|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country becomes an oligarchy on its own after a social revolution in Chapter 15?
2. What branch of the Oligarchy also has loyal revolutionists in Chapter 22?
(a) Secret Service.
(d) Alias Terminal.
3. What do many of the abandoned proletariat turn to find meaning in Chapter 15?
(a) Biblical faith.
(b) Communist books.
(c) Revolutionist speeches.
(d) Socialist actions.
4. In whose arms does Everhard seek comfort in in Chapter 15?
5. Why are the socialists arrested at the event in Chapter 17?
(a) For waging war.
(b) For lampooning Everhard.
(c) For disagreeing with the Oligarchy.
(d) For trying to bomb Congress.
6. What are the soldiers wearing that attended the speech in Chapter 16?
(a) Wooden rifles.
(b) Bulletproof vests.
(c) Red suits.
(d) Scarlet livery.
7. Who are the people of the abyss in Chapter 24?
(a) The dancing revolutionaries.
(b) The industrialists of the Mercenaries.
(c) The Oligarch fools.
(d) The working/poor classes not afﬁliated with the Favored Unions.
8. What does Avis describe as the environment that the Oligarchy, Everhard, and the directors of the revolution operated in Chapter 16?
(a) Spying mistrust.
(b) Anarchist confusion.
(c) Nazi espionage.
(d) Communist totalitarianism.
9. When the Oligarchy gets word of the impending revolt, where do they plan a preventive strike in Chapter 23?
(a) Ann Arbor.
(d) New York.
10. What is untouched and unharmed that belonged to the Oligarchs during the rampage in Chapter 24?
11. In her remembrances, who does Avis think and write about that were sympathizers to her cause in Chapter 20?
(a) Carson, Wickson, Everhard, and the Bishop.
(b) Carson, Jackson, Everhard, and her father.
(c) Her father, her priest, Bishop, and Wickson.
(d) Her father, Bishop, Jackson, and Jackson's lawyer.
12. What is impassive and deliberate according to Avis, taking its revenge on the revolutionists in Chapter 25?
(a) The Impassable Torment.
(b) The Bewitched One.
(c) The Iron Heel.
(d) The Soldier's Cry.
13. Who does Avis think was behind the interruption of the speech in Chapter 16?
14. Who wins an election to Congress in Chapter 12?
15. What does the person who humbly ministers the poor call his or her work in Chapter 12?
(c) Christ's work.
(d) A calling.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is broken or halted by the Oligarchy across the country in Chapter 10?
2. What is the name of Avis' alternative personality in Chapter 20?
3. Who does Avis say unequivocally as not having anything to do with the the scary event at the speech in Chapter 17?
4. What is the name of the violent, secret side of the Revolution in Chapter 16?
5. What does Everhard believe will continue to fester and rot despite the art created by the Oligarchy in Chapter 14?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)