|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 and 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the Iron Heel published?
(a) Early 1880s.
(b) Early 1900s.
(c) Early 1920s.
(d) Early 1940s.
2. What does Avis' father think of the circumstances surrounding the publication of his book and subsequent events?
(a) An adventure.
(b) A folly.
(c) A regrettable mistake.
(d) A long-forgotten compromise.
3. Since the death of his wife, what had Dr. Cunningham become?
(a) A recluse.
(b) A dinner party sociologist.
(c) A demanding professor.
(d) A hard drinker.
4. In what sectors is the group that Everhard speaks to in Chapter 4 leaders in?
(a) Natural sciences and psychology.
(b) Art, philosophy, and natural sciences.
(c) Business, politics, and governance.
(d) Business, art, and economics.
5. When the Bishop grows more insistent, what happens in Chapter 6?
(a) He is led away from the podium.
(b) He is stabbed.
(c) He is heralded as a savior.
(d) He is squashed in a protest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What group exists between the abandoned proletariat and the favored unions in Chapter 16?
2. Who preaches a sermon that invokes the ire of the Oligarchy?
3. What does the Oligarchy do to prevent the Socialists from gaining a majority in Chapter 13?
4. Who does Avis think was behind the interruption of the speech in Chapter 16?
5. Who is Avis surprised to see at her house when she returns from visiting the armless peddler?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)