|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Forward and Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the manuscript hidden?
(a) In a safe.
(b) In a cave.
(c) In a tavern.
(d) Ancient oak tree.
2. Who made their money off of the workers?
(d) Business owners.
3. Who was the scientist responsible for many of the society-defining discoveries of the era?
(a) Avis' brother.
(b) Avis' father.
(c) Avis' uncle.
(d) Avis' lover.
4. What is the nickname that Everhard gives to the intellectual class?
(c) Trust betrayers.
5. What is the economic and philosophic theory that humanity should work together for the good of all humanity?
Short Answer Questions
1. The tension between what two opposing interests is the driving force behind the plot of the Iron Heel?
2. What does Avis call Everhard?
3. Who was out of place from the beginning of the dinner event described in Chapter 1?
4. What does the contemporary author that offers a perspective in the Introduction think of London's writing?
5. What is based on the economic and philosophic principle that ﬁnancial proﬁt and reward and accumulation are the rightful reward of those with the passion and the drive to pursue them?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)