|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Avis because of her association with Everhard in Chapter 5?
(a) Being ridiculed by some friends.
(b) Being chosen by some friends.
(c) Being avoided by some friends.
(d) Being heralded as a prophet.
2. What did London profit from according to the contemporary author in his Introduction?
(a) Some of his popular seminars.
(b) Some of the observations of reporters.
(c) Some of the sales of his previous books.
(d) Some of the drawbacks in society.
3. Who was Avis surprised to see at one of her father's social events?
(c) Her father.
4. Who is the only person that succeeds in arguing against Everhard in Chapter 4?
5. What is the nickname that Everhard gives to the intellectual class?
(c) Trust betrayers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was London greatly influenced by in his writing?
2. What does Avis call Everhard?
3. Who does Avis become preoccupied with to the point of obsession?
4. What surprisingly has come into effect that the book predicted?
5. Who did Everhard find complicit in the capitalist system?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)