|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 and 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was London greatly influenced by in his writing?
2. Who wins an election to Congress in Chapter 12?
3. What do the workers in both countries do that stop working for a week in Chapter 13?
(a) Factory closings.
(b) A demonstration.
(c) Factory fires.
(d) A strike.
4. Who does Avis say unequivocally as not having anything to do with the the scary event at the speech in Chapter 17?
5. Who does Avis encounter in the city that has an expression of horror all the time in Chapter 4?
(b) Dr. Cunningham.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Avis' father think of the circumstances surrounding the publication of his book and subsequent events?
2. For how long was the manuscript hidden?
3. Who was the scientist responsible for many of the society-defining discoveries of the era?
4. What group's members become separated by a higher lifestyle, thus creating a caste system in Chapter 15?
5. Who does the Bishop say has drifted from Christ's teaching of compassion?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)