|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 through 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did speaker after speaker do to Everhard during his speech in Chapter 4?
(a) Challenge him.
(b) Submit to him.
(c) Defeat him.
(d) Interrupt him.
2. Against what is it necessary to have strength to prevent it from grinding "us down and walk[ing] upon our faces - from coming true?"
(d) Iron Heel.
3. Who is the contemporary author that offers a perspective in the Introduction?
(a) Theodore Dryser.
(b) Jack London.
(c) George Orwell.
(d) H. Bruce Franklin.
4. Who does the group that Everhard speak to in Chapter 4 comprise?
(a) Rebelling factions.
(b) Working socialists.
(c) Peaceful anarchists.
(d) Millionaire capitalists.
5. For how long was the manuscript hidden?
(a) 7 centuries.
(b) 2 centuries.
(c) 12 centuries.
(d) 10 centuries.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Avis encounter in the city that has an expression of horror all the time in Chapter 4?
2. Against what did London's socialist ideals exert tension or experience conflict with?
3. Who does Avis believe that everyone involved in the Jackson case is bound to?
4. To whom did Avis create the manuscript in tribute of?
5. What does the Iron Heel also discuss as a method of self-preservation?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)