|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Forward and Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Avis surprised to see at one of her father's social events?
(b) Her father.
2. Who is the contemporary author that offers a perspective in the Introduction?
(a) George Orwell.
(b) Theodore Dryser.
(c) H. Bruce Franklin.
(d) Jack London.
3. What is the economic and philosophic theory that humanity should work together for the good of all humanity?
4. What are the forces against which London struggled as an individual and against which the revolutionaries struggle in his book?
5. What did London profit from according to the contemporary author in his Introduction?
(a) Some of the drawbacks in society.
(b) Some of his popular seminars.
(c) Some of the sales of his previous books.
(d) Some of the observations of reporters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was secretly published during the three centuries of the Iron Heel?
2. Who does Everhard question that the intellectual class really supports?
3. What surprisingly has come into effect that the book predicted?
4. What does the Iron Heel also discuss as a method of self-preservation?
5. After the failure of what did idealism suffer damage according to Meredith?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)