|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Avis alerted of in the footnotes of the last section of the book?
(a) An upcoming mercenary raid.
(b) A revolutionary war.
(c) A bloody massacre.
(d) An insurgent uprising.
2. Who is the condemned criminal that actually committed the crime in Chapter 17?
3. What do the revolutionists destroy of the Mercenaries in Chapter 24?
4. When an alliance is forged between the two countries, how is it broken in Chapter 13?
(a) American socialists arose.
(b) German socialists arose.
(c) Russian socialists arose.
(d) French socialists arose.
5. What does the speech defend and support in Chapter 17?
(c) Mentally ill.
(d) War veterans.
6. Who is taking a seat in Congress when Dr. Cunningham stayed behind in San Francisco in Chapter 16?
7. What does Avis witness being thrown into a police convoy in Chapter 24?
(a) Tear gas.
(c) A bomb.
8. After refusing to take a bribe, who loses his home, wealth and influence in Chapter 11?
(b) Dr. Cunningham.
9. Who makes a speech in defense of a bill in Chapter 17?
10. When the Oligarchy gets word of the impending revolt, where do they plan a preventive strike in Chapter 23?
(a) New York.
(d) Ann Arbor.
11. Who wins an election to Congress in Chapter 12?
12. What are the two lives that Avis has lived in Chapter 19?
(a) Anarchist and Communist.
(b) Proletarian and Oligarchian.
(c) Nazi and anti-Nazi.
(d) Socialite and socialist.
13. Who does Avis think was behind the interruption of the speech in Chapter 16?
14. What are the soldiers wearing that attended the speech in Chapter 16?
(a) Red suits.
(b) Wooden rifles.
(c) Scarlet livery.
(d) Bulletproof vests.
15. Despite running through murderous mobs, taking refuge under piles of dead bodies, and coming near to death herself, what does Avis feel she can do in Chapter 24?
(a) Be loving and compassionate.
(b) Be removed, distant, and objective.
(c) Be cold and calculated.
(d) Be emotional and passionate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Avis' father's book?
2. Who does Avis say unequivocally as not having anything to do with the the scary event at the speech in Chapter 17?
3. Into what does Avis, Everhard and her father move into in Chapter 12?
4. Who is the revolutionary that helps Avis set up her home in the woods in Chapter 19?
5. Who receives potatoes that Avis witnesses in Chapter 12?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)