|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Avis interview that ran away when faced with uncomfortable truths?
(a) Company lawyer.
(b) Family lawyer.
(c) Revolutionist leader.
(d) Oligarchy leader.
2. When was the Iron Heel published?
(a) Early 1940s.
(b) Early 1880s.
(c) Early 1900s.
(d) Early 1920s.
3. What is the group that Everhard says is the only group that counter using force through a little known law in Chapter 8?
(a) Legal groups.
(b) Government associations.
(c) American militia.
(d) Business owners.
4. What did speaker after speaker do to Everhard during his speech in Chapter 4?
(a) Interrupt him.
(b) Defeat him.
(c) Submit to him.
(d) Challenge him.
5. Where does Jackson live?
(a) A mob cartel.
(b) A prostitution brothel.
(c) An underground tavern.
(d) A rented, slum-like area by the lake.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is being treated as a martyr because of sympathy for the poor in Chapter 5?
2. The tension between what two opposing interests is the driving force behind the plot of the Iron Heel?
3. Who made their money off of the workers?
4. What does the person who Avis sees at her home challenge her to look into?
5. How does the anti-revolutionary movement change in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Cunningham.
2. Describe Everhard's effect on Avis.
3. Describe the men in the room at Avis' father's dinner party apart from Everhard.
4. What does Everhard argue effectively about at the dinner party?
5. Describe Avis' interaction with the company lawyer.
6. What does Everhard predict about the Bishop that comes true?
7. Why does Wickhard offer Everhard a job?
8. Describe Everhard's reasons for not having a family.
9. Describe Jackson.
10. What does the Iron Heel reveal about workers according to Franklin?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)