|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part VI, pp. 478-529.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the new Israeli government willing to do for peace?
(a) Limit military actions in Palestinian territory.
(b) Recognize the Palestinian state.
(c) Make territorial concessions.
2. Who tried to negotiate with the PLO between 1982 and 1987?
(a) The U.S.
3. When did the Knesset passe the Law of Return?
(a) July 5, 1952.
(b) July 5, 1950.
(c) July 5, 1951.
(d) July 5, 1953.
4. What happened when Israel declare independence?
(a) Palestinian declared their independence.
(b) USSR started shipping weapon to Israel.
(c) USSR started shipping weapons to Arab leaders.
(d) Various Arab countries enter Palestine.
5. When did the intifada leader issue a statement?
(b) April-May, 1988.
(c) June-July, 1988.
(d) May-June, 1988.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the U.N. call for Egypt not to interfere with commerce through the Suez Canal?
2. When did Ahmed Shukairy address the United Nations on the issue of refugees?
3. When did Israel declare independence according to Part III 107-158?
4. When did the PLO Executive Committee praise the action of those participating in the intifada?
5. What did Sadat claim Israel engaged in?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)