|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Avis become preoccupied with to the point of obsession?
(d) Dr. Cunningham.
2. Who was out of place from the beginning of the dinner event described in Chapter 1?
(a) Dr. Cunningham.
3. What did the intellectual class love to hear the sound of in Chapter 1 according to Avis?
(a) Their own voices.
(b) The national anthem.
(c) The songs of their fathers.
(d) The music they composed.
4. What is the economic and philosophic theory that humanity should work together for the good of all humanity?
5. After the failure of what did idealism suffer damage according to Meredith?
(a) Fourth Revolt.
(b) Third Revolt.
(c) Second Revolt.
(d) First Revolt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Avis believe that everyone involved in the Jackson case is bound to?
2. Who does Dr. Cunningham prod to speak at the dinner event at his house?
3. In what sectors is the group that Everhard speaks to in Chapter 4 leaders in?
4. Who does Dr. Cunningham invite to his dinner in Chapter 7?
5. Who did Everhard find complicit in the capitalist system?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Avis' actions to uncover the truth about Jackson.
2. Why is Bishop Morehouse becoming a martyr of sorts?
3. Describe the Philomaths.
4. Describe Everhard's effect on Avis.
5. Describe Cunningham.
6. Describe Avis' interaction with the company lawyer.
7. What is the two-tiered future described in the Iron Heel?
8. Why does Meredith say that the manuscript cannot be taken fully seriously?
9. Describe Everhard's argument that causes the Bishop to protest.
10. Describe the men in the room at Avis' father's dinner party apart from Everhard.
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)