|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Oligarchy gets word of the impending revolt, where do they plan a preventive strike in Chapter 23?
(a) Ann Arbor.
(d) New York.
2. What does Avis witness being thrown into a police convoy in Chapter 24?
(b) A bomb.
(c) Tear gas.
3. Who is Avis willing to work in alliance with in Washington in Chapter 16?
(d) Fighting Groups.
4. What interrupts the speech in Chapter 17?
5. Where do the terrorist groups originate from in Chapter 25?
(a) Surviving members of both the revolutionists and the people of the abyss.
(b) Members of the Grangers and Mercenaries.
(c) Surviving members of the Patriarchs.
(d) Members of the Oligarchs and Proletariats.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who ironically owns the area that Avis takes refuge in in Chapter 18?
2. After refusing to take a bribe, who loses his home, wealth and influence in Chapter 11?
3. Whose body does Avis see with Everhard as they try to leave Chicago in Chapter 25?
4. What does Avis describe as the environment that the Oligarchy, Everhard, and the directors of the revolution operated in Chapter 16?
5. What group's members become separated by a higher lifestyle, thus creating a caste system in Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the appeal of Biblical faith and prophecy to many of the abandoned proletariat.
2. Describe the effect Cunningham's book has on socialist publications and the revolution.
3. Describe the three oligarchies Avis says were created through the favored unions.
4. What happened soon after Everhard got elected to Congress?
5. What does Avis witness in the city that alarms her?
6. Describe the Bishop's new occupation and the reasons for doing so.
7. How does Avis' perspective become distant and objective during the conflict in the city?
8. Describe what happened when Everhard was giving a speech in defense of a bill attended by many soldiers in scarlet livery.
9. Describe how the bomb is thrown in front of Congress.
10. Describe Wickson's son.
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)