|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13, 14 and 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the scientist responsible for many of the society-defining discoveries of the era?
(a) Avis' uncle.
(b) Avis' brother.
(c) Avis' father.
(d) Avis' lover.
2. What does the Oligarchy create involving art in Chapter 14?
(a) Wonder cities.
(b) Fire stations.
(c) Train stations.
(d) Monolithic monuments.
3. Who wins an election to Congress in Chapter 12?
4. Who offers a bribe in Chapter 11?
5. What surprisingly has come into effect that the book predicted?
(a) Disenfranchisement of the working poor.
(b) Technological advancement.
(c) Causes and effects of the workers' movement.
(d) Food and agricultural changes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the contemporary author that offers a perspective in the Introduction?
2. What is the group that attends Dr. Cunningham's dinner in Chapter 7?
3. What does Avis accuse the group that Everhard talks to of doing in Chapter 4?
4. What does Everhard consider Wickson's offer in Chapter 6?
5. What are the forces against which London struggled as an individual and against which the revolutionaries struggle in his book?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)