|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who should share equally in both the responsibilities and the rewards according to London?
(a) The proletariat.
(b) The business owner.
(c) The collective.
(d) The individual.
2. What does Avis call Everhard?
(a) Her lover.
(b) Her nemesis.
(c) Her eagle.
(d) Her trouble.
3. The tension between what two opposing interests is the driving force behind the plot of the Iron Heel?
(a) Marxists and Fascists.
(b) Proletariats and socialists.
(c) Workers and capitalists.
(d) Socialists and economists.
4. What are the two circumstances of time in discussion in the Iron Heel?
(a) Socialist revolution and Utopian future.
(b) Utopian present and Dystopian future.
(c) Anarchical present and Tyrannical future.
(d) Marxist present and Fascist future.
5. Why did people support the decision against Jackson?
(a) Because they feared losing support of their families.
(b) Because they were afraid of overheating.
(c) Because they were cowards.
(d) Because they were afraid of the Oligarchy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Avis become preoccupied with to the point of obsession?
2. Who manipulated the trial in favor of the company instead of Jackson?
3. Who does Dr. Cunningham prod to speak at the dinner event at his house?
4. What does the person at Avis' home come to return?
5. What did the intellectual class love to hear the sound of in Chapter 1 according to Avis?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)