|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vivaldi demand to be done in Chapter 16?
(a) The charges explained to him.
(b) To be taken to the doctor.
(c) To be taken with Ellena.
(d) Ellena be released immediately.
2. What does Vivaldi accuse his mother's adviser of in Chapter 4?
(a) Slandering Ellena to his mother.
(b) Being a thief.
(c) Stealing Vivaldi's music.
(d) Spying on the Vivaldi family.
3. What does Vivaldi's friend suggest he do near the end of Chapter 1?
(a) Buy Ellena's villa.
(b) Serenade Ellena.
(c) Take a long nap.
(d) Leave the country.
4. What does Vivaldi suspect is the cause of death in the investigation?
(c) Old age.
5. What rumor does Vivaldi's mother hear in Chapter 14?
(a) There is a price on her head.
(b) Ellena has escaped.
(c) Her husband is going to leave her.
(d) Her love affair has been discovered.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Vivaldi's mother and her adviser decide to do after Vivaldi has left her apartments in Chapter 4?
2. What does the friar offer to send the travelers?
3. What does Ellena beg Vivaldi not to do when their wedding is interrupted and she is seized by the intruders?
4. What punishment is suggested for Ellena in Chapter 14?
5. What is Vivaldi convinced of by his interview with his mother in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Schedoni and the Marchesa di Vivaldi decide to do based on Schedoni's exaggerated story of his confrontation with Vivaldi?
2. What does Ellena fear when she attends the concert in Chapter 12, and how are her fears assuaged?
3. Describe how Vivaldi feels when he first sees Ellena in Chapter 1.
4. Where does Vivaldi locate Ellena, and what is her reaction when she sees him in Chapter 11?
5. What happens when Ellena agrees to marry Vivaldi?
6. What is Signora Bianchi's reaction when Vivaldi states his desire to marry Ellena?
7. Who does Vivaldi believe has betrayed him on his escape plan and why?
8. After seeing Ellena taken away during their marriage ceremony, where does Vivaldi demand to be sent, and for what reason does he make this demand?
9. What happens that causes Vivaldi to rush to Ellena's house, and what does he find there?
10. How does Ellena react to Vivaldi's attempts to draw her attention in Chapter 1?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)