|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Illusion and Cagliostro, The Other Face of the Coin, Cola di Rienzo or the Obsession of Antiquity, and Mussolini or the Limitations of Showmanship.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Everything is better when it does what?
(a) Sparkles and has some form of order.
(b) Is able to be studied by others.
(c) Is given the chance to grow.
(d) Is allowed to be itself.
2. Polite lies and flattery are tools of the Italian people in order to do what?
(a) Perpetuate the necessary illusions.
(b) Earn wealth.
(c) Stay popular.
(d) Be happy.
3. It is necessary for each Italian to do what?
(a) Give gifts to these spirits.
(b) Pray to these spirits.
(c) Ward off the presence and the effects of these spirits the best he can.
(d) Ask for help from these spirits.
4. The surface of Italian life has many characteristics of what?
(a) A company.
(b) A law firm.
(c) A dictatorship.
(d) A play or show.
5. What does the author admit about most Italian girls and young women?
(a) They are loud and rude.
(b) They are uncontrollable.
(c) They are scary.
(d) They are disturbingly beautiful.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do foreigners seem to have trouble with this belief in illusion?
2. There are stories of penniless aristocratic families who live what kind of lives?
3. For ages it has been the fate of the Italian people to grasp wealth and power so they achieve it through what?
4. The core of Italian belief is that life is what?
5. Some of the visitors are more ______________ than the residents.
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)