|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who offers a bribe in Chapter 11?
2. What is to begin with a simultaneous, country-wide strike against the pillars of the Oligarchy's social and political structure in Chapter 22?
(a) First Revolt.
(b) Proletariat Dominance.
(c) Oligarch Resurgence.
(d) Chicago Commune.
3. What is the name of Avis' father's book?
(a) Anarchy and Its Purpose.
(b) Poverty and the Oligarchy.
(c) Economics and Education.
(d) Socialists and the Working Poor.
4. What does the person who humbly ministers the poor call his or her work in Chapter 12?
(a) A calling.
(c) Christ's work.
5. What does Avis see rising "more ominously in the heavens" as she and a fellow agent move further into the city in Chapter 24?
(c) Violent crime.
(d) Pillars of smoke.
6. After refusing to take a bribe, who loses his home, wealth and influence in Chapter 11?
(d) Dr. Cunningham.
7. Who is the condemned criminal that actually committed the crime in Chapter 17?
8. What country becomes an oligarchy on its own after a social revolution in Chapter 15?
9. Who is Avis willing to work in alliance with in Washington in Chapter 16?
(c) Fighting Groups.
10. After the mass escape of jailed socialists, who is Avis reunited with in Chapter 20?
11. Why are the socialists arrested at the event in Chapter 17?
(a) For waging war.
(b) For trying to bomb Congress.
(c) For lampooning Everhard.
(d) For disagreeing with the Oligarchy.
12. Who makes clandestine plans with prison guards while Avis was in prison in Chapter 18?
13. What branch of the Oligarchy also has loyal revolutionists in Chapter 22?
(b) Alias Terminal.
(c) Secret Service.
14. What do the revolutionists destroy of the Mercenaries in Chapter 24?
15. Despite running through murderous mobs, taking refuge under piles of dead bodies, and coming near to death herself, what does Avis feel she can do in Chapter 24?
(a) Be cold and calculated.
(b) Be emotional and passionate.
(c) Be loving and compassionate.
(d) Be removed, distant, and objective.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Avis and Everhard travel out of Chicago in Chapter 25?
2. Who is believed dead but Avis notices during the riots in Chapter 20?
3. What interrupts the speech in Chapter 17?
4. When the Oligarchy gets word of the impending revolt, where do they plan a preventive strike in Chapter 23?
5. Who rises to power in the Oligarchy after opposing the compensation sought by the prisoner that is condemned to death in Chapter 20?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)