|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, pp. 107-158.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the British ask the U.N. to consider the Palestine problem?
(a) Feb 14, 1949.
(b) Feb 14, 1946.
(c) Feb 14, 1948.
(d) Feb 14, 1947.
2. Where were many concentration camp survivors living at the time of the report of the Anglo-American Committee?
(a) In relocation camp.
(b) In France.
(c) In Russia.
(d) In the concentration camp.
3. Why do the British want the Jewish immigration to be controlled?
(a) To please the Arabs.
(b) To allow for Arabs to acclimate to the changes.
(c) To allow new comers to be absorbed by the local economy.
(d) To not tax the limited food supply.
4. What policy did the Anglo-American Committee contain?
5. What did Arabs oppose?
(a) A common Jewish-Arab country.
(b) Any kind of partition.
(c) Jewish makeing more that 5% of the population.
(d) Jewish participating in the rulling body of an Arab state.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the refugee problem created by according to Abba Eban?
2. When was the Balfour declaration according to Part 1, pp. 2-36?
3. What did the Arabs want to halt the Jewish immigration and the transfer of land until?
4. Who wrote the "White Paper"?
5. Who adopted the Basle Declaration?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)