|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose body does Avis see with Everhard as they try to leave Chicago in Chapter 25?
(a) Dr. Cunningham.
(d) Bishop Morehouse.
2. Who rises to power in the Oligarchy after opposing the compensation sought by the prisoner that is condemned to death in Chapter 20?
(a) Dreamers and doers.
(b) Anarchists and rebel factions.
(c) Priests and communist leaders.
(d) Lawyers and company owners.
3. What do the revolutionists destroy of the Mercenaries in Chapter 24?
4. What group comes to a financial agreement with the Oligarchy in in Chapter 15?
(a) Favored unions.
(b) Rebelling factions.
(c) Favored leftists.
(d) Ruling anarchists.
5. Who humbly ministers the poor in Chapter 12?
6. Who are the people of the abyss in Chapter 24?
(a) The Oligarch fools.
(b) The dancing revolutionaries.
(c) The industrialists of the Mercenaries.
(d) The working/poor classes not afﬁliated with the Favored Unions.
7. What does the group give to the Oligarchy in return for financial and material compensation in Chapter 15?
(a) Economic support.
(b) Art supplies.
(c) Health supplies.
(d) Political support.
8. What is untouched and unharmed that belonged to the Oligarchs during the rampage in Chapter 24?
9. Despite running through murderous mobs, taking refuge under piles of dead bodies, and coming near to death herself, what does Avis feel she can do in Chapter 24?
(a) Be emotional and passionate.
(b) Be removed, distant, and objective.
(c) Be cold and calculated.
(d) Be loving and compassionate.
10. When the Oligarchy gets word of the impending revolt, where do they plan a preventive strike in Chapter 23?
(a) Ann Arbor.
(d) New York.
11. Who ironically owns the area that Avis takes refuge in in Chapter 18?
12. Where do the terrorist groups originate from in Chapter 25?
(a) Surviving members of the Patriarchs.
(b) Surviving members of both the revolutionists and the people of the abyss.
(c) Members of the Grangers and Mercenaries.
(d) Members of the Oligarchs and Proletariats.
13. Who wins an election to Congress in Chapter 12?
14. What does Everhard believe will continue to fester and rot despite the art created by the Oligarchy in Chapter 14?
(a) The torment.
(b) The control.
(c) The layman.
(d) The abyss.
15. What two countries go to war in Chapter 13?
(a) United States and Germany.
(b) Russia and France.
(c) United States and Russia.
(d) Germany and Russia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the condemned criminal that actually committed the crime in Chapter 17?
2. Who does Avis say unequivocally as not having anything to do with the the scary event at the speech in Chapter 17?
3. What is to begin with a simultaneous, country-wide strike against the pillars of the Oligarchy's social and political structure in Chapter 22?
4. What is the name of Avis' father's book?
5. What is the person who humbly ministers the poor call his or her work terrified of in Chapter 12?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)