|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Realism and Guicciardini, The Pursuit of Life, The Power of the Family and How to Succeed.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It is necessary for each Italian to do what?
(a) Ward off the presence and the effects of these spirits the best he can.
(b) Pray to these spirits.
(c) Give gifts to these spirits.
(d) Ask for help from these spirits.
2. The second evil spirit is what?
3. For what is Casanova noted?
(a) His poetry.
(b) His political advances.
(c) His many works.
(d) His many amorous conquests.
4. What kind of behavior do tourists demonstrate?
(a) Slightly frenzied.
5. Author Henry James claimed that the pleasure of Italy was inseparably tied to what?
(a) The human element.
(b) Its landscape.
(c) Its food.
(d) Its architecture.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did this man write?
2. Into what do males force women?
3. What did this city add to the building facades?
4. The passion for ______________ allows Italians to glide over life's surface leaving the ugly part as untouched as possible.
5. How do visitors attempt to speak?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)