|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Forward and Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What circumstances in London's life that gave rise to his creation of the book?
(a) Personal and creative.
(b) Political and social.
(c) Artistic and evolutionary.
(d) Economic and theoretical.
2. What are the two circumstances of time in discussion in the Iron Heel?
(a) Utopian present and Dystopian future.
(b) Marxist present and Fascist future.
(c) Socialist revolution and Utopian future.
(d) Anarchical present and Tyrannical future.
3. What was secretly published during the three centuries of the Iron Heel?
(a) Jackson's letters.
(b) Everhard's books.
(c) Avis' calligraphic reports.
(d) Dr. Cunningham's manuscripts.
4. What is the economic and philosophic theory that humanity should work together for the good of all humanity?
5. What leadership does Avis admire about Everhard?
(a) Underground revolutionary movement.
(b) Revolutionary socialist movement.
(c) Anarchist rebellion.
(d) Socialist worker movement.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the scientist responsible for many of the society-defining discoveries of the era?
2. What is based on the economic and philosophic principle that ﬁnancial proﬁt and reward and accumulation are the rightful reward of those with the passion and the drive to pursue them?
3. What did Everhard elaborate on the relationship between?
4. What did London profit from according to the contemporary author in his Introduction?
5. Who was out of place from the beginning of the dinner event described in Chapter 1?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)