|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did other Arab nations need to recognize, according to Boutros Bpoutros-Ghali?
2. When was the Israel- Egypt peace treaty ratified?
3. What did the Palestinian organization realize in the 1990s, according to Part VI pp 478-529?
4. When did Mahmoud Darwish resign from the PLO?
5. Who felt the prospect for peace during the Geneva conference were good?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Egyptian President Sadat address on November 20, 1977?
2. What did the intifada leadership issue?
3. What did Yasir discuss in his address to the United Nations General Assembly in 1974?
4. What problem did Ehe Kedouri examine?
5. What did Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin say in his inaugural speech in 1992?
6. What did the United States feel at the opening of the Geneva Peace talks?
7. How did the Cold war end in Part VI, pp. 478-529?
8. What did the Palestinian National Council issue according to Part VI, pp. 529-576?
9. What did Walter Laqueur analyze the prospect of?
10. What did the United States favor?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the impact that Nazi persecution had on Jewish immigration.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the role that the United Nations played in the Middle East negotiations.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the importance of self-government and self-determination.
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)