Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Oligarchy do to prevent the Socialists from gaining a majority in Chapter 13?
2. In her remembrances, who does Avis think and write about that were sympathizers to her cause in Chapter 20?
3. Where does the person who is preaching get sent to for his sermon in Chapter 12?
4. Who do the socialists drive out of power in Chapter 14?
5. What group exists between the abandoned proletariat and the favored unions in Chapter 16?
Essay Topic 1
Jack London is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphors and irony, briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
Essay Topic 2
Avis and Everhard are two of the most active characters.
Part 1) What is their relationship? How do they co-exist and how do they interact? What is similar about them and what is different?
Part 2) What are some events that Avis had a direct influence upon? What are some events that Everhard had a direct influence upon?
Part 3) Which character offers support to the group? Which one is stronger and why?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Mr. Wickson. What is his role in the story? What was the author trying to accomplish by creating the Wickon's character in the novel?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)