|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Everhard elaborate on the relationship between?
(a) Socialists and revolutionists.
(b) Peddlers and peddling.
(c) Rebels and communists.
(d) Working and capitalist classes.
2. What does the person who Avis sees at her home challenge her to look into?
(a) Bishop's story.
(b) Wickson's story.
(c) Carson's story.
(d) Jackson's story.
3. Who made their money off of the workers?
(a) Business owners.
4. Who does Everhard challenge to investigate the case of the armless peddler?
(a) Dr. Cunningham.
5. Who should share equally in both the responsibilities and the rewards according to London?
(a) The business owner.
(b) The proletariat.
(c) The individual.
(d) The collective.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long was the manuscript hidden?
2. Who is Avis surprised to see at her house when she returns from visiting the armless peddler?
3. Against what did London's socialist ideals exert tension or experience conflict with?
4. Who does Avis become preoccupied with to the point of obsession?
5. Who does Everhard say is responsible for the plight of the armless peddler?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)