|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Irak invade Kuwait?
2. What postponed the U.S. talk of Palestinian autonomy?
3. When did President Sadat address the Israeli parliament?
4. When did the Palestinian National Council issue a political resolution supporting the intifada?
5. When was Hamas created, according to Part VI pp 529-576?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did President Reagan propose?
2. What did Y. Harkabi address the issue of in Part IV, pp. 340-382?
3. What did Rabin discuss on September 21, 1993?
4. What two challenges were presented by Egyptian Minister of State Boutros Bpoutros-Ghali according to Part V, pp. 430-477?
5. What did the United States feel at the opening of the Geneva Peace talks?
6. What did Egyptian President Sadat address on November 20, 1977?
7. What did Golda Meir tell the Knesset in October 23, 1973?
8. What did Egypt accept in 1973 according to Part IV, pp. 303-340?
9. What problem did Ehe Kedouri examine?
10. What did the Palestine National Council promote?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the economic impact of absorbing immigrants and the Anglo-American Committee of Inquiry.
Essay Topic 2
Examine why the Arabs need to psychologically accept the existence of Israel before working out the problems.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the British Mandate and the role that Britain played in the relationship between Jews and Arabs from 1920 to 1947.
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)