Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do many proletariats perish as they believed in the end times in Chapter 15?
(a) Underground factories.
(c) Mountain tops.
2. What do the workers in both countries do that stop working for a week in Chapter 13?
(a) Factory fires.
(b) Factory closings.
(c) A strike.
(d) A demonstration.
3. What is Avis disguised as when she escaped the prison in Chapter 18?
(a) A priest of the commonwealth of Socialists.
(b) A speaker for the vociferous band of Proletarians.
(c) A leader of the group of rebel Anarchists.
(d) A daughter of a wealthy member of the Oligarchy.
4. Where does the person who is preaching get sent to for his sermon in Chapter 12?
(a) A detention facility.
(b) A prison for the handicapped.
(c) An asylum for the insane.
(d) A hospital for the physically inept.
5. Where is Everhard sent to prison in Chapter 17?
6. What event is shrouded in mystery for seven centuries that is mentioned in the last section of the book?
(a) The birth of the new Mercenaries.
(b) The massacre of the Oligarchs.
(c) The execution of Ernest Everhard.
(d) The death of Avis.
7. Who suppresses Dr. Cunningham's book's publication?
8. What does Avis see rising "more ominously in the heavens" as she and a fellow agent move further into the city in Chapter 24?
(a) Violent crime.
(b) Pillars of smoke.
9. Where does Avis take refuge in Chapter 18?
(a) San Marin.
(b) Santa Barbara.
(d) San Francisco.
10. Who does Dr. Cunningham meet in San Francisco in Chapter 16?
11. Who does Everhard talk to when he contemplates how the Oligarchy will reassert control over the country in Chapter 14?
(a) A Fascist dictator.
(b) A Communist spy.
(c) A Socialist puppet.
(d) A leader of a union.
12. Who makes clandestine plans with prison guards while Avis was in prison in Chapter 18?
13. Who ironically owns the area that Avis takes refuge in in Chapter 18?
14. Who becomes a spy and vaporizes a prison in Chapter 20?
15. What organizations have loyal revolutionists willing to participate at any cost in Chapter 22?
(a) Oligarchs and Patriachs.
(b) Grangers and Mariners.
(c) Mercuraries and Favored Unions.
(d) Proletarians and Oligarchs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Avis' father think of the circumstances surrounding the publication of his book and subsequent events?
2. Into what does Avis, Everhard and her father move into in Chapter 12?
3. Who does Avis think was behind the interruption of the speech in Chapter 16?
4. Who humbly ministers the poor in Chapter 12?
5. What group instigates the riots in Chapter 20?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)