|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Oligarchy do to prevent the Socialists from gaining a majority in Chapter 13?
(b) Stealth surveillance.
(c) Political machinations.
(d) Crowd riots.
2. Who is the condemned criminal that actually committed the crime in Chapter 17?
3. What is the name of Avis' alternative personality in Chapter 20?
4. What is the Oligarchy beginning to crush through violence in Chapter 10?
(a) The revolution.
(b) The leader.
(c) The worker.
(d) The preacher.
5. What group exists between the abandoned proletariat and the favored unions in Chapter 16?
(c) Iron Heel spies.
6. Who does Avis say unequivocally as not having anything to do with the the scary event at the speech in Chapter 17?
7. What is the name of the violent, secret side of the Revolution in Chapter 16?
(a) Fighting Groups.
8. What are the soldiers wearing that attended the speech in Chapter 16?
(a) Bulletproof vests.
(b) Red suits.
(c) Wooden rifles.
(d) Scarlet livery.
9. Who rises to power in the Oligarchy after opposing the compensation sought by the prisoner that is condemned to death in Chapter 20?
(a) Priests and communist leaders.
(b) Anarchists and rebel factions.
(c) Lawyers and company owners.
(d) Dreamers and doers.
10. Who does Carson prevent Avis from interacting with for her safety in Chapter 19?
(a) Nazi sympathizer.
(b) Communist Red.
(c) Iron Heel spy.
(d) Anarchist rebel.
11. What is impassive and deliberate according to Avis, taking its revenge on the revolutionists in Chapter 25?
(a) The Soldier's Cry.
(b) The Iron Heel.
(c) The Bewitched One.
(d) The Impassable Torment.
12. Where do many proletariats perish as they believed in the end times in Chapter 15?
(b) Underground factories.
(d) Mountain tops.
13. What do the workers in both countries do that stop working for a week in Chapter 13?
(a) Factory closings.
(b) Factory fires.
(c) A strike.
(d) A demonstration.
14. Who preaches a sermon that invokes the ire of the Oligarchy?
15. Who is believed dead but Avis notices during the riots in Chapter 20?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Avis describe as the appliances that helped her submerge her identity in Chapter 19?
2. Who is the revolutionary that helps Avis set up her home in the woods in Chapter 19?
3. Who is condemned to death by the Oligarchy after being discovered as a socialist spy in Chapter 20?
4. What event is shrouded in mystery for seven centuries that is mentioned in the last section of the book?
5. What are the two lives that Avis has lived in Chapter 19?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)