|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 through 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Avis believe that everyone involved in the Jackson case is bound to?
(a) Nazi propaganda.
(b) Fear tactics.
(c) A capitalist machine.
(d) A socialist agenda.
2. What happened during Jackson's trial in the name of family security?
(a) Violence and self-deprecation.
(b) Cowardice and manipulation.
(c) Corruption and self-denial.
(d) Selfishness and greed.
3. In what sectors is the group that Everhard speaks to in Chapter 4 leaders in?
(a) Natural sciences and psychology.
(b) Business, politics, and governance.
(c) Art, philosophy, and natural sciences.
(d) Business, art, and economics.
4. Who does Everhard speak to in Chapter 4?
(a) The Philomaths.
(b) The Wicksons.
(c) The Grangers.
(d) The Revolutionists.
5. After the failure of what did idealism suffer damage according to Meredith?
(a) Fourth Revolt.
(b) First Revolt.
(c) Second Revolt.
(d) Third Revolt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Avis believe that she will marry by Chapter 4?
2. What does Everhard say revolutionaries will be willing to do in Chapter 5?
3. Who protests the treatment of workers at the risk of being discharged?
4. What circumstances in London's life that gave rise to his creation of the book?
5. What was the group that attends Dr. Cunningham's dinner angry at in Chapter 7?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)