|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Everhard find complicit in the capitalist system?
(b) Dr. Cunningham.
2. Who could be fired for challenging the opinion or story of a newspaper's corporate owners?
(a) An artist.
(b) A writing assistant.
(c) A journalist.
(d) An intern.
3. Who was London greatly influenced by in his writing?
4. How does the anti-revolutionary movement change in Chapter 9?
(a) It becomes violent.
(b) It becomes peaceful.
(c) It grows in popularity.
(d) It dies out.
5. What did the intellectual class love to hear the sound of in Chapter 1 according to Avis?
(a) Their own voices.
(b) The music they composed.
(c) The national anthem.
(d) The songs of their fathers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where will the Bishop go according to the journalists in Chapter 6?
2. When the Bishop grows more insistent, what happens in Chapter 6?
3. Who does Avis become preoccupied with to the point of obsession?
4. Who was out of place from the beginning of the dinner event described in Chapter 1?
5. What does the person that challenges Everhard say will happen to revolutionaries in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Everhard's speech to the Philomaths.
2. Describe the impending conflict Avis begins to experience in Chapter 6.
3. Describe the journalist's interaction with Avis about the Jackson case.
4. What does the contemporary author H. Bruce Franklin describe about London?
5. Describe the men in the room at Avis' father's dinner party apart from Everhard.
6. Why is it important to be vigilant in society in the Introduction?
7. Why does Meredith say that the manuscript cannot be taken fully seriously?
8. What does the Iron Heel reveal about workers according to Franklin?
9. Describe the Philomaths.
10. Describe Avis' interaction with the company lawyer.
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)