|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who makes clandestine plans with prison guards while Avis was in prison in Chapter 18?
2. Who suppresses Dr. Cunningham's book's publication?
3. What is the next uprising that Everhard is planning called in Chapter 25?
(a) Underground Affair.
(c) Second Revolution.
(d) Second Revolt.
4. Who does Everhard comment is getting bolder in Chapter 10?
(c) Iron Heel.
5. What is to begin with a simultaneous, country-wide strike against the pillars of the Oligarchy's social and political structure in Chapter 22?
(a) Proletariat Dominance.
(b) First Revolt.
(c) Chicago Commune.
(d) Oligarch Resurgence.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the terrorist groups originate from in Chapter 25?
2. What is the name of Avis' father's book?
3. What is the name of Avis' alternative personality in Chapter 20?
4. Who is the revolutionary that helps Avis set up her home in the woods in Chapter 19?
5. Who is believed dead but Avis notices during the riots in Chapter 20?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Avis submerge her identity?
2. What happened to prevent the rebellion of the First Revolt and stop the revolutionaries?
3. Describe how the bomb is thrown in front of Congress.
4. Describe the development of Avis and Everhard's relationship.
5. Describe the conflict of the people of the abyss.
6. What bribe does Cunningham refuse and what effect does it have on his life?
7. Why was Everhard and others sent to prison or executed?
8. Describe the appeal of Biblical faith and prophecy to many of the abandoned proletariat.
9. Describe the seamstress.
10. Describe what happens to Avis and Everhard in the end of the novel.
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)