|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 and 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Bishop grows more insistent, what happens in Chapter 6?
(a) He is squashed in a protest.
(b) He is led away from the podium.
(c) He is heralded as a savior.
(d) He is stabbed.
2. What are the soldiers wearing that attended the speech in Chapter 16?
(a) Scarlet livery.
(b) Red suits.
(c) Bulletproof vests.
(d) Wooden rifles.
3. What does Everhard's partners hope that the conflict in the Congressional elections would come to in Chapter 11?
(a) A ceasefire.
(b) A peaceful resolution.
(c) A wild demonstration.
(d) A tumultuous resurgence.
4. In socialist theory and practice, who were entitled to more than what they were given in wages?
(b) Business owners.
5. Who is being treated as a martyr because of sympathy for the poor in Chapter 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Everhard show the group to prove his findings about the use of drafting in Chapter 8?
2. Who could be fired for challenging the opinion or story of a newspaper's corporate owners?
3. What did London profit from according to the contemporary author in his Introduction?
4. What group exists between the abandoned proletariat and the favored unions in Chapter 16?
5. What are the two circumstances of time in discussion in the Iron Heel?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)