|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened during Jackson's trial in the name of family security?
(a) Violence and self-deprecation.
(b) Cowardice and manipulation.
(c) Selfishness and greed.
(d) Corruption and self-denial.
2. What does the contemporary author that offers a perspective in the Introduction think of London's writing?
3. Who was Avis surprised to see at one of her father's social events?
(d) Her father.
4. Who manipulated the trial in favor of the company instead of Jackson?
(a) Company's leadership.
(b) Company's lawyers.
(c) Jackson's superiors.
(d) Jackson's lawyers.
5. Who tells Avis that Jackson was entitled to compensation?
(a) His brothers and sisters.
(b) His friends and acquaintances.
(c) His lawyers and superiors.
(d) His wife and children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the two circumstances of time in discussion in the Iron Heel?
2. What are the forces against which London struggled as an individual and against which the revolutionaries struggle in his book?
3. What is based on the economic and philosophic principle that ﬁnancial proﬁt and reward and accumulation are the rightful reward of those with the passion and the drive to pursue them?
4. Where was the manuscript hidden?
5. When was the Iron Heel published?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)