|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 and 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long was the manuscript hidden?
(a) 2 centuries.
(b) 7 centuries.
(c) 12 centuries.
(d) 10 centuries.
2. Where do many proletariats perish as they believed in the end times in Chapter 15?
(a) Underground factories.
(c) Mountain tops.
3. Who tells Avis that Jackson was entitled to compensation?
(a) His lawyers and superiors.
(b) His friends and acquaintances.
(c) His wife and children.
(d) His brothers and sisters.
4. What did the intellectual class love to hear the sound of in Chapter 1 according to Avis?
(a) Their own voices.
(b) The music they composed.
(c) The songs of their fathers.
(d) The national anthem.
5. What is the name of Dr. Cunningham's dinner in Chapter 7?
(a) Love and Death.
(b) Fools and Wise Men.
(c) Games and Gander.
(d) Profit and Loss.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who offers a bribe in Chapter 11?
2. Against what is it necessary to have strength to prevent it from grinding "us down and walk[ing] upon our faces - from coming true?"
3. Who spoke to Avis about the legal and financial rightness of their positions?
4. What is based on the economic and philosophic principle that ﬁnancial proﬁt and reward and accumulation are the rightful reward of those with the passion and the drive to pursue them?
5. Who does Dr. Cunningham meet in San Francisco in Chapter 16?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)