Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Forward and Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Meredith say in a footnote that there are several of in the world?
2. Against what did London's socialist ideals exert tension or experience conflict with?
(a) Fascist experience.
(b) Socialist experience.
(c) Marxist experience.
(d) Capitalist experience.
3. The tension between what two opposing interests is the driving force behind the plot of the Iron Heel?
(a) Socialists and economists.
(b) Workers and capitalists.
(c) Proletariats and socialists.
(d) Marxists and Fascists.
4. What leadership does Avis admire about Everhard?
(a) Revolutionary socialist movement.
(b) Underground revolutionary movement.
(c) Socialist worker movement.
(d) Anarchist rebellion.
5. What did London profit from according to the contemporary author in his Introduction?
(a) Some of the observations of reporters.
(b) Some of the drawbacks in society.
(c) Some of his popular seminars.
(d) Some of the sales of his previous books.
Short Answer Questions
1. What circumstances in London's life that gave rise to his creation of the book?
2. What does the contemporary author that offers a perspective in the Introduction think of London's writing?
3. Who was London greatly influenced by in his writing?
4. In socialist theory and practice, who were entitled to more than what they were given in wages?
5. What is the economic and philosophic theory that humanity should work together for the good of all humanity?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)