|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The tension between what two opposing interests is the driving force behind the plot of the Iron Heel?
(a) Proletariats and socialists.
(b) Workers and capitalists.
(c) Socialists and economists.
(d) Marxists and Fascists.
2. For how long was the manuscript hidden?
(a) 2 centuries.
(b) 12 centuries.
(c) 10 centuries.
(d) 7 centuries.
3. Who is the armless peddler?
(d) Dr. Cunningham.
4. What did the room where the dinner event was held in Chapter 1 consist mainly of?
(a) Dancers and strippers.
(b) Students and poor professors.
(c) Overweight and over dressed men.
(d) Underweight and stylish men.
5. Where was the manuscript hidden?
(a) In a tavern.
(b) Ancient oak tree.
(c) In a cave.
(d) In a safe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the intellectual class love to hear the sound of in Chapter 1 according to Avis?
2. Who is Avis surprised to see at her house when she returns from visiting the armless peddler?
3. What does the Iron Heel also discuss as a method of self-preservation?
4. Who does Everhard say is responsible for the plight of the armless peddler?
5. Who tells Avis that Jackson was entitled to compensation?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)