|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Everhard question that the intellectual class really supports?
(c) Working class.
2. What are the forces against which London struggled as an individual and against which the revolutionaries struggle in his book?
3. What happened during Jackson's trial in the name of family security?
(a) Corruption and self-denial.
(b) Selfishness and greed.
(c) Cowardice and manipulation.
(d) Violence and self-deprecation.
4. Who was out of place from the beginning of the dinner event described in Chapter 1?
(d) Dr. Cunningham.
5. Who was London greatly influenced by in his writing?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is based on the economic and philosophic principle that ﬁnancial proﬁt and reward and accumulation are the rightful reward of those with the passion and the drive to pursue them?
2. Against what did London's socialist ideals exert tension or experience conflict with?
3. Who does Everhard challenge to investigate the case of the armless peddler?
4. Where was the manuscript hidden?
5. What circumstances in London's life that gave rise to his creation of the book?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)