|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was secretly published during the three centuries of the Iron Heel?
(a) Jackson's letters.
(b) Avis' calligraphic reports.
(c) Everhard's books.
(d) Dr. Cunningham's manuscripts.
2. What does the person at Avis' home come to return?
(a) Tins and cans.
(b) Borrowed umbrella.
(c) Borrowed books.
(d) Ammunition supplies.
3. Who protests the treatment of workers at the risk of being discharged?
(a) Dr. Cunningham.
4. Who does Everhard question that the intellectual class really supports?
(b) Working class.
5. Who manipulated the trial in favor of the company instead of Jackson?
(a) Jackson's lawyers.
(b) Company's leadership.
(c) Company's lawyers.
(d) Jackson's superiors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Avis surprised to see at her house when she returns from visiting the armless peddler?
2. Who is the contemporary author that offers a perspective in the Introduction?
3. Who does Everhard challenge to investigate the case of the armless peddler?
4. In socialist theory and practice, who were entitled to more than what they were given in wages?
5. Where does Jackson live?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)