|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In socialist theory and practice, who were entitled to more than what they were given in wages?
(d) Business owners.
2. Who does Everhard say is responsible for the plight of the armless peddler?
(a) They are.
3. The tension between what two opposing interests is the driving force behind the plot of the Iron Heel?
(a) Socialists and economists.
(b) Workers and capitalists.
(c) Marxists and Fascists.
(d) Proletariats and socialists.
4. What does the Iron Heel also discuss as a method of self-preservation?
(a) Ability to work.
(b) Ability to make fire.
5. Who does Avis believe that everyone involved in the Jackson case is bound to?
(a) A capitalist machine.
(b) Fear tactics.
(c) A socialist agenda.
(d) Nazi propaganda.
6. Who does Everhard speak to in Chapter 4?
(a) The Grangers.
(b) The Philomaths.
(c) The Revolutionists.
(d) The Wicksons.
7. For how long was the manuscript hidden?
(a) 12 centuries.
(b) 2 centuries.
(c) 7 centuries.
(d) 10 centuries.
8. Who should share equally in both the responsibilities and the rewards according to London?
(a) The proletariat.
(b) The individual.
(c) The business owner.
(d) The collective.
9. What did the intellectual class love to hear the sound of in Chapter 1 according to Avis?
(a) The songs of their fathers.
(b) The music they composed.
(c) Their own voices.
(d) The national anthem.
10. What does Everhard reveal the truth about to Avis in Chapter 4?
(a) The rebels and the Anarchists.
(b) The workers and the Socialists.
(c) The rich and the Oligarchy.
(d) The poor and the working classes.
11. What did speaker after speaker do to Everhard during his speech in Chapter 4?
(a) Challenge him.
(b) Interrupt him.
(c) Defeat him.
(d) Submit to him.
12. To whom does the Bishop makes his presentation in Chapter 6?
13. Who does Dr. Cunningham prod to speak at the dinner event at his house?
14. Who does the group that Everhard speak to in Chapter 4 comprise?
(a) Rebelling factions.
(b) Millionaire capitalists.
(c) Working socialists.
(d) Peaceful anarchists.
15. What does Avis do for the Bishop's speech in Chapter 6?
(a) Transcribe it.
(b) Write it.
(c) Hide it.
(d) Edit it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Avis because of her association with Everhard in Chapter 5?
2. What does Everhard say revolutionaries will be willing to do in Chapter 5?
3. What did Everhard elaborate on the relationship between?
4. What does Wickson offer Everhard in Chapter 6?
5. What is the economic and philosophic theory that humanity should work together for the good of all humanity?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)