|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, November 1826 – November 1829 - Part 6, July 1835 – June 1838.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the Grimkes go for Easter Service in Part 1, November 1803 – February 1805?
(a) The Third Presbyterian Church.
(b) Saint Philip’s Episcopal Church.
(c) The Third Street Methodist Church.
(d) The First Baptist Church of Charlotte.
2. How many names are on Denmark Vesey's list that Handful burns after Denmark's capture in Part Four, September 1821 – July 1822?
3. Why does Sarah turn down Israel Morris's proposal for marriage in Part 5, November 1826 – November 1829?
(a) Because he is poor.
(b) Because he wants her to leave the ministry.
(c) Because he is previously married.
(d) Because her father forbids it.
4. Who serves as the reverend pastor at the black church that Handful begins attending in Charleston in Part Three, October 1818 – November 1820?
(a) Robert Hayne.
(b) Burke Williams.
(c) Morris Brown.
(d) Theodore Weld.
5. What doctor does Mr. Grimke travel to see in the north in Part Three, October 1818 – November 1820?
(a) Dr. William McDowell.
(b) Dr. Geddings.
(c) Dr. Philip Physick.
(d) Dr. Daniel Huger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the bolt of silk cloth that goes missing before Easter in Part 1, November 1803 – February 1805?
2. What slave is arrested after it is reported that there has been talk of an insurrection by the wharves in Part Four, September 1821 – July 1822?
3. How old is Nina in the beginning of Part Three, October 1818 – November 1820?
4. About how old is Mauma's daughter Sky when she returns to the Grimke estate in Part 5, November 1826 – November 1829?
5. Who goes to release Charlotte from the prison after her arrest in Part 2, February 1811 – December 1812?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)