Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 through 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what sectors is the group that Everhard speaks to in Chapter 4 leaders in?
(a) Art, philosophy, and natural sciences.
(b) Business, art, and economics.
(c) Business, politics, and governance.
(d) Natural sciences and psychology.
2. What does Avis call Everhard?
(a) Her nemesis.
(b) Her trouble.
(c) Her lover.
(d) Her eagle.
3. What happened during Jackson's trial in the name of family security?
(a) Violence and self-deprecation.
(b) Selfishness and greed.
(c) Cowardice and manipulation.
(d) Corruption and self-denial.
4. What does Everhard say revolutionaries will be willing to do in Chapter 5?
(a) Move to another country to continue protesting.
(b) Give up their right to bear arms.
(c) Hold peaceful demonstrations at all hours.
(d) Respond to violence with violence.
5. What did the intellectual class love to hear the sound of in Chapter 1 according to Avis?
(a) The national anthem.
(b) The music they composed.
(c) The songs of their fathers.
(d) Their own voices.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the failure of what did idealism suffer damage according to Meredith?
2. Who should share equally in both the responsibilities and the rewards according to London?
3. Who did Everhard find complicit in the capitalist system?
4. Who is Avis surprised to see at her house when she returns from visiting the armless peddler?
5. What was secretly published during the three centuries of the Iron Heel?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)