|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Everhard say is responsible for the plight of the armless peddler?
(c) They are.
2. What are the forces against which London struggled as an individual and against which the revolutionaries struggle in his book?
3. Who is Avis surprised to see at her house when she returns from visiting the armless peddler?
4. After the failure of what did idealism suffer damage according to Meredith?
(a) Fourth Revolt.
(b) Second Revolt.
(c) First Revolt.
(d) Third Revolt.
5. What does the contemporary author that offers a perspective in the Introduction think of London's writing?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the two circumstances of time in discussion in the Iron Heel?
2. Who was Avis surprised to see at one of her father's social events?
3. Who protests the treatment of workers at the risk of being discharged?
4. Why did people support the decision against Jackson?
5. Who was the scientist responsible for many of the society-defining discoveries of the era?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)