|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Avis that Jackson was entitled to compensation?
(a) His friends and acquaintances.
(b) His wife and children.
(c) His brothers and sisters.
(d) His lawyers and superiors.
2. Who is the armless peddler?
(b) Dr. Cunningham.
3. For how long was the manuscript hidden?
(a) 12 centuries.
(b) 10 centuries.
(c) 7 centuries.
(d) 2 centuries.
4. Who does Everhard say is responsible for the plight of the armless peddler?
(d) They are.
5. Who does Avis interview that ran away when faced with uncomfortable truths?
(a) Oligarchy leader.
(b) Family lawyer.
(c) Revolutionist leader.
(d) Company lawyer.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the failure of what did idealism suffer damage according to Meredith?
2. What does Avis call Everhard?
3. What is the economic and philosophic theory that humanity should work together for the good of all humanity?
4. Where was the manuscript hidden?
5. Against what did London's socialist ideals exert tension or experience conflict with?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)