|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What leadership does Avis admire about Everhard?
(a) Socialist worker movement.
(b) Anarchist rebellion.
(c) Underground revolutionary movement.
(d) Revolutionary socialist movement.
2. What does the person at Avis' home come to return?
(a) Tins and cans.
(b) Borrowed books.
(c) Ammunition supplies.
(d) Borrowed umbrella.
3. Who is Avis surprised to see at her house when she returns from visiting the armless peddler?
4. What does Avis call Everhard?
(a) Her nemesis.
(b) Her lover.
(c) Her eagle.
(d) Her trouble.
5. When was the Iron Heel published?
(a) Early 1900s.
(b) Early 1920s.
(c) Early 1880s.
(d) Early 1940s.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is based on the economic and philosophic principle that ﬁnancial proﬁt and reward and accumulation are the rightful reward of those with the passion and the drive to pursue them?
2. Who was Avis surprised to see at one of her father's social events?
3. What are the two circumstances of time in discussion in the Iron Heel?
4. Who is the contemporary author that offers a perspective in the Introduction?
5. The tension between what two opposing interests is the driving force behind the plot of the Iron Heel?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)