|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Avis take refuge in Chapter 18?
(a) Santa Barbara.
(b) San Francisco.
(c) San Marin.
2. What interrupts the speech in Chapter 17?
3. Who suppresses Dr. Cunningham's book's publication?
4. Who is willing to destroy the influence of another group through political and violent confrontation in Chapter 16?
(b) Fighting Groups.
5. Who ironically owns the area that Avis takes refuge in in Chapter 18?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the revolutionary that helps Avis set up her home in the woods in Chapter 19?
2. What is the next uprising that Everhard is planning called in Chapter 25?
3. What does Avis see rising "more ominously in the heavens" as she and a fellow agent move further into the city in Chapter 24?
4. What two countries go to war in Chapter 13?
5. What is the name of Avis' alternative personality in Chapter 20?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is ironic about Avis' new dwelling after the riots?
2. Why was Everhard and others sent to prison or executed?
3. Describe the effect of the workers' strike.
4. Describe the appeal of Biblical faith and prophecy to many of the abandoned proletariat.
5. Describe how the bomb is thrown in front of Congress.
6. Describe the Oligarchy's intention towards the Grangers.
7. Describe the conflict of the people of the abyss.
8. What does Avis witness in the city that alarms her?
9. What happened to Bishop Morehouse when he began to preach again?
10. Describe Wickson's son.
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)