|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine refuse to take part in?
(a) The Paris Conference.
(b) The Geneva Conference.
(c) The Washington Conference.
(d) The Berlin Conference.
2. When did Lebanon and Israel sign a truce?
(a) May 17, 1981.
(b) May 17, 1983.
(c) May 17, 1984.
(d) May 17, 1985.
3. Who gave speeches at the Madrid Peace Conference?
(a) Prime Minister Yitzhak Shamir and Clinton.
(b) Prime Minister Yitzhak Shamir and Haydar Abd al-Shafi
(c) Prime Minister Yitzhak Shamir and Arafat.
(d) Prime Minister Yitzhak Shamir and Bush.
4. When did the PLO Executive Committee praise the action of those participating in the intifada?
(a) December, 1986.
(b) December, 1989.
(c) December, 1987.
(d) December, 1988.
5. What needs to be achieve for a solution to the problems in the Middle East to be final, according to Part IV pp. 384-430?
(a) Israel must withdraw from occupied territories.
(b) The Palestinian people must have a defined, permanent status.
(c) The U.S. must stop supporting Israel.
(d) Palestinians must be ready to make concessions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who supported the peace proposals of President Habib Bourguiba and King Fahd?
2. When was the Jordanian-Palestine signed?
3. When did President Sadat address the Israeli parliament?
4. When did Mahmoud Darwish resign from the PLO?
5. How many points did the Baker plan have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did President Reagan propose?
2. What did the United States Secretary of State propose in October, 1988?
3. What did Walter Laqueur analyze the prospect of?
4. What did the Palestine National Council promote?
5. What did Yasir discuss in his address to the United Nations General Assembly in 1974?
6. What two challenges were presented by Egyptian Minister of State Boutros Bpoutros-Ghali according to Part V, pp. 430-477?
7. What did Shamir discuss the history of at the Madrid Peace Conference according to Part VI, pp. 577-623?
8. How did the Cold war end in Part VI, pp. 478-529?
9. What did Harold H. Snauders discuss according to Part IV, pp. 384-430?
10. What problem did Ehe Kedouri examine?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)