|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 22 through 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is willing to destroy the influence of another group through political and violent confrontation in Chapter 16?
(c) Fighting Groups.
2. Who spoke to Avis about the legal and financial rightness of their positions?
(a) Iron workers.
(c) Cultured wives.
3. Who does Carson prevent Avis from interacting with for her safety in Chapter 19?
(a) Communist Red.
(b) Iron Heel spy.
(c) Anarchist rebel.
(d) Nazi sympathizer.
4. Against what is it necessary to have strength to prevent it from grinding "us down and walk[ing] upon our faces - from coming true?"
(a) Iron Heel.
5. What group exists between the abandoned proletariat and the favored unions in Chapter 16?
(c) Iron Heel spies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the forces against which London struggled as an individual and against which the revolutionaries struggle in his book?
2. What does Avis witness being thrown into a police convoy in Chapter 24?
3. Who does Avis believe that everyone involved in the Jackson case is bound to?
4. For how long was the manuscript hidden?
5. Who was the scientist responsible for many of the society-defining discoveries of the era?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)