|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Bishop say has drifted from Christ's teaching of compassion?
(a) Society, government, and the church.
(b) Avis and Everhard.
(c) His family and friends.
(d) Oligarchy and Anarchists.
2. What is based on the economic and philosophic principle that ﬁnancial proﬁt and reward and accumulation are the rightful reward of those with the passion and the drive to pursue them?
3. Who does Avis encounter in the city that has an expression of horror all the time in Chapter 4?
(d) Dr. Cunningham.
4. What does Everhard show the group to prove his findings about the use of drafting in Chapter 8?
(b) Audio recording.
5. Who is the only person that succeeds in arguing against Everhard in Chapter 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the armless peddler?
2. What is the name of Dr. Cunningham's dinner in Chapter 7?
3. Who could be fired for challenging the opinion or story of a newspaper's corporate owners?
4. Who was out of place from the beginning of the dinner event described in Chapter 1?
5. Who does Everhard say is responsible for the plight of the armless peddler?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Bishop Morehouse's speech.
2. Describe Avis' interaction with the company lawyer.
3. Describe the journalist's interaction with Avis about the Jackson case.
4. Describe Everhard's reasons for not having a family.
5. What does Everhard predict about the Bishop that comes true?
6. Why is Bishop Morehouse becoming a martyr of sorts?
7. What does Everhard argue effectively about at the dinner party?
8. What is the comparison that Everhard makes of small business owners to machine breakers and why?
9. Describe Jackson.
10. Describe Avis' actions to uncover the truth about Jackson.
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)