|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Realism and Guicciardini, The Pursuit of Life, The Power of the Family and How to Succeed.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does he ever betray his personal beliefs in the service of those whom he detested?
(a) Yes, but many years later.
(b) Yes, as soon as he retired.
(c) Yes, once.
(d) No, never.
2. What else do Italians think about capitalism?
(a) They appreciate the outward aspects of it but do not believe it truly exists.
(b) They think it requires too much responsibility from the citizens.
(c) They cannot appreciate anything about it.
(d) They think it is only for the wealthy.
3. Why do these aristocrats live lives such as this?
(a) In order to host a huge banquet and ball once each year.
(b) Only family matters.
(c) They only care about themselves.
(d) It is the only way of life they know.
4. How do visitors attempt to speak?
(a) Loudly and slowly.
(c) In Italian.
(d) With their hands.
5. It is necessary for each Italian to do what?
(a) Ask for help from these spirits.
(b) Pray to these spirits.
(c) Give gifts to these spirits.
(d) Ward off the presence and the effects of these spirits the best he can.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cagliostro is imprisoned where for a brief time?
2. Italian mothers take on an almost divine role in the family paralleling what?
3. Who found their way to Italy?
4. Who was this city trying to deceive?
5. The first of the evil spirits is what?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)