|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Everhard find complicit in the capitalist system?
(c) Dr. Cunningham.
2. What does Everhard show the group to prove his findings about the use of drafting in Chapter 8?
(c) Audio recording.
3. What happened during Jackson's trial in the name of family security?
(a) Selfishness and greed.
(b) Violence and self-deprecation.
(c) Corruption and self-denial.
(d) Cowardice and manipulation.
4. What is the term that Avis gives to the sense of impending conflict in Chapter 5?
5. Who is Avis surprised to see at her house when she returns from visiting the armless peddler?
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long was the manuscript hidden?
2. Who does Everhard say is responsible for the plight of the armless peddler?
3. What was secretly published during the three centuries of the Iron Heel?
4. What does Everhard consider Wickson's offer in Chapter 6?
5. Who made their money off of the workers?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Everhard's reasons for not having a family.
2. Why does Avis call Everhard an eagle?
3. Describe Avis' actions to uncover the truth about Jackson.
4. Describe Everhard's argument that causes the Bishop to protest.
5. Describe the men in the room at Avis' father's dinner party apart from Everhard.
6. Why does Wickhard offer Everhard a job?
7. What does the contemporary author H. Bruce Franklin describe about London?
8. Describe the journalist's interaction with Avis about the Jackson case.
9. Describe Meredith's comments on the Oligarchy.
10. Describe Avis' interaction with the company lawyer.
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)