|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 and 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What leadership does Avis admire about Everhard?
(a) Anarchist rebellion.
(b) Socialist worker movement.
(c) Revolutionary socialist movement.
(d) Underground revolutionary movement.
2. What is broken or halted by the Oligarchy across the country in Chapter 10?
(b) Power supplies.
3. To whom did Avis create the manuscript in tribute of?
(a) Her dead father.
(b) Her dead mother.
(c) Her dead husband.
(d) Her dead brother.
4. Who does Everhard talk to when he contemplates how the Oligarchy will reassert control over the country in Chapter 14?
(a) A leader of a union.
(b) A Communist spy.
(c) A Socialist puppet.
(d) A Fascist dictator.
5. Against what is it necessary to have strength to prevent it from grinding "us down and walk[ing] upon our faces - from coming true?"
(a) Iron Heel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Avis do for the Bishop's speech in Chapter 6?
2. Who preaches a sermon that invokes the ire of the Oligarchy?
3. What do the abandoned proletariat wait for in Chapter 15?
4. What does Everhard show the group to prove his findings about the use of drafting in Chapter 8?
5. Who does Avis become preoccupied with to the point of obsession?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)