|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the person that challenges Everhard say will happen to revolutionaries in Chapter 4?
(a) Crushed by violence.
(b) Win in a landslide election.
(c) Defeated by popular vote.
(d) Be moved to camps.
2. The tension between what two opposing interests is the driving force behind the plot of the Iron Heel?
(a) Marxists and Fascists.
(b) Workers and capitalists.
(c) Socialists and economists.
(d) Proletariats and socialists.
3. In socialist theory and practice, who were entitled to more than what they were given in wages?
(d) Business owners.
4. What is based on the economic and philosophic principle that ﬁnancial proﬁt and reward and accumulation are the rightful reward of those with the passion and the drive to pursue them?
5. Who could be fired for challenging the opinion or story of a newspaper's corporate owners?
(a) An intern.
(b) An artist.
(c) A journalist.
(d) A writing assistant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What circumstances in London's life that gave rise to his creation of the book?
2. For how long was the manuscript hidden?
3. Who is Avis surprised to see at her house when she returns from visiting the armless peddler?
4. What does the contemporary author that offers a perspective in the Introduction think of London's writing?
5. Who was Avis surprised to see at one of her father's social events?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)