|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 through 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the failure of what did idealism suffer damage according to Meredith?
(a) Fourth Revolt.
(b) Third Revolt.
(c) First Revolt.
(d) Second Revolt.
2. What does Everhard say that the journalists will say about the Bishop in Chapter 6?
(a) He was unwell.
(b) He is defeated.
(c) He is a liar.
(d) He was amazing.
3. What are the forces against which London struggled as an individual and against which the revolutionaries struggle in his book?
4. What does the person that challenges Everhard say will happen to revolutionaries in Chapter 4?
(a) Be moved to camps.
(b) Win in a landslide election.
(c) Crushed by violence.
(d) Defeated by popular vote.
5. What did the intellectual class love to hear the sound of in Chapter 1 according to Avis?
(a) The songs of their fathers.
(b) The music they composed.
(c) The national anthem.
(d) Their own voices.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the scientist responsible for many of the society-defining discoveries of the era?
2. Who is Avis surprised to see at her house when she returns from visiting the armless peddler?
3. Who was out of place from the beginning of the dinner event described in Chapter 1?
4. Who does Everhard question that the intellectual class really supports?
5. What leadership does Avis admire about Everhard?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)