|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Into what does Avis, Everhard and her father move into in Chapter 12?
(a) Small, four-room apartment.
(b) Underground hideout.
(c) Cave dwelling.
(d) Country estate.
2. Who does Everhard talk to when he contemplates how the Oligarchy will reassert control over the country in Chapter 14?
(a) A Communist spy.
(b) A leader of a union.
(c) A Socialist puppet.
(d) A Fascist dictator.
3. Who does Everhard comment is getting bolder in Chapter 10?
(b) Iron Heel.
4. For how many months is Avis imprisoned without charge in Chapter 17?
5. What branch of the Oligarchy also has loyal revolutionists in Chapter 22?
(a) Secret Service.
(c) Alias Terminal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is to begin with a simultaneous, country-wide strike against the pillars of the Oligarchy's social and political structure in Chapter 22?
2. After refusing to take a bribe, who loses his home, wealth and influence in Chapter 11?
3. Who receives potatoes that Avis witnesses in Chapter 12?
4. In whose arms does Everhard seek comfort in in Chapter 15?
5. Where does Avis take refuge in Chapter 18?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what happened when Everhard was giving a speech in defense of a bill attended by many soldiers in scarlet livery.
2. Describe the seamstress.
3. Describe how the bomb is thrown in front of Congress.
4. Describe what happened to Avis after the bombing.
5. What happened to prevent the rebellion of the First Revolt and stop the revolutionaries?
6. Describe Wickson's son.
7. How is the truth about the bombing ultimately discovered?
8. Describe the Grangers.
9. Describe the effect of the workers' strike.
10. Describe the Fighting Groups.
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)