|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 and 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the term that Avis gives to the sense of impending conflict in Chapter 5?
2. Where will the Bishop go according to the journalists in Chapter 6?
(a) On an extended vacation.
(b) To prison.
(c) To a concentration camp.
(d) On a pilgrimage.
3. What do many of the abandoned proletariat turn to find meaning in Chapter 15?
(a) Socialist actions.
(b) Revolutionist speeches.
(c) Biblical faith.
(d) Communist books.
4. What is broken or halted by the Oligarchy across the country in Chapter 10?
(b) Power supplies.
5. Who spoke to Avis about the legal and financial rightness of their positions?
(c) Iron workers.
(d) Cultured wives.
Short Answer Questions
1. What group exists between the abandoned proletariat and the favored unions in Chapter 16?
2. After refusing to take a bribe, who loses his home, wealth and influence in Chapter 11?
3. Who does Dr. Cunningham invite to his dinner in Chapter 7?
4. Who did Everhard find complicit in the capitalist system?
5. What are the forces against which London struggled as an individual and against which the revolutionaries struggle in his book?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)