|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Sadat claim Israel engaged in?
2. When did Lebanon and Israel sign a truce?
3. When did President Asad of Syria state that the PLO had reached a secret agreement with Israel without the other Arab states being involved in the months of secret negotiations?
4. When did Sadat talk about the Soviet help to Egypt?
5. Who tried to negotiate with the PLO between 1982 and 1987?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Egyptian President Sadat address on November 20, 1977?
2. What did Arafat say in December 31, 1992?
3. What did the PLO Executive Committee praise in December, 1987?
4. What did the Palestine National Council promote?
5. What did Shamir discuss the history of at the Madrid Peace Conference according to Part VI, pp. 577-623?
6. How did the Cold war end in Part VI, pp. 478-529?
7. What did Walter Laqueur analyze the prospect of?
8. What did the Palestinian National Council issue according to Part VI, pp. 529-576?
9. What did President Reagan propose?
10. What did the United States Secretary of State propose?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose two Jewish leaders and compare their methods in pursuing a Jewish state.
Essay Topic 2
Choose two American Presidents involved in Middle Eastern relations and determine who had the most positive influence on Arab and Jewish relations.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the significance of the Fatah and their beliefs regarding the liberation of Palestine.
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)