|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 through 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the contemporary author that offers a perspective in the Introduction?
(a) H. Bruce Franklin.
(b) George Orwell.
(c) Jack London.
(d) Theodore Dryser.
2. Who does Avis believe that everyone involved in the Jackson case is bound to?
(a) Nazi propaganda.
(b) A socialist agenda.
(c) A capitalist machine.
(d) Fear tactics.
3. What does Avis do for the Bishop's speech in Chapter 6?
(a) Write it.
(b) Hide it.
(c) Transcribe it.
(d) Edit it.
4. Who manipulated the trial in favor of the company instead of Jackson?
(a) Jackson's lawyers.
(b) Company's leadership.
(c) Company's lawyers.
(d) Jackson's superiors.
5. What did London profit from according to the contemporary author in his Introduction?
(a) Some of his popular seminars.
(b) Some of the drawbacks in society.
(c) Some of the sales of his previous books.
(d) Some of the observations of reporters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is based on the economic and philosophic principle that ﬁnancial proﬁt and reward and accumulation are the rightful reward of those with the passion and the drive to pursue them?
2. What are the forces against which London struggled as an individual and against which the revolutionaries struggle in his book?
3. What did the room where the dinner event was held in Chapter 1 consist mainly of?
4. Who protests the treatment of workers at the risk of being discharged?
5. What is the name of Dr. Cunningham's dinner in Chapter 7?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)