Eight Week Quiz C
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the person who Avis sees at her home challenge her to look into?
(a) Bishop's story.
(b) Wickson's story.
(c) Jackson's story.
(d) Carson's story.
2. After the failure of what did idealism suffer damage according to Meredith?
(a) First Revolt.
(b) Fourth Revolt.
(c) Second Revolt.
(d) Third Revolt.
3. Who is the armless peddler?
(a) Dr. Cunningham.
4. Who does Avis interview that ran away when faced with uncomfortable truths?
(a) Revolutionist leader.
(b) Family lawyer.
(c) Oligarchy leader.
(d) Company lawyer.
5. What does Avis call Everhard?
(a) Her eagle.
(b) Her trouble.
(c) Her lover.
(d) Her nemesis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is based on the economic and philosophic principle that ﬁnancial proﬁt and reward and accumulation are the rightful reward of those with the passion and the drive to pursue them?
2. Against what is it necessary to have strength to prevent it from grinding "us down and walk[ing] upon our faces - from coming true?"
3. What did the intellectual class love to hear the sound of in Chapter 1 according to Avis?
4. Who did Everhard find complicit in the capitalist system?
5. Who was out of place from the beginning of the dinner event described in Chapter 1?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)