|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18 through 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the failure of what did idealism suffer damage according to Meredith?
(a) Third Revolt.
(b) Fourth Revolt.
(c) Second Revolt.
(d) First Revolt.
2. What group comes to a financial agreement with the Oligarchy in in Chapter 15?
(a) Ruling anarchists.
(b) Favored unions.
(c) Favored leftists.
(d) Rebelling factions.
3. Who receives potatoes that Avis witnesses in Chapter 12?
4. What is based on the economic and philosophic principle that ﬁnancial proﬁt and reward and accumulation are the rightful reward of those with the passion and the drive to pursue them?
5. What does Avis describe as the environment that the Oligarchy, Everhard, and the directors of the revolution operated in Chapter 16?
(a) Nazi espionage.
(b) Communist totalitarianism.
(c) Spying mistrust.
(d) Anarchist confusion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Dr. Cunningham's dinner in Chapter 7?
2. What did the intellectual class love to hear the sound of in Chapter 1 according to Avis?
3. Who does Avis find that she falls in love with?
4. What is the term that Avis gives to the sense of impending conflict in Chapter 5?
5. What does Everhard believe will continue to fester and rot despite the art created by the Oligarchy in Chapter 14?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)