|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Arabs have to accept before negotiation could take place?
(a) They are not in position to make many demands.
(b) They should accept whatever is given to them.
(c) The existence of Israel.
(d) They lost the war.
2. What peace plan did Egypt welcome?
(a) The British Peace Plan.
(b) The Saudi Fahd Peace Plan.
(c) The Syrian Peace Plan.
(d) The Camp David Plan.
3. When did President Asad of Syria state that the PLO had reached a secret agreement with Israel without the other Arab states being involved in the months of secret negotiations?
(a) October 1, 1993.
(b) October 1, 1990.
(c) October 1, 1992.
(d) October 1, 1991.
4. What did the Palestinian National Council believe Palestine and Jordan should do?
(a) Exist in a confederal level.
(b) Stop relationship.
(c) Join in their fight against Israel.
5. When was Yitzhak Rabin inaugurated?
(a) July 13, 1991.
(b) July 13, 1995.
(c) July 13, 1992.
(d) July 13, 1993.
6. What must happen before either side can push for total autonomy of the Palestinian homeland according to the Israeli Foreign Minister of 1982?
(a) One side must be destroyed.
(b) One side must win.
(c) Both sides need to coexist.
(d) One side must surrender.
7. When did the intifada begin?
(a) December, 1988.
(b) December, 1987.
(c) December ,1986.
(d) December, 1989.
8. When did Hosni Mubarak become president of Egypt?
9. What did Walter Laqueur analyze?
(a) Prospects of peace between Israel and Egypt.
(b) Prospects of war between Israel and Egypt.
(c) Prospects of war between Israel and Jordan.
(d) Prospects of peace between Israel and Jordan.
10. When did Golda Meir tell the Knesset that Israel was open to accept a cease fire with the military where they were?
(a) October 23, 1973.
(b) October 23, 1974.
(c) October 23, 1975.
(d) October 23, 1976.
11. When did the Palestinian strike to protest the Schulz plan?
(a) April 5.
(b) April 4.
(c) April 7.
(d) April 6.
12. When did Irak invade Kuwait?
(a) August, 1992.
(d) August, 1990.
13. What did the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine refuse to take part in?
(a) The Berlin Conference.
(b) The Washington Conference.
(c) The Paris Conference.
(d) The Geneva Conference.
14. What does Shamir refuse to do?
(a) Negotiate with the PLO.
(b) Negotiate with Egypt.
(c) Negotiate with Jordan.
(d) Recognized with the PLO.
15. What issues does Y. Harkabi address in Part IV pp. 340-382?
(a) Dictatorial Palestinian State.
(b) Communist Palestinian State.
(c) Democratic Palestinian State.
(d) Monarchist Palestinian State.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was expelled from Lebanon?
2. When was the Palestinian Liberation Organization recognized as the representative of the Palestinians?
3. What did Mahmoud Darwish say as he resign from the PLO?
4. Who was the Israeli defense minister in December, 1981?
5. Who supported the peace proposals of President Habib Bourguiba and King Fahd?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)