|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Everhard challenge to investigate the case of the armless peddler?
(a) Dr. Cunningham.
2. Where was the manuscript hidden?
(a) In a safe.
(b) In a tavern.
(c) Ancient oak tree.
(d) In a cave.
3. What surprisingly has come into effect that the book predicted?
(a) Food and agricultural changes.
(b) Disenfranchisement of the working poor.
(c) Causes and effects of the workers' movement.
(d) Technological advancement.
4. What did Everhard elaborate on the relationship between?
(a) Peddlers and peddling.
(b) Socialists and revolutionists.
(c) Working and capitalist classes.
(d) Rebels and communists.
5. What does the contemporary author that offers a perspective in the Introduction think of London's writing?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was out of place from the beginning of the dinner event described in Chapter 1?
2. To whom did Avis create the manuscript in tribute of?
3. Against what did London's socialist ideals exert tension or experience conflict with?
4. Who did Everhard find complicit in the capitalist system?
5. Who was the scientist responsible for many of the society-defining discoveries of the era?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)