|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened during Jackson's trial in the name of family security?
(a) Selfishness and greed.
(b) Cowardice and manipulation.
(c) Violence and self-deprecation.
(d) Corruption and self-denial.
2. How does the anti-revolutionary movement change in Chapter 9?
(a) It becomes violent.
(b) It becomes peaceful.
(c) It dies out.
(d) It grows in popularity.
3. What is the name of Dr. Cunningham's dinner in Chapter 7?
(a) Games and Gander.
(b) Fools and Wise Men.
(c) Profit and Loss.
(d) Love and Death.
4. What are the two circumstances of time in discussion in the Iron Heel?
(a) Socialist revolution and Utopian future.
(b) Utopian present and Dystopian future.
(c) Anarchical present and Tyrannical future.
(d) Marxist present and Fascist future.
5. What does the person who Avis sees at her home challenge her to look into?
(a) Bishop's story.
(b) Wickson's story.
(c) Jackson's story.
(d) Carson's story.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Avis become preoccupied with to the point of obsession?
2. What is the economic and philosophic theory that humanity should work together for the good of all humanity?
3. Who is being treated as a martyr because of sympathy for the poor in Chapter 5?
4. What does Meredith say in a footnote that there are several of in the world?
5. When was the Iron Heel published?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Avis call Everhard an eagle?
2. Describe Bishop Morehouse's speech.
3. Describe the essential conflict of the Iron Heel.
4. Describe Everhard's speech to the Philomaths.
5. Describe Meredith's comments on the Oligarchy.
6. What does the contemporary author H. Bruce Franklin describe about London?
7. Describe Avis in relationship to the manuscript's creation and storage.
8. Describe Avis' ongoing investigation of Jackson's life circumstances.
9. Why is Bishop Morehouse becoming a martyr of sorts?
10. Describe Avis' actions to uncover the truth about Jackson.
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)