|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Illusion and Cagliostro, The Other Face of the Coin, Cola di Rienzo or the Obsession of Antiquity, and Mussolini or the Limitations of Showmanship.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the 1960s, how many people visited Italy?
(a) Twelve million.
(b) Over twenty million.
(c) Twelve billion.
(d) Over twenty billion.
2. Everything is better when it does what?
(a) Is allowed to be itself.
(b) Is able to be studied by others.
(c) Is given the chance to grow.
(d) Sparkles and has some form of order.
3. What does the author admit about most Italian girls and young women?
(a) They are scary.
(b) They are uncontrollable.
(c) They are disturbingly beautiful.
(d) They are loud and rude.
4. With what is the magnificent structure mentioned in number 77 filled?
(a) Ruthless rulers.
(b) Unhappy citizens.
(c) Selfish people.
(d) Grand art and architecture.
5. One of the most prominent proponents of illusion was the author __________________.
(a) Giacomo Casanova.
(b) Giuseppe Balsamo.
(c) Baldassar Castiglione.
(d) Benito Mussolini.
Short Answer Questions
1. The second evil spirit is what?
2. Cagliostro is imprisoned where for a brief time?
3. In ancient times, travel was _________________.
4. Almost without fail, all who visit and return are drawn to what?
5. The passion for ______________ allows Italians to glide over life's surface leaving the ugly part as untouched as possible.
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)