|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Iron Heel also discuss as a method of self-preservation?
(c) Ability to make fire.
(d) Ability to work.
2. In what sectors is the group that Everhard speaks to in Chapter 4 leaders in?
(a) Business, politics, and governance.
(b) Art, philosophy, and natural sciences.
(c) Business, art, and economics.
(d) Natural sciences and psychology.
3. Who does Avis believe that she will marry by Chapter 4?
(d) Dr. Cunningham.
4. What does Everhard say that the journalists will say about the Bishop in Chapter 6?
(a) He was unwell.
(b) He is defeated.
(c) He is a liar.
(d) He was amazing.
5. For how long was the manuscript hidden?
(a) 12 centuries.
(b) 7 centuries.
(c) 2 centuries.
(d) 10 centuries.
6. What does Everhard reveal the truth about to Avis in Chapter 4?
(a) The rich and the Oligarchy.
(b) The poor and the working classes.
(c) The rebels and the Anarchists.
(d) The workers and the Socialists.
7. What does the person who Avis sees at her home tell her that he has given up in order to not compromise his ideals?
8. Who does the Bishop say has drifted from Christ's teaching of compassion?
(a) Society, government, and the church.
(b) His family and friends.
(c) Oligarchy and Anarchists.
(d) Avis and Everhard.
9. What does Avis say that her life, along with Everhard and others gets sucked into in Chapter 9?
(a) A war.
(b) A demonstration.
(c) A vortex.
(d) A rally.
10. What does Meredith say in a footnote that there are several of in the world?
11. Where will the Bishop go according to the journalists in Chapter 6?
(a) To prison.
(b) On a pilgrimage.
(c) To a concentration camp.
(d) On an extended vacation.
12. To whom does the Bishop makes his presentation in Chapter 6?
13. What leadership does Avis admire about Everhard?
(a) Underground revolutionary movement.
(b) Revolutionary socialist movement.
(c) Anarchist rebellion.
(d) Socialist worker movement.
14. What does Wickson offer Everhard in Chapter 6?
(a) A peace offering.
(b) A position in the army.
(c) A job.
(d) A car.
15. What does Everhard show the group to prove his findings about the use of drafting in Chapter 8?
(d) Audio recording.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dr. Cunningham prod to speak at the dinner event at his house?
2. The tension between what two opposing interests is the driving force behind the plot of the Iron Heel?
3. Why did people support the decision against Jackson?
4. Who made their money off of the workers?
5. What is based on the economic and philosophic principle that ﬁnancial proﬁt and reward and accumulation are the rightful reward of those with the passion and the drive to pursue them?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)