|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 and 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Oligarchy do to prevent the Socialists from gaining a majority in Chapter 13?
(b) Crowd riots.
(c) Stealth surveillance.
(d) Political machinations.
2. What does Jackson's living quarters typical of?
(a) His attitude.
(b) His lifestyle.
(c) His cultural group.
(d) His working class.
3. What does the Iron Heel also discuss as a method of self-preservation?
(a) Ability to work.
(d) Ability to make fire.
4. Who humbly ministers the poor in Chapter 12?
5. When the Bishop grows more insistent, what happens in Chapter 6?
(a) He is squashed in a protest.
(b) He is heralded as a savior.
(c) He is stabbed.
(d) He is led away from the podium.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the intellectual class love to hear the sound of in Chapter 1 according to Avis?
2. What is the group that Everhard says is the only group that counter using force through a little known law in Chapter 8?
3. What country becomes an oligarchy on its own after a social revolution in Chapter 15?
4. Who was London greatly influenced by in his writing?
5. What interrupts the speech in Chapter 17?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)