|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how many months is Avis imprisoned without charge in Chapter 17?
2. Where does Avis take refuge in Chapter 18?
(a) San Francisco.
(c) San Marin.
(d) Santa Barbara.
3. Who offers a bribe in Chapter 11?
4. Who does Avis think was behind the interruption of the speech in Chapter 16?
5. Who makes a speech in defense of a bill in Chapter 17?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the United States lead in collusion with Canada and South America in Chapter 15?
2. When an alliance is forged between the two countries, how is it broken in Chapter 13?
3. Who receives potatoes that Avis witnesses in Chapter 12?
4. Who humbly ministers the poor in Chapter 12?
5. What later buries the cave several hundred years later in Chapter 19?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Wickson's son.
2. Describe how the bomb is thrown in front of Congress.
3. What is ironic about Avis' new dwelling after the riots?
4. Describe the effect of the workers' strike.
5. What does Avis witness in the city that alarms her?
6. Describe the Oligarchy's control of the unions in the United States.
7. How was the First Revolt supposed to begin?
8. How does Avis' perspective become distant and objective during the conflict in the city?
9. Describe what happened to the cave in the future and its importance in the story of Avis and Everhard.
10. Describe what happened to Avis after the bombing.
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)