|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Forward and Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the economic and philosophic theory that humanity should work together for the good of all humanity?
2. Who should share equally in both the responsibilities and the rewards according to London?
(a) The collective.
(b) The business owner.
(c) The proletariat.
(d) The individual.
3. Who made their money off of the workers?
(c) Business owners.
4. Who was the scientist responsible for many of the society-defining discoveries of the era?
(a) Avis' brother.
(b) Avis' father.
(c) Avis' lover.
(d) Avis' uncle.
5. What does the contemporary author that offers a perspective in the Introduction think of London's writing?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was out of place from the beginning of the dinner event described in Chapter 1?
2. What did the intellectual class love to hear the sound of in Chapter 1 according to Avis?
3. Against what is it necessary to have strength to prevent it from grinding "us down and walk[ing] upon our faces - from coming true?"
4. When was the Iron Heel published?
5. In socialist theory and practice, who were entitled to more than what they were given in wages?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)