|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the two circumstances of time in discussion in the Iron Heel?
2. Who manipulated the trial in favor of the company instead of Jackson?
3. How does the anti-revolutionary movement change in Chapter 9?
4. Who does the Bishop say has drifted from Christ's teaching of compassion?
5. What did the room where the dinner event was held in Chapter 1 consist mainly of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the two-tiered future described in the Iron Heel?
2. What does the Iron Heel reveal about workers according to Franklin?
3. Describe the journalist's interaction with Avis about the Jackson case.
4. Describe Cunningham.
5. What does Everhard predict about the Bishop that comes true?
6. Describe Mr. Wickhard's argument and why Everhard agrees with him.
7. Why does Wickhard offer Everhard a job?
8. Describe Bishop Morehouse's speech.
9. Describe Meredith's comments on the Oligarchy.
10. What does Everhard argue effectively about at the dinner party?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one iteration on the motif of life-death-life. Identify at least two motifs about life-death-life in Iron Heel. Then cite an example to support each answer.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Avis. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her at this point in her life?
Essay Topic 3
Dr. Cunningham and the Bishop are two important characters that interact and experience significant suffering.
Part 1) What is their relationship? How do they co-exist and how do they interact? What is similar about them and what is different?
Part 2) What are some events that Dr. Cunningham had a direct influence upon? What are some events that Bishop had a direct influence upon?
Part 3) Which character offers support to the group? Which one is stronger and why? What happens to each character?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)