|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how many months is Avis imprisoned without charge in Chapter 17?
2. Who preaches a sermon that invokes the ire of the Oligarchy?
3. What country becomes an oligarchy on its own after a social revolution in Chapter 15?
4. What is the name of Avis' alternative personality in Chapter 20?
5. What two countries go to war in Chapter 13?
(a) United States and Germany.
(b) Russia and France.
(c) United States and Russia.
(d) Germany and Russia.
Short Answer Questions
1. After refusing to take a bribe, who loses his home, wealth and influence in Chapter 11?
2. Who begins to speak derisively of the Oligarchy at the event in Chapter 17?
3. What does the speech defend and support in Chapter 17?
4. Who does Dr. Cunningham meet in San Francisco in Chapter 16?
5. What is the person who humbly ministers the poor call his or her work terrified of in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what happened when Everhard was giving a speech in defense of a bill attended by many soldiers in scarlet livery.
2. What happened to prevent the rebellion of the First Revolt and stop the revolutionaries?
3. Describe the Oligarchy's intention towards the Grangers.
4. What happened to Bishop Morehouse when he began to preach again?
5. Describe the Bishop's new occupation and the reasons for doing so.
6. Describe what happened to Avis after the bombing.
7. What is ironic about Avis' new dwelling after the riots?
8. Describe what happened to the cave in the future and its importance in the story of Avis and Everhard.
9. How does Avis' perspective become distant and objective during the conflict in the city?
10. What does Avis witness in the city that alarms her?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)