|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13, 14 and 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what ticket does Everhard run for Congress in in Chapter 7?
2. What was the group that attends Dr. Cunningham's dinner angry at in Chapter 7?
(a) Socialists and their power.
(b) Oligarchy and their structure.
(c) Anarchists and their chaos.
(d) Large corporations and trusts.
3. What did speaker after speaker do to Everhard during his speech in Chapter 4?
(a) Challenge him.
(b) Interrupt him.
(c) Submit to him.
(d) Defeat him.
4. What do the workers in both countries do that stop working for a week in Chapter 13?
(a) A demonstration.
(b) A strike.
(c) Factory closings.
(d) Factory fires.
5. When was the Iron Heel published?
(a) Early 1940s.
(b) Early 1920s.
(c) Early 1880s.
(d) Early 1900s.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom did Avis create the manuscript in tribute of?
2. Who does Everhard challenge to investigate the case of the armless peddler?
3. What does Avis realize she was complicit in doing by Chapter 3?
4. Who does Avis become a partner to in life and work through attention and support in Chapter 11?
5. What is based on the economic and philosophic principle that ﬁnancial proﬁt and reward and accumulation are the rightful reward of those with the passion and the drive to pursue them?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)