|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, pp. 107-158.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What policy did the Anglo-American Committee contain?
2. Who appointed the King-Crane Commission?
(a) The French government.
(b) The British Government.
(c) The Jewish Council.
(d) President Wilson.
3. When did the General Syrian Congress answer to the King-Crane Commission?
4. Who was promoting a Jewish state and founded Zionism?
(a) David Ben Gurion.
(b) Karl Rosenberg.
(c) Theodor Herzl.
(d) Joseph Coen.
5. Who was the Chairman of the Executive of the Jewish Agency in 1939?
(a) Karl Staberg.
(b) Joseph Kramer.
(c) David Ben Gurion.
(d) David Hamberg.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Peel Commission recommend?
2. What did the Anglo-American Committee hope would curb hostility between Jews and Arabs in Palestine?
3. How many Jews were allowed to get into Palestine by the White Paper of 1939?
4. What was Jerusalem made by the U.N.?
5. When did Israel declare independence according to Part III 107-158?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)