|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In socialist theory and practice, who were entitled to more than what they were given in wages?
(c) Business owners.
2. What are the forces against which London struggled as an individual and against which the revolutionaries struggle in his book?
3. What happened during Jackson's trial in the name of family security?
(a) Selfishness and greed.
(b) Cowardice and manipulation.
(c) Violence and self-deprecation.
(d) Corruption and self-denial.
4. What did London profit from according to the contemporary author in his Introduction?
(a) Some of his popular seminars.
(b) Some of the drawbacks in society.
(c) Some of the observations of reporters.
(d) Some of the sales of his previous books.
5. What surprisingly has come into effect that the book predicted?
(a) Causes and effects of the workers' movement.
(b) Food and agricultural changes.
(c) Disenfranchisement of the working poor.
(d) Technological advancement.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dr. Cunningham prod to speak at the dinner event at his house?
2. Who spoke to Avis about the legal and financial rightness of their positions?
3. What does Everhard reveal the truth about to Avis in Chapter 4?
4. Since the death of his wife, what had Dr. Cunningham become?
5. After the failure of what did idealism suffer damage according to Meredith?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)