|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What policy did the Anglo-American Committee contain?
2. Why did the Fatah reject the U.N. resolution?
(a) It required coexistence between Jews and Arabs.
(b) It left Israel untouched.
(c) It claimed it ignores the rights of the Palestinian people.
(d) It did not create a country for Palestinians.
3. When was the Peel Commission created?
4. Who was promoting a Jewish state and founded Zionism?
(a) David Ben Gurion.
(b) Joseph Coen.
(c) Theodor Herzl.
(d) Karl Rosenberg.
5. What territories did Israel agree to withdrawn from in U.N. Resolution 242?
(a) Jordanian ones.
(b) Negotiated ones.
(c) Those following the Six Day War.
(d) Egyptian ones.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Abba Eban address the United Nations according to Part III pp 158-212?
2. What was the Peel Commission created to investigate?
3. What did the Fatah distinguish between?
4. What was the only course of action for the entire region?
5. What did the British pledge to support?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is decided on August 1, 1948?
2. What was the Syrian Ba'th Party?
3. What did the British government say and feel according to Part II, pp. 38-72?
4. What did Hassanain Haykal view the conflict as according to Part IV, pp. 258-303?
5. What was the Sykes-Picot Agreement?
6. What did Jerusalem become?
7. What does Eban envision?
8. What did Shukairy address?
9. What did Ahmed Baha Ed-Dine discuss?
10. What did the 1937 Peel Commission conclude?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)