|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the scientist responsible for many of the society-defining discoveries of the era?
(a) Avis' lover.
(b) Avis' father.
(c) Avis' uncle.
(d) Avis' brother.
2. What does Avis say that her life, along with Everhard and others gets sucked into in Chapter 9?
(a) A war.
(b) A vortex.
(c) A demonstration.
(d) A rally.
3. What does Avis realize she was complicit in doing by Chapter 3?
(a) Imprisoning Everhard.
(b) Betraying the Bishop.
(c) Perpetuating the situation.
(d) Punishing her father.
4. What is the group that Everhard says is the only group that counter using force through a little known law in Chapter 8?
(a) Business owners.
(b) American militia.
(c) Legal groups.
(d) Government associations.
5. What is the group that attends Dr. Cunningham's dinner in Chapter 7?
(b) Small capitalists.
(c) Big business.
6. What does Everhard consider Wickson's offer in Chapter 6?
(a) An admission of guilt.
(b) A lovely gift.
(c) A truce.
(d) A bribe.
7. What circumstances in London's life that gave rise to his creation of the book?
(a) Artistic and evolutionary.
(b) Economic and theoretical.
(c) Political and social.
(d) Personal and creative.
8. In what sectors is the group that Everhard speaks to in Chapter 4 leaders in?
(a) Art, philosophy, and natural sciences.
(b) Business, art, and economics.
(c) Business, politics, and governance.
(d) Natural sciences and psychology.
9. Who should share equally in both the responsibilities and the rewards according to London?
(a) The individual.
(b) The collective.
(c) The proletariat.
(d) The business owner.
10. What does the person who Avis sees at her home tell her that he has given up in order to not compromise his ideals?
11. Who does Dr. Cunningham invite to his dinner in Chapter 7?
12. Who was out of place from the beginning of the dinner event described in Chapter 1?
(b) Dr. Cunningham.
13. What did the intellectual class love to hear the sound of in Chapter 1 according to Avis?
(a) Their own voices.
(b) The national anthem.
(c) The music they composed.
(d) The songs of their fathers.
14. What does Meredith say in a footnote that there are several of in the world?
15. On what ticket does Everhard run for Congress in in Chapter 7?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Avis believe that she will marry by Chapter 4?
2. In what principle does Everhard prove that the group is no different from the group they resent in Chapter 7?
3. Where does Jackson live?
4. What is the name of Dr. Cunningham's dinner in Chapter 7?
5. Who does Avis interview that ran away when faced with uncomfortable truths?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)