|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the PLO Executive Committee praise the action of those participating in the intifada?
(a) December, 1986.
(b) December, 1989.
(c) December, 1988.
(d) December, 1987.
2. When did Mubarak say he was ready for peace?
(a) January 21, 1987.
(b) January 21, 1989.
(c) January 21, 1986.
(d) January 21, 1988.
3. What did the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine refuse to take part in?
(a) The Geneva Conference.
(b) The Berlin Conference.
(c) The Washington Conference.
(d) The Paris Conference.
4. When was the Madrid Peace Conference, according to Part VI pp 577-623?
(a) October 31, 1993.
(b) October 31, 1991.
(c) October 31, 1990.
(d) October 31, 1992.
5. When did Sadat talk about the Soviet help to Egypt?
6. Whom should be included in any peace negotiation, according to Boutros Bpoutros-Ghali?
(c) The PLO.
(d) The United States.
7. Who was expelled from Lebanon?
(b) The PLO.
(c) Egyptian soldiers.
8. What could affect the balance of power according to Saddam Hussein in 1990?
(a) Building up armies with Russian weapons.
(c) Merging countries.
(d) If Arabs could work out their differences.
9. Why did Egypt adopt the cease fire of 1973, according to Sadat in Part IV pp 202-340?
(a) Egypt got back the territories previously lost.
(b) Egypt was pressured by the USSR.
(c) Egypt was not prepared to fight the U.S.
(d) Egypt lost his main army corp.
10. What did the Palestinian organization realize in the 1990s, according to Part VI pp 478-529?
(a) Israel cannot be destroyed.
(b) The United States was the real master in the Middle East.
(c) Other Arab nations didn't really care about their fight.
(d) Israel can be destroyed.
11. What problems did Kedouri examine?
(a) Problems between Arab and Israelis.
(b) Problems between the PLO and other Arab organizations.
(c) Problems between the PLO and Israel.
(d) Problems between U.S and Egypt.
12. When did Hosni Mubarak become president of Egypt?
13. When was the Israel- Egypt peace treaty ratified?
(a) March 26, 1980.
(b) March 26, 1979.
(c) March 26, 1977.
(d) March 26, 1978.
14. When did the intifada leader issue a statement?
(a) June-July, 1988.
(b) April-May, 1988.
(c) May-June, 1988.
15. What did the Likud Coalition call the PLO?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who supported the peace proposals of President Habib Bourguiba and King Fahd?
2. What was Boutros Bpoutros-Ghali's role according to Part V pp 430-477?
3. What did Mahmoud Darwish say as he resign from the PLO?
4. When did Secretary of State George Schulz discuss the conflict in Lebanon and how it threatens Israeli security?
5. When did the intifada begin?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)