|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Begin say that the State of Israel's existence is not threatened by terrorists, but the lives of the people are?
(a) August 10, 1985.
(b) August 10, 1982.
(c) August 10, 1986.
(d) August 10, 1981.
2. Why would Egypt be most willing to negotiate with Israel?
(a) They had a the smaller army.
(b) They were more concerned with the losses of the 1967 war.
(c) They needed subsidies from the U.S.
(d) They had lost their USSR ally.
3. Who was expelled from Lebanon?
(a) Egyptian soldiers.
(c) The PLO.
4. When did the Likud Coalition publish its position?
(a) March, 1976.
(b) March, 1975.
(c) March, 1977.
(d) March, 1978.
5. Who proposed a peace plan in 1982?
(b) Prince Saud.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Palestinian National Council issue a political resolution supporting the intifada?
2. What did Arafat say about the negotiations at Madrid?
3. When was a new Israeli government elected?
4. When did Yasir Arafat and Yitzhak Rabin sign an agreement?
5. What wasn't the USSR in favor of for the Middle East?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Egyptian President Sadat address on November 20, 1977?
2. What did the United States Secretary of State propose?
3. What did Egypt accept in 1973 according to Part IV, pp. 303-340?
4. What did the Likud Coalition publish?
5. What did the Palestine National Council promote?
6. What did the intifada leadership issue?
7. What did Y. Harkabi address the issue of in Part IV, pp. 340-382?
8. What did Harold H. Snauders discuss according to Part IV, pp. 384-430?
9. How did the Cold war end in Part VI, pp. 478-529?
10. What did Shamir discuss the history of at the Madrid Peace Conference according to Part VI, pp. 577-623?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)