|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprisingly has come into effect that the book predicted?
(a) Technological advancement.
(b) Disenfranchisement of the working poor.
(c) Food and agricultural changes.
(d) Causes and effects of the workers' movement.
2. Who was the scientist responsible for many of the society-defining discoveries of the era?
(a) Avis' brother.
(b) Avis' uncle.
(c) Avis' lover.
(d) Avis' father.
3. What does the contemporary author that offers a perspective in the Introduction think of London's writing?
4. Who made their money off of the workers?
(b) Business owners.
5. Where was the manuscript hidden?
(a) Ancient oak tree.
(b) In a cave.
(c) In a tavern.
(d) In a safe.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom did Avis create the manuscript in tribute of?
2. Why did people support the decision against Jackson?
3. What are the forces against which London struggled as an individual and against which the revolutionaries struggle in his book?
4. Who is the contemporary author that offers a perspective in the Introduction?
5. After the failure of what did idealism suffer damage according to Meredith?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)