|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Oligarchy gets word of the impending revolt, where do they plan a preventive strike in Chapter 23?
(a) New York.
(c) Ann Arbor.
2. Where does Avis take refuge in Chapter 18?
(a) Santa Barbara.
(c) San Francisco.
(d) San Marin.
3. What does Everhard believe will continue to fester and rot despite the art created by the Oligarchy in Chapter 14?
(a) The abyss.
(b) The control.
(c) The torment.
(d) The layman.
4. Why are the socialists arrested at the event in Chapter 17?
(a) For waging war.
(b) For trying to bomb Congress.
(c) For disagreeing with the Oligarchy.
(d) For lampooning Everhard.
5. What group instigates the riots in Chapter 20?
(a) Chicago Commune.
(b) Iron Heel spies.
6. Who rises to power in the Oligarchy after opposing the compensation sought by the prisoner that is condemned to death in Chapter 20?
(a) Dreamers and doers.
(b) Lawyers and company owners.
(c) Anarchists and rebel factions.
(d) Priests and communist leaders.
7. What does Everhard's partners hope that the conflict in the Congressional elections would come to in Chapter 11?
(a) A wild demonstration.
(b) A ceasefire.
(c) A tumultuous resurgence.
(d) A peaceful resolution.
8. What is the Oligarchy beginning to crush through violence in Chapter 10?
(a) The preacher.
(b) The worker.
(c) The leader.
(d) The revolution.
9. What do many of the abandoned proletariat turn to find meaning in Chapter 15?
(a) Biblical faith.
(b) Socialist actions.
(c) Revolutionist speeches.
(d) Communist books.
10. In her remembrances, who does Avis think and write about that were sympathizers to her cause in Chapter 20?
(a) Her father, Bishop, Jackson, and Jackson's lawyer.
(b) Carson, Wickson, Everhard, and the Bishop.
(c) Her father, her priest, Bishop, and Wickson.
(d) Carson, Jackson, Everhard, and her father.
11. Who becomes a spy and vaporizes a prison in Chapter 20?
12. What is the name of Avis' father's book?
(a) Economics and Education.
(b) Anarchy and Its Purpose.
(c) Poverty and the Oligarchy.
(d) Socialists and the Working Poor.
13. What is to begin with a simultaneous, country-wide strike against the pillars of the Oligarchy's social and political structure in Chapter 22?
(a) Proletariat Dominance.
(b) Chicago Commune.
(c) Oligarch Resurgence.
(d) First Revolt.
14. Who does Dr. Cunningham meet in San Francisco in Chapter 16?
15. Who receives potatoes that Avis witnesses in Chapter 12?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Everhard sent to prison in Chapter 17?
2. Where do the terrorist groups originate from in Chapter 25?
3. What group's members become separated by a higher lifestyle, thus creating a caste system in Chapter 15?
4. What do the abandoned proletariat wait for in Chapter 15?
5. Who do the socialists drive out of power in Chapter 14?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)