|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Nasser move his troops in the Sinai to block Israel from using the waterway?
2. What was Ahmed Shukairy's profession?
3. Who was promoting a Jewish state and founded Zionism?
(a) David Ben Gurion.
(b) Joseph Coen.
(c) Karl Rosenberg.
(d) Theodor Herzl.
4. How many Jews were allowed to get into Palestine by the White Paper of 1939?
5. Who dominated the Middle East, according to Hassanain Haykal?
(a) The USSR.
(d) The U.S.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who defended the right for Arabs to regain their land from Israel?
2. What did Ruppin conclude?
3. Who supported the idea of a Jewish state in Palestine?
4. When was U.N. Resolution 242 written?
5. What was Emir Feisal's title?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the British government say and feel according to Part II, pp. 38-72?
2. What does Eban envision?
3. What was the policy in a White Paper in 1939?
4. What did Abba Eban address in Part III, pp. 158-212?
5. What did the Fatah believe?
6. What did both Jews and Arabs have, according to Part I, pp. 2-36?
7. What did the Palestine National Charter express according to Part IV, pp. 214-258?
8. What was the Sykes-Picot Agreement?
9. Who was Theodor Herzl?
10. What did Hafiz al-Asad commend?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)