|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18 through 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the workers in both countries do that stop working for a week in Chapter 13?
(a) Factory closings.
(b) A strike.
(c) A demonstration.
(d) Factory fires.
2. What does Avis describe as the environment that the Oligarchy, Everhard, and the directors of the revolution operated in Chapter 16?
(a) Spying mistrust.
(b) Anarchist confusion.
(c) Nazi espionage.
(d) Communist totalitarianism.
3. Into what does Avis, Everhard and her father move into in Chapter 12?
(a) Country estate.
(b) Cave dwelling.
(c) Underground hideout.
(d) Small, four-room apartment.
4. What happened during Jackson's trial in the name of family security?
(a) Selfishness and greed.
(b) Corruption and self-denial.
(c) Cowardice and manipulation.
(d) Violence and self-deprecation.
5. Who is the condemned criminal that actually committed the crime in Chapter 17?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the nickname that Everhard gives to the intellectual class?
2. What group instigates the riots in Chapter 20?
3. Where was the manuscript hidden?
4. Who does Dr. Cunningham meet in San Francisco in Chapter 16?
5. Who is condemned to death by the Oligarchy after being discovered as a socialist spy in Chapter 20?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)