|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Everhard comment is getting bolder in Chapter 10?
(a) Iron Heel.
2. Who makes clandestine plans with prison guards while Avis was in prison in Chapter 18?
3. In whose arms does Everhard seek comfort in in Chapter 15?
4. Who is taking a seat in Congress when Dr. Cunningham stayed behind in San Francisco in Chapter 16?
5. What is the name of the violent, secret side of the Revolution in Chapter 16?
(a) Fighting Groups.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Avis take refuge in Chapter 18?
2. What are the soldiers wearing that attended the speech in Chapter 16?
3. What two countries go to war in Chapter 13?
4. What does Avis describe as the environment that the Oligarchy, Everhard, and the directors of the revolution operated in Chapter 16?
5. Who rises to power in the Oligarchy after opposing the compensation sought by the prisoner that is condemned to death in Chapter 20?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the truth about the bombing ultimately discovered?
2. Describe the effect Cunningham's book has on socialist publications and the revolution.
3. Describe the seamstress.
4. Describe what happened when Everhard was giving a speech in defense of a bill attended by many soldiers in scarlet livery.
5. Describe the Oligarchy's intention towards the Grangers.
6. Describe the Grangers.
7. What happened to Bishop Morehouse when he began to preach again?
8. How does Avis' perspective become distant and objective during the conflict in the city?
9. Describe the Oligarchy's control of the unions in the United States.
10. What does Avis witness in the city that alarms her?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)