|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the condemned criminal that actually committed the crime in Chapter 17?
2. What are the two lives that Avis has lived in Chapter 19?
(a) Proletarian and Oligarchian.
(b) Nazi and anti-Nazi.
(c) Anarchist and Communist.
(d) Socialite and socialist.
3. What do many of the abandoned proletariat turn to find meaning in Chapter 15?
(a) Socialist actions.
(b) Communist books.
(c) Biblical faith.
(d) Revolutionist speeches.
4. What is untouched and unharmed that belonged to the Oligarchs during the rampage in Chapter 24?
5. Who do the socialists drive out of power in Chapter 14?
(a) American spies.
(b) Russian communists.
(c) French mercenaries.
(d) Warlord governor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Avis see rising "more ominously in the heavens" as she and a fellow agent move further into the city in Chapter 24?
2. What group's members become separated by a higher lifestyle, thus creating a caste system in Chapter 15?
3. What do the abandoned proletariat wait for in Chapter 15?
4. What are some the fragments of nightmarish memories Avis retains of her night in Chicago in Chapter 25?
5. Who is willing to destroy the influence of another group through political and violent confrontation in Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the effect of the workers' strike.
2. What is ironic about Avis' new dwelling after the riots?
3. Describe Avis' remembrance of Jackson and the people affected by his case.
4. What bribe does Cunningham refuse and what effect does it have on his life?
5. Describe the conflict of the people of the abyss.
6. Why was Everhard and others sent to prison or executed?
7. How did Avis submerge her identity?
8. What happened to Bishop Morehouse when he began to preach again?
9. Describe the appeal of Biblical faith and prophecy to many of the abandoned proletariat.
10. How is the truth about the bombing ultimately discovered?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)