|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Forward and Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Meredith say in a footnote that there are several of in the world?
2. After the failure of what did idealism suffer damage according to Meredith?
(a) Fourth Revolt.
(b) Second Revolt.
(c) Third Revolt.
(d) First Revolt.
3. What is the economic and philosophic theory that humanity should work together for the good of all humanity?
4. What surprisingly has come into effect that the book predicted?
(a) Causes and effects of the workers' movement.
(b) Food and agricultural changes.
(c) Technological advancement.
(d) Disenfranchisement of the working poor.
5. What did Everhard elaborate on the relationship between?
(a) Working and capitalist classes.
(b) Socialists and revolutionists.
(c) Rebels and communists.
(d) Peddlers and peddling.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the intellectual class love to hear the sound of in Chapter 1 according to Avis?
2. To whom did Avis create the manuscript in tribute of?
3. What circumstances in London's life that gave rise to his creation of the book?
4. What are the two circumstances of time in discussion in the Iron Heel?
5. The tension between what two opposing interests is the driving force behind the plot of the Iron Heel?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)