|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After refusing to take a bribe, who loses his home, wealth and influence in Chapter 11?
(a) Dr. Cunningham.
2. What event is shrouded in mystery for seven centuries that is mentioned in the last section of the book?
(a) The execution of Ernest Everhard.
(b) The death of Avis.
(c) The massacre of the Oligarchs.
(d) The birth of the new Mercenaries.
3. Who is Avis willing to work in alliance with in Washington in Chapter 16?
(d) Fighting Groups.
4. Where does Avis take refuge in Chapter 18?
(a) Santa Barbara.
(c) San Marin.
(d) San Francisco.
5. What group exists between the abandoned proletariat and the favored unions in Chapter 16?
(c) Iron Heel spies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who makes clandestine plans with prison guards while Avis was in prison in Chapter 18?
2. What is Avis disguised as when she escaped the prison in Chapter 18?
3. What is the person who humbly ministers the poor call his or her work terrified of in Chapter 12?
4. What interrupts the speech in Chapter 17?
5. Who suppresses Dr. Cunningham's book's publication?
Short Essay Questions
1. What bribe does Cunningham refuse and what effect does it have on his life?
2. Describe the development of Avis and Everhard's relationship.
3. What happened to prevent the rebellion of the First Revolt and stop the revolutionaries?
4. Describe Wickson's son.
5. Describe the three oligarchies Avis says were created through the favored unions.
6. Describe the conflict of the people of the abyss.
7. Describe the effect Cunningham's book has on socialist publications and the revolution.
8. Describe the seamstress.
9. Describe the Grangers.
10. Describe the effect of the workers' strike.
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)