Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the failure of what did idealism suffer damage according to Meredith?
(a) Fourth Revolt.
(b) First Revolt.
(c) Third Revolt.
(d) Second Revolt.
2. In what sectors is the group that Everhard speaks to in Chapter 4 leaders in?
(a) Art, philosophy, and natural sciences.
(b) Business, art, and economics.
(c) Business, politics, and governance.
(d) Natural sciences and psychology.
3. Who should share equally in both the responsibilities and the rewards according to London?
(a) The collective.
(b) The individual.
(c) The proletariat.
(d) The business owner.
4. What does Avis call Everhard?
(a) Her nemesis.
(b) Her trouble.
(c) Her lover.
(d) Her eagle.
5. Who did Everhard find complicit in the capitalist system?
(d) Dr. Cunningham.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened during Jackson's trial in the name of family security?
2. Who is Avis surprised to see at her house when she returns from visiting the armless peddler?
3. What does Everhard say revolutionaries will be willing to do in Chapter 5?
4. What was secretly published during the three centuries of the Iron Heel?
5. What did the intellectual class love to hear the sound of in Chapter 1 according to Avis?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the essential conflict of the Iron Heel.
2. Describe Avis' actions to uncover the truth about Jackson.
3. Describe the conflict of the people of the abyss.
4. Why does Avis call Everhard an eagle?
5. Describe Wickson's son.
6. How does Avis' perspective become distant and objective during the conflict in the city?
7. Describe the appeal of Biblical faith and prophecy to many of the abandoned proletariat.
8. Why is it important to be vigilant in society in the Introduction?
9. Why is Bishop Morehouse becoming a martyr of sorts?
10. Describe Cunningham.
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)