|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 22 through 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The tension between what two opposing interests is the driving force behind the plot of the Iron Heel?
(a) Proletariats and socialists.
(b) Workers and capitalists.
(c) Socialists and economists.
(d) Marxists and Fascists.
2. What is to begin with a simultaneous, country-wide strike against the pillars of the Oligarchy's social and political structure in Chapter 22?
(a) Oligarch Resurgence.
(b) Chicago Commune.
(c) First Revolt.
(d) Proletariat Dominance.
3. What does Everhard say that the journalists will say about the Bishop in Chapter 6?
(a) He was unwell.
(b) He is defeated.
(c) He was amazing.
(d) He is a liar.
4. Where does the person who is preaching get sent to for his sermon in Chapter 12?
(a) An asylum for the insane.
(b) A detention facility.
(c) A prison for the handicapped.
(d) A hospital for the physically inept.
5. What does the Oligarchy do to prevent the Socialists from gaining a majority in Chapter 13?
(a) Crowd riots.
(b) Stealth surveillance.
(c) Political machinations.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the revolutionary that helps Avis set up her home in the woods in Chapter 19?
2. What is the nickname that Everhard gives to the intellectual class?
3. How do Avis and Everhard travel out of Chicago in Chapter 25?
4. What do the revolutionists destroy of the Mercenaries in Chapter 24?
5. What is impassive and deliberate according to Avis, taking its revenge on the revolutionists in Chapter 25?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)