|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the mass escape of jailed socialists, who is Avis reunited with in Chapter 20?
2. What group instigates the riots in Chapter 20?
(c) Iron Heel spies.
(d) Chicago Commune.
3. What does the person who humbly ministers the poor call his or her work in Chapter 12?
(b) A calling.
(c) Christ's work.
4. What is the person who humbly ministers the poor call his or her work terrified of in Chapter 12?
(a) Being found by the Oligarchy and sent to the asylum.
(b) Being controlled by the Socialist machine.
(c) Losing all of her wealth and influence.
(d) Being defeated through violence by the Anarchists.
5. What are the soldiers wearing that attended the speech in Chapter 16?
(a) Scarlet livery.
(b) Bulletproof vests.
(c) Red suits.
(d) Wooden rifles.
6. What are some the fragments of nightmarish memories Avis retains of her night in Chicago in Chapter 25?
(a) Being locked in a prison underground.
(b) Being force-fed the remains of a dead rat.
(c) Being captured by ingrates and tortured mercilessly.
(d) Being taken by a soldier, believing her passwords of the Oligarchy, to a hospital.
7. Who is believed dead but Avis notices during the riots in Chapter 20?
8. For how many months is Avis imprisoned without charge in Chapter 17?
9. Who preaches a sermon that invokes the ire of the Oligarchy?
10. What is the next uprising that Everhard is planning called in Chapter 25?
(a) Underground Affair.
(b) Second Revolution.
(d) Second Revolt.
11. What is the new caste group that arose as the Oligarchy developed a new system of government in Chapter 20?
(b) Favored Unions.
12. What is the Oligarchy beginning to crush through violence in Chapter 10?
(a) The leader.
(b) The worker.
(c) The revolution.
(d) The preacher.
13. What is Avis alerted of in the footnotes of the last section of the book?
(a) An insurgent uprising.
(b) A revolutionary war.
(c) An upcoming mercenary raid.
(d) A bloody massacre.
14. What is impassive and deliberate according to Avis, taking its revenge on the revolutionists in Chapter 25?
(a) The Soldier's Cry.
(b) The Bewitched One.
(c) The Iron Heel.
(d) The Impassable Torment.
15. What does the group give to the Oligarchy in return for financial and material compensation in Chapter 15?
(a) Economic support.
(b) Art supplies.
(c) Health supplies.
(d) Political support.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is broken or halted by the Oligarchy across the country in Chapter 10?
2. What interrupts the speech in Chapter 17?
3. Who does Avis become a partner to in life and work through attention and support in Chapter 11?
4. Where do many proletariats perish as they believed in the end times in Chapter 15?
5. After refusing to take a bribe, who loses his home, wealth and influence in Chapter 11?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)