|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Everhard's partners hope that the conflict in the Congressional elections would come to in Chapter 11?
(a) A ceasefire.
(b) A wild demonstration.
(c) A tumultuous resurgence.
(d) A peaceful resolution.
2. After refusing to take a bribe, who loses his home, wealth and influence in Chapter 11?
(d) Dr. Cunningham.
3. Whose body does Avis see with Everhard as they try to leave Chicago in Chapter 25?
(a) Dr. Cunningham.
(b) Bishop Morehouse.
4. What two countries go to war in Chapter 13?
(a) United States and Russia.
(b) United States and Germany.
(c) Russia and France.
(d) Germany and Russia.
5. Who is the revolutionary that helps Avis set up her home in the woods in Chapter 19?
Short Answer Questions
1. Despite running through murderous mobs, taking refuge under piles of dead bodies, and coming near to death herself, what does Avis feel she can do in Chapter 24?
2. Who is taking a seat in Congress when Dr. Cunningham stayed behind in San Francisco in Chapter 16?
3. What is Avis alerted of in the footnotes of the last section of the book?
4. What is untouched and unharmed that belonged to the Oligarchs during the rampage in Chapter 24?
5. Who does Carson prevent Avis from interacting with for her safety in Chapter 19?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Fighting Groups.
2. What bribe does Cunningham refuse and what effect does it have on his life?
3. Describe the effect Cunningham's book has on socialist publications and the revolution.
4. What does Avis witness in the city that alarms her?
5. How is the truth about the bombing ultimately discovered?
6. Why was Everhard and others sent to prison or executed?
7. Describe what happened when Everhard was giving a speech in defense of a bill attended by many soldiers in scarlet livery.
8. Describe the Bishop's new occupation and the reasons for doing so.
9. Describe the Oligarchy's control of the unions in the United States.
10. What happened to Bishop Morehouse when he began to preach again?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)