|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18 through 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Avis' father think of the circumstances surrounding the publication of his book and subsequent events?
(a) A regrettable mistake.
(b) An adventure.
(c) A long-forgotten compromise.
(d) A folly.
2. What does the person who Avis sees at her home challenge her to look into?
(a) Carson's story.
(b) Bishop's story.
(c) Jackson's story.
(d) Wickson's story.
3. To whom does the Bishop makes his presentation in Chapter 6?
4. On what ticket does Everhard run for Congress in in Chapter 7?
5. Who does Avis encounter in the city that has an expression of horror all the time in Chapter 4?
(a) Dr. Cunningham.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is being treated as a martyr because of sympathy for the poor in Chapter 5?
2. What does Everhard say that the journalists will say about the Bishop in Chapter 6?
3. Where is Everhard sent to prison in Chapter 17?
4. Who does Dr. Cunningham prod to speak at the dinner event at his house?
5. Since the death of his wife, what had Dr. Cunningham become?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)