|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Dr. Cunningham prod to speak at the dinner event at his house?
2. When was the Iron Heel published?
(a) Early 1920s.
(b) Early 1900s.
(c) Early 1940s.
(d) Early 1880s.
3. Who does Avis become preoccupied with to the point of obsession?
(d) Dr. Cunningham.
4. Who does Avis believe that everyone involved in the Jackson case is bound to?
(a) Fear tactics.
(b) Nazi propaganda.
(c) A socialist agenda.
(d) A capitalist machine.
5. Against what did London's socialist ideals exert tension or experience conflict with?
(a) Fascist experience.
(b) Marxist experience.
(c) Socialist experience.
(d) Capitalist experience.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Avis interview that ran away when faced with uncomfortable truths?
2. Who is the armless peddler?
3. What does the Iron Heel also discuss as a method of self-preservation?
4. Who could be fired for challenging the opinion or story of a newspaper's corporate owners?
5. Who does Everhard say is responsible for the plight of the armless peddler?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)