|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who manipulated the trial in favor of the company instead of Jackson?
(a) Jackson's lawyers.
(b) Company's lawyers.
(c) Jackson's superiors.
(d) Company's leadership.
2. Who is the contemporary author that offers a perspective in the Introduction?
(a) Jack London.
(b) Theodore Dryser.
(c) George Orwell.
(d) H. Bruce Franklin.
3. Who was the scientist responsible for many of the society-defining discoveries of the era?
(a) Avis' lover.
(b) Avis' father.
(c) Avis' uncle.
(d) Avis' brother.
4. Why did people support the decision against Jackson?
(a) Because they were afraid of the Oligarchy.
(b) Because they were cowards.
(c) Because they feared losing support of their families.
(d) Because they were afraid of overheating.
5. What does the Iron Heel also discuss as a method of self-preservation?
(b) Ability to work.
(c) Ability to make fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Against what did London's socialist ideals exert tension or experience conflict with?
2. Who does Everhard say is responsible for the plight of the armless peddler?
3. What does Avis call Everhard?
4. For how long was the manuscript hidden?
5. What was secretly published during the three centuries of the Iron Heel?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)