|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, pp. 340-382.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Egypt president in 1973?
(b) Anwar Sadat.
2. What did Hassanain Haykal say makes the U.S. unlikely to try to find solution to the Palestinian problem?
(a) Israel lobbying money.
(b) Lack of Arabs in the high levels of the U.S. government.
(c) Israel money.
(d) Israel superior military forces.
3. What did the Arabs have to accept before negotiation could take place?
(a) They are not in position to make many demands.
(b) They should accept whatever is given to them.
(c) The existence of Israel.
(d) They lost the war.
4. What was the only course of action for the entire region?
(b) United Nation intervention.
(c) Total war.
(d) United States intervention.
5. Who wrote U.N. Resolution 242?
(a) David Ben Gurion.
(b) Gedeon Rafael.
(c) Ronald Stanbrik.
(d) Markus Estenberg.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would the cease fire line of 1967 be a source of according to Hassanain Haykal?
2. What did Walter Laqueur analyze?
3. What did Hassanain Haykal reveal in the high level Arab leaders?
4. When did Nasser move his troops in the Sinai to block Israel from using the waterway?
5. For what reason did Abba Eban address the United Nations?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)