|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18 through 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who receives potatoes that Avis witnesses in Chapter 12?
2. Why are the socialists arrested at the event in Chapter 17?
(a) For lampooning Everhard.
(b) For trying to bomb Congress.
(c) For waging war.
(d) For disagreeing with the Oligarchy.
3. What does the person at Avis' home come to return?
(a) Ammunition supplies.
(b) Borrowed books.
(c) Tins and cans.
(d) Borrowed umbrella.
4. Who makes a speech in defense of a bill in Chapter 17?
5. In what sectors is the group that Everhard speaks to in Chapter 4 leaders in?
(a) Art, philosophy, and natural sciences.
(b) Business, politics, and governance.
(c) Business, art, and economics.
(d) Natural sciences and psychology.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Avis surprised to see at her house when she returns from visiting the armless peddler?
2. What leadership does Avis admire about Everhard?
3. What are the two circumstances of time in discussion in the Iron Heel?
4. Against what did London's socialist ideals exert tension or experience conflict with?
5. What did the room where the dinner event was held in Chapter 1 consist mainly of?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)