|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Avis call Everhard?
(a) Her trouble.
(b) Her lover.
(c) Her nemesis.
(d) Her eagle.
2. What does the person who Avis sees at her home challenge her to look into?
(a) Jackson's story.
(b) Wickson's story.
(c) Carson's story.
(d) Bishop's story.
3. Who is the armless peddler?
(c) Dr. Cunningham.
4. What are the forces against which London struggled as an individual and against which the revolutionaries struggle in his book?
5. What does the person who Avis sees at her home tell her that he has given up in order to not compromise his ideals?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Avis interview that ran away when faced with uncomfortable truths?
2. Who does the group that Everhard speak to in Chapter 4 comprise?
3. Against what did London's socialist ideals exert tension or experience conflict with?
4. Who does Everhard say is responsible for the plight of the armless peddler?
5. What does the person at Avis' home come to return?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Everhard's reasons for not having a family.
2. What does Everhard argue effectively about at the dinner party?
3. Describe the journalist's interaction with Avis about the Jackson case.
4. Describe Bishop Morehouse's speech.
5. Describe the men in the room at Avis' father's dinner party apart from Everhard.
6. Describe Everhard's argument that causes the Bishop to protest.
7. Why does Wickhard offer Everhard a job?
8. Describe Everhard's speech to the Philomaths.
9. What tension did London experience in his own life that is reflected in the Iron Heel?
10. Describe Mr. Wickhard's argument and why Everhard agrees with him.
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)