|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, pp. 258-303.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Syrian Ba'th Party stress the importance of a unified policy concerning the struggle for Palestine?
2. What did the Fatah distinguish between?
(a) The creation of a Palestianian state and democracy.
(b) Pure and non-pure individuals.
(c) The destruction of the state of Israel and its people.
(d) The rights of Arabs and Jews.
3. What was required for the liberation of Palestine?
(a) Armed conflict.
(b) Soviet Intervention.
(c) U.N. intervention.
4. What does a British policy commission recommends against in 1938?
(a) Immigration of Jews.
(b) Partition of Palestine.
(c) Palestine as one state.
(d) Support to Arab independence.
5. Why would Israel need to change its tactics, according to Hassanain Haykal?
(a) Fights would move to densely populated areas.
(b) Palestinians would get better weapons.
(c) There was no longer any regular army to fight.
(d) Bad press due to civilian killings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the most of the educated and most competent Palestinians do, according to Ahmed Baha Ed-Dine?
2. When did the British ask the U.N. to consider the Palestine problem?
3. Who was the Chairman of the Executive of the Jewish Agency in 1939?
4. When did the Knesset passe the Law of Return?
5. When did Israel declare independence according to Part III 107-158?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)