|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the person at Avis' home come to return?
(a) Ammunition supplies.
(b) Borrowed umbrella.
(c) Borrowed books.
(d) Tins and cans.
2. Who should share equally in both the responsibilities and the rewards according to London?
(a) The business owner.
(b) The collective.
(c) The individual.
(d) The proletariat.
3. What leadership does Avis admire about Everhard?
(a) Socialist worker movement.
(b) Revolutionary socialist movement.
(c) Underground revolutionary movement.
(d) Anarchist rebellion.
4. Who was out of place from the beginning of the dinner event described in Chapter 1?
(c) Dr. Cunningham.
5. Against what did London's socialist ideals exert tension or experience conflict with?
(a) Marxist experience.
(b) Capitalist experience.
(c) Fascist experience.
(d) Socialist experience.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Meredith say in a footnote that there are several of in the world?
2. What are the forces against which London struggled as an individual and against which the revolutionaries struggle in his book?
3. Who tells Avis that Jackson was entitled to compensation?
4. What does the contemporary author that offers a perspective in the Introduction think of London's writing?
5. Where does Jackson live?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)