|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What circumstances in London's life that gave rise to his creation of the book?
(a) Personal and creative.
(b) Political and social.
(c) Artistic and evolutionary.
(d) Economic and theoretical.
2. Against what did London's socialist ideals exert tension or experience conflict with?
(a) Fascist experience.
(b) Socialist experience.
(c) Capitalist experience.
(d) Marxist experience.
3. What does the contemporary author that offers a perspective in the Introduction think of London's writing?
4. What happened during Jackson's trial in the name of family security?
(a) Corruption and self-denial.
(b) Cowardice and manipulation.
(c) Violence and self-deprecation.
(d) Selfishness and greed.
5. Who is Avis surprised to see at her house when she returns from visiting the armless peddler?
Short Answer Questions
1. The tension between what two opposing interests is the driving force behind the plot of the Iron Heel?
2. What surprisingly has come into effect that the book predicted?
3. Who protests the treatment of workers at the risk of being discharged?
4. Who did Everhard find complicit in the capitalist system?
5. What was secretly published during the three centuries of the Iron Heel?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)