|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Forward and Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom did Avis create the manuscript in tribute of?
(a) Her dead father.
(b) Her dead husband.
(c) Her dead brother.
(d) Her dead mother.
2. What are the forces against which London struggled as an individual and against which the revolutionaries struggle in his book?
3. Against what did London's socialist ideals exert tension or experience conflict with?
(a) Fascist experience.
(b) Capitalist experience.
(c) Socialist experience.
(d) Marxist experience.
4. What is based on the economic and philosophic principle that ﬁnancial proﬁt and reward and accumulation are the rightful reward of those with the passion and the drive to pursue them?
5. Who was Avis surprised to see at one of her father's social events?
(a) Her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the room where the dinner event was held in Chapter 1 consist mainly of?
2. What leadership does Avis admire about Everhard?
3. What was secretly published during the three centuries of the Iron Heel?
4. Who was out of place from the beginning of the dinner event described in Chapter 1?
5. What is the nickname that Everhard gives to the intellectual class?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)