|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 through 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Against what did London's socialist ideals exert tension or experience conflict with?
(a) Fascist experience.
(b) Capitalist experience.
(c) Socialist experience.
(d) Marxist experience.
2. Who should share equally in both the responsibilities and the rewards according to London?
(a) The collective.
(b) The individual.
(c) The proletariat.
(d) The business owner.
3. Against what is it necessary to have strength to prevent it from grinding "us down and walk[ing] upon our faces - from coming true?"
(a) Iron Heel.
4. What circumstances in London's life that gave rise to his creation of the book?
(a) Artistic and evolutionary.
(b) Personal and creative.
(c) Political and social.
(d) Economic and theoretical.
5. What does Avis do for the Bishop's speech in Chapter 6?
(a) Hide it.
(b) Transcribe it.
(c) Write it.
(d) Edit it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the armless peddler?
2. What does the person who Avis sees at her home tell her that he has given up in order to not compromise his ideals?
3. What does Avis call Everhard?
4. What did the room where the dinner event was held in Chapter 1 consist mainly of?
5. What is the term that Avis gives to the sense of impending conflict in Chapter 5?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)