|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the forces against which London struggled as an individual and against which the revolutionaries struggle in his book?
2. Who manipulated the trial in favor of the company instead of Jackson?
(a) Company's leadership.
(b) Company's lawyers.
(c) Jackson's lawyers.
(d) Jackson's superiors.
3. What does Wickson offer Everhard in Chapter 6?
(a) A job.
(b) A position in the army.
(c) A peace offering.
(d) A car.
4. Who does Avis believe that she will marry by Chapter 4?
(d) Dr. Cunningham.
5. What does Everhard show the group to prove his findings about the use of drafting in Chapter 8?
(b) Audio recording.
6. What is the group that attends Dr. Cunningham's dinner in Chapter 7?
(a) Small capitalists.
(b) Big business.
7. Who does Avis encounter in the city that has an expression of horror all the time in Chapter 4?
(c) Dr. Cunningham.
8. Where will the Bishop go according to the journalists in Chapter 6?
(a) To a concentration camp.
(b) On an extended vacation.
(c) On a pilgrimage.
(d) To prison.
9. What does Avis say that her life, along with Everhard and others gets sucked into in Chapter 9?
(a) A vortex.
(b) A war.
(c) A rally.
(d) A demonstration.
10. What does the person who Avis sees at her home tell her that he has given up in order to not compromise his ideals?
11. What does Avis do for the Bishop's speech in Chapter 6?
(a) Transcribe it.
(b) Hide it.
(c) Write it.
(d) Edit it.
12. What does the person who Avis sees at her home challenge her to look into?
(a) Jackson's story.
(b) Bishop's story.
(c) Carson's story.
(d) Wickson's story.
13. To whom does the Bishop makes his presentation in Chapter 6?
14. What did the room where the dinner event was held in Chapter 1 consist mainly of?
(a) Overweight and over dressed men.
(b) Students and poor professors.
(c) Underweight and stylish men.
(d) Dancers and strippers.
15. Who protests the treatment of workers at the risk of being discharged?
(c) Dr. Cunningham.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Meredith say in a footnote that there are several of in the world?
2. What did Everhard elaborate on the relationship between?
3. What does the person that challenges Everhard say will happen to revolutionaries in Chapter 4?
4. How does the anti-revolutionary movement change in Chapter 9?
5. Who should share equally in both the responsibilities and the rewards according to London?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)