|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 through 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the scientist responsible for many of the society-defining discoveries of the era?
(a) Avis' brother.
(b) Avis' lover.
(c) Avis' uncle.
(d) Avis' father.
2. What did the room where the dinner event was held in Chapter 1 consist mainly of?
(a) Overweight and over dressed men.
(b) Dancers and strippers.
(c) Students and poor professors.
(d) Underweight and stylish men.
3. Who should share equally in both the responsibilities and the rewards according to London?
(a) The collective.
(b) The individual.
(c) The proletariat.
(d) The business owner.
4. What circumstances in London's life that gave rise to his creation of the book?
(a) Political and social.
(b) Economic and theoretical.
(c) Artistic and evolutionary.
(d) Personal and creative.
5. Who does Everhard say is responsible for the plight of the armless peddler?
(c) They are.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jackson's living quarters typical of?
2. What does Meredith say in a footnote that there are several of in the world?
3. What does Everhard reveal the truth about to Avis in Chapter 4?
4. What leadership does Avis admire about Everhard?
5. What does Everhard consider Wickson's offer in Chapter 6?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)