|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Avis accuse the group that Everhard talks to of doing in Chapter 4?
(a) Being selfish.
(b) Being lazy.
(c) Mismanaging society.
(d) Lying profusely.
2. What is the nickname that Everhard gives to the intellectual class?
(d) Trust betrayers.
3. Who was out of place from the beginning of the dinner event described in Chapter 1?
(c) Dr. Cunningham.
4. Who does Everhard challenge to investigate the case of the armless peddler?
(d) Dr. Cunningham.
5. What surprisingly has come into effect that the book predicted?
(a) Causes and effects of the workers' movement.
(b) Technological advancement.
(c) Food and agricultural changes.
(d) Disenfranchisement of the working poor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Avis believe that everyone involved in the Jackson case is bound to?
2. Who does Dr. Cunningham prod to speak at the dinner event at his house?
3. Who does Avis believe that she will marry by Chapter 4?
4. What does Avis realize she was complicit in doing by Chapter 3?
5. Who is Avis surprised to see at her house when she returns from visiting the armless peddler?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)