|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is being treated as a martyr because of sympathy for the poor in Chapter 5?
2. What are the forces against which London struggled as an individual and against which the revolutionaries struggle in his book?
3. What does the person who Avis sees at her home challenge her to look into?
(a) Carson's story.
(b) Jackson's story.
(c) Bishop's story.
(d) Wickson's story.
4. Who does Avis find that she falls in love with?
(c) Dr. Cunningham.
5. What is the nickname that Everhard gives to the intellectual class?
(a) Trust betrayers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is based on the economic and philosophic principle that ﬁnancial proﬁt and reward and accumulation are the rightful reward of those with the passion and the drive to pursue them?
2. What does Avis accuse the group that Everhard talks to of doing in Chapter 4?
3. What did speaker after speaker do to Everhard during his speech in Chapter 4?
4. Who does Avis encounter in the city that has an expression of horror all the time in Chapter 4?
5. What happens to Avis because of her association with Everhard in Chapter 5?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)