|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Forward and Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the room where the dinner event was held in Chapter 1 consist mainly of?
(a) Students and poor professors.
(b) Overweight and over dressed men.
(c) Dancers and strippers.
(d) Underweight and stylish men.
2. Who is the contemporary author that offers a perspective in the Introduction?
(a) George Orwell.
(b) H. Bruce Franklin.
(c) Theodore Dryser.
(d) Jack London.
3. Who was London greatly influenced by in his writing?
4. After the failure of what did idealism suffer damage according to Meredith?
(a) First Revolt.
(b) Second Revolt.
(c) Third Revolt.
(d) Fourth Revolt.
5. What does Avis call Everhard?
(a) Her nemesis.
(b) Her trouble.
(c) Her lover.
(d) Her eagle.
Short Answer Questions
1. The tension between what two opposing interests is the driving force behind the plot of the Iron Heel?
2. What are the forces against which London struggled as an individual and against which the revolutionaries struggle in his book?
3. What does Meredith say in a footnote that there are several of in the world?
4. Where was the manuscript hidden?
5. In socialist theory and practice, who were entitled to more than what they were given in wages?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)