|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who dominated the Middle East, according to Hassanain Haykal?
(b) The U.S.
(d) The USSR.
2. What was another name for the Fatah?
(a) The Palestinian Army of Liberation.
(b) The Palestian Freedom Army.
(c) Palestine National Liberation Movement.
(d) The Palestinain Front.
3. When did the General Syrian Congress answer to the King-Crane Commission?
4. Where were many concentration camp survivors living at the time of the report of the Anglo-American Committee?
(a) In Russia.
(b) In relocation camp.
(c) In France.
(d) In the concentration camp.
5. When was the Peel Commission created?
6. What was Jerusalem made by the U.N.?
(a) An international city.
(b) The Jewish capital.
(c) A free Zone.
(d) The Palestinian capital.
7. The Palestine National Charter expressed the right of __________.
(a) Homeland for both Jews and Palestinians.
(b) Homeland for rich Palestinians.
(c) Homeland for all people.
(d) Homeland for the Palestinian people.
8. What would be the best defense against Israel according to Ahmed Baha Ed-Dine?
(a) For Palestine to get weapons of mass destruction.
(b) For Palestine to get a strong allie.
(c) For Palestine to be absorbed by Jordan.
(d) For Palestine to become a state.
9. Who told the story of Dr. Arthur Ruppin?
(a) Moshe Dayan.
(b) Robert Ingals.
(c) David Raberg.
(d) Joseph Kramer.
10. What was the refugee problem created by according to Abba Eban?
(a) Building material shortages.
(b) Arab aggression of 1947 and 1948.
(d) Food shortage.
11. Where were the British suppose to leave Palestine?
(a) August 1, 1951.
(b) August 1, 1950.
(c) August 1, 1949.
(d) August 1, 1948.
12. What did the Fatah distinguish between?
(a) The destruction of the state of Israel and its people.
(b) The rights of Arabs and Jews.
(c) The creation of a Palestianian state and democracy.
(d) Pure and non-pure individuals.
13. What organization was charted in 1963?
(a) Palestine Liberation Organization.
(b) Palestinian Freedom Organization.
(c) Popular front of Palestine.
(d) Palestinian Front.
14. Who supported the idea of a Jewish state in Palestine?
15. What would the cease fire line of 1967 be a source of according to Hassanain Haykal?
(a) A new country.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the goal of Arab militarism according to the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine?
2. What does a British policy commission recommends against in 1938?
3. What did Hassanain Haykal say makes the U.S. unlikely to try to find solution to the Palestinian problem?
4. Who appointed the King-Crane Commission?
5. What did the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine feel the guerrilla movement lack?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)