|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Egyptian armies have Israel's army in retreat?
2. What did Hassanain Haykal say makes the U.S. unlikely to try to find solution to the Palestinian problem?
(a) Lack of Arabs in the high levels of the U.S. government.
(b) Israel superior military forces.
(c) Israel lobbying money.
(d) Israel money.
3. When did the Knesset passe the Law of Return?
(a) July 5, 1953.
(b) July 5, 1952.
(c) July 5, 1950.
(d) July 5, 1951.
4. What territories did Israel agree to withdrawn from in U.N. Resolution 242?
(a) Those following the Six Day War.
(b) Jordanian ones.
(c) Negotiated ones.
(d) Egyptian ones.
5. What was another name for the Fatah?
(a) The Palestian Freedom Army.
(b) The Palestinain Front.
(c) The Palestinian Army of Liberation.
(d) Palestine National Liberation Movement.
6. Who supported the idea of a Jewish state in Palestine?
7. What was the Peel Commission created to investigate?
(a) Jewish terrorism.
(b) Arab riots.
(c) Jewish riots.
(d) Arab terrorism.
8. For what reason did Abba Eban address the United Nations?
(b) Palestinian rights.
(c) Refugee campl.
(d) The Six Day War.
9. What did Ruppin conclude?
(a) Arab and Jew elites are the one perpetuating the war.
(b) Arabs and Jews would reconcile.
(c) Jews will always be at war with the Arabs.
(d) Israel is as much to blame as Arabs.
10. Why do the British want the Jewish immigration to be controlled?
(a) To not tax the limited food supply.
(b) To allow new comers to be absorbed by the local economy.
(c) To please the Arabs.
(d) To allow for Arabs to acclimate to the changes.
11. Who defended the right for Arabs to regain their land from Israel?
(a) Hussein of Jordan.
(c) Golda Meir.
12. Who promoted terrorism against Israel?
13. What did the most of the educated and most competent Palestinians do, according to Ahmed Baha Ed-Dine?
(b) Immigrated to different countries.
(c) Lost hope.
(d) Became Fatah executives.
14. Who backed the Arabs, according to Abba Eban?
(a) The Soviet Union.
(c) The OPEP.
15. How long of a transitional period did the U.N. set to create provisional governments?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 4 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the basis of the Fatah's creation?
2. What organization was charted in 1963?
3. Who was promoting a Jewish state and founded Zionism?
4. When did the U.N. call for Egypt not to interfere with commerce through the Suez Canal?
5. When did Ahmed Shukairy address the United Nations on the issue of refugees?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)