|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Avis' father think of the circumstances surrounding the publication of his book and subsequent events?
(a) A regrettable mistake.
(b) A folly.
(c) A long-forgotten compromise.
(d) An adventure.
2. Who do the socialists drive out of power in Chapter 14?
(a) Warlord governor.
(b) French mercenaries.
(c) Russian communists.
(d) American spies.
3. Who does Everhard talk to when he contemplates how the Oligarchy will reassert control over the country in Chapter 14?
(a) A Socialist puppet.
(b) A Communist spy.
(c) A Fascist dictator.
(d) A leader of a union.
4. Why are the socialists arrested at the event in Chapter 17?
(a) For trying to bomb Congress.
(b) For lampooning Everhard.
(c) For disagreeing with the Oligarchy.
(d) For waging war.
5. Who humbly ministers the poor in Chapter 12?
6. Who wins an election to Congress in Chapter 12?
7. What interrupts the speech in Chapter 17?
8. What group exists between the abandoned proletariat and the favored unions in Chapter 16?
(b) Iron Heel spies.
9. What does Avis witness being thrown into a police convoy in Chapter 24?
(a) A bomb.
(b) Tear gas.
10. What is the Oligarchy beginning to crush through violence in Chapter 10?
(a) The leader.
(b) The worker.
(c) The revolution.
(d) The preacher.
11. What is the name of Avis' alternative personality in Chapter 20?
12. What do the revolutionists destroy of the Mercenaries in Chapter 24?
13. What does the person who humbly ministers the poor call his or her work in Chapter 12?
(a) A calling.
(b) Christ's work.
14. Who does Avis think was behind the interruption of the speech in Chapter 16?
15. What is broken or halted by the Oligarchy across the country in Chapter 10?
(b) Power supplies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the violent, secret side of the Revolution in Chapter 16?
2. Into what does Avis, Everhard and her father move into in Chapter 12?
3. After the mass escape of jailed socialists, who is Avis reunited with in Chapter 20?
4. Where does Avis take refuge in Chapter 18?
5. Who is taking a seat in Congress when Dr. Cunningham stayed behind in San Francisco in Chapter 16?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)