|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Against what did London's socialist ideals exert tension or experience conflict with?
(a) Capitalist experience.
(b) Socialist experience.
(c) Fascist experience.
(d) Marxist experience.
2. Who does Avis interview that ran away when faced with uncomfortable truths?
(a) Oligarchy leader.
(b) Company lawyer.
(c) Family lawyer.
(d) Revolutionist leader.
3. The tension between what two opposing interests is the driving force behind the plot of the Iron Heel?
(a) Workers and capitalists.
(b) Socialists and economists.
(c) Proletariats and socialists.
(d) Marxists and Fascists.
4. What does Avis realize she was complicit in doing by Chapter 3?
(a) Perpetuating the situation.
(b) Punishing her father.
(c) Betraying the Bishop.
(d) Imprisoning Everhard.
5. What is based on the economic and philosophic principle that ﬁnancial proﬁt and reward and accumulation are the rightful reward of those with the passion and the drive to pursue them?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Avis surprised to see at one of her father's social events?
2. Who protests the treatment of workers at the risk of being discharged?
3. What is the nickname that Everhard gives to the intellectual class?
4. What did the intellectual class love to hear the sound of in Chapter 1 according to Avis?
5. What did the room where the dinner event was held in Chapter 1 consist mainly of?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)