|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Avis become a partner to in life and work through attention and support in Chapter 11?
2. Where do the terrorist groups originate from in Chapter 25?
(a) Members of the Grangers and Mercenaries.
(b) Surviving members of the Patriarchs.
(c) Members of the Oligarchs and Proletariats.
(d) Surviving members of both the revolutionists and the people of the abyss.
3. Where does the person who is preaching get sent to for his sermon in Chapter 12?
(a) An asylum for the insane.
(b) A detention facility.
(c) A prison for the handicapped.
(d) A hospital for the physically inept.
4. When the Oligarchy gets word of the impending revolt, where do they plan a preventive strike in Chapter 23?
(c) Ann Arbor.
(d) New York.
5. What do the abandoned proletariat wait for in Chapter 15?
(a) Twelfth Coming.
(b) Second Coming.
(c) Third Coming.
(d) First Coming.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the violent, secret side of the Revolution in Chapter 16?
2. Who humbly ministers the poor in Chapter 12?
3. What group's members become separated by a higher lifestyle, thus creating a caste system in Chapter 15?
4. What is the Oligarchy beginning to crush through violence in Chapter 10?
5. What interrupts the speech in Chapter 17?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was the First Revolt supposed to begin?
2. Describe Wickson's son.
3. Describe the Oligarchy's intention towards the Grangers.
4. Why was Everhard and others sent to prison or executed?
5. What does Avis witness in the city that alarms her?
6. Describe the Fighting Groups.
7. Describe the Bishop's new occupation and the reasons for doing so.
8. What happened to Bishop Morehouse when he began to preach again?
9. Describe the effect of the workers' strike.
10. Describe what happened when Everhard was giving a speech in defense of a bill attended by many soldiers in scarlet livery.
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)