|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Avis willing to work in alliance with in Washington in Chapter 16?
(c) Fighting Groups.
2. Where does the person who is preaching get sent to for his sermon in Chapter 12?
(a) An asylum for the insane.
(b) A prison for the handicapped.
(c) A detention facility.
(d) A hospital for the physically inept.
3. Who receives potatoes that Avis witnesses in Chapter 12?
4. After the mass escape of jailed socialists, who is Avis reunited with in Chapter 20?
5. Who do the socialists drive out of power in Chapter 14?
(a) Warlord governor.
(b) French mercenaries.
(c) Russian communists.
(d) American spies.
6. How do Avis and Everhard travel out of Chicago in Chapter 25?
(a) By car.
(b) By subway.
(c) By bus.
(d) By train.
7. In whose arms does Everhard seek comfort in in Chapter 15?
8. Who is believed dead but Avis notices during the riots in Chapter 20?
9. What do the revolutionists destroy of the Mercenaries in Chapter 24?
10. What group exists between the abandoned proletariat and the favored unions in Chapter 16?
(d) Iron Heel spies.
11. What later buries the cave several hundred years later in Chapter 19?
(a) An apocalypse.
(b) An earthquake.
(c) A tsunami.
(d) A tidal wave.
12. What does the Oligarchy do to prevent the Socialists from gaining a majority in Chapter 13?
(a) Political machinations.
(b) Stealth surveillance.
(d) Crowd riots.
13. Who does Avis say unequivocally as not having anything to do with the the scary event at the speech in Chapter 17?
14. How does the Oligarchy keep getting in the way of the Revolutionaries in Chapter 14?
(a) Bombing civilian areas.
(b) Blocking citizenship.
(c) Seizing ammunition supplies.
(d) Taking control of larger unions.
15. What is Avis disguised as when she escaped the prison in Chapter 18?
(a) A daughter of a wealthy member of the Oligarchy.
(b) A speaker for the vociferous band of Proletarians.
(c) A leader of the group of rebel Anarchists.
(d) A priest of the commonwealth of Socialists.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do many of the abandoned proletariat turn to find meaning in Chapter 15?
2. Who does Dr. Cunningham meet in San Francisco in Chapter 16?
3. What does Avis' father think of the circumstances surrounding the publication of his book and subsequent events?
4. What is the next uprising that Everhard is planning called in Chapter 25?
5. What does the United States lead in collusion with Canada and South America in Chapter 15?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)