|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Forward and Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the two circumstances of time in discussion in the Iron Heel?
(a) Marxist present and Fascist future.
(b) Utopian present and Dystopian future.
(c) Socialist revolution and Utopian future.
(d) Anarchical present and Tyrannical future.
2. Who does Dr. Cunningham prod to speak at the dinner event at his house?
3. What leadership does Avis admire about Everhard?
(a) Revolutionary socialist movement.
(b) Anarchist rebellion.
(c) Socialist worker movement.
(d) Underground revolutionary movement.
4. What did London profit from according to the contemporary author in his Introduction?
(a) Some of the observations of reporters.
(b) Some of the drawbacks in society.
(c) Some of the sales of his previous books.
(d) Some of his popular seminars.
5. What are the forces against which London struggled as an individual and against which the revolutionaries struggle in his book?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Everhard elaborate on the relationship between?
2. What is the nickname that Everhard gives to the intellectual class?
3. Where was the manuscript hidden?
4. What does Avis call Everhard?
5. After the failure of what did idealism suffer damage according to Meredith?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)