|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the next uprising that Everhard is planning called in Chapter 25?
(b) Second Revolt.
(c) Underground Affair.
(d) Second Revolution.
2. What do the workers in both countries do that stop working for a week in Chapter 13?
(a) A demonstration.
(b) Factory closings.
(c) A strike.
(d) Factory fires.
3. Where does the person who is preaching get sent to for his sermon in Chapter 12?
(a) A prison for the handicapped.
(b) A detention facility.
(c) A hospital for the physically inept.
(d) An asylum for the insane.
4. Who is the condemned criminal that actually committed the crime in Chapter 17?
5. What are some the fragments of nightmarish memories Avis retains of her night in Chicago in Chapter 25?
(a) Being force-fed the remains of a dead rat.
(b) Being taken by a soldier, believing her passwords of the Oligarchy, to a hospital.
(c) Being captured by ingrates and tortured mercilessly.
(d) Being locked in a prison underground.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Oligarchy beginning to crush through violence in Chapter 10?
2. Who is the revolutionary that helps Avis set up her home in the woods in Chapter 19?
3. What is the name of the violent, secret side of the Revolution in Chapter 16?
4. Who begins to speak derisively of the Oligarchy at the event in Chapter 17?
5. What is untouched and unharmed that belonged to the Oligarchs during the rampage in Chapter 24?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Avis witness in the city that alarms her?
2. What happened soon after Everhard got elected to Congress?
3. What happened to Bishop Morehouse when he began to preach again?
4. Describe the effect of the workers' strike.
5. How did Avis submerge her identity?
6. What is ironic about Avis' new dwelling after the riots?
7. Describe how the bomb is thrown in front of Congress.
8. Describe what happened to Avis after the bombing.
9. Describe the seamstress.
10. What happened to prevent the rebellion of the First Revolt and stop the revolutionaries?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)