|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Avis alerted of in the footnotes of the last section of the book?
(a) A bloody massacre.
(b) A revolutionary war.
(c) An insurgent uprising.
(d) An upcoming mercenary raid.
2. What organizations have loyal revolutionists willing to participate at any cost in Chapter 22?
(a) Proletarians and Oligarchs.
(b) Grangers and Mariners.
(c) Mercuraries and Favored Unions.
(d) Oligarchs and Patriachs.
3. What branch of the Oligarchy also has loyal revolutionists in Chapter 22?
(a) Secret Service.
(b) Alias Terminal.
4. What two countries go to war in Chapter 13?
(a) United States and Russia.
(b) United States and Germany.
(c) Germany and Russia.
(d) Russia and France.
5. What is the next uprising that Everhard is planning called in Chapter 25?
(a) Second Revolution.
(c) Underground Affair.
(d) Second Revolt.
6. Who does Everhard comment is getting bolder in Chapter 10?
(b) Iron Heel.
7. After the mass escape of jailed socialists, who is Avis reunited with in Chapter 20?
8. What does the Oligarchy do to prevent the Socialists from gaining a majority in Chapter 13?
(a) Political machinations.
(c) Crowd riots.
(d) Stealth surveillance.
9. Who becomes a spy and vaporizes a prison in Chapter 20?
10. Who makes a speech in defense of a bill in Chapter 17?
11. Who are the people of the abyss in Chapter 24?
(a) The working/poor classes not afﬁliated with the Favored Unions.
(b) The Oligarch fools.
(c) The industrialists of the Mercenaries.
(d) The dancing revolutionaries.
12. Whose body does Avis see with Everhard as they try to leave Chicago in Chapter 25?
(a) Bishop Morehouse.
(b) Dr. Cunningham.
13. What is to begin with a simultaneous, country-wide strike against the pillars of the Oligarchy's social and political structure in Chapter 22?
(a) Oligarch Resurgence.
(b) Proletariat Dominance.
(c) Chicago Commune.
(d) First Revolt.
14. After refusing to take a bribe, who loses his home, wealth and influence in Chapter 11?
(a) Dr. Cunningham.
15. What is the Oligarchy beginning to crush through violence in Chapter 10?
(a) The worker.
(b) The leader.
(c) The revolution.
(d) The preacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Everhard's partners hope that the conflict in the Congressional elections would come to in Chapter 11?
2. Where does the person who is preaching get sent to for his sermon in Chapter 12?
3. What group comes to a financial agreement with the Oligarchy in in Chapter 15?
4. Despite running through murderous mobs, taking refuge under piles of dead bodies, and coming near to death herself, what does Avis feel she can do in Chapter 24?
5. Where does Avis take refuge in Chapter 18?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)