|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What later buries the cave several hundred years later in Chapter 19?
(a) An apocalypse.
(b) An earthquake.
(c) A tidal wave.
(d) A tsunami.
2. What is the name of Avis' alternative personality in Chapter 20?
3. Who is willing to destroy the influence of another group through political and violent confrontation in Chapter 16?
(a) Fighting Groups.
4. Why are the socialists arrested at the event in Chapter 17?
(a) For disagreeing with the Oligarchy.
(b) For trying to bomb Congress.
(c) For lampooning Everhard.
(d) For waging war.
5. When the Oligarchy gets word of the impending revolt, where do they plan a preventive strike in Chapter 23?
(a) Ann Arbor.
(b) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What group exists between the abandoned proletariat and the favored unions in Chapter 16?
2. Who ironically owns the area that Avis takes refuge in in Chapter 18?
3. Who does Carson prevent Avis from interacting with for her safety in Chapter 19?
4. Who is taking a seat in Congress when Dr. Cunningham stayed behind in San Francisco in Chapter 16?
5. What is the person who humbly ministers the poor call his or her work terrified of in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Bishop Morehouse when he began to preach again?
2. Describe what happened when Everhard was giving a speech in defense of a bill attended by many soldiers in scarlet livery.
3. Describe Wickson's son.
4. What happened to prevent the rebellion of the First Revolt and stop the revolutionaries?
5. Why was Everhard and others sent to prison or executed?
6. What happened soon after Everhard got elected to Congress?
7. How was the First Revolt supposed to begin?
8. Describe Avis' remembrance of Jackson and the people affected by his case.
9. Describe the Oligarchy's intention towards the Grangers.
10. Describe the conflict of the people of the abyss.
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)