|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Forward and Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was London greatly influenced by in his writing?
2. Who does Everhard question that the intellectual class really supports?
(a) Working class.
3. Who was the scientist responsible for many of the society-defining discoveries of the era?
(a) Avis' father.
(b) Avis' uncle.
(c) Avis' lover.
(d) Avis' brother.
4. What does the contemporary author that offers a perspective in the Introduction think of London's writing?
5. Who is the contemporary author that offers a perspective in the Introduction?
(a) George Orwell.
(b) H. Bruce Franklin.
(c) Jack London.
(d) Theodore Dryser.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Avis surprised to see at one of her father's social events?
2. Who was out of place from the beginning of the dinner event described in Chapter 1?
3. Who does Dr. Cunningham prod to speak at the dinner event at his house?
4. What are the two circumstances of time in discussion in the Iron Heel?
5. What does Avis call Everhard?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)