|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who made their money off of the workers?
(a) Business owners.
2. What did the intellectual class love to hear the sound of in Chapter 1 according to Avis?
(a) The national anthem.
(b) The music they composed.
(c) The songs of their fathers.
(d) Their own voices.
3. What leadership does Avis admire about Everhard?
(a) Underground revolutionary movement.
(b) Socialist worker movement.
(c) Anarchist rebellion.
(d) Revolutionary socialist movement.
4. In socialist theory and practice, who were entitled to more than what they were given in wages?
(b) Business owners.
5. After the failure of what did idealism suffer damage according to Meredith?
(a) First Revolt.
(b) Fourth Revolt.
(c) Second Revolt.
(d) Third Revolt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What circumstances in London's life that gave rise to his creation of the book?
2. Who was out of place from the beginning of the dinner event described in Chapter 1?
3. For how long was the manuscript hidden?
4. Who does Everhard question that the intellectual class really supports?
5. What did Everhard elaborate on the relationship between?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)