|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Avis that Jackson was entitled to compensation?
(a) His wife and children.
(b) His lawyers and superiors.
(c) His brothers and sisters.
(d) His friends and acquaintances.
2. Where will the Bishop go according to the journalists in Chapter 6?
(a) On an extended vacation.
(b) To a concentration camp.
(c) To prison.
(d) On a pilgrimage.
3. Who does Avis interview that ran away when faced with uncomfortable truths?
(a) Revolutionist leader.
(b) Oligarchy leader.
(c) Company lawyer.
(d) Family lawyer.
4. What does Avis accuse the group that Everhard talks to of doing in Chapter 4?
(a) Being lazy.
(b) Being selfish.
(c) Mismanaging society.
(d) Lying profusely.
5. The tension between what two opposing interests is the driving force behind the plot of the Iron Heel?
(a) Socialists and economists.
(b) Marxists and Fascists.
(c) Proletariats and socialists.
(d) Workers and capitalists.
6. Who was the scientist responsible for many of the society-defining discoveries of the era?
(a) Avis' father.
(b) Avis' brother.
(c) Avis' lover.
(d) Avis' uncle.
7. Who is the armless peddler?
(d) Dr. Cunningham.
8. What does the Iron Heel also discuss as a method of self-preservation?
(b) Ability to work.
(c) Ability to make fire.
9. On what ticket does Everhard run for Congress in in Chapter 7?
10. What does the person who Avis sees at her home tell her that he has given up in order to not compromise his ideals?
11. Who spoke to Avis about the legal and financial rightness of their positions?
(b) Cultured wives.
(c) Iron workers.
12. For how long was the manuscript hidden?
(a) 12 centuries.
(b) 10 centuries.
(c) 2 centuries.
(d) 7 centuries.
13. Who does Avis encounter in the city that has an expression of horror all the time in Chapter 4?
(d) Dr. Cunningham.
14. What does Everhard reveal the truth about to Avis in Chapter 4?
(a) The poor and the working classes.
(b) The rich and the Oligarchy.
(c) The rebels and the Anarchists.
(d) The workers and the Socialists.
15. What does the person who Avis sees at her home challenge her to look into?
(a) Wickson's story.
(b) Carson's story.
(c) Bishop's story.
(d) Jackson's story.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only person that succeeds in arguing against Everhard in Chapter 4?
2. Where was the manuscript hidden?
3. What does Avis call Everhard?
4. Who does Everhard say is responsible for the plight of the armless peddler?
5. What does Everhard consider Wickson's offer in Chapter 6?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)