|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The tension between what two opposing interests is the driving force behind the plot of the Iron Heel?
(a) Marxists and Fascists.
(b) Workers and capitalists.
(c) Socialists and economists.
(d) Proletariats and socialists.
2. Who protests the treatment of workers at the risk of being discharged?
(d) Dr. Cunningham.
3. What does the person who Avis sees at her home challenge her to look into?
(a) Bishop's story.
(b) Jackson's story.
(c) Wickson's story.
(d) Carson's story.
4. What are the two circumstances of time in discussion in the Iron Heel?
(a) Socialist revolution and Utopian future.
(b) Utopian present and Dystopian future.
(c) Anarchical present and Tyrannical future.
(d) Marxist present and Fascist future.
5. What did the intellectual class love to hear the sound of in Chapter 1 according to Avis?
(a) The national anthem.
(b) Their own voices.
(c) The music they composed.
(d) The songs of their fathers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the nickname that Everhard gives to the intellectual class?
2. Where does Jackson live?
3. Where was the manuscript hidden?
4. Who manipulated the trial in favor of the company instead of Jackson?
5. What does the Iron Heel also discuss as a method of self-preservation?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)