|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, pp. 340-382.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Knesset passe the Law of Return?
(a) July 5, 1951.
(b) July 5, 1950.
(c) July 5, 1953.
(d) July 5, 1952.
2. What did the most of the educated and most competent Palestinians do, according to Ahmed Baha Ed-Dine?
(a) Lost hope.
(c) Immigrated to different countries.
(d) Became Fatah executives.
3. What happened when Israel declare independence?
(a) Various Arab countries enter Palestine.
(b) USSR started shipping weapons to Arab leaders.
(c) USSR started shipping weapon to Israel.
(d) Palestinian declared their independence.
4. What did the Arabs have to accept before negotiation could take place?
(a) The existence of Israel.
(b) They lost the war.
(c) They should accept whatever is given to them.
(d) They are not in position to make many demands.
5. What did U.N. Resolution 242 call for?
(a) Recogntion of a Palestianian state.
(b) AU.N mandate in Israel.
(c) The incorporation of Palestine into Israel.
(d) Peace negotiations.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who called for the total withdrawal of Israel from the territories occupied during the war in response of U.N. Resolution 242?
2. Who backed the Arabs, according to Abba Eban?
3. What was the only course of action for the entire region?
4. What organization was charted in 1963?
5. What did Hassanain Haykal say makes the U.S. unlikely to try to find solution to the Palestinian problem?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)