|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Forward and Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who made their money off of the workers?
(b) Business owners.
2. What is the nickname that Everhard gives to the intellectual class?
(c) Trust betrayers.
3. When was the Iron Heel published?
(a) Early 1900s.
(b) Early 1940s.
(c) Early 1880s.
(d) Early 1920s.
4. Who is the contemporary author that offers a perspective in the Introduction?
(a) H. Bruce Franklin.
(b) Theodore Dryser.
(c) George Orwell.
(d) Jack London.
5. Against what did London's socialist ideals exert tension or experience conflict with?
(a) Socialist experience.
(b) Capitalist experience.
(c) Marxist experience.
(d) Fascist experience.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom did Avis create the manuscript in tribute of?
2. The tension between what two opposing interests is the driving force behind the plot of the Iron Heel?
3. Where was the manuscript hidden?
4. What did the room where the dinner event was held in Chapter 1 consist mainly of?
5. What are the forces against which London struggled as an individual and against which the revolutionaries struggle in his book?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)