|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long was the manuscript hidden?
(a) 10 centuries.
(b) 12 centuries.
(c) 7 centuries.
(d) 2 centuries.
2. What does Everhard show the group to prove his findings about the use of drafting in Chapter 8?
(d) Audio recording.
3. Who is the armless peddler?
(b) Dr. Cunningham.
4. What did the room where the dinner event was held in Chapter 1 consist mainly of?
(a) Students and poor professors.
(b) Underweight and stylish men.
(c) Dancers and strippers.
(d) Overweight and over dressed men.
5. Who manipulated the trial in favor of the company instead of Jackson?
(a) Jackson's lawyers.
(b) Company's lawyers.
(c) Company's leadership.
(d) Jackson's superiors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dr. Cunningham prod to speak at the dinner event at his house?
2. Why did people support the decision against Jackson?
3. What does the person who Avis sees at her home challenge her to look into?
4. Who is the only person that succeeds in arguing against Everhard in Chapter 4?
5. Who tells Avis that Jackson was entitled to compensation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What tension did London experience in his own life that is reflected in the Iron Heel?
2. Describe Everhard's reasons for not having a family.
3. Why does Meredith say that the manuscript cannot be taken fully seriously?
4. Describe the Philomaths.
5. What does Everhard argue effectively about at the dinner party?
6. Describe Mr. Wickhard's argument and why Everhard agrees with him.
7. Describe Jackson.
8. Describe Cunningham.
9. Describe Avis' actions to uncover the truth about Jackson.
10. What is the two-tiered future described in the Iron Heel?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)