|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Avis see rising "more ominously in the heavens" as she and a fellow agent move further into the city in Chapter 24?
(a) Pillars of smoke.
(c) Violent crime.
2. What does Everhard's partners hope that the conflict in the Congressional elections would come to in Chapter 11?
(a) A wild demonstration.
(b) A peaceful resolution.
(c) A tumultuous resurgence.
(d) A ceasefire.
3. What is the new caste group that arose as the Oligarchy developed a new system of government in Chapter 20?
(c) Favored Unions.
4. Who receives potatoes that Avis witnesses in Chapter 12?
5. What does Everhard believe will continue to fester and rot despite the art created by the Oligarchy in Chapter 14?
(a) The control.
(b) The torment.
(c) The abyss.
(d) The layman.
6. What two countries go to war in Chapter 13?
(a) Russia and France.
(b) United States and Germany.
(c) Germany and Russia.
(d) United States and Russia.
7. After the mass escape of jailed socialists, who is Avis reunited with in Chapter 20?
8. What is Avis disguised as when she escaped the prison in Chapter 18?
(a) A priest of the commonwealth of Socialists.
(b) A speaker for the vociferous band of Proletarians.
(c) A daughter of a wealthy member of the Oligarchy.
(d) A leader of the group of rebel Anarchists.
9. Who does Carson prevent Avis from interacting with for her safety in Chapter 19?
(a) Anarchist rebel.
(b) Iron Heel spy.
(c) Nazi sympathizer.
(d) Communist Red.
10. Who is willing to destroy the influence of another group through political and violent confrontation in Chapter 16?
(c) Fighting Groups.
11. What group's members become separated by a higher lifestyle, thus creating a caste system in Chapter 15?
(c) Favored Unions.
12. What country becomes an oligarchy on its own after a social revolution in Chapter 15?
13. What do the workers in both countries do that stop working for a week in Chapter 13?
(a) A demonstration.
(b) Factory closings.
(c) Factory fires.
(d) A strike.
14. What do many of the abandoned proletariat turn to find meaning in Chapter 15?
(a) Socialist actions.
(b) Revolutionist speeches.
(c) Communist books.
(d) Biblical faith.
15. What do the revolutionists destroy of the Mercenaries in Chapter 24?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Avis take refuge in Chapter 18?
2. Who are the people of the abyss in Chapter 24?
3. What group instigates the riots in Chapter 20?
4. Who rises to power in the Oligarchy after opposing the compensation sought by the prisoner that is condemned to death in Chapter 20?
5. When an alliance is forged between the two countries, how is it broken in Chapter 13?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)