|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, pp. 258-303.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wanted the Arab nation to be a land where everyone had equal rights and freedom of religion?
(a) Mohammed Akam.
(b) Negib Azouri.
(c) Agibd Mohatam.
(d) Hasan Makim.
2. Why did the Fatah reject the U.N. resolution?
(a) It required coexistence between Jews and Arabs.
(b) It claimed it ignores the rights of the Palestinian people.
(c) It left Israel untouched.
(d) It did not create a country for Palestinians.
3. Who appointed the King-Crane Commission?
(a) The Jewish Council.
(b) President Wilson.
(c) The British Government.
(d) The French government.
4. What did U.N. Resolution 242 call for?
(a) Peace negotiations.
(b) The incorporation of Palestine into Israel.
(c) Recogntion of a Palestianian state.
(d) AU.N mandate in Israel.
5. What was required for the liberation of Palestine?
(a) U.N. intervention.
(b) Armed conflict.
(c) Soviet Intervention.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who called for the total withdrawal of Israel from the territories occupied during the war in response of U.N. Resolution 242?
2. Who wrote the "White Paper"?
3. What did the Arabs want to halt the Jewish immigration and the transfer of land until?
4. Who dominated the Middle East, according to Hassanain Haykal?
5. When did the U.N. call for Egypt not to interfere with commerce through the Suez Canal?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)