|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the group that Everhard speak to in Chapter 4 comprise?
(a) Peaceful anarchists.
(b) Millionaire capitalists.
(c) Rebelling factions.
(d) Working socialists.
2. Where was the manuscript hidden?
(a) In a tavern.
(b) In a safe.
(c) Ancient oak tree.
(d) In a cave.
3. What does Jackson's living quarters typical of?
(a) His attitude.
(b) His working class.
(c) His lifestyle.
(d) His cultural group.
4. When was the Iron Heel published?
(a) Early 1920s.
(b) Early 1880s.
(c) Early 1900s.
(d) Early 1940s.
5. What is the group that Everhard says is the only group that counter using force through a little known law in Chapter 8?
(a) Government associations.
(b) Legal groups.
(c) American militia.
(d) Business owners.
6. Who protests the treatment of workers at the risk of being discharged?
(a) Dr. Cunningham.
7. What does Everhard show the group to prove his findings about the use of drafting in Chapter 8?
(a) Audio recording.
8. Who is the armless peddler?
(d) Dr. Cunningham.
9. Who could be fired for challenging the opinion or story of a newspaper's corporate owners?
(a) An artist.
(b) An intern.
(c) A journalist.
(d) A writing assistant.
10. In what principle does Everhard prove that the group is no different from the group they resent in Chapter 7?
(a) Proletarian leanings.
(b) Desire for profit.
(c) Anarchist violence.
(d) Socialist belief.
11. Who does Avis believe that everyone involved in the Jackson case is bound to?
(a) A capitalist machine.
(b) A socialist agenda.
(c) Nazi propaganda.
(d) Fear tactics.
12. Why did people support the decision against Jackson?
(a) Because they were cowards.
(b) Because they were afraid of the Oligarchy.
(c) Because they feared losing support of their families.
(d) Because they were afraid of overheating.
13. What circumstances in London's life that gave rise to his creation of the book?
(a) Political and social.
(b) Artistic and evolutionary.
(c) Economic and theoretical.
(d) Personal and creative.
14. What was secretly published during the three centuries of the Iron Heel?
(a) Jackson's letters.
(b) Everhard's books.
(c) Avis' calligraphic reports.
(d) Dr. Cunningham's manuscripts.
15. Who does Everhard say is responsible for the plight of the armless peddler?
(c) They are.
Short Answer Questions
1. Since the death of his wife, what had Dr. Cunningham become?
2. Who should share equally in both the responsibilities and the rewards according to London?
3. What does the person who Avis sees at her home challenge her to look into?
4. What leadership does Avis admire about Everhard?
5. Who was Avis surprised to see at one of her father's social events?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)