|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Everhard say that the journalists will say about the Bishop in Chapter 6?
(a) He is a liar.
(b) He was unwell.
(c) He was amazing.
(d) He is defeated.
2. Who does Avis find that she falls in love with?
(c) Dr. Cunningham.
3. How does the anti-revolutionary movement change in Chapter 9?
(a) It dies out.
(b) It becomes peaceful.
(c) It grows in popularity.
(d) It becomes violent.
4. What does Jackson's living quarters typical of?
(a) His attitude.
(b) His working class.
(c) His lifestyle.
(d) His cultural group.
5. What does Meredith say in a footnote that there are several of in the world?
6. What did London profit from according to the contemporary author in his Introduction?
(a) Some of the observations of reporters.
(b) Some of the drawbacks in society.
(c) Some of his popular seminars.
(d) Some of the sales of his previous books.
7. Who was Avis surprised to see at one of her father's social events?
(c) Her father.
8. What does Everhard consider Wickson's offer in Chapter 6?
(a) A truce.
(b) An admission of guilt.
(c) A bribe.
(d) A lovely gift.
9. What does the person who Avis sees at her home tell her that he has given up in order to not compromise his ideals?
10. What was secretly published during the three centuries of the Iron Heel?
(a) Dr. Cunningham's manuscripts.
(b) Avis' calligraphic reports.
(c) Jackson's letters.
(d) Everhard's books.
11. Who does the Bishop say has drifted from Christ's teaching of compassion?
(a) Avis and Everhard.
(b) Oligarchy and Anarchists.
(c) Society, government, and the church.
(d) His family and friends.
12. What does Avis say that her life, along with Everhard and others gets sucked into in Chapter 9?
(a) A vortex.
(b) A war.
(c) A rally.
(d) A demonstration.
13. Who does the group that Everhard speak to in Chapter 4 comprise?
(a) Millionaire capitalists.
(b) Peaceful anarchists.
(c) Working socialists.
(d) Rebelling factions.
14. Who does Avis interview that ran away when faced with uncomfortable truths?
(a) Revolutionist leader.
(b) Family lawyer.
(c) Oligarchy leader.
(d) Company lawyer.
15. What is the name of Dr. Cunningham's dinner in Chapter 7?
(a) Profit and Loss.
(b) Fools and Wise Men.
(c) Games and Gander.
(d) Love and Death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the group that attends Dr. Cunningham's dinner in Chapter 7?
2. What is the group that Everhard says is the only group that counter using force through a little known law in Chapter 8?
3. What is the nickname that Everhard gives to the intellectual class?
4. What is the economic and philosophic theory that humanity should work together for the good of all humanity?
5. To whom does the Bishop makes his presentation in Chapter 6?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)