|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the contemporary author that offers a perspective in the Introduction?
(a) Theodore Dryser.
(b) George Orwell.
(c) Jack London.
(d) H. Bruce Franklin.
2. What are the two circumstances of time in discussion in the Iron Heel?
(a) Utopian present and Dystopian future.
(b) Marxist present and Fascist future.
(c) Socialist revolution and Utopian future.
(d) Anarchical present and Tyrannical future.
3. Who does Everhard challenge to investigate the case of the armless peddler?
(d) Dr. Cunningham.
4. After the failure of what did idealism suffer damage according to Meredith?
(a) Fourth Revolt.
(b) First Revolt.
(c) Second Revolt.
(d) Third Revolt.
5. What does the person who Avis sees at her home challenge her to look into?
(a) Bishop's story.
(b) Jackson's story.
(c) Wickson's story.
(d) Carson's story.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Everhard elaborate on the relationship between?
2. Who was out of place from the beginning of the dinner event described in Chapter 1?
3. What is the group that attends Dr. Cunningham's dinner in Chapter 7?
4. For how long was the manuscript hidden?
5. Who does Avis find that she falls in love with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Avis in relationship to the manuscript's creation and storage.
2. What does Everhard predict about the Bishop that comes true?
3. Describe Everhard's reasons for not having a family.
4. Describe Everhard's effect on Avis.
5. What is the two-tiered future described in the Iron Heel?
6. Why does Avis call Everhard an eagle?
7. Describe Avis' ongoing investigation of Jackson's life circumstances.
8. Describe the men in the room at Avis' father's dinner party apart from Everhard.
9. Why does Wickhard offer Everhard a job?
10. Describe Jackson.
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)