|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 through 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the term that Avis gives to the sense of impending conflict in Chapter 5?
2. What happened during Jackson's trial in the name of family security?
(a) Cowardice and manipulation.
(b) Selfishness and greed.
(c) Violence and self-deprecation.
(d) Corruption and self-denial.
3. What did the intellectual class love to hear the sound of in Chapter 1 according to Avis?
(a) Their own voices.
(b) The national anthem.
(c) The songs of their fathers.
(d) The music they composed.
4. Who made their money off of the workers?
(a) Business owners.
5. Who does Avis interview that ran away when faced with uncomfortable truths?
(a) Company lawyer.
(b) Revolutionist leader.
(c) Oligarchy leader.
(d) Family lawyer.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long was the manuscript hidden?
2. Who does Everhard challenge to investigate the case of the armless peddler?
3. Who should share equally in both the responsibilities and the rewards according to London?
4. Who protests the treatment of workers at the risk of being discharged?
5. What is based on the economic and philosophic principle that ﬁnancial proﬁt and reward and accumulation are the rightful reward of those with the passion and the drive to pursue them?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)