|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18 through 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the intellectual class love to hear the sound of in Chapter 1 according to Avis?
(a) The national anthem.
(b) The songs of their fathers.
(c) The music they composed.
(d) Their own voices.
2. What is the new caste group that arose as the Oligarchy developed a new system of government in Chapter 20?
(c) Favored Unions.
3. Who did Everhard find complicit in the capitalist system?
(d) Dr. Cunningham.
4. What does Everhard consider Wickson's offer in Chapter 6?
(a) An admission of guilt.
(b) A lovely gift.
(c) A bribe.
(d) A truce.
5. Against what did London's socialist ideals exert tension or experience conflict with?
(a) Marxist experience.
(b) Capitalist experience.
(c) Socialist experience.
(d) Fascist experience.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Bishop grows more insistent, what happens in Chapter 6?
2. To whom did Avis create the manuscript in tribute of?
3. What did London profit from according to the contemporary author in his Introduction?
4. What is the name of Avis' alternative personality in Chapter 20?
5. What did the room where the dinner event was held in Chapter 1 consist mainly of?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)