|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the economic and philosophic theory that humanity should work together for the good of all humanity?
2. What does Everhard consider Wickson's offer in Chapter 6?
(a) An admission of guilt.
(b) A bribe.
(c) A truce.
(d) A lovely gift.
3. In what sectors is the group that Everhard speaks to in Chapter 4 leaders in?
(a) Natural sciences and psychology.
(b) Art, philosophy, and natural sciences.
(c) Business, politics, and governance.
(d) Business, art, and economics.
4. What does the person that challenges Everhard say will happen to revolutionaries in Chapter 4?
(a) Crushed by violence.
(b) Win in a landslide election.
(c) Be moved to camps.
(d) Defeated by popular vote.
5. Who does the group that Everhard speak to in Chapter 4 comprise?
(a) Peaceful anarchists.
(b) Working socialists.
(c) Millionaire capitalists.
(d) Rebelling factions.
6. What did the intellectual class love to hear the sound of in Chapter 1 according to Avis?
(a) Their own voices.
(b) The music they composed.
(c) The national anthem.
(d) The songs of their fathers.
7. What was the group that attends Dr. Cunningham's dinner angry at in Chapter 7?
(a) Anarchists and their chaos.
(b) Socialists and their power.
(c) Oligarchy and their structure.
(d) Large corporations and trusts.
8. What does Wickson offer Everhard in Chapter 6?
(a) A car.
(b) A job.
(c) A peace offering.
(d) A position in the army.
9. What does Jackson's living quarters typical of?
(a) His working class.
(b) His cultural group.
(c) His attitude.
(d) His lifestyle.
10. Who does Everhard challenge to investigate the case of the armless peddler?
(a) Dr. Cunningham.
11. What surprisingly has come into effect that the book predicted?
(a) Technological advancement.
(b) Causes and effects of the workers' movement.
(c) Food and agricultural changes.
(d) Disenfranchisement of the working poor.
12. What does Avis call Everhard?
(a) Her nemesis.
(b) Her lover.
(c) Her trouble.
(d) Her eagle.
13. What happened during Jackson's trial in the name of family security?
(a) Cowardice and manipulation.
(b) Corruption and self-denial.
(c) Violence and self-deprecation.
(d) Selfishness and greed.
14. Who does Dr. Cunningham prod to speak at the dinner event at his house?
15. What does the person who Avis sees at her home tell her that he has given up in order to not compromise his ideals?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is being treated as a martyr because of sympathy for the poor in Chapter 5?
2. What is the group that Everhard says is the only group that counter using force through a little known law in Chapter 8?
3. Who does Everhard speak to in Chapter 4?
4. What does Meredith say in a footnote that there are several of in the world?
5. On what ticket does Everhard run for Congress in in Chapter 7?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)