|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Forward and Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Against what is it necessary to have strength to prevent it from grinding "us down and walk[ing] upon our faces - from coming true?"
(d) Iron Heel.
2. Who made their money off of the workers?
(b) Business owners.
3. What does the Iron Heel also discuss as a method of self-preservation?
(c) Ability to make fire.
(d) Ability to work.
4. Since the death of his wife, what had Dr. Cunningham become?
(a) A demanding professor.
(b) A hard drinker.
(c) A dinner party sociologist.
(d) A recluse.
5. What did the intellectual class love to hear the sound of in Chapter 1 according to Avis?
(a) The songs of their fathers.
(b) Their own voices.
(c) The music they composed.
(d) The national anthem.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom did Avis create the manuscript in tribute of?
2. Against what did London's socialist ideals exert tension or experience conflict with?
3. What are the forces against which London struggled as an individual and against which the revolutionaries struggle in his book?
4. Who does Dr. Cunningham prod to speak at the dinner event at his house?
5. What is the nickname that Everhard gives to the intellectual class?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)