|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did London profit from according to the contemporary author in his Introduction?
(a) Some of the drawbacks in society.
(b) Some of his popular seminars.
(c) Some of the sales of his previous books.
(d) Some of the observations of reporters.
2. What is the nickname that Everhard gives to the intellectual class?
(c) Trust betrayers.
3. What is the group that Everhard says is the only group that counter using force through a little known law in Chapter 8?
(a) Business owners.
(b) American militia.
(c) Legal groups.
(d) Government associations.
4. Where will the Bishop go according to the journalists in Chapter 6?
(a) On an extended vacation.
(b) On a pilgrimage.
(c) To prison.
(d) To a concentration camp.
5. How does the anti-revolutionary movement change in Chapter 9?
(a) It becomes peaceful.
(b) It grows in popularity.
(c) It becomes violent.
(d) It dies out.
6. For how long was the manuscript hidden?
(a) 12 centuries.
(b) 7 centuries.
(c) 2 centuries.
(d) 10 centuries.
7. Who does Everhard say is responsible for the plight of the armless peddler?
(b) They are.
8. Who is the armless peddler?
(a) Dr. Cunningham.
9. Who does Everhard challenge to investigate the case of the armless peddler?
(c) Dr. Cunningham.
10. What does Everhard say revolutionaries will be willing to do in Chapter 5?
(a) Move to another country to continue protesting.
(b) Hold peaceful demonstrations at all hours.
(c) Respond to violence with violence.
(d) Give up their right to bear arms.
11. After the failure of what did idealism suffer damage according to Meredith?
(a) First Revolt.
(b) Fourth Revolt.
(c) Third Revolt.
(d) Second Revolt.
12. What did Everhard elaborate on the relationship between?
(a) Working and capitalist classes.
(b) Socialists and revolutionists.
(c) Peddlers and peddling.
(d) Rebels and communists.
13. Who did Everhard find complicit in the capitalist system?
(a) Dr. Cunningham.
14. Who does Avis find that she falls in love with?
(d) Dr. Cunningham.
15. The tension between what two opposing interests is the driving force behind the plot of the Iron Heel?
(a) Socialists and economists.
(b) Workers and capitalists.
(c) Proletariats and socialists.
(d) Marxists and Fascists.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Everhard reveal the truth about to Avis in Chapter 4?
2. What was secretly published during the three centuries of the Iron Heel?
3. What does Avis say that her life, along with Everhard and others gets sucked into in Chapter 9?
4. What does Everhard say that the journalists will say about the Bishop in Chapter 6?
5. What does Avis accuse the group that Everhard talks to of doing in Chapter 4?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)