|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Meredith say in a footnote that there are several of in the world?
2. What did London profit from according to the contemporary author in his Introduction?
(a) Some of the drawbacks in society.
(b) Some of the sales of his previous books.
(c) Some of the observations of reporters.
(d) Some of his popular seminars.
3. Who protests the treatment of workers at the risk of being discharged?
(c) Dr. Cunningham.
4. What is the name of Dr. Cunningham's dinner in Chapter 7?
(a) Love and Death.
(b) Profit and Loss.
(c) Games and Gander.
(d) Fools and Wise Men.
5. What is the group that attends Dr. Cunningham's dinner in Chapter 7?
(b) Big business.
(d) Small capitalists.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Everhard challenge to investigate the case of the armless peddler?
2. Why did people support the decision against Jackson?
3. What does Avis do for the Bishop's speech in Chapter 6?
4. On what ticket does Everhard run for Congress in in Chapter 7?
5. After the failure of what did idealism suffer damage according to Meredith?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the development of Avis and Everhard's relationship.
2. Describe the Grangers.
3. What does the Iron Heel reveal about workers according to Franklin?
4. Why does Wickhard offer Everhard a job?
5. Describe the Fighting Groups.
6. Describe the appeal of Biblical faith and prophecy to many of the abandoned proletariat.
7. Describe Avis' actions to uncover the truth about Jackson.
8. Describe Cunningham.
9. Describe Meredith's comments on the Oligarchy.
10. What is ironic about Avis' new dwelling after the riots?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)