|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Forward and Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Everhard elaborate on the relationship between?
(a) Working and capitalist classes.
(b) Peddlers and peddling.
(c) Socialists and revolutionists.
(d) Rebels and communists.
2. What are the two circumstances of time in discussion in the Iron Heel?
(a) Marxist present and Fascist future.
(b) Socialist revolution and Utopian future.
(c) Utopian present and Dystopian future.
(d) Anarchical present and Tyrannical future.
3. What did the room where the dinner event was held in Chapter 1 consist mainly of?
(a) Overweight and over dressed men.
(b) Students and poor professors.
(c) Dancers and strippers.
(d) Underweight and stylish men.
4. Who does Everhard question that the intellectual class really supports?
(d) Working class.
5. Who is the contemporary author that offers a perspective in the Introduction?
(a) Jack London.
(b) H. Bruce Franklin.
(c) George Orwell.
(d) Theodore Dryser.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Iron Heel also discuss as a method of self-preservation?
2. After the failure of what did idealism suffer damage according to Meredith?
3. What does Meredith say in a footnote that there are several of in the world?
4. Who does Dr. Cunningham prod to speak at the dinner event at his house?
5. For how long was the manuscript hidden?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)