|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Problema Del Mezzogiorno, Sicily and the Mafia, Fornovo and After, The Perennial Baroque and Conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The fundamental reason that the South will not narrow the gap between itself and the North is what?
(a) Southerners think in political, not economic, terms.
(b) Southerners think in economic, not political terms.
(c) Southerners do not want the gap narrowed.
(d) Southerners are not intelligent.
2. What book did this author write?
(a) The Book of Fate.
(b) The Book of Hours.
(c) The Book of the Courtier.
(d) The Book of Love.
3. In ancient times, travel was _________________.
(d) Precarious at best.
4. For what is Casanova noted?
(a) His many works.
(b) His political advances.
(c) His many amorous conquests.
(d) His poetry.
5. Italy is still a draw for those wishing to do what?
(a) Spend money.
(b) Indulge in sensuous activities.
(c) Work hard.
(d) Find work.
Short Answer Questions
1. Polite lies and flattery are tools of the Italian people in order to do what?
2. There are stories of penniless aristocratic families who live what kind of lives?
3. Who practically formed the country's landscape over the years?
4. What rises to power during this time and many people are tried, tortured and killed in the name of preserving the Church?
5. The Northerners believe that what is the way to achieve their goals?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)