|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the next uprising that Everhard is planning called in Chapter 25?
(a) Second Revolt.
(b) Second Revolution.
(d) Underground Affair.
2. What does the Oligarchy create involving art in Chapter 14?
(a) Fire stations.
(b) Wonder cities.
(c) Monolithic monuments.
(d) Train stations.
3. How do Avis and Everhard travel out of Chicago in Chapter 25?
(a) By car.
(b) By subway.
(c) By bus.
(d) By train.
4. What is to begin with a simultaneous, country-wide strike against the pillars of the Oligarchy's social and political structure in Chapter 22?
(a) Proletariat Dominance.
(b) Oligarch Resurgence.
(c) Chicago Commune.
(d) First Revolt.
5. What does Avis' father think of the circumstances surrounding the publication of his book and subsequent events?
(a) A regrettable mistake.
(b) A folly.
(c) A long-forgotten compromise.
(d) An adventure.
6. Where does Avis take refuge in Chapter 18?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) Santa Barbara.
(c) San Marin.
7. What is the Oligarchy beginning to crush through violence in Chapter 10?
(a) The leader.
(b) The preacher.
(c) The revolution.
(d) The worker.
8. What two countries go to war in Chapter 13?
(a) United States and Russia.
(b) Germany and Russia.
(c) United States and Germany.
(d) Russia and France.
9. Who rises to power in the Oligarchy after opposing the compensation sought by the prisoner that is condemned to death in Chapter 20?
(a) Dreamers and doers.
(b) Lawyers and company owners.
(c) Anarchists and rebel factions.
(d) Priests and communist leaders.
10. What is untouched and unharmed that belonged to the Oligarchs during the rampage in Chapter 24?
11. Where is Everhard sent to prison in Chapter 17?
12. Where do the terrorist groups originate from in Chapter 25?
(a) Members of the Oligarchs and Proletariats.
(b) Surviving members of the Patriarchs.
(c) Surviving members of both the revolutionists and the people of the abyss.
(d) Members of the Grangers and Mercenaries.
13. In her remembrances, who does Avis think and write about that were sympathizers to her cause in Chapter 20?
(a) Carson, Jackson, Everhard, and her father.
(b) Her father, Bishop, Jackson, and Jackson's lawyer.
(c) Carson, Wickson, Everhard, and the Bishop.
(d) Her father, her priest, Bishop, and Wickson.
14. What group instigates the riots in Chapter 20?
(b) Chicago Commune.
(d) Iron Heel spies.
15. After the mass escape of jailed socialists, who is Avis reunited with in Chapter 20?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the abandoned proletariat wait for in Chapter 15?
2. After refusing to take a bribe, who loses his home, wealth and influence in Chapter 11?
3. What is the person who humbly ministers the poor call his or her work terrified of in Chapter 12?
4. Who is the revolutionary that helps Avis set up her home in the woods in Chapter 19?
5. Into what does Avis, Everhard and her father move into in Chapter 12?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)