|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 and 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened during Jackson's trial in the name of family security?
(a) Selfishness and greed.
(b) Violence and self-deprecation.
(c) Corruption and self-denial.
(d) Cowardice and manipulation.
2. What leadership does Avis admire about Everhard?
(a) Underground revolutionary movement.
(b) Revolutionary socialist movement.
(c) Socialist worker movement.
(d) Anarchist rebellion.
3. Who does Avis believe that she will marry by Chapter 4?
(d) Dr. Cunningham.
4. Who begins to speak derisively of the Oligarchy at the event in Chapter 17?
5. Where does Jackson live?
(a) An underground tavern.
(b) A mob cartel.
(c) A prostitution brothel.
(d) A rented, slum-like area by the lake.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who made their money off of the workers?
2. To whom did Avis create the manuscript in tribute of?
3. What are the forces against which London struggled as an individual and against which the revolutionaries struggle in his book?
4. What does Everhard's partners hope that the conflict in the Congressional elections would come to in Chapter 11?
5. Against what did London's socialist ideals exert tension or experience conflict with?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)