|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does the Bishop makes his presentation in Chapter 6?
2. What is the term that Avis gives to the sense of impending conflict in Chapter 5?
3. Who does Everhard question that the intellectual class really supports?
(d) Working class.
4. Who is being treated as a martyr because of sympathy for the poor in Chapter 5?
5. Who does Avis interview that ran away when faced with uncomfortable truths?
(a) Oligarchy leader.
(b) Company lawyer.
(c) Revolutionist leader.
(d) Family lawyer.
6. Who made their money off of the workers?
(a) Business owners.
7. Who does Everhard say is responsible for the plight of the armless peddler?
(b) They are.
8. Who does Avis find that she falls in love with?
(d) Dr. Cunningham.
9. On what ticket does Everhard run for Congress in in Chapter 7?
10. To whom did Avis create the manuscript in tribute of?
(a) Her dead father.
(b) Her dead mother.
(c) Her dead brother.
(d) Her dead husband.
11. Who does Everhard challenge to investigate the case of the armless peddler?
(b) Dr. Cunningham.
12. Who could be fired for challenging the opinion or story of a newspaper's corporate owners?
(a) A writing assistant.
(b) An artist.
(c) An intern.
(d) A journalist.
13. What does Everhard say that the journalists will say about the Bishop in Chapter 6?
(a) He is a liar.
(b) He was amazing.
(c) He is defeated.
(d) He was unwell.
14. Who does Dr. Cunningham invite to his dinner in Chapter 7?
15. What does Wickson offer Everhard in Chapter 6?
(a) A job.
(b) A car.
(c) A position in the army.
(d) A peace offering.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Avis accuse the group that Everhard talks to of doing in Chapter 4?
2. Who should share equally in both the responsibilities and the rewards according to London?
3. Who was London greatly influenced by in his writing?
4. Who spoke to Avis about the legal and financial rightness of their positions?
5. Who does Avis believe that she will marry by Chapter 4?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)