|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Forward and Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the nickname that Everhard gives to the intellectual class?
(b) Trust betrayers.
2. Who was the scientist responsible for many of the society-defining discoveries of the era?
(a) Avis' brother.
(b) Avis' father.
(c) Avis' uncle.
(d) Avis' lover.
3. Who was out of place from the beginning of the dinner event described in Chapter 1?
(b) Dr. Cunningham.
4. Who does Everhard question that the intellectual class really supports?
(c) Working class.
5. What did Everhard elaborate on the relationship between?
(a) Socialists and revolutionists.
(b) Working and capitalist classes.
(c) Rebels and communists.
(d) Peddlers and peddling.
Short Answer Questions
1. In socialist theory and practice, who were entitled to more than what they were given in wages?
2. Who was London greatly influenced by in his writing?
3. What does the contemporary author that offers a perspective in the Introduction think of London's writing?
4. What does Meredith say in a footnote that there are several of in the world?
5. Who was Avis surprised to see at one of her father's social events?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)