|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the person who is preaching get sent to for his sermon in Chapter 12?
(a) A prison for the handicapped.
(b) A detention facility.
(c) An asylum for the insane.
(d) A hospital for the physically inept.
2. Where does Avis take refuge in Chapter 18?
(a) San Marin.
(b) Santa Barbara.
(c) San Francisco.
3. What is untouched and unharmed that belonged to the Oligarchs during the rampage in Chapter 24?
4. What is the Oligarchy beginning to crush through violence in Chapter 10?
(a) The preacher.
(b) The worker.
(c) The leader.
(d) The revolution.
5. Who suppresses Dr. Cunningham's book's publication?
6. What two countries go to war in Chapter 13?
(a) United States and Russia.
(b) Russia and France.
(c) Germany and Russia.
(d) United States and Germany.
7. Who rises to power in the Oligarchy after opposing the compensation sought by the prisoner that is condemned to death in Chapter 20?
(a) Anarchists and rebel factions.
(b) Dreamers and doers.
(c) Priests and communist leaders.
(d) Lawyers and company owners.
8. For how many months is Avis imprisoned without charge in Chapter 17?
9. What does the person who humbly ministers the poor call his or her work in Chapter 12?
(b) Christ's work.
(d) A calling.
10. In her remembrances, who does Avis think and write about that were sympathizers to her cause in Chapter 20?
(a) Carson, Jackson, Everhard, and her father.
(b) Her father, Bishop, Jackson, and Jackson's lawyer.
(c) Her father, her priest, Bishop, and Wickson.
(d) Carson, Wickson, Everhard, and the Bishop.
11. Despite running through murderous mobs, taking refuge under piles of dead bodies, and coming near to death herself, what does Avis feel she can do in Chapter 24?
(a) Be loving and compassionate.
(b) Be removed, distant, and objective.
(c) Be cold and calculated.
(d) Be emotional and passionate.
12. Whose body does Avis see with Everhard as they try to leave Chicago in Chapter 25?
(a) Bishop Morehouse.
(b) Dr. Cunningham.
13. What country becomes an oligarchy on its own after a social revolution in Chapter 15?
14. What group comes to a financial agreement with the Oligarchy in in Chapter 15?
(a) Ruling anarchists.
(b) Rebelling factions.
(c) Favored unions.
(d) Favored leftists.
15. Who ironically owns the area that Avis takes refuge in in Chapter 18?
Short Answer Questions
1. Into what does Avis, Everhard and her father move into in Chapter 12?
2. What is Avis disguised as when she escaped the prison in Chapter 18?
3. What does Avis describe as the environment that the Oligarchy, Everhard, and the directors of the revolution operated in Chapter 16?
4. Who does Carson prevent Avis from interacting with for her safety in Chapter 19?
5. Who preaches a sermon that invokes the ire of the Oligarchy?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)