|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 22 through 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did people support the decision against Jackson?
(a) Because they were cowards.
(b) Because they were afraid of overheating.
(c) Because they were afraid of the Oligarchy.
(d) Because they feared losing support of their families.
2. Who does Avis believe that everyone involved in the Jackson case is bound to?
(a) Nazi propaganda.
(b) Fear tactics.
(c) A capitalist machine.
(d) A socialist agenda.
3. What is impassive and deliberate according to Avis, taking its revenge on the revolutionists in Chapter 25?
(a) The Impassable Torment.
(b) The Soldier's Cry.
(c) The Bewitched One.
(d) The Iron Heel.
4. Who does Everhard challenge to investigate the case of the armless peddler?
(b) Dr. Cunningham.
5. Who tells Avis that Jackson was entitled to compensation?
(a) His brothers and sisters.
(b) His friends and acquaintances.
(c) His wife and children.
(d) His lawyers and superiors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who becomes a spy and vaporizes a prison in Chapter 20?
2. Who is being treated as a martyr because of sympathy for the poor in Chapter 5?
3. Who begins to speak derisively of the Oligarchy at the event in Chapter 17?
4. What does Avis do for the Bishop's speech in Chapter 6?
5. What does Everhard say that the journalists will say about the Bishop in Chapter 6?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)