|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was out of place from the beginning of the dinner event described in Chapter 1?
(c) Dr. Cunningham.
2. Who is being treated as a martyr because of sympathy for the poor in Chapter 5?
3. Against what is it necessary to have strength to prevent it from grinding "us down and walk[ing] upon our faces - from coming true?"
(a) Iron Heel.
4. Who manipulated the trial in favor of the company instead of Jackson?
(a) Jackson's lawyers.
(b) Jackson's superiors.
(c) Company's leadership.
(d) Company's lawyers.
5. What surprisingly has come into effect that the book predicted?
(a) Disenfranchisement of the working poor.
(b) Technological advancement.
(c) Food and agricultural changes.
(d) Causes and effects of the workers' movement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Everhard show the group to prove his findings about the use of drafting in Chapter 8?
2. What happens to Avis because of her association with Everhard in Chapter 5?
3. Who was Avis surprised to see at one of her father's social events?
4. What does Avis accuse the group that Everhard talks to of doing in Chapter 4?
5. To whom did Avis create the manuscript in tribute of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the men in the room at Avis' father's dinner party apart from Everhard.
2. Why does Wickhard offer Everhard a job?
3. Describe the Philomaths.
4. What does the contemporary author H. Bruce Franklin describe about London?
5. Describe Avis' ongoing investigation of Jackson's life circumstances.
6. Why is Bishop Morehouse becoming a martyr of sorts?
7. Describe Everhard's speech to the Philomaths.
8. Describe Everhard's effect on Avis.
9. Describe Avis' interaction with the company lawyer.
10. Why does Avis call Everhard an eagle?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)