamo became involved in what?
(a) One of the most notorious criminal situations of the time.
(b) The smithing guild.
(c) Many famous works of art.
(d) Italian politics.
2. Why do Italians cling to illusions such as those exhibited by Casanova and Cagliostro?
(a) Real life is too dule to be endured without pretense.
(b) The visitors are drawn to this illusion.
(c) It keeps life exciting.
(d) Real life is too brutal and ugly to be endured without pretense.
3. The passion for ______________ allows Italians to glide over life's surface leaving the ugly part as untouched as possible.
(b) Each other.
4. In the 1960s, how many people visited Italy?
(a) Twelve million.
(b) Twelve billion.
(c) Over twenty million.
(d) Over twenty billion.
5. The first purpose of show is what?
(a) To have fun.
(b) To make a living.
(c) To make life acceptable.
(d) To entertain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Italy is the seat of what?
2. When do tourists demonstrate the kind of behavior mentioned in number 7?
3. What book did this author write?
4. Amidst all this spectacle and beauty, however, live the Italians, viewed by many as what?
5. The third evil spirit is what?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)