|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Forward and Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The tension between what two opposing interests is the driving force behind the plot of the Iron Heel?
(a) Proletariats and socialists.
(b) Socialists and economists.
(c) Marxists and Fascists.
(d) Workers and capitalists.
2. Who was out of place from the beginning of the dinner event described in Chapter 1?
(a) Dr. Cunningham.
3. To whom did Avis create the manuscript in tribute of?
(a) Her dead brother.
(b) Her dead mother.
(c) Her dead husband.
(d) Her dead father.
4. What circumstances in London's life that gave rise to his creation of the book?
(a) Political and social.
(b) Personal and creative.
(c) Artistic and evolutionary.
(d) Economic and theoretical.
5. Against what is it necessary to have strength to prevent it from grinding "us down and walk[ing] upon our faces - from coming true?"
(b) Iron Heel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the manuscript hidden?
2. Who made their money off of the workers?
3. What does Avis call Everhard?
4. What did the intellectual class love to hear the sound of in Chapter 1 according to Avis?
5. Since the death of his wife, what had Dr. Cunningham become?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)