|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was secretly published during the three centuries of the Iron Heel?
(a) Jackson's letters.
(b) Everhard's books.
(c) Dr. Cunningham's manuscripts.
(d) Avis' calligraphic reports.
2. Who could be fired for challenging the opinion or story of a newspaper's corporate owners?
(a) A writing assistant.
(b) An artist.
(c) A journalist.
(d) An intern.
3. Who is being treated as a martyr because of sympathy for the poor in Chapter 5?
4. What are the forces against which London struggled as an individual and against which the revolutionaries struggle in his book?
5. In socialist theory and practice, who were entitled to more than what they were given in wages?
(a) Business owners.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did speaker after speaker do to Everhard during his speech in Chapter 4?
2. What are the two circumstances of time in discussion in the Iron Heel?
3. What does the person at Avis' home come to return?
4. Who is the armless peddler?
5. Who does Everhard question that the intellectual class really supports?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)