|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Avis and Everhard travel out of Chicago in Chapter 25?
(a) By bus.
(b) By car.
(c) By subway.
(d) By train.
2. What do the revolutionists destroy of the Mercenaries in Chapter 24?
3. Who are the people of the abyss in Chapter 24?
(a) The dancing revolutionaries.
(b) The industrialists of the Mercenaries.
(c) The working/poor classes not afﬁliated with the Favored Unions.
(d) The Oligarch fools.
4. What is Avis alerted of in the footnotes of the last section of the book?
(a) An upcoming mercenary raid.
(b) A bloody massacre.
(c) A revolutionary war.
(d) An insurgent uprising.
5. What is the Oligarchy beginning to crush through violence in Chapter 10?
(a) The worker.
(b) The revolution.
(c) The preacher.
(d) The leader.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Avis disguised as when she escaped the prison in Chapter 18?
2. What interrupts the speech in Chapter 17?
3. What group instigates the riots in Chapter 20?
4. Where do many proletariats perish as they believed in the end times in Chapter 15?
5. Despite running through murderous mobs, taking refuge under piles of dead bodies, and coming near to death herself, what does Avis feel she can do in Chapter 24?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Avis' perspective become distant and objective during the conflict in the city?
2. What happened soon after Everhard got elected to Congress?
3. Describe the seamstress.
4. Describe the three oligarchies Avis says were created through the favored unions.
5. Describe the effect Cunningham's book has on socialist publications and the revolution.
6. Describe the Fighting Groups.
7. Describe what happened to the cave in the future and its importance in the story of Avis and Everhard.
8. What happened to Bishop Morehouse when he began to preach again?
9. Describe the development of Avis and Everhard's relationship.
10. Describe what happened to Avis after the bombing.
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)