|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The tension between what two opposing interests is the driving force behind the plot of the Iron Heel?
(a) Workers and capitalists.
(b) Marxists and Fascists.
(c) Proletariats and socialists.
(d) Socialists and economists.
2. Who tells Avis that Jackson was entitled to compensation?
(a) His brothers and sisters.
(b) His friends and acquaintances.
(c) His lawyers and superiors.
(d) His wife and children.
3. Against what is it necessary to have strength to prevent it from grinding "us down and walk[ing] upon our faces - from coming true?"
(a) Iron Heel.
4. Who does Everhard challenge to investigate the case of the armless peddler?
(a) Dr. Cunningham.
5. Where does Jackson live?
(a) A prostitution brothel.
(b) An underground tavern.
(c) A mob cartel.
(d) A rented, slum-like area by the lake.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Avis become preoccupied with to the point of obsession?
2. What are the forces against which London struggled as an individual and against which the revolutionaries struggle in his book?
3. What does the person at Avis' home come to return?
4. What did the room where the dinner event was held in Chapter 1 consist mainly of?
5. What does Meredith say in a footnote that there are several of in the world?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)