|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 and 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who protests the treatment of workers at the risk of being discharged?
(c) Dr. Cunningham.
2. What leadership does Avis admire about Everhard?
(a) Revolutionary socialist movement.
(b) Socialist worker movement.
(c) Anarchist rebellion.
(d) Underground revolutionary movement.
3. Into what does Avis, Everhard and her father move into in Chapter 12?
(a) Country estate.
(b) Small, four-room apartment.
(c) Cave dwelling.
(d) Underground hideout.
4. Who humbly ministers the poor in Chapter 12?
5. Who does Everhard speak to in Chapter 4?
(a) The Revolutionists.
(b) The Wicksons.
(c) The Grangers.
(d) The Philomaths.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Everhard believe will continue to fester and rot despite the art created by the Oligarchy in Chapter 14?
2. What happens to Avis because of her association with Everhard in Chapter 5?
3. What did London profit from according to the contemporary author in his Introduction?
4. Who does Everhard comment is getting bolder in Chapter 10?
5. Who does the Bishop say has drifted from Christ's teaching of compassion?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)