|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the only person that succeeds in arguing against Everhard in Chapter 4?
2. For how long was the manuscript hidden?
(a) 2 centuries.
(b) 10 centuries.
(c) 7 centuries.
(d) 12 centuries.
3. Who does Avis believe that she will marry by Chapter 4?
(c) Dr. Cunningham.
4. What are the forces against which London struggled as an individual and against which the revolutionaries struggle in his book?
5. Who does Avis believe that everyone involved in the Jackson case is bound to?
(a) Nazi propaganda.
(b) Fear tactics.
(c) A capitalist machine.
(d) A socialist agenda.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the manuscript hidden?
2. Who did Everhard find complicit in the capitalist system?
3. Who does Everhard challenge to investigate the case of the armless peddler?
4. What did speaker after speaker do to Everhard during his speech in Chapter 4?
5. Who is being treated as a martyr because of sympathy for the poor in Chapter 5?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)