|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Avis call Everhard?
(a) Her nemesis.
(b) Her lover.
(c) Her trouble.
(d) Her eagle.
2. What is the economic and philosophic theory that humanity should work together for the good of all humanity?
3. Against what is it necessary to have strength to prevent it from grinding "us down and walk[ing] upon our faces - from coming true?"
(a) Iron Heel.
4. Who was Avis surprised to see at one of her father's social events?
(c) Her father.
5. Who should share equally in both the responsibilities and the rewards according to London?
(a) The collective.
(b) The business owner.
(c) The individual.
(d) The proletariat.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the failure of what did idealism suffer damage according to Meredith?
2. Who was the scientist responsible for many of the society-defining discoveries of the era?
3. What did the intellectual class love to hear the sound of in Chapter 1 according to Avis?
4. Who was out of place from the beginning of the dinner event described in Chapter 1?
5. Who was London greatly influenced by in his writing?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)