|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a British policy commission recommends against in 1938?
2. When was the Manifesto of the United Arab Republic published?
3. When did Israel declare independence according to Part III 107-158?
4. When did the Arabs begin discussion of secession from the Ottoman Empire?
5. How long of a transitional period did the U.N. set to create provisional governments?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Palestine National Charter express according to Part IV, pp. 214-258?
2. What did Anwar Sadat address?
3. What did the report publish on May 1, 1945 according to Part II, pp. 72-103?
4. What happened on July 5, 1950, according to Part III, pp. 107-158?
5. What did Shukairy address?
6. What was the Syrian Ba'th Party?
7. What is decided on August 1, 1948?
8. What did Jerusalem become?
9. What did Arabs want?
10. What did the 1937 Peel Commission conclude?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the role that the United Nations played in the Middle East negotiations.
Essay Topic 2
Examine President Reagan's peace plan and his two objectives as of 1982.
Essay Topic 3
Choose two commissions and compare and contrast their methods, the report, and the outcomes.
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)