|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Avis believe that she will marry by Chapter 4?
(d) Dr. Cunningham.
2. Who is being treated as a martyr because of sympathy for the poor in Chapter 5?
3. What does Everhard say revolutionaries will be willing to do in Chapter 5?
(a) Respond to violence with violence.
(b) Give up their right to bear arms.
(c) Hold peaceful demonstrations at all hours.
(d) Move to another country to continue protesting.
4. What does Meredith say in a footnote that there are several of in the world?
5. For how long was the manuscript hidden?
(a) 12 centuries.
(b) 10 centuries.
(c) 7 centuries.
(d) 2 centuries.
6. What are the two circumstances of time in discussion in the Iron Heel?
(a) Utopian present and Dystopian future.
(b) Anarchical present and Tyrannical future.
(c) Marxist present and Fascist future.
(d) Socialist revolution and Utopian future.
7. Since the death of his wife, what had Dr. Cunningham become?
(a) A demanding professor.
(b) A recluse.
(c) A dinner party sociologist.
(d) A hard drinker.
8. Who was London greatly influenced by in his writing?
9. In what sectors is the group that Everhard speaks to in Chapter 4 leaders in?
(a) Natural sciences and psychology.
(b) Art, philosophy, and natural sciences.
(c) Business, politics, and governance.
(d) Business, art, and economics.
10. What did the room where the dinner event was held in Chapter 1 consist mainly of?
(a) Students and poor professors.
(b) Overweight and over dressed men.
(c) Dancers and strippers.
(d) Underweight and stylish men.
11. Who made their money off of the workers?
(d) Business owners.
12. How does the anti-revolutionary movement change in Chapter 9?
(a) It becomes violent.
(b) It dies out.
(c) It becomes peaceful.
(d) It grows in popularity.
13. What does Everhard show the group to prove his findings about the use of drafting in Chapter 8?
(b) Audio recording.
14. What does Avis accuse the group that Everhard talks to of doing in Chapter 4?
(a) Being lazy.
(b) Being selfish.
(c) Mismanaging society.
(d) Lying profusely.
15. Where does Jackson live?
(a) An underground tavern.
(b) A rented, slum-like area by the lake.
(c) A mob cartel.
(d) A prostitution brothel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What circumstances in London's life that gave rise to his creation of the book?
2. What leadership does Avis admire about Everhard?
3. What happens to Avis because of her association with Everhard in Chapter 5?
4. Who spoke to Avis about the legal and financial rightness of their positions?
5. What does Avis realize she was complicit in doing by Chapter 3?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)