|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jackson live?
(a) A prostitution brothel.
(b) A rented, slum-like area by the lake.
(c) An underground tavern.
(d) A mob cartel.
2. What did London profit from according to the contemporary author in his Introduction?
(a) Some of the sales of his previous books.
(b) Some of the observations of reporters.
(c) Some of the drawbacks in society.
(d) Some of his popular seminars.
3. Who is the armless peddler?
(c) Dr. Cunningham.
4. Who was Avis surprised to see at one of her father's social events?
(c) Her father.
5. What was secretly published during the three centuries of the Iron Heel?
(a) Avis' calligraphic reports.
(b) Dr. Cunningham's manuscripts.
(c) Jackson's letters.
(d) Everhard's books.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the contemporary author that offers a perspective in the Introduction think of London's writing?
2. Who should share equally in both the responsibilities and the rewards according to London?
3. Who does Everhard challenge to investigate the case of the armless peddler?
4. What does the person who Avis sees at her home challenge her to look into?
5. Who tells Avis that Jackson was entitled to compensation?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)