|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event is shrouded in mystery for seven centuries that is mentioned in the last section of the book?
(a) The massacre of the Oligarchs.
(b) The death of Avis.
(c) The execution of Ernest Everhard.
(d) The birth of the new Mercenaries.
2. What is to begin with a simultaneous, country-wide strike against the pillars of the Oligarchy's social and political structure in Chapter 22?
(a) First Revolt.
(b) Proletariat Dominance.
(c) Chicago Commune.
(d) Oligarch Resurgence.
3. What does Avis see rising "more ominously in the heavens" as she and a fellow agent move further into the city in Chapter 24?
(b) Pillars of smoke.
(d) Violent crime.
4. Who does Avis become a partner to in life and work through attention and support in Chapter 11?
5. What country becomes an oligarchy on its own after a social revolution in Chapter 15?
6. What group instigates the riots in Chapter 20?
(a) Iron Heel spies.
(d) Chicago Commune.
7. Who is willing to destroy the influence of another group through political and violent confrontation in Chapter 16?
(c) Fighting Groups.
8. Who is taking a seat in Congress when Dr. Cunningham stayed behind in San Francisco in Chapter 16?
9. Where do many proletariats perish as they believed in the end times in Chapter 15?
(c) Mountain tops.
(d) Underground factories.
10. Who makes a speech in defense of a bill in Chapter 17?
11. What is impassive and deliberate according to Avis, taking its revenge on the revolutionists in Chapter 25?
(a) The Impassable Torment.
(b) The Iron Heel.
(c) The Bewitched One.
(d) The Soldier's Cry.
12. Who offers a bribe in Chapter 11?
13. Who does Everhard talk to when he contemplates how the Oligarchy will reassert control over the country in Chapter 14?
(a) A Socialist puppet.
(b) A Communist spy.
(c) A leader of a union.
(d) A Fascist dictator.
14. Who receives potatoes that Avis witnesses in Chapter 12?
15. What two countries go to war in Chapter 13?
(a) Germany and Russia.
(b) United States and Germany.
(c) United States and Russia.
(d) Russia and France.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who ironically owns the area that Avis takes refuge in in Chapter 18?
2. After refusing to take a bribe, who loses his home, wealth and influence in Chapter 11?
3. Who makes clandestine plans with prison guards while Avis was in prison in Chapter 18?
4. What does Everhard's partners hope that the conflict in the Congressional elections would come to in Chapter 11?
5. Who begins to speak derisively of the Oligarchy at the event in Chapter 17?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)