|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13, 14 and 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did London profit from according to the contemporary author in his Introduction?
(a) Some of his popular seminars.
(b) Some of the observations of reporters.
(c) Some of the sales of his previous books.
(d) Some of the drawbacks in society.
2. Where does Jackson live?
(a) An underground tavern.
(b) A mob cartel.
(c) A prostitution brothel.
(d) A rented, slum-like area by the lake.
3. What are the two circumstances of time in discussion in the Iron Heel?
(a) Marxist present and Fascist future.
(b) Anarchical present and Tyrannical future.
(c) Socialist revolution and Utopian future.
(d) Utopian present and Dystopian future.
4. Into what does Avis, Everhard and her father move into in Chapter 12?
(a) Cave dwelling.
(b) Underground hideout.
(c) Country estate.
(d) Small, four-room apartment.
5. What group comes to a financial agreement with the Oligarchy in in Chapter 15?
(a) Favored unions.
(b) Ruling anarchists.
(c) Favored leftists.
(d) Rebelling factions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Everhard challenge to investigate the case of the armless peddler?
2. Who do the socialists drive out of power in Chapter 14?
3. In what sectors is the group that Everhard speaks to in Chapter 4 leaders in?
4. When an alliance is forged between the two countries, how is it broken in Chapter 13?
5. What does the person who humbly ministers the poor call his or her work in Chapter 12?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)