|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The tension between what two opposing interests is the driving force behind the plot of the Iron Heel?
(a) Proletariats and socialists.
(b) Socialists and economists.
(c) Workers and capitalists.
(d) Marxists and Fascists.
2. What does Jackson's living quarters typical of?
(a) His cultural group.
(b) His lifestyle.
(c) His working class.
(d) His attitude.
3. Who manipulated the trial in favor of the company instead of Jackson?
(a) Jackson's lawyers.
(b) Company's lawyers.
(c) Jackson's superiors.
(d) Company's leadership.
4. When was the Iron Heel published?
(a) Early 1940s.
(b) Early 1880s.
(c) Early 1920s.
(d) Early 1900s.
5. What is the economic and philosophic theory that humanity should work together for the good of all humanity?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jackson live?
2. What happened during Jackson's trial in the name of family security?
3. In socialist theory and practice, who were entitled to more than what they were given in wages?
4. Who was out of place from the beginning of the dinner event described in Chapter 1?
5. What circumstances in London's life that gave rise to his creation of the book?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)