|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Hosni Mubarak become president of Egypt?
2. When did Golda Meir tell the Knesset that Israel was open to accept a cease fire with the military where they were?
(a) October 23, 1975.
(b) October 23, 1976.
(c) October 23, 1973.
(d) October 23, 1974.
3. What country was most of the occupied territory part of?
4. Whom should be included in any peace negotiation, according to Boutros Bpoutros-Ghali?
(a) The PLO.
(d) The United States.
5. Who supported the peace proposals of President Habib Bourguiba and King Fahd?
(a) The 15th Arab Summit.
(b) The 13th Arab Summit.
(c) The 14th Arab Summit.
(d) The 12th Arab Summit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gave speeches at the Madrid Peace Conference?
2. What did the Arabs have to accept before negotiation could take place?
3. When did Begin say that the State of Israel's existence is not threatened by terrorists, but the lives of the people are?
4. Why did Egypt adopt the cease fire of 1973, according to Sadat in Part IV pp 202-340?
5. What did the Palestinian's realization in the 1990's make them accept?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Y. Harkabi address the issue of in Part IV, pp. 340-382?
2. What did the Palestine National Council promote?
3. What did Arafat say in December 31, 1992?
4. What did Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin say in his inaugural speech in 1992?
5. What did Walter Laqueur analyze the prospect of?
6. What did the United States favor?
7. What did President Reagan propose?
8. What did Secretary of State George Shultz discuss in Congressional testimony?
9. What did Golda Meir tell the Knesset in October 23, 1973?
10. What was the report of the Aragnat Commission?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)