|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10, 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the intellectual class love to hear the sound of in Chapter 1 according to Avis?
(a) The songs of their fathers.
(b) The music they composed.
(c) The national anthem.
(d) Their own voices.
2. Into what does Avis, Everhard and her father move into in Chapter 12?
(a) Cave dwelling.
(b) Underground hideout.
(c) Small, four-room apartment.
(d) Country estate.
3. What did Everhard elaborate on the relationship between?
(a) Rebels and communists.
(b) Peddlers and peddling.
(c) Socialists and revolutionists.
(d) Working and capitalist classes.
4. What does Wickson offer Everhard in Chapter 6?
(a) A peace offering.
(b) A position in the army.
(c) A car.
(d) A job.
5. Where does Jackson live?
(a) A rented, slum-like area by the lake.
(b) A prostitution brothel.
(c) An underground tavern.
(d) A mob cartel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who spoke to Avis about the legal and financial rightness of their positions?
2. What is the name of Avis' father's book?
3. Who manipulated the trial in favor of the company instead of Jackson?
4. Who tells Avis that Jackson was entitled to compensation?
5. What did the room where the dinner event was held in Chapter 1 consist mainly of?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)