|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Everhard consider Wickson's offer in Chapter 6?
(a) A lovely gift.
(b) A bribe.
(c) A truce.
(d) An admission of guilt.
2. Who is being treated as a martyr because of sympathy for the poor in Chapter 5?
3. Since the death of his wife, what had Dr. Cunningham become?
(a) A dinner party sociologist.
(b) A recluse.
(c) A demanding professor.
(d) A hard drinker.
4. What are the forces against which London struggled as an individual and against which the revolutionaries struggle in his book?
5. What does Avis realize she was complicit in doing by Chapter 3?
(a) Betraying the Bishop.
(b) Perpetuating the situation.
(c) Punishing her father.
(d) Imprisoning Everhard.
6. Who does Everhard challenge to investigate the case of the armless peddler?
(a) Dr. Cunningham.
7. What does the person who Avis sees at her home challenge her to look into?
(a) Jackson's story.
(b) Wickson's story.
(c) Bishop's story.
(d) Carson's story.
8. Who does Everhard speak to in Chapter 4?
(a) The Philomaths.
(b) The Wicksons.
(c) The Grangers.
(d) The Revolutionists.
9. Who manipulated the trial in favor of the company instead of Jackson?
(a) Company's leadership.
(b) Jackson's superiors.
(c) Jackson's lawyers.
(d) Company's lawyers.
10. Why did people support the decision against Jackson?
(a) Because they were cowards.
(b) Because they were afraid of the Oligarchy.
(c) Because they feared losing support of their families.
(d) Because they were afraid of overheating.
11. Who was London greatly influenced by in his writing?
12. Who is the armless peddler?
(a) Dr. Cunningham.
13. What did the room where the dinner event was held in Chapter 1 consist mainly of?
(a) Underweight and stylish men.
(b) Students and poor professors.
(c) Dancers and strippers.
(d) Overweight and over dressed men.
14. What is the group that attends Dr. Cunningham's dinner in Chapter 7?
(c) Small capitalists.
(d) Big business.
15. Who was out of place from the beginning of the dinner event described in Chapter 1?
(c) Dr. Cunningham.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Bishop say has drifted from Christ's teaching of compassion?
2. What does Everhard reveal the truth about to Avis in Chapter 4?
3. What does Everhard show the group to prove his findings about the use of drafting in Chapter 8?
4. What is the group that Everhard says is the only group that counter using force through a little known law in Chapter 8?
5. Who tells Avis that Jackson was entitled to compensation?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)