|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Iron Heel also discuss as a method of self-preservation?
(c) Ability to work.
(d) Ability to make fire.
2. What is based on the economic and philosophic principle that ﬁnancial proﬁt and reward and accumulation are the rightful reward of those with the passion and the drive to pursue them?
3. Who was London greatly influenced by in his writing?
4. After the failure of what did idealism suffer damage according to Meredith?
(a) Second Revolt.
(b) First Revolt.
(c) Fourth Revolt.
(d) Third Revolt.
5. What happened during Jackson's trial in the name of family security?
(a) Selfishness and greed.
(b) Violence and self-deprecation.
(c) Cowardice and manipulation.
(d) Corruption and self-denial.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the person who Avis sees at her home tell her that he has given up in order to not compromise his ideals?
2. What does Jackson's living quarters typical of?
3. Who was Avis surprised to see at one of her father's social events?
4. What is the nickname that Everhard gives to the intellectual class?
5. What does Avis realize she was complicit in doing by Chapter 3?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)