|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, pp. 107-158.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What policy did the Anglo-American Committee contain?
2. Why do the British want the Jewish immigration to be controlled?
(a) To allow new comers to be absorbed by the local economy.
(b) To allow for Arabs to acclimate to the changes.
(c) To not tax the limited food supply.
(d) To please the Arabs.
3. What did the Law of Return allow?
(a) For Jewish to return to their origine country for free.
(b) Any jews to immigrate to Israel.
(c) For Jewish to get a home vacationin Israel.
(d) For the Arab displaced by the war to return home.
4. How many Jews were allowed to get into Palestine by the White Paper of 1939?
5. When did the U.N. call for Egypt not to interfere with commerce through the Suez Canal?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Arabs begin discussion of secession from the Ottoman Empire?
2. What did Arabs oppose?
3. What was Jerusalem made by the U.N.?
4. Who was the Chairman of the Executive of the Jewish Agency in 1939?
5. How many agencies did the founder of Zionism want to create to help the Jews emigrate?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)