|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Everhard say is responsible for the plight of the armless peddler?
(b) They are.
2. What does the person who Avis sees at her home tell her that he has given up in order to not compromise his ideals?
3. What does the person that challenges Everhard say will happen to revolutionaries in Chapter 4?
(a) Defeated by popular vote.
(b) Be moved to camps.
(c) Crushed by violence.
(d) Win in a landslide election.
4. Who is Avis surprised to see at her house when she returns from visiting the armless peddler?
5. Where does Jackson live?
(a) An underground tavern.
(b) A rented, slum-like area by the lake.
(c) A mob cartel.
(d) A prostitution brothel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the contemporary author that offers a perspective in the Introduction think of London's writing?
2. Who was London greatly influenced by in his writing?
3. To whom did Avis create the manuscript in tribute of?
4. What does Avis accuse the group that Everhard talks to of doing in Chapter 4?
5. After the failure of what did idealism suffer damage according to Meredith?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)