|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the Peel Commission created?
2. What did the British pledge to support?
(a) Arab independence.
(b) Unlimited Jewish immigration.
(c) The Partition of Palestine.
(d) Full control of Palestine by the Jews.
3. How many Jews were allowed to get into Palestine by the White Paper of 1939?
4. What was required for the liberation of Palestine?
(a) Soviet Intervention.
(b) Armed conflict.
(c) U.N. intervention.
5. When did Israel declare independence according to Part III 107-158?
(a) May 14, 1948.
(b) May 14, 1950.
(c) May 14, 1947.
(d) May 14, 1949
6. For what reason did Abba Eban address the United Nations?
(b) The Six Day War.
(c) Palestinian rights.
(d) Refugee campl.
7. Who appointed the King-Crane Commission?
(a) President Wilson.
(b) The French government.
(c) The Jewish Council.
(d) The British Government.
8. What did Hassanain Haykal reveal in the high level Arab leaders?
(a) Sense of history.
9. What did the Anglo-American Committee hope would curb hostility between Jews and Arabs in Palestine?
(a) Two countries.
(b) Equal access to American subsidies.
(c) Equalizing the disparity in standards of living.
(d) Gated communities.
10. What was Ahmed Shukairy's profession?
11. What did the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine feel the guerrilla movement lack?
(b) Revolutionary ideology.
(c) International recognition.
12. When did the Arabs begin discussion of secession from the Ottoman Empire?
13. Who was Egypt president in 1973?
(c) Anwar Sadat.
14. What was the basis of the Palestinian struggle, according to the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine?
(a) Class struggle.
(b) Religion war.
(c) Racial equality.
(d) Land war.
15. Who told the story of Dr. Arthur Ruppin?
(a) Moshe Dayan.
(b) Robert Ingals.
(c) David Raberg.
(d) Joseph Kramer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the refugee problem created by according to Abba Eban?
2. How long of a transitional period did the U.N. set to create provisional governments?
3. What does the Peel Commission recommend?
4. How many agencies did the founder of Zionism want to create to help the Jews emigrate?
5. When was the Manifesto of the United Arab Republic published?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)