|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13, 14 and 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the forces against which London struggled as an individual and against which the revolutionaries struggle in his book?
2. Who does Dr. Cunningham invite to his dinner in Chapter 7?
3. What did the intellectual class love to hear the sound of in Chapter 1 according to Avis?
(a) Their own voices.
(b) The national anthem.
(c) The music they composed.
(d) The songs of their fathers.
4. What do the abandoned proletariat wait for in Chapter 15?
(a) Second Coming.
(b) First Coming.
(c) Third Coming.
(d) Twelfth Coming.
5. What circumstances in London's life that gave rise to his creation of the book?
(a) Personal and creative.
(b) Economic and theoretical.
(c) Political and social.
(d) Artistic and evolutionary.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the Iron Heel published?
2. What does the person who humbly ministers the poor call his or her work in Chapter 12?
3. In whose arms does Everhard seek comfort in in Chapter 15?
4. Who could be fired for challenging the opinion or story of a newspaper's corporate owners?
5. What does the contemporary author that offers a perspective in the Introduction think of London's writing?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)