|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What interrupts the speech in Chapter 17?
2. Who does Dr. Cunningham meet in San Francisco in Chapter 16?
3. Who is the revolutionary that helps Avis set up her home in the woods in Chapter 19?
4. For how many months is Avis imprisoned without charge in Chapter 17?
5. Who do the socialists drive out of power in Chapter 14?
(a) American spies.
(b) Warlord governor.
(c) Russian communists.
(d) French mercenaries.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the terrorist groups originate from in Chapter 25?
2. After the mass escape of jailed socialists, who is Avis reunited with in Chapter 20?
3. In whose arms does Everhard seek comfort in in Chapter 15?
4. Who is Avis willing to work in alliance with in Washington in Chapter 16?
5. What does the speech defend and support in Chapter 17?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the effect of the workers' strike.
2. Describe the Bishop's new occupation and the reasons for doing so.
3. Describe the Oligarchy's control of the unions in the United States.
4. Describe the seamstress.
5. What is ironic about Avis' new dwelling after the riots?
6. What bribe does Cunningham refuse and what effect does it have on his life?
7. What happened to prevent the rebellion of the First Revolt and stop the revolutionaries?
8. Describe what happened to Avis after the bombing.
9. Describe Avis' remembrance of Jackson and the people affected by his case.
10. How does Avis' perspective become distant and objective during the conflict in the city?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)