|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 and 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the intellectual class love to hear the sound of in Chapter 1 according to Avis?
(a) The songs of their fathers.
(b) Their own voices.
(c) The national anthem.
(d) The music they composed.
2. What did speaker after speaker do to Everhard during his speech in Chapter 4?
(a) Defeat him.
(b) Interrupt him.
(c) Challenge him.
(d) Submit to him.
3. Who begins to speak derisively of the Oligarchy at the event in Chapter 17?
4. Who does Avis believe that everyone involved in the Jackson case is bound to?
(a) A socialist agenda.
(b) Fear tactics.
(c) Nazi propaganda.
(d) A capitalist machine.
5. Where do many proletariats perish as they believed in the end times in Chapter 15?
(b) Underground factories.
(d) Mountain tops.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did people support the decision against Jackson?
2. Who was London greatly influenced by in his writing?
3. Who is the contemporary author that offers a perspective in the Introduction?
4. Who do the socialists drive out of power in Chapter 14?
5. What leadership does Avis admire about Everhard?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)