|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10, 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Avis that Jackson was entitled to compensation?
(a) His wife and children.
(b) His friends and acquaintances.
(c) His lawyers and superiors.
(d) His brothers and sisters.
2. Who does Dr. Cunningham invite to his dinner in Chapter 7?
3. Where does Jackson live?
(a) An underground tavern.
(b) A mob cartel.
(c) A prostitution brothel.
(d) A rented, slum-like area by the lake.
4. What was the group that attends Dr. Cunningham's dinner angry at in Chapter 7?
(a) Large corporations and trusts.
(b) Anarchists and their chaos.
(c) Oligarchy and their structure.
(d) Socialists and their power.
5. What was secretly published during the three centuries of the Iron Heel?
(a) Dr. Cunningham's manuscripts.
(b) Jackson's letters.
(c) Everhard's books.
(d) Avis' calligraphic reports.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the failure of what did idealism suffer damage according to Meredith?
2. What does Avis do for the Bishop's speech in Chapter 6?
3. Who does Avis believe that everyone involved in the Jackson case is bound to?
4. Who is the armless peddler?
5. Who was Avis surprised to see at one of her father's social events?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)