|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, pp. 258-303.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the Anglo-American Committee of Inquiry formed according o Part II pp. 72-103?
2. What did the Anglo-American Committee hope would curb hostility between Jews and Arabs in Palestine?
(a) Equalizing the disparity in standards of living.
(b) Two countries.
(c) Gated communities.
(d) Equal access to American subsidies.
3. What did the British pledge to support?
(a) Arab independence.
(b) The Partition of Palestine.
(c) Unlimited Jewish immigration.
(d) Full control of Palestine by the Jews.
4. When was the Manifesto of the United Arab Republic published?
(a) April, 1966.
(b) April, 1965.
(c) April, 1963.
(d) April, 1964
5. Where were many concentration camp survivors living at the time of the report of the Anglo-American Committee?
(a) In France.
(b) In the concentration camp.
(c) In relocation camp.
(d) In Russia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Egypt president in 1973?
2. What was the only course of action for the entire region?
3. Who was the Chairman of the Executive of the Jewish Agency in 1939?
4. When did Nasser move his troops in the Sinai to block Israel from using the waterway?
5. What did Ruppin conclude?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)