|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Meredith say in a footnote that there are several of in the world?
2. What are the two circumstances of time in discussion in the Iron Heel?
(a) Marxist present and Fascist future.
(b) Socialist revolution and Utopian future.
(c) Utopian present and Dystopian future.
(d) Anarchical present and Tyrannical future.
3. What are the forces against which London struggled as an individual and against which the revolutionaries struggle in his book?
4. What did London profit from according to the contemporary author in his Introduction?
(a) Some of the drawbacks in society.
(b) Some of the sales of his previous books.
(c) Some of the observations of reporters.
(d) Some of his popular seminars.
5. Who does Everhard challenge to investigate the case of the armless peddler?
(d) Dr. Cunningham.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Avis call Everhard?
2. What leadership does Avis admire about Everhard?
3. Who was the scientist responsible for many of the society-defining discoveries of the era?
4. Who was Avis surprised to see at one of her father's social events?
5. What does the person at Avis' home come to return?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)