|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Forward and Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Avis surprised to see at one of her father's social events?
(d) Her father.
2. Since the death of his wife, what had Dr. Cunningham become?
(a) A demanding professor.
(b) A recluse.
(c) A hard drinker.
(d) A dinner party sociologist.
3. What does the contemporary author that offers a perspective in the Introduction think of London's writing?
4. Who was the scientist responsible for many of the society-defining discoveries of the era?
(a) Avis' brother.
(b) Avis' lover.
(c) Avis' father.
(d) Avis' uncle.
5. What did the intellectual class love to hear the sound of in Chapter 1 according to Avis?
(a) The songs of their fathers.
(b) The music they composed.
(c) Their own voices.
(d) The national anthem.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dr. Cunningham prod to speak at the dinner event at his house?
2. What was secretly published during the three centuries of the Iron Heel?
3. Who made their money off of the workers?
4. What is the nickname that Everhard gives to the intellectual class?
5. Where was the manuscript hidden?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)