|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did London profit from according to the contemporary author in his Introduction?
(a) Some of the drawbacks in society.
(b) Some of his popular seminars.
(c) Some of the sales of his previous books.
(d) Some of the observations of reporters.
2. What does Avis accuse the group that Everhard talks to of doing in Chapter 4?
(a) Lying profusely.
(b) Being lazy.
(c) Being selfish.
(d) Mismanaging society.
3. What happens to Avis because of her association with Everhard in Chapter 5?
(a) Being avoided by some friends.
(b) Being ridiculed by some friends.
(c) Being chosen by some friends.
(d) Being heralded as a prophet.
4. Where was the manuscript hidden?
(a) Ancient oak tree.
(b) In a safe.
(c) In a cave.
(d) In a tavern.
5. What is the term that Avis gives to the sense of impending conflict in Chapter 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the person at Avis' home come to return?
2. What did speaker after speaker do to Everhard during his speech in Chapter 4?
3. What circumstances in London's life that gave rise to his creation of the book?
4. What does Everhard reveal the truth about to Avis in Chapter 4?
5. Who is the contemporary author that offers a perspective in the Introduction?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)