|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Oligarchy gets word of the impending revolt, where do they plan a preventive strike in Chapter 23?
(b) New York.
(c) Ann Arbor.
2. What does Everhard's partners hope that the conflict in the Congressional elections would come to in Chapter 11?
(a) A tumultuous resurgence.
(b) A ceasefire.
(c) A wild demonstration.
(d) A peaceful resolution.
3. What is Avis alerted of in the footnotes of the last section of the book?
(a) An insurgent uprising.
(b) An upcoming mercenary raid.
(c) A bloody massacre.
(d) A revolutionary war.
4. What group's members become separated by a higher lifestyle, thus creating a caste system in Chapter 15?
(c) Favored Unions.
5. Who is the condemned criminal that actually committed the crime in Chapter 17?
Short Answer Questions
1. For how many months is Avis imprisoned without charge in Chapter 17?
2. Who preaches a sermon that invokes the ire of the Oligarchy?
3. Where is Everhard sent to prison in Chapter 17?
4. Who makes a speech in defense of a bill in Chapter 17?
5. What is the new caste group that arose as the Oligarchy developed a new system of government in Chapter 20?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Fighting Groups.
2. Describe Avis' remembrance of Jackson and the people affected by his case.
3. Describe the effect Cunningham's book has on socialist publications and the revolution.
4. Describe what happened to the cave in the future and its importance in the story of Avis and Everhard.
5. Describe Wickson's son.
6. Describe the Grangers.
7. Describe the three oligarchies Avis says were created through the favored unions.
8. What does Avis witness in the city that alarms her?
9. Describe the development of Avis and Everhard's relationship.
10. How was the First Revolt supposed to begin?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)