|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Forward and Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Against what is it necessary to have strength to prevent it from grinding "us down and walk[ing] upon our faces - from coming true?"
(b) Iron Heel.
2. After the failure of what did idealism suffer damage according to Meredith?
(a) First Revolt.
(b) Third Revolt.
(c) Fourth Revolt.
(d) Second Revolt.
3. What does the contemporary author that offers a perspective in the Introduction think of London's writing?
4. What does Avis call Everhard?
(a) Her trouble.
(b) Her nemesis.
(c) Her eagle.
(d) Her lover.
5. Who was London greatly influenced by in his writing?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who should share equally in both the responsibilities and the rewards according to London?
2. In socialist theory and practice, who were entitled to more than what they were given in wages?
3. Who was out of place from the beginning of the dinner event described in Chapter 1?
4. What is based on the economic and philosophic principle that ﬁnancial proﬁt and reward and accumulation are the rightful reward of those with the passion and the drive to pursue them?
5. What did London profit from according to the contemporary author in his Introduction?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)