|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18 through 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Avis think was behind the interruption of the speech in Chapter 16?
2. Who makes a speech in defense of a bill in Chapter 17?
3. What does Avis accuse the group that Everhard talks to of doing in Chapter 4?
(a) Being selfish.
(b) Being lazy.
(c) Lying profusely.
(d) Mismanaging society.
4. Where do many proletariats perish as they believed in the end times in Chapter 15?
(b) Underground factories.
(d) Mountain tops.
5. What does Avis' father think of the circumstances surrounding the publication of his book and subsequent events?
(a) A regrettable mistake.
(b) An adventure.
(c) A long-forgotten compromise.
(d) A folly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Avis that Jackson was entitled to compensation?
2. Who does Avis encounter in the city that has an expression of horror all the time in Chapter 4?
3. Who rises to power in the Oligarchy after opposing the compensation sought by the prisoner that is condemned to death in Chapter 20?
4. What does the contemporary author that offers a perspective in the Introduction think of London's writing?
5. Where was the manuscript hidden?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)