|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is taking a seat in Congress when Dr. Cunningham stayed behind in San Francisco in Chapter 16?
2. Who becomes a spy and vaporizes a prison in Chapter 20?
3. What is to begin with a simultaneous, country-wide strike against the pillars of the Oligarchy's social and political structure in Chapter 22?
(a) Oligarch Resurgence.
(b) Proletariat Dominance.
(c) First Revolt.
(d) Chicago Commune.
4. What is Avis alerted of in the footnotes of the last section of the book?
(a) A revolutionary war.
(b) An insurgent uprising.
(c) A bloody massacre.
(d) An upcoming mercenary raid.
5. Who rises to power in the Oligarchy after opposing the compensation sought by the prisoner that is condemned to death in Chapter 20?
(a) Anarchists and rebel factions.
(b) Priests and communist leaders.
(c) Lawyers and company owners.
(d) Dreamers and doers.
Short Answer Questions
1. When an alliance is forged between the two countries, how is it broken in Chapter 13?
2. What does the person who humbly ministers the poor call his or her work in Chapter 12?
3. Where do the terrorist groups originate from in Chapter 25?
4. Who offers a bribe in Chapter 11?
5. Who does Avis think was behind the interruption of the speech in Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the truth about the bombing ultimately discovered?
2. How does Avis' perspective become distant and objective during the conflict in the city?
3. How was the First Revolt supposed to begin?
4. Describe Avis' remembrance of Jackson and the people affected by his case.
5. Describe the effect of the workers' strike.
6. Describe the Grangers.
7. What happened soon after Everhard got elected to Congress?
8. Describe the development of Avis and Everhard's relationship.
9. What is ironic about Avis' new dwelling after the riots?
10. Describe what happened to the cave in the future and its importance in the story of Avis and Everhard.
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)