|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Forward and Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Avis surprised to see at one of her father's social events?
(d) Her father.
2. Who was the scientist responsible for many of the society-defining discoveries of the era?
(a) Avis' father.
(b) Avis' lover.
(c) Avis' brother.
(d) Avis' uncle.
3. What are the two circumstances of time in discussion in the Iron Heel?
(a) Socialist revolution and Utopian future.
(b) Anarchical present and Tyrannical future.
(c) Marxist present and Fascist future.
(d) Utopian present and Dystopian future.
4. What circumstances in London's life that gave rise to his creation of the book?
(a) Economic and theoretical.
(b) Political and social.
(c) Artistic and evolutionary.
(d) Personal and creative.
5. Who does Dr. Cunningham prod to speak at the dinner event at his house?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is based on the economic and philosophic principle that ﬁnancial proﬁt and reward and accumulation are the rightful reward of those with the passion and the drive to pursue them?
2. What did the intellectual class love to hear the sound of in Chapter 1 according to Avis?
3. Who is the contemporary author that offers a perspective in the Introduction?
4. What does the contemporary author that offers a perspective in the Introduction think of London's writing?
5. Against what is it necessary to have strength to prevent it from grinding "us down and walk[ing] upon our faces - from coming true?"
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)