|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Forward and Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Everhard question that the intellectual class really supports?
(d) Working class.
2. Since the death of his wife, what had Dr. Cunningham become?
(a) A demanding professor.
(b) A hard drinker.
(c) A recluse.
(d) A dinner party sociologist.
3. What are the two circumstances of time in discussion in the Iron Heel?
(a) Utopian present and Dystopian future.
(b) Anarchical present and Tyrannical future.
(c) Socialist revolution and Utopian future.
(d) Marxist present and Fascist future.
4. When was the Iron Heel published?
(a) Early 1900s.
(b) Early 1920s.
(c) Early 1880s.
(d) Early 1940s.
5. Who was London greatly influenced by in his writing?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the intellectual class love to hear the sound of in Chapter 1 according to Avis?
2. What leadership does Avis admire about Everhard?
3. What is based on the economic and philosophic principle that ﬁnancial proﬁt and reward and accumulation are the rightful reward of those with the passion and the drive to pursue them?
4. Who does Dr. Cunningham prod to speak at the dinner event at his house?
5. What does Meredith say in a footnote that there are several of in the world?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)