|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Avis believe that everyone involved in the Jackson case is bound to?
(a) A socialist agenda.
(b) A capitalist machine.
(c) Fear tactics.
(d) Nazi propaganda.
2. What are the two circumstances of time in discussion in the Iron Heel?
(a) Marxist present and Fascist future.
(b) Socialist revolution and Utopian future.
(c) Anarchical present and Tyrannical future.
(d) Utopian present and Dystopian future.
3. Who is Avis surprised to see at her house when she returns from visiting the armless peddler?
4. What is the group that Everhard says is the only group that counter using force through a little known law in Chapter 8?
(a) American militia.
(b) Business owners.
(c) Legal groups.
(d) Government associations.
5. When the Bishop grows more insistent, what happens in Chapter 6?
(a) He is heralded as a savior.
(b) He is stabbed.
(c) He is led away from the podium.
(d) He is squashed in a protest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Avis find that she falls in love with?
2. Who does Everhard question that the intellectual class really supports?
3. Who protests the treatment of workers at the risk of being discharged?
4. What does the person that challenges Everhard say will happen to revolutionaries in Chapter 4?
5. Who was the scientist responsible for many of the society-defining discoveries of the era?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the essential conflict of the Iron Heel.
2. Describe the conflict of the people of the abyss.
3. Describe Wickson's son.
4. Describe the three oligarchies Avis says were created through the favored unions.
5. Describe the men in the room at Avis' father's dinner party apart from Everhard.
6. Why does Wickhard offer Everhard a job?
7. What does the contemporary author H. Bruce Franklin describe about London?
8. Describe the Philomaths.
9. Describe Avis' actions to uncover the truth about Jackson.
10. What is the two-tiered future described in the Iron Heel?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)