|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the contemporary author that offers a perspective in the Introduction?
(a) Theodore Dryser.
(b) H. Bruce Franklin.
(c) Jack London.
(d) George Orwell.
2. The tension between what two opposing interests is the driving force behind the plot of the Iron Heel?
(a) Workers and capitalists.
(b) Proletariats and socialists.
(c) Socialists and economists.
(d) Marxists and Fascists.
3. For how long was the manuscript hidden?
(a) 10 centuries.
(b) 12 centuries.
(c) 7 centuries.
(d) 2 centuries.
4. What surprisingly has come into effect that the book predicted?
(a) Technological advancement.
(b) Food and agricultural changes.
(c) Causes and effects of the workers' movement.
(d) Disenfranchisement of the working poor.
5. In socialist theory and practice, who were entitled to more than what they were given in wages?
(d) Business owners.
Short Answer Questions
1. Since the death of his wife, what had Dr. Cunningham become?
2. What does the contemporary author that offers a perspective in the Introduction think of London's writing?
3. Who does Everhard say is responsible for the plight of the armless peddler?
4. Who protests the treatment of workers at the risk of being discharged?
5. Where does Jackson live?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)