Section 1: Introduction and Chapter 1
1. What amazes the English travelers in the Introduction?
(a) The Italian countryside.
(b) The fettuccini alfredo.
(c) The Italian language.
(d) The portico of Santa Maria del Pianto.
2. What is the profession of the strange man in the church in the Introduction?
(a) An assassin.
(b) An actor.
(c) A police officer.
(d) A chef.
3. What does the friar offer to send the travelers?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) A satchel of money.
(c) A religious relic.
(d) An extraordinary confession.
4. Where is the church in which Vincentio di Vivaldi sees Ellena di Rosalba in Chapter 1?
(b) San Lorenzo.
(c) The suburbs of Venice.
5. What attracts Vincentio di Vivaldi to Ellena di Rosalba at first?
(a) Her charming demeanor.
(b) Her eyes.
(c) The size of her wallet.
(d) Her singing voice.
6. Who is escorting Ellena di Rosalba in Chapter 1?
(a) The Friar.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her uncle.
(d) Signora Bianchi.
7. Where is the villa where Ellena and her escort live?
(d) Next to the church.
This section contains 4,844 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)