|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Everhard say is responsible for the plight of the armless peddler?
(c) They are.
2. Who is the armless peddler?
(b) Dr. Cunningham.
3. For how long was the manuscript hidden?
(a) 7 centuries.
(b) 2 centuries.
(c) 12 centuries.
(d) 10 centuries.
4. Where does Jackson live?
(a) A mob cartel.
(b) A rented, slum-like area by the lake.
(c) A prostitution brothel.
(d) An underground tavern.
5. The tension between what two opposing interests is the driving force behind the plot of the Iron Heel?
(a) Proletariats and socialists.
(b) Socialists and economists.
(c) Marxists and Fascists.
(d) Workers and capitalists.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the contemporary author that offers a perspective in the Introduction?
2. Who does Everhard challenge to investigate the case of the armless peddler?
3. What does the person who Avis sees at her home challenge her to look into?
4. What does the contemporary author that offers a perspective in the Introduction think of London's writing?
5. What is based on the economic and philosophic principle that ﬁnancial proﬁt and reward and accumulation are the rightful reward of those with the passion and the drive to pursue them?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)