|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 and 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the two circumstances of time in discussion in the Iron Heel?
(a) Socialist revolution and Utopian future.
(b) Marxist present and Fascist future.
(c) Anarchical present and Tyrannical future.
(d) Utopian present and Dystopian future.
2. Who is the armless peddler?
(d) Dr. Cunningham.
3. The tension between what two opposing interests is the driving force behind the plot of the Iron Heel?
(a) Socialists and economists.
(b) Marxists and Fascists.
(c) Proletariats and socialists.
(d) Workers and capitalists.
4. What is the group that Everhard says is the only group that counter using force through a little known law in Chapter 8?
(a) Legal groups.
(b) Government associations.
(c) Business owners.
(d) American militia.
5. Where do many proletariats perish as they believed in the end times in Chapter 15?
(b) Underground factories.
(c) Mountain tops.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the abandoned proletariat wait for in Chapter 15?
2. What are the soldiers wearing that attended the speech in Chapter 16?
3. Who is Avis surprised to see at her house when she returns from visiting the armless peddler?
4. What did the intellectual class love to hear the sound of in Chapter 1 according to Avis?
5. Who tells Avis that Jackson was entitled to compensation?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)