Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Avis surprised to see at one of her father's social events?
(b) Her father.
2. Where was the manuscript hidden?
(a) In a cave.
(b) In a safe.
(c) Ancient oak tree.
(d) In a tavern.
3. Who could be fired for challenging the opinion or story of a newspaper's corporate owners?
(a) A journalist.
(b) An intern.
(c) An artist.
(d) A writing assistant.
4. Who should share equally in both the responsibilities and the rewards according to London?
(a) The individual.
(b) The collective.
(c) The business owner.
(d) The proletariat.
5. What does Avis realize she was complicit in doing by Chapter 3?
(a) Betraying the Bishop.
(b) Perpetuating the situation.
(c) Punishing her father.
(d) Imprisoning Everhard.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the anti-revolutionary movement change in Chapter 9?
2. What does the Iron Heel also discuss as a method of self-preservation?
3. When the Bishop grows more insistent, what happens in Chapter 6?
4. Who does Avis find that she falls in love with?
5. Who is the armless peddler?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Meredith's comments on the Oligarchy.
2. What does the contemporary author H. Bruce Franklin describe about London?
3. Describe Wickson's son.
4. What happened to prevent the rebellion of the First Revolt and stop the revolutionaries?
5. Describe Mr. Wickhard's argument and why Everhard agrees with him.
6. Describe Everhard's effect on Avis.
7. What is ironic about Avis' new dwelling after the riots?
8. What does Everhard predict about the Bishop that comes true?
9. How does Avis' perspective become distant and objective during the conflict in the city?
10. Describe Avis' interaction with the company lawyer.
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)