|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the room where the dinner event was held in Chapter 1 consist mainly of?
2. What did speaker after speaker do to Everhard during his speech in Chapter 4?
3. Where does Jackson live?
4. Who does the group that Everhard speak to in Chapter 4 comprise?
5. How does the anti-revolutionary movement change in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the impending conflict Avis begins to experience in Chapter 6.
2. What does the contemporary author H. Bruce Franklin describe about London?
3. What does Everhard predict about the Bishop that comes true?
4. Describe Avis' ongoing investigation of Jackson's life circumstances.
5. Describe Cunningham.
6. What does the Iron Heel reveal about workers according to Franklin?
7. What is the comparison that Everhard makes of small business owners to machine breakers and why?
8. Describe Avis' actions to uncover the truth about Jackson.
9. Describe Avis' interaction with the company lawyer.
10. Describe Meredith's comments on the Oligarchy.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Iron Heel is a classic dystopian novel. What does that classification entail? Why does this novel fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the significance of the novel's title. What did the author mean by calling the book Iron Heel? Cite an example to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Describe some of the settings for Iron Heel. What is the overall setting? Be sure to include geography, time period and any pertinent popular culture events. Why did the author choose to use these places in Iron Heel?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)