|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom did Avis create the manuscript in tribute of?
(a) Her dead mother.
(b) Her dead brother.
(c) Her dead father.
(d) Her dead husband.
2. When was the Iron Heel published?
(a) Early 1940s.
(b) Early 1920s.
(c) Early 1900s.
(d) Early 1880s.
3. Who does Everhard question that the intellectual class really supports?
(a) Working class.
4. Where was the manuscript hidden?
(a) In a safe.
(b) Ancient oak tree.
(c) In a cave.
(d) In a tavern.
5. What are the two circumstances of time in discussion in the Iron Heel?
(a) Anarchical present and Tyrannical future.
(b) Utopian present and Dystopian future.
(c) Marxist present and Fascist future.
(d) Socialist revolution and Utopian future.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Everhard find complicit in the capitalist system?
2. Who does Everhard say is responsible for the plight of the armless peddler?
3. What happened during Jackson's trial in the name of family security?
4. Who does Avis become preoccupied with to the point of obsession?
5. What does the Iron Heel also discuss as a method of self-preservation?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)