|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Against what is it necessary to have strength to prevent it from grinding "us down and walk[ing] upon our faces - from coming true?"
(d) Iron Heel.
2. What is the nickname that Everhard gives to the intellectual class?
(d) Trust betrayers.
3. What does the person at Avis' home come to return?
(a) Tins and cans.
(b) Borrowed umbrella.
(c) Borrowed books.
(d) Ammunition supplies.
4. Who is the contemporary author that offers a perspective in the Introduction?
(a) Theodore Dryser.
(b) George Orwell.
(c) Jack London.
(d) H. Bruce Franklin.
5. What does Meredith say in a footnote that there are several of in the world?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the scientist responsible for many of the society-defining discoveries of the era?
2. What surprisingly has come into effect that the book predicted?
3. What are the forces against which London struggled as an individual and against which the revolutionaries struggle in his book?
4. What leadership does Avis admire about Everhard?
5. What did Everhard elaborate on the relationship between?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)