Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the failure of what did idealism suffer damage according to Meredith?
2. In what sectors is the group that Everhard speaks to in Chapter 4 leaders in?
3. Who should share equally in both the responsibilities and the rewards according to London?
4. What does Avis call Everhard?
5. Who did Everhard find complicit in the capitalist system?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the essential conflict of the Iron Heel.
2. Describe Avis' actions to uncover the truth about Jackson.
3. Describe the conflict of the people of the abyss.
4. Why does Avis call Everhard an eagle?
5. Describe Wickson's son.
6. How does Avis' perspective become distant and objective during the conflict in the city?
7. Describe the appeal of Biblical faith and prophecy to many of the abandoned proletariat.
8. Why is it important to be vigilant in society in the Introduction?
9. Why is Bishop Morehouse becoming a martyr of sorts?
10. Describe Cunningham.
Create a brief character study of Avis. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her at this point in her life?
Iron Heel is written primarily in the first-person point of view of Avis. Is this point of view more or less effective than telling the story from the third-persona and omniscient perspective? Explain.
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the story. Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)