|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, pp. 107-158.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were many concentration camp survivors living at the time of the report of the Anglo-American Committee?
(a) In the concentration camp.
(b) In France.
(c) In relocation camp.
(d) In Russia.
2. When was the Balfour declaration according to Part 1, pp. 2-36?
3. Beside Palestine, what other location does the founder of Zionism think would be suitable for a Jewish state?
4. What does a British policy commission recommends against in 1938?
(a) Support to Arab independence.
(b) Partition of Palestine.
(c) Immigration of Jews.
(d) Palestine as one state.
5. Who was the Chairman of the Executive of the Jewish Agency in 1939?
(a) Joseph Kramer.
(b) David Hamberg.
(c) Karl Staberg.
(d) David Ben Gurion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who supported the idea of a Jewish state in Palestine?
2. When did Ahmed Shukairy address the United Nations on the issue of refugees?
3. What was Jerusalem made by the U.N.?
4. When did Nasser move his troops in the Sinai to block Israel from using the waterway?
5. Who adopted the Basle Declaration?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)