|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10, 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Avis call Everhard?
(a) Her lover.
(b) Her eagle.
(c) Her trouble.
(d) Her nemesis.
2. What does Jackson's living quarters typical of?
(a) His working class.
(b) His cultural group.
(c) His attitude.
(d) His lifestyle.
3. What does Meredith say in a footnote that there are several of in the world?
4. Where does Jackson live?
(a) A mob cartel.
(b) An underground tavern.
(c) A prostitution brothel.
(d) A rented, slum-like area by the lake.
5. Who offers a bribe in Chapter 11?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Avis surprised to see at her house when she returns from visiting the armless peddler?
2. Why did people support the decision against Jackson?
3. Who is being treated as a martyr because of sympathy for the poor in Chapter 5?
4. Who did Everhard find complicit in the capitalist system?
5. What does Avis' father think of the circumstances surrounding the publication of his book and subsequent events?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)