|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, pp. 72-103.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Anglo-American Committee of Inquiry publish its report?
(a) May 1, 1949.
(b) May 1, 1946.
(c) May 1, 1947.
(d) May 1, 1948.
2. What did the Arabs feel a free Arab state would do?
(a) Guarantee the rights of the Jews.
(b) Make the Jewish leave.
(c) Free them from the Jewish influence.
(d) Satisfy the U.N.
3. What did the Arabs want to halt the Jewish immigration and the transfer of land until?
(a) Institution of a Palestinian and Jewish state.
(b) Institution of a self government in Palestine.
(c) The first U.N council.
(d) The departure of the British.
4. When did the General Syrian Congress answer to the King-Crane Commission?
5. Who was the Chairman of the Executive of the Jewish Agency in 1939?
(a) Joseph Kramer.
(b) David Ben Gurion.
(c) David Hamberg.
(d) Karl Staberg.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Anglo-American Committee hope would curb hostility between Jews and Arabs in Palestine?
2. Beside Palestine, what other location does the founder of Zionism think would be suitable for a Jewish state?
3. Who adopted the Basle Declaration?
4. When was the Peel Commission created?
5. When was the Basle Declaration done?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)