|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18 through 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Oligarchy do to prevent the Socialists from gaining a majority in Chapter 13?
(a) Crowd riots.
(b) Stealth surveillance.
(d) Political machinations.
2. After the failure of what did idealism suffer damage according to Meredith?
(a) Third Revolt.
(b) First Revolt.
(c) Fourth Revolt.
(d) Second Revolt.
3. What does the person at Avis' home come to return?
(a) Borrowed umbrella.
(b) Ammunition supplies.
(c) Tins and cans.
(d) Borrowed books.
4. What does Avis say that her life, along with Everhard and others gets sucked into in Chapter 9?
(a) A rally.
(b) A vortex.
(c) A demonstration.
(d) A war.
5. Who receives potatoes that Avis witnesses in Chapter 12?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the armless peddler?
2. What is the name of the violent, secret side of the Revolution in Chapter 16?
3. In her remembrances, who does Avis think and write about that were sympathizers to her cause in Chapter 20?
4. What is the name of Avis' alternative personality in Chapter 20?
5. Who does Everhard question that the intellectual class really supports?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)