|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Avis become a partner to in life and work through attention and support in Chapter 11?
2. Despite running through murderous mobs, taking refuge under piles of dead bodies, and coming near to death herself, what does Avis feel she can do in Chapter 24?
(a) Be loving and compassionate.
(b) Be emotional and passionate.
(c) Be removed, distant, and objective.
(d) Be cold and calculated.
3. What is Avis alerted of in the footnotes of the last section of the book?
(a) An upcoming mercenary raid.
(b) A revolutionary war.
(c) An insurgent uprising.
(d) A bloody massacre.
4. What is the person who humbly ministers the poor call his or her work terrified of in Chapter 12?
(a) Losing all of her wealth and influence.
(b) Being found by the Oligarchy and sent to the asylum.
(c) Being defeated through violence by the Anarchists.
(d) Being controlled by the Socialist machine.
5. What do the abandoned proletariat wait for in Chapter 15?
(a) First Coming.
(b) Twelfth Coming.
(c) Third Coming.
(d) Second Coming.
6. Who are the people of the abyss in Chapter 24?
(a) The Oligarch fools.
(b) The dancing revolutionaries.
(c) The industrialists of the Mercenaries.
(d) The working/poor classes not afﬁliated with the Favored Unions.
7. Into what does Avis, Everhard and her father move into in Chapter 12?
(a) Underground hideout.
(b) Country estate.
(c) Small, four-room apartment.
(d) Cave dwelling.
8. What organizations have loyal revolutionists willing to participate at any cost in Chapter 22?
(a) Mercuraries and Favored Unions.
(b) Proletarians and Oligarchs.
(c) Grangers and Mariners.
(d) Oligarchs and Patriachs.
9. Who is Avis willing to work in alliance with in Washington in Chapter 16?
(a) Fighting Groups.
10. What branch of the Oligarchy also has loyal revolutionists in Chapter 22?
(b) Secret Service.
(d) Alias Terminal.
11. Who ironically owns the area that Avis takes refuge in in Chapter 18?
12. Where do many proletariats perish as they believed in the end times in Chapter 15?
(a) Mountain tops.
(d) Underground factories.
13. For how many months is Avis imprisoned without charge in Chapter 17?
14. Who wins an election to Congress in Chapter 12?
15. Who is the condemned criminal that actually committed the crime in Chapter 17?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Everhard believe will continue to fester and rot despite the art created by the Oligarchy in Chapter 14?
2. What is untouched and unharmed that belonged to the Oligarchs during the rampage in Chapter 24?
3. What event is shrouded in mystery for seven centuries that is mentioned in the last section of the book?
4. What does Avis describe as the environment that the Oligarchy, Everhard, and the directors of the revolution operated in Chapter 16?
5. In her remembrances, who does Avis think and write about that were sympathizers to her cause in Chapter 20?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)