|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who ironically owns the area that Avis takes refuge in in Chapter 18?
2. Who does Avis say unequivocally as not having anything to do with the the scary event at the speech in Chapter 17?
3. What is impassive and deliberate according to Avis, taking its revenge on the revolutionists in Chapter 25?
(a) The Soldier's Cry.
(b) The Impassable Torment.
(c) The Bewitched One.
(d) The Iron Heel.
4. What does Avis describe as the appliances that helped her submerge her identity in Chapter 19?
(a) Wigs and makeup.
(b) Protein shakes.
(c) Immune boosters.
(d) Plastic surgery.
5. What does Avis witness being thrown into a police convoy in Chapter 24?
(a) Tear gas.
(b) A bomb.
6. What is the Oligarchy beginning to crush through violence in Chapter 10?
(a) The revolution.
(b) The leader.
(c) The worker.
(d) The preacher.
7. Where do many proletariats perish as they believed in the end times in Chapter 15?
(b) Underground factories.
(c) Mountain tops.
8. Who does Carson prevent Avis from interacting with for her safety in Chapter 19?
(a) Iron Heel spy.
(b) Anarchist rebel.
(c) Communist Red.
(d) Nazi sympathizer.
9. Who are the people of the abyss in Chapter 24?
(a) The working/poor classes not afﬁliated with the Favored Unions.
(b) The Oligarch fools.
(c) The dancing revolutionaries.
(d) The industrialists of the Mercenaries.
10. What does the Oligarchy create involving art in Chapter 14?
(a) Fire stations.
(b) Train stations.
(c) Wonder cities.
(d) Monolithic monuments.
11. What does Everhard believe will continue to fester and rot despite the art created by the Oligarchy in Chapter 14?
(a) The control.
(b) The layman.
(c) The abyss.
(d) The torment.
12. Who does Avis think was behind the interruption of the speech in Chapter 16?
13. What is the new caste group that arose as the Oligarchy developed a new system of government in Chapter 20?
(c) Favored Unions.
14. What do the workers in both countries do that stop working for a week in Chapter 13?
(a) Factory closings.
(b) A demonstration.
(c) A strike.
(d) Factory fires.
15. Who is willing to destroy the influence of another group through political and violent confrontation in Chapter 16?
(d) Fighting Groups.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are some the fragments of nightmarish memories Avis retains of her night in Chicago in Chapter 25?
2. What event is shrouded in mystery for seven centuries that is mentioned in the last section of the book?
3. What is untouched and unharmed that belonged to the Oligarchs during the rampage in Chapter 24?
4. Where is Everhard sent to prison in Chapter 17?
5. Who does Everhard talk to when he contemplates how the Oligarchy will reassert control over the country in Chapter 14?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)