|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the violent, secret side of the Revolution in Chapter 16?
(b) Fighting Groups.
2. What group's members become separated by a higher lifestyle, thus creating a caste system in Chapter 15?
(c) Favored Unions.
3. Where does the person who is preaching get sent to for his sermon in Chapter 12?
(a) A detention facility.
(b) A prison for the handicapped.
(c) A hospital for the physically inept.
(d) An asylum for the insane.
4. Who does Carson prevent Avis from interacting with for her safety in Chapter 19?
(a) Iron Heel spy.
(b) Nazi sympathizer.
(c) Anarchist rebel.
(d) Communist Red.
5. What is the new caste group that arose as the Oligarchy developed a new system of government in Chapter 20?
(b) Favored Unions.
6. What does Avis' father think of the circumstances surrounding the publication of his book and subsequent events?
(a) A long-forgotten compromise.
(b) A folly.
(c) An adventure.
(d) A regrettable mistake.
7. What is untouched and unharmed that belonged to the Oligarchs during the rampage in Chapter 24?
8. What group instigates the riots in Chapter 20?
(b) Iron Heel spies.
(d) Chicago Commune.
9. Who does Avis think was behind the interruption of the speech in Chapter 16?
10. What two countries go to war in Chapter 13?
(a) Germany and Russia.
(b) United States and Germany.
(c) Russia and France.
(d) United States and Russia.
11. What group comes to a financial agreement with the Oligarchy in in Chapter 15?
(a) Favored leftists.
(b) Ruling anarchists.
(c) Rebelling factions.
(d) Favored unions.
12. What does the person who humbly ministers the poor call his or her work in Chapter 12?
(a) A calling.
(d) Christ's work.
13. What does the group give to the Oligarchy in return for financial and material compensation in Chapter 15?
(a) Art supplies.
(b) Economic support.
(c) Health supplies.
(d) Political support.
14. Who does Avis say unequivocally as not having anything to do with the the scary event at the speech in Chapter 17?
15. What interrupts the speech in Chapter 17?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Avis willing to work in alliance with in Washington in Chapter 16?
2. What does Everhard believe will continue to fester and rot despite the art created by the Oligarchy in Chapter 14?
3. Who suppresses Dr. Cunningham's book's publication?
4. What are some the fragments of nightmarish memories Avis retains of her night in Chicago in Chapter 25?
5. What organizations have loyal revolutionists willing to participate at any cost in Chapter 22?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)