|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 22 through 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is condemned to death by the Oligarchy after being discovered as a socialist spy in Chapter 20?
2. In what principle does Everhard prove that the group is no different from the group they resent in Chapter 7?
(a) Anarchist violence.
(b) Proletarian leanings.
(c) Desire for profit.
(d) Socialist belief.
3. What is based on the economic and philosophic principle that ﬁnancial proﬁt and reward and accumulation are the rightful reward of those with the passion and the drive to pursue them?
4. Who makes clandestine plans with prison guards while Avis was in prison in Chapter 18?
5. Where is Everhard sent to prison in Chapter 17?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the person at Avis' home come to return?
2. What two countries go to war in Chapter 13?
3. Who does Avis become preoccupied with to the point of obsession?
4. After the failure of what did idealism suffer damage according to Meredith?
5. What does the person who humbly ministers the poor call his or her work in Chapter 12?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)