|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was London greatly influenced by in his writing?
2. What are the forces against which London struggled as an individual and against which the revolutionaries struggle in his book?
3. What circumstances in London's life that gave rise to his creation of the book?
(a) Political and social.
(b) Personal and creative.
(c) Economic and theoretical.
(d) Artistic and evolutionary.
4. Who does Everhard challenge to investigate the case of the armless peddler?
(c) Dr. Cunningham.
5. What did the room where the dinner event was held in Chapter 1 consist mainly of?
(a) Overweight and over dressed men.
(b) Dancers and strippers.
(c) Underweight and stylish men.
(d) Students and poor professors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did London profit from according to the contemporary author in his Introduction?
2. In socialist theory and practice, who were entitled to more than what they were given in wages?
3. Who manipulated the trial in favor of the company instead of Jackson?
4. Who does Avis become preoccupied with to the point of obsession?
5. Against what did London's socialist ideals exert tension or experience conflict with?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)