|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wickson offer Everhard in Chapter 6?
(a) A position in the army.
(b) A job.
(c) A peace offering.
(d) A car.
2. Where does Jackson live?
(a) A mob cartel.
(b) An underground tavern.
(c) A prostitution brothel.
(d) A rented, slum-like area by the lake.
3. Who should share equally in both the responsibilities and the rewards according to London?
(a) The collective.
(b) The business owner.
(c) The individual.
(d) The proletariat.
4. Who spoke to Avis about the legal and financial rightness of their positions?
(a) Cultured wives.
(d) Iron workers.
5. Where will the Bishop go according to the journalists in Chapter 6?
(a) To prison.
(b) On an extended vacation.
(c) On a pilgrimage.
(d) To a concentration camp.
6. What is the nickname that Everhard gives to the intellectual class?
(b) Trust betrayers.
7. What did London profit from according to the contemporary author in his Introduction?
(a) Some of his popular seminars.
(b) Some of the sales of his previous books.
(c) Some of the observations of reporters.
(d) Some of the drawbacks in society.
8. Who protests the treatment of workers at the risk of being discharged?
(a) Dr. Cunningham.
9. In what sectors is the group that Everhard speaks to in Chapter 4 leaders in?
(a) Business, art, and economics.
(b) Art, philosophy, and natural sciences.
(c) Business, politics, and governance.
(d) Natural sciences and psychology.
10. What does Meredith say in a footnote that there are several of in the world?
11. When was the Iron Heel published?
(a) Early 1920s.
(b) Early 1940s.
(c) Early 1900s.
(d) Early 1880s.
12. What does Everhard consider Wickson's offer in Chapter 6?
(a) A truce.
(b) A lovely gift.
(c) A bribe.
(d) An admission of guilt.
13. Who was the scientist responsible for many of the society-defining discoveries of the era?
(a) Avis' brother.
(b) Avis' uncle.
(c) Avis' father.
(d) Avis' lover.
14. Who manipulated the trial in favor of the company instead of Jackson?
(a) Jackson's superiors.
(b) Company's lawyers.
(c) Jackson's lawyers.
(d) Company's leadership.
15. Who does the group that Everhard speak to in Chapter 4 comprise?
(a) Working socialists.
(b) Rebelling factions.
(c) Millionaire capitalists.
(d) Peaceful anarchists.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dr. Cunningham invite to his dinner in Chapter 7?
2. Who does Everhard speak to in Chapter 4?
3. What does Avis realize she was complicit in doing by Chapter 3?
4. What is the name of Dr. Cunningham's dinner in Chapter 7?
5. What does the person at Avis' home come to return?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)