|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the only course of action for the entire region?
(b) Total war.
(c) United Nation intervention.
(d) United States intervention.
2. What policy did the Anglo-American Committee contain?
3. Who was the British Prime minister in 1931?
4. Who was the Chairman of the Executive of the Jewish Agency in 1939?
(a) David Ben Gurion.
(b) David Hamberg.
(c) Karl Staberg.
(d) Joseph Kramer.
5. When did the Syrian Ba'th Party stress the importance of a unified policy concerning the struggle for Palestine?
6. Who appointed the King-Crane Commission?
(a) The French government.
(b) The British Government.
(c) The Jewish Council.
(d) President Wilson.
7. What was Yizhak Rabin's former role?
(a) Mossad director.
(b) Communication minister.
(d) Chief of Staff.
8. What would the cease fire line of 1967 be a source of according to Hassanain Haykal?
(b) A new country.
9. Who called for the total withdrawal of Israel from the territories occupied during the war in response of U.N. Resolution 242?
(a) The U.S.
(b) The Soviet Union.
(d) The U.K.
10. Who was Egypt president in 1973?
(b) Anwar Sadat.
11. What did Arabs oppose?
(a) Jewish makeing more that 5% of the population.
(b) Jewish participating in the rulling body of an Arab state.
(c) A common Jewish-Arab country.
(d) Any kind of partition.
12. When was U.N. Resolution 242 written?
13. What was Ahmed Shukairy's profession?
14. Who told the story of Dr. Arthur Ruppin?
(a) Moshe Dayan.
(b) Robert Ingals.
(c) David Raberg.
(d) Joseph Kramer.
15. Who dominated the Middle East, according to Hassanain Haykal?
(b) The USSR.
(c) The U.S.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the British mandate in Palestine, according to Part II pp. 38-72?
2. When was the Anglo-American Committee of Inquiry formed according o Part II pp. 72-103?
3. Where were the British suppose to leave Palestine?
4. What was required for the liberation of Palestine?
5. When did Egyptian armies have Israel's army in retreat?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)