|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who manipulated the trial in favor of the company instead of Jackson?
(a) Company's leadership.
(b) Company's lawyers.
(c) Jackson's superiors.
(d) Jackson's lawyers.
2. Since the death of his wife, what had Dr. Cunningham become?
(a) A recluse.
(b) A dinner party sociologist.
(c) A hard drinker.
(d) A demanding professor.
3. What does Avis call Everhard?
(a) Her eagle.
(b) Her lover.
(c) Her nemesis.
(d) Her trouble.
4. What did the room where the dinner event was held in Chapter 1 consist mainly of?
(a) Overweight and over dressed men.
(b) Dancers and strippers.
(c) Students and poor professors.
(d) Underweight and stylish men.
5. What did London profit from according to the contemporary author in his Introduction?
(a) Some of his popular seminars.
(b) Some of the sales of his previous books.
(c) Some of the observations of reporters.
(d) Some of the drawbacks in society.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Everhard elaborate on the relationship between?
2. After the failure of what did idealism suffer damage according to Meredith?
3. Who does Avis believe that everyone involved in the Jackson case is bound to?
4. In what sectors is the group that Everhard speaks to in Chapter 4 leaders in?
5. Who is being treated as a martyr because of sympathy for the poor in Chapter 5?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)