|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18 through 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What leadership does Avis admire about Everhard?
(a) Socialist worker movement.
(b) Underground revolutionary movement.
(c) Revolutionary socialist movement.
(d) Anarchist rebellion.
2. Who begins to speak derisively of the Oligarchy at the event in Chapter 17?
3. Who rises to power in the Oligarchy after opposing the compensation sought by the prisoner that is condemned to death in Chapter 20?
(a) Dreamers and doers.
(b) Priests and communist leaders.
(c) Anarchists and rebel factions.
(d) Lawyers and company owners.
4. What does the speech defend and support in Chapter 17?
(b) Mentally ill.
(c) War veterans.
5. Who humbly ministers the poor in Chapter 12?
Short Answer Questions
1. What two countries go to war in Chapter 13?
2. Who offers a bribe in Chapter 11?
3. What are the forces against which London struggled as an individual and against which the revolutionaries struggle in his book?
4. Against what did London's socialist ideals exert tension or experience conflict with?
5. Who is Avis surprised to see at her house when she returns from visiting the armless peddler?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)