|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the two circumstances of time in discussion in the Iron Heel?
(a) Utopian present and Dystopian future.
(b) Marxist present and Fascist future.
(c) Anarchical present and Tyrannical future.
(d) Socialist revolution and Utopian future.
2. What does Everhard say revolutionaries will be willing to do in Chapter 5?
(a) Move to another country to continue protesting.
(b) Respond to violence with violence.
(c) Hold peaceful demonstrations at all hours.
(d) Give up their right to bear arms.
3. What does the contemporary author that offers a perspective in the Introduction think of London's writing?
4. For how long was the manuscript hidden?
(a) 7 centuries.
(b) 2 centuries.
(c) 10 centuries.
(d) 12 centuries.
5. Who does Dr. Cunningham invite to his dinner in Chapter 7?
6. What did London profit from according to the contemporary author in his Introduction?
(a) Some of the drawbacks in society.
(b) Some of his popular seminars.
(c) Some of the sales of his previous books.
(d) Some of the observations of reporters.
7. When the Bishop grows more insistent, what happens in Chapter 6?
(a) He is stabbed.
(b) He is squashed in a protest.
(c) He is heralded as a savior.
(d) He is led away from the podium.
8. What did the room where the dinner event was held in Chapter 1 consist mainly of?
(a) Overweight and over dressed men.
(b) Dancers and strippers.
(c) Students and poor professors.
(d) Underweight and stylish men.
9. What leadership does Avis admire about Everhard?
(a) Revolutionary socialist movement.
(b) Underground revolutionary movement.
(c) Anarchist rebellion.
(d) Socialist worker movement.
10. What does Wickson offer Everhard in Chapter 6?
(a) A peace offering.
(b) A position in the army.
(c) A car.
(d) A job.
11. What does Everhard reveal the truth about to Avis in Chapter 4?
(a) The rebels and the Anarchists.
(b) The workers and the Socialists.
(c) The poor and the working classes.
(d) The rich and the Oligarchy.
12. What happens to Avis because of her association with Everhard in Chapter 5?
(a) Being avoided by some friends.
(b) Being chosen by some friends.
(c) Being ridiculed by some friends.
(d) Being heralded as a prophet.
13. What is the group that attends Dr. Cunningham's dinner in Chapter 7?
(b) Small capitalists.
(c) Big business.
14. What was secretly published during the three centuries of the Iron Heel?
(a) Dr. Cunningham's manuscripts.
(b) Everhard's books.
(c) Avis' calligraphic reports.
(d) Jackson's letters.
15. Who tells Avis that Jackson was entitled to compensation?
(a) His friends and acquaintances.
(b) His wife and children.
(c) His brothers and sisters.
(d) His lawyers and superiors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the group that attends Dr. Cunningham's dinner angry at in Chapter 7?
2. Who should share equally in both the responsibilities and the rewards according to London?
3. In socialist theory and practice, who were entitled to more than what they were given in wages?
4. Where will the Bishop go according to the journalists in Chapter 6?
5. Who does Everhard question that the intellectual class really supports?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)