|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 and 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened during Jackson's trial in the name of family security?
(a) Corruption and self-denial.
(b) Violence and self-deprecation.
(c) Selfishness and greed.
(d) Cowardice and manipulation.
2. How does the anti-revolutionary movement change in Chapter 9?
(a) It grows in popularity.
(b) It dies out.
(c) It becomes peaceful.
(d) It becomes violent.
3. What does Avis describe as the environment that the Oligarchy, Everhard, and the directors of the revolution operated in Chapter 16?
(a) Communist totalitarianism.
(b) Anarchist confusion.
(c) Nazi espionage.
(d) Spying mistrust.
4. Who is the armless peddler?
(c) Dr. Cunningham.
5. When was the Iron Heel published?
(a) Early 1880s.
(b) Early 1940s.
(c) Early 1900s.
(d) Early 1920s.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dr. Cunningham meet in San Francisco in Chapter 16?
2. The tension between what two opposing interests is the driving force behind the plot of the Iron Heel?
3. Who do the socialists drive out of power in Chapter 14?
4. Who does the group that Everhard speak to in Chapter 4 comprise?
5. Who is the condemned criminal that actually committed the crime in Chapter 17?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)