|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 through 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the scientist responsible for many of the society-defining discoveries of the era?
(a) Avis' lover.
(b) Avis' brother.
(c) Avis' uncle.
(d) Avis' father.
2. What did speaker after speaker do to Everhard during his speech in Chapter 4?
(a) Defeat him.
(b) Interrupt him.
(c) Submit to him.
(d) Challenge him.
3. Who does Everhard question that the intellectual class really supports?
(d) Working class.
4. Who does the group that Everhard speak to in Chapter 4 comprise?
(a) Working socialists.
(b) Peaceful anarchists.
(c) Millionaire capitalists.
(d) Rebelling factions.
5. Who does Avis interview that ran away when faced with uncomfortable truths?
(a) Oligarchy leader.
(b) Revolutionist leader.
(c) Family lawyer.
(d) Company lawyer.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what sectors is the group that Everhard speaks to in Chapter 4 leaders in?
2. Who is the only person that succeeds in arguing against Everhard in Chapter 4?
3. Who was Avis surprised to see at one of her father's social events?
4. Who does Everhard challenge to investigate the case of the armless peddler?
5. What is the economic and philosophic theory that humanity should work together for the good of all humanity?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)