|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Iron Heel also discuss as a method of self-preservation?
(a) Ability to work.
(d) Ability to make fire.
2. Who does Avis find that she falls in love with?
(c) Dr. Cunningham.
3. What leadership does Avis admire about Everhard?
(a) Revolutionary socialist movement.
(b) Underground revolutionary movement.
(c) Anarchist rebellion.
(d) Socialist worker movement.
4. What circumstances in London's life that gave rise to his creation of the book?
(a) Artistic and evolutionary.
(b) Political and social.
(c) Personal and creative.
(d) Economic and theoretical.
5. What does the person at Avis' home come to return?
(a) Borrowed umbrella.
(b) Ammunition supplies.
(c) Tins and cans.
(d) Borrowed books.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the contemporary author that offers a perspective in the Introduction think of London's writing?
2. What surprisingly has come into effect that the book predicted?
3. For how long was the manuscript hidden?
4. Who was Avis surprised to see at one of her father's social events?
5. Who does Everhard challenge to investigate the case of the armless peddler?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)