|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Forward and Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is based on the economic and philosophic principle that ﬁnancial proﬁt and reward and accumulation are the rightful reward of those with the passion and the drive to pursue them?
2. For how long was the manuscript hidden?
(a) 2 centuries.
(b) 10 centuries.
(c) 12 centuries.
(d) 7 centuries.
3. What are the forces against which London struggled as an individual and against which the revolutionaries struggle in his book?
4. In socialist theory and practice, who were entitled to more than what they were given in wages?
(b) Business owners.
5. Since the death of his wife, what had Dr. Cunningham become?
(a) A demanding professor.
(b) A hard drinker.
(c) A recluse.
(d) A dinner party sociologist.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the scientist responsible for many of the society-defining discoveries of the era?
2. What circumstances in London's life that gave rise to his creation of the book?
3. What did the intellectual class love to hear the sound of in Chapter 1 according to Avis?
4. What are the two circumstances of time in discussion in the Iron Heel?
5. Who made their money off of the workers?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)