|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wins an election to Congress in Chapter 12?
2. Who is condemned to death by the Oligarchy after being discovered as a socialist spy in Chapter 20?
3. How do Avis and Everhard travel out of Chicago in Chapter 25?
(a) By bus.
(b) By subway.
(c) By car.
(d) By train.
4. What is the new caste group that arose as the Oligarchy developed a new system of government in Chapter 20?
(c) Favored Unions.
5. In her remembrances, who does Avis think and write about that were sympathizers to her cause in Chapter 20?
(a) Carson, Wickson, Everhard, and the Bishop.
(b) Her father, Bishop, Jackson, and Jackson's lawyer.
(c) Carson, Jackson, Everhard, and her father.
(d) Her father, her priest, Bishop, and Wickson.
6. Where do many proletariats perish as they believed in the end times in Chapter 15?
(c) Underground factories.
(d) Mountain tops.
7. What do the revolutionists destroy of the Mercenaries in Chapter 24?
8. Who begins to speak derisively of the Oligarchy at the event in Chapter 17?
9. Who makes a speech in defense of a bill in Chapter 17?
10. Who does Everhard talk to when he contemplates how the Oligarchy will reassert control over the country in Chapter 14?
(a) A Communist spy.
(b) A leader of a union.
(c) A Fascist dictator.
(d) A Socialist puppet.
11. What does the Oligarchy do to prevent the Socialists from gaining a majority in Chapter 13?
(a) Stealth surveillance.
(c) Political machinations.
(d) Crowd riots.
12. What is Avis disguised as when she escaped the prison in Chapter 18?
(a) A speaker for the vociferous band of Proletarians.
(b) A priest of the commonwealth of Socialists.
(c) A leader of the group of rebel Anarchists.
(d) A daughter of a wealthy member of the Oligarchy.
13. Who does Everhard comment is getting bolder in Chapter 10?
(a) Iron Heel.
14. What does Avis witness being thrown into a police convoy in Chapter 24?
(a) A bomb.
(d) Tear gas.
15. What later buries the cave several hundred years later in Chapter 19?
(a) An apocalypse.
(b) A tidal wave.
(c) An earthquake.
(d) A tsunami.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Avis' father think of the circumstances surrounding the publication of his book and subsequent events?
2. What does Avis describe as the environment that the Oligarchy, Everhard, and the directors of the revolution operated in Chapter 16?
3. Who humbly ministers the poor in Chapter 12?
4. What is the person who humbly ministers the poor call his or her work terrified of in Chapter 12?
5. What does the person who humbly ministers the poor call his or her work in Chapter 12?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)