|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Against what did London's socialist ideals exert tension or experience conflict with?
(a) Socialist experience.
(b) Capitalist experience.
(c) Marxist experience.
(d) Fascist experience.
2. On what ticket does Everhard run for Congress in in Chapter 7?
3. Who does Avis believe that everyone involved in the Jackson case is bound to?
(a) A capitalist machine.
(b) Fear tactics.
(c) A socialist agenda.
(d) Nazi propaganda.
4. Who made their money off of the workers?
(d) Business owners.
5. What did the room where the dinner event was held in Chapter 1 consist mainly of?
(a) Students and poor professors.
(b) Dancers and strippers.
(c) Overweight and over dressed men.
(d) Underweight and stylish men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the two circumstances of time in discussion in the Iron Heel?
2. What leadership does Avis admire about Everhard?
3. What is the term that Avis gives to the sense of impending conflict in Chapter 5?
4. In what sectors is the group that Everhard speaks to in Chapter 4 leaders in?
5. What does Everhard show the group to prove his findings about the use of drafting in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the effect Cunningham's book has on socialist publications and the revolution.
2. Describe the Grangers.
3. Describe Everhard's argument that causes the Bishop to protest.
4. Describe what happens to Avis and Everhard in the end of the novel.
5. Describe Everhard's effect on Avis.
6. What happened to prevent the rebellion of the First Revolt and stop the revolutionaries?
7. Describe the men in the room at Avis' father's dinner party apart from Everhard.
8. How is the truth about the bombing ultimately discovered?
9. Describe the Philomaths.
10. Describe the Bishop's new occupation and the reasons for doing so.
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)