|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who ironically owns the area that Avis takes refuge in in Chapter 18?
2. What are the soldiers wearing that attended the speech in Chapter 16?
(a) Bulletproof vests.
(b) Red suits.
(c) Wooden rifles.
(d) Scarlet livery.
3. What later buries the cave several hundred years later in Chapter 19?
(a) A tidal wave.
(b) An earthquake.
(c) An apocalypse.
(d) A tsunami.
4. What group instigates the riots in Chapter 20?
(a) Iron Heel spies.
(c) Chicago Commune.
5. What group exists between the abandoned proletariat and the favored unions in Chapter 16?
(a) Iron Heel spies.
6. What does Everhard's partners hope that the conflict in the Congressional elections would come to in Chapter 11?
(a) A peaceful resolution.
(b) A ceasefire.
(c) A wild demonstration.
(d) A tumultuous resurgence.
7. What is untouched and unharmed that belonged to the Oligarchs during the rampage in Chapter 24?
8. After the mass escape of jailed socialists, who is Avis reunited with in Chapter 20?
9. Who makes clandestine plans with prison guards while Avis was in prison in Chapter 18?
10. Into what does Avis, Everhard and her father move into in Chapter 12?
(a) Country estate.
(b) Cave dwelling.
(c) Small, four-room apartment.
(d) Underground hideout.
11. Where is Everhard sent to prison in Chapter 17?
12. Who wins an election to Congress in Chapter 12?
13. Who humbly ministers the poor in Chapter 12?
14. Who does Carson prevent Avis from interacting with for her safety in Chapter 19?
(a) Iron Heel spy.
(b) Communist Red.
(c) Nazi sympathizer.
(d) Anarchist rebel.
15. What is Avis alerted of in the footnotes of the last section of the book?
(a) An upcoming mercenary raid.
(b) A bloody massacre.
(c) An insurgent uprising.
(d) A revolutionary war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is to begin with a simultaneous, country-wide strike against the pillars of the Oligarchy's social and political structure in Chapter 22?
2. What does the speech defend and support in Chapter 17?
3. Who is the condemned criminal that actually committed the crime in Chapter 17?
4. Who is the revolutionary that helps Avis set up her home in the woods in Chapter 19?
5. What event is shrouded in mystery for seven centuries that is mentioned in the last section of the book?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)