|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 22 through 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the group that attends Dr. Cunningham's dinner angry at in Chapter 7?
(a) Oligarchy and their structure.
(b) Anarchists and their chaos.
(c) Socialists and their power.
(d) Large corporations and trusts.
2. What two countries go to war in Chapter 13?
(a) Russia and France.
(b) United States and Russia.
(c) United States and Germany.
(d) Germany and Russia.
3. Who are the people of the abyss in Chapter 24?
(a) The Oligarch fools.
(b) The working/poor classes not afﬁliated with the Favored Unions.
(c) The industrialists of the Mercenaries.
(d) The dancing revolutionaries.
4. Where does Avis take refuge in Chapter 18?
(b) San Francisco.
(c) San Marin.
(d) Santa Barbara.
5. Who rises to power in the Oligarchy after opposing the compensation sought by the prisoner that is condemned to death in Chapter 20?
(a) Anarchists and rebel factions.
(b) Dreamers and doers.
(c) Lawyers and company owners.
(d) Priests and communist leaders.
Short Answer Questions
1. The tension between what two opposing interests is the driving force behind the plot of the Iron Heel?
2. Who does Everhard question that the intellectual class really supports?
3. What does the United States lead in collusion with Canada and South America in Chapter 15?
4. What does Avis' father think of the circumstances surrounding the publication of his book and subsequent events?
5. What did Everhard elaborate on the relationship between?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)