|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Avis accuse the group that Everhard talks to of doing in Chapter 4?
(a) Mismanaging society.
(b) Being selfish.
(c) Lying profusely.
(d) Being lazy.
2. What circumstances in London's life that gave rise to his creation of the book?
(a) Political and social.
(b) Economic and theoretical.
(c) Artistic and evolutionary.
(d) Personal and creative.
3. Since the death of his wife, what had Dr. Cunningham become?
(a) A dinner party sociologist.
(b) A demanding professor.
(c) A recluse.
(d) A hard drinker.
4. Who spoke to Avis about the legal and financial rightness of their positions?
(c) Cultured wives.
(d) Iron workers.
5. Who does the group that Everhard speak to in Chapter 4 comprise?
(a) Working socialists.
(b) Peaceful anarchists.
(c) Rebelling factions.
(d) Millionaire capitalists.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Avis believe that everyone involved in the Jackson case is bound to?
2. Who does Avis find that she falls in love with?
3. To whom did Avis create the manuscript in tribute of?
4. Who tells Avis that Jackson was entitled to compensation?
5. What did London profit from according to the contemporary author in his Introduction?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)