|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the intellectual class love to hear the sound of in Chapter 1 according to Avis?
(a) The national anthem.
(b) The music they composed.
(c) Their own voices.
(d) The songs of their fathers.
2. What surprisingly has come into effect that the book predicted?
(a) Causes and effects of the workers' movement.
(b) Disenfranchisement of the working poor.
(c) Technological advancement.
(d) Food and agricultural changes.
3. What does Avis realize she was complicit in doing by Chapter 3?
(a) Imprisoning Everhard.
(b) Punishing her father.
(c) Perpetuating the situation.
(d) Betraying the Bishop.
4. What are the forces against which London struggled as an individual and against which the revolutionaries struggle in his book?
5. When was the Iron Heel published?
(a) Early 1880s.
(b) Early 1900s.
(c) Early 1940s.
(d) Early 1920s.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the scientist responsible for many of the society-defining discoveries of the era?
2. What does the person who Avis sees at her home tell her that he has given up in order to not compromise his ideals?
3. Who should share equally in both the responsibilities and the rewards according to London?
4. What does Jackson's living quarters typical of?
5. Who was Avis surprised to see at one of her father's social events?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)