|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 through 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jackson live?
(a) A mob cartel.
(b) A rented, slum-like area by the lake.
(c) An underground tavern.
(d) A prostitution brothel.
2. Who is being treated as a martyr because of sympathy for the poor in Chapter 5?
3. What leadership does Avis admire about Everhard?
(a) Underground revolutionary movement.
(b) Revolutionary socialist movement.
(c) Socialist worker movement.
(d) Anarchist rebellion.
4. Who does Everhard question that the intellectual class really supports?
(c) Working class.
5. What does the person who Avis sees at her home challenge her to look into?
(a) Wickson's story.
(b) Bishop's story.
(c) Jackson's story.
(d) Carson's story.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the armless peddler?
2. What is the economic and philosophic theory that humanity should work together for the good of all humanity?
3. What did Everhard elaborate on the relationship between?
4. Against what did London's socialist ideals exert tension or experience conflict with?
5. Who is Avis surprised to see at her house when she returns from visiting the armless peddler?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)