|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Arabs begin discussion of secession from the Ottoman Empire?
2. Who was the British Prime minister in 1931?
3. What did the Law of Return allow?
4. When was U.N. Resolution 242 written?
5. For what reason did Abba Eban address the United Nations?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Eban envision?
2. What was the King-Crane Commission?
3. What did Arabs want?
4. Who was Yizhak Rabin?
5. What is decided on August 1, 1948?
6. Who rejected the White Paper?
7. What did the Palestine National Charter express according to Part IV, pp. 214-258?
8. What was Resolution 242?
9. What did the British government say and feel according to Part II, pp. 38-72?
10. What happened on July 5, 1950, according to Part III, pp. 107-158?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine President Reagan's peace plan and his two objectives as of 1982.
Essay Topic 2
Choose two commissions and compare and contrast their methods, the report, and the outcomes.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the history of Zionism and the significance of promoting the formation of a Jewish state.
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)