|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Forward and Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the nickname that Everhard gives to the intellectual class?
(a) Trust betrayers.
2. Who made their money off of the workers?
(c) Business owners.
3. What circumstances in London's life that gave rise to his creation of the book?
(a) Economic and theoretical.
(b) Political and social.
(c) Artistic and evolutionary.
(d) Personal and creative.
4. After the failure of what did idealism suffer damage according to Meredith?
(a) First Revolt.
(b) Second Revolt.
(c) Fourth Revolt.
(d) Third Revolt.
5. What does Avis call Everhard?
(a) Her trouble.
(b) Her lover.
(c) Her nemesis.
(d) Her eagle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Against what is it necessary to have strength to prevent it from grinding "us down and walk[ing] upon our faces - from coming true?"
2. Who does Dr. Cunningham prod to speak at the dinner event at his house?
3. What does Meredith say in a footnote that there are several of in the world?
4. What did the room where the dinner event was held in Chapter 1 consist mainly of?
5. What surprisingly has come into effect that the book predicted?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)