|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the crew of the Jemmapes fear when Aubrey fires on them?
(a) A dead man is the captain.
(b) They have a new secret weapon.
(c) They are breaking a treaty.
(d) They are being attacked by pirates.
2. What does Maturin say his wife does brilliantly?
(a) Throw dinner parties.
(b) Dress herself.
(c) Read his writing out loud.
(d) Have patience with him.
3. What composer do Aubrey and Maturin discuss?
4. What is Aubrey's main personal problem?
(a) His wife is sick.
(b) He is deep in debt.
(c) He has a terminal disease.
(d) He is losing his memory.
5. How many guns are on the Jemmapes?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aubrey spend a small fortune on for the ship?
2. Who is England at conflict with in this book?
3. Where does the Worcester make her first stop?
4. What do the officers gossip about while at the first stop?
5. What has earned the Worcester its nick-name?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)