|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Problema Del Mezzogiorno, Sicily and the Mafia, Fornovo and After, The Perennial Baroque and Conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mafia is what?
(a) The name for the famous illegal organization.
(b) A group of teenagers.
(c) Gangsters in 1920s Chicago.
(d) A game on the internet.
2. What do other Italians think of the better-educated Italians who have no need for these tools for living life as pain-free as possible?
(a) They are crazy.
(b) They are more Italian.
(c) They must not be Italian.
(d) They can sometimes be perceived as being less Italian.
3. What did many view Italians as deserving?
(a) The corruption and tyrannies which infiltrate their national history.
(b) To be the seat of the Roman Catholic Church.
(c) Better than they had.
(d) Everything that was beautiful and majestic.
4. Giuseppe Balsamo is a contemporary of whom?
5. Almost without fail, all who visit and return are drawn to what?
(a) Italian food.
(b) Italian women.
(c) Italian men.
(d) The Italian zest for life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Within the family, the males reign supreme and Italian men are noted for what?
2. The first purpose of show is what?
3. What does the author admit about most Italian girls and young women?
4. What makes up the puzzling Problema del Mezzogiorno?
5. Balsamo became involved in what?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)