|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Secretary of State George Schulz discuss the conflict in Lebanon and how it threatens Israeli security?
2. What did the Arabs have to accept before negotiation could take place?
3. When did Yasir Arafat and Yitzhak Rabin sign an agreement?
4. When did the Palestine National Council say there can be no peace or stability in the Middle East until the Palestinian issue is settled?
5. What did the Palestinian National Council believe Palestine and Jordan should do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the United States favor?
2. What did Rabin discuss on September 21, 1993?
3. What did Secretary of State George Shultz discuss in Congressional testimony?
4. What was the report of the Aragnat Commission?
5. What did the Palestinian National Council issue according to Part VI, pp. 529-576?
6. How did the Cold war end in Part VI, pp. 478-529?
7. What did Arafat say in December 31, 1992?
8. What two challenges were presented by Egyptian Minister of State Boutros Bpoutros-Ghali according to Part V, pp. 430-477?
9. What did President Reagan propose?
10. What did the United States Secretary of State propose?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the British Mandate and the role that Britain played in the relationship between Jews and Arabs from 1920 to 1947.
Essay Topic 2
Choose two Jewish leaders and compare their methods in pursuing a Jewish state.
Essay Topic 3
Examine why the Jihad was considered the only solution to the Palestinian problem.
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)