|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Arabs want to halt the Jewish immigration and the transfer of land until?
(a) Institution of a Palestinian and Jewish state.
(b) The departure of the British.
(c) Institution of a self government in Palestine.
(d) The first U.N council.
2. Who wanted the Arab nation to be a land where everyone had equal rights and freedom of religion?
(a) Agibd Mohatam.
(b) Negib Azouri.
(c) Mohammed Akam.
(d) Hasan Makim.
3. When was U.N. Resolution 242 written?
4. What did Hassanain Haykal view the conflict for Palestine as a way to do according to Part IV pp. 258-303?
(a) A way of forcing the Arabs to submit to the West.
(b) A way to give the Jews compensation for the Holocaust.
(c) A way to punish the Arabs for the religion.
(d) A way to keep Arabs absent from the international scene.
5. What was the basis of the Fatah's creation?
(a) The destruction of Israel.
(b) The creation of Israel.
(c) The defeat of Egypt in the Six Days War.
(d) Israel colonization and expansion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Law of Return allow?
2. Who was the leader of the Fatah?
3. What was Ahmed Shukairy's profession?
4. Who supported the idea of a Jewish state in Palestine?
5. What was required for the liberation of Palestine?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Abba Eban address in Part III, pp. 158-212?
2. What happened on July 5, 1950, according to Part III, pp. 107-158?
3. Who was Theodor Herzl?
4. What is decided on August 1, 1948?
5. What does Eban envision?
6. What did Shukairy address?
7. What was Resolution 242?
8. What is Fatah?
9. What was the policy in a White Paper in 1939?
10. What did the 1937 Peel Commission conclude?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)