|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Forward and Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The tension between what two opposing interests is the driving force behind the plot of the Iron Heel?
(a) Socialists and economists.
(b) Workers and capitalists.
(c) Proletariats and socialists.
(d) Marxists and Fascists.
2. Who is the contemporary author that offers a perspective in the Introduction?
(a) H. Bruce Franklin.
(b) Jack London.
(c) Theodore Dryser.
(d) George Orwell.
3. What does Meredith say in a footnote that there are several of in the world?
4. Who was the scientist responsible for many of the society-defining discoveries of the era?
(a) Avis' brother.
(b) Avis' father.
(c) Avis' lover.
(d) Avis' uncle.
5. Who was out of place from the beginning of the dinner event described in Chapter 1?
(b) Dr. Cunningham.
Short Answer Questions
1. Since the death of his wife, what had Dr. Cunningham become?
2. What did Everhard elaborate on the relationship between?
3. Who should share equally in both the responsibilities and the rewards according to London?
4. Where was the manuscript hidden?
5. Who does Everhard question that the intellectual class really supports?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)