|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was secretly published during the three centuries of the Iron Heel?
(a) Dr. Cunningham's manuscripts.
(b) Jackson's letters.
(c) Everhard's books.
(d) Avis' calligraphic reports.
2. When was the Iron Heel published?
(a) Early 1880s.
(b) Early 1920s.
(c) Early 1900s.
(d) Early 1940s.
3. What leadership does Avis admire about Everhard?
(a) Socialist worker movement.
(b) Revolutionary socialist movement.
(c) Anarchist rebellion.
(d) Underground revolutionary movement.
4. What are the two circumstances of time in discussion in the Iron Heel?
(a) Anarchical present and Tyrannical future.
(b) Socialist revolution and Utopian future.
(c) Marxist present and Fascist future.
(d) Utopian present and Dystopian future.
5. Who is being treated as a martyr because of sympathy for the poor in Chapter 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Avis accuse the group that Everhard talks to of doing in Chapter 4?
2. What does Meredith say in a footnote that there are several of in the world?
3. What did London profit from according to the contemporary author in his Introduction?
4. Who does Avis believe that she will marry by Chapter 4?
5. What is based on the economic and philosophic principle that ﬁnancial proﬁt and reward and accumulation are the rightful reward of those with the passion and the drive to pursue them?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)