|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the failure of what did idealism suffer damage according to Meredith?
(a) Fourth Revolt.
(b) Second Revolt.
(c) First Revolt.
(d) Third Revolt.
2. What happens to Avis because of her association with Everhard in Chapter 5?
(a) Being heralded as a prophet.
(b) Being avoided by some friends.
(c) Being ridiculed by some friends.
(d) Being chosen by some friends.
3. What does the person who Avis sees at her home tell her that he has given up in order to not compromise his ideals?
4. Who is the contemporary author that offers a perspective in the Introduction?
(a) Theodore Dryser.
(b) Jack London.
(c) George Orwell.
(d) H. Bruce Franklin.
5. The tension between what two opposing interests is the driving force behind the plot of the Iron Heel?
(a) Proletariats and socialists.
(b) Workers and capitalists.
(c) Socialists and economists.
(d) Marxists and Fascists.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who should share equally in both the responsibilities and the rewards according to London?
2. Who is the armless peddler?
3. Who protests the treatment of workers at the risk of being discharged?
4. What does the person at Avis' home come to return?
5. Who is the only person that succeeds in arguing against Everhard in Chapter 4?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)