|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10, 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Avis interview that ran away when faced with uncomfortable truths?
(a) Company lawyer.
(b) Family lawyer.
(c) Revolutionist leader.
(d) Oligarchy leader.
2. Who spoke to Avis about the legal and financial rightness of their positions?
(c) Iron workers.
(d) Cultured wives.
3. What does Avis realize she was complicit in doing by Chapter 3?
(a) Betraying the Bishop.
(b) Perpetuating the situation.
(c) Punishing her father.
(d) Imprisoning Everhard.
4. What does Everhard say revolutionaries will be willing to do in Chapter 5?
(a) Move to another country to continue protesting.
(b) Respond to violence with violence.
(c) Hold peaceful demonstrations at all hours.
(d) Give up their right to bear arms.
5. What does Avis call Everhard?
(a) Her lover.
(b) Her trouble.
(c) Her eagle.
(d) Her nemesis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dr. Cunningham invite to his dinner in Chapter 7?
2. Who was out of place from the beginning of the dinner event described in Chapter 1?
3. What leadership does Avis admire about Everhard?
4. Since the death of his wife, what had Dr. Cunningham become?
5. What does the person who Avis sees at her home tell her that he has given up in order to not compromise his ideals?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)