|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Avis encounter in the city that has an expression of horror all the time in Chapter 4?
(c) Dr. Cunningham.
2. What is the term that Avis gives to the sense of impending conflict in Chapter 5?
3. For how long was the manuscript hidden?
(a) 10 centuries.
(b) 2 centuries.
(c) 12 centuries.
(d) 7 centuries.
4. What does Everhard say that the journalists will say about the Bishop in Chapter 6?
(a) He is defeated.
(b) He was amazing.
(c) He is a liar.
(d) He was unwell.
5. Who is being treated as a martyr because of sympathy for the poor in Chapter 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who protests the treatment of workers at the risk of being discharged?
2. What happens to Avis because of her association with Everhard in Chapter 5?
3. What did speaker after speaker do to Everhard during his speech in Chapter 4?
4. What does Wickson offer Everhard in Chapter 6?
5. Who does Everhard challenge to investigate the case of the armless peddler?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the comparison that Everhard makes of small business owners to machine breakers and why?
2. Describe Mr. Wickhard's argument and why Everhard agrees with him.
3. Why is Bishop Morehouse becoming a martyr of sorts?
4. Describe Everhard's effect on Avis.
5. Describe Everhard's speech to the Philomaths.
6. Describe Avis' interaction with the company lawyer.
7. Describe Avis in relationship to the manuscript's creation and storage.
8. Describe Meredith's comments on the Oligarchy.
9. What is the two-tiered future described in the Iron Heel?
10. What does the contemporary author H. Bruce Franklin describe about London?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)