|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who should share equally in both the responsibilities and the rewards according to London?
(a) The business owner.
(b) The collective.
(c) The individual.
(d) The proletariat.
2. What does the contemporary author that offers a perspective in the Introduction think of London's writing?
3. Against what is it necessary to have strength to prevent it from grinding "us down and walk[ing] upon our faces - from coming true?"
(c) Iron Heel.
4. Who did Everhard find complicit in the capitalist system?
(c) Dr. Cunningham.
5. Why did people support the decision against Jackson?
(a) Because they were afraid of overheating.
(b) Because they were afraid of the Oligarchy.
(c) Because they feared losing support of their families.
(d) Because they were cowards.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the Iron Heel published?
2. What surprisingly has come into effect that the book predicted?
3. Who is the armless peddler?
4. What is based on the economic and philosophic principle that ﬁnancial proﬁt and reward and accumulation are the rightful reward of those with the passion and the drive to pursue them?
5. What did the intellectual class love to hear the sound of in Chapter 1 according to Avis?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)