|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What leadership does Avis admire about Everhard?
(a) Anarchist rebellion.
(b) Revolutionary socialist movement.
(c) Socialist worker movement.
(d) Underground revolutionary movement.
2. After the failure of what did idealism suffer damage according to Meredith?
(a) Second Revolt.
(b) Third Revolt.
(c) First Revolt.
(d) Fourth Revolt.
3. Since the death of his wife, what had Dr. Cunningham become?
(a) A hard drinker.
(b) A recluse.
(c) A dinner party sociologist.
(d) A demanding professor.
4. Against what is it necessary to have strength to prevent it from grinding "us down and walk[ing] upon our faces - from coming true?"
(c) Iron Heel.
5. Who does Everhard say is responsible for the plight of the armless peddler?
(a) They are.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the person at Avis' home come to return?
2. What did London profit from according to the contemporary author in his Introduction?
3. What did the intellectual class love to hear the sound of in Chapter 1 according to Avis?
4. In socialist theory and practice, who were entitled to more than what they were given in wages?
5. What does Meredith say in a footnote that there are several of in the world?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)