|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is taking a seat in Congress when Dr. Cunningham stayed behind in San Francisco in Chapter 16?
2. Who does Avis become a partner to in life and work through attention and support in Chapter 11?
3. What is untouched and unharmed that belonged to the Oligarchs during the rampage in Chapter 24?
4. Who does Avis say unequivocally as not having anything to do with the the scary event at the speech in Chapter 17?
5. What group comes to a financial agreement with the Oligarchy in in Chapter 15?
(a) Rebelling factions.
(b) Favored leftists.
(c) Favored unions.
(d) Ruling anarchists.
6. Who wins an election to Congress in Chapter 12?
7. What does Avis describe as the environment that the Oligarchy, Everhard, and the directors of the revolution operated in Chapter 16?
(a) Spying mistrust.
(b) Communist totalitarianism.
(c) Nazi espionage.
(d) Anarchist confusion.
8. When the Oligarchy gets word of the impending revolt, where do they plan a preventive strike in Chapter 23?
(b) Ann Arbor.
(d) New York.
9. What branch of the Oligarchy also has loyal revolutionists in Chapter 22?
(a) Secret Service.
(b) Alias Terminal.
10. What two countries go to war in Chapter 13?
(a) Russia and France.
(b) United States and Russia.
(c) United States and Germany.
(d) Germany and Russia.
11. In her remembrances, who does Avis think and write about that were sympathizers to her cause in Chapter 20?
(a) Carson, Jackson, Everhard, and her father.
(b) Her father, her priest, Bishop, and Wickson.
(c) Her father, Bishop, Jackson, and Jackson's lawyer.
(d) Carson, Wickson, Everhard, and the Bishop.
12. Where do many proletariats perish as they believed in the end times in Chapter 15?
(a) Underground factories.
(b) Mountain tops.
13. Who is believed dead but Avis notices during the riots in Chapter 20?
14. Who suppresses Dr. Cunningham's book's publication?
15. What does Avis describe as the appliances that helped her submerge her identity in Chapter 19?
(a) Immune boosters.
(b) Wigs and makeup.
(c) Protein shakes.
(d) Plastic surgery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What group exists between the abandoned proletariat and the favored unions in Chapter 16?
2. Who is Avis willing to work in alliance with in Washington in Chapter 16?
3. What are some the fragments of nightmarish memories Avis retains of her night in Chicago in Chapter 25?
4. Into what does Avis, Everhard and her father move into in Chapter 12?
5. What is the person who humbly ministers the poor call his or her work terrified of in Chapter 12?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)