|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, October 1818 – November 1820.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Mauma been gone from the Grimke plantation in the beginning of Part Three, October 1818 – November 1820?
(a) Six years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Eight years.
(d) Ten years.
2. What is the name of Israel Morris's wife?
3. Burke Williams comes from a wealthy family that owns what kind of business?
(a) A bakery.
(b) A butcher store.
(c) A clothing shop.
(d) A silver shop.
4. Who admonishes Sarah Grimke for teaching the slave children the ABC song during Sunday school in Part 1, November 1803 – February 1805?
(a) Reverend Hall.
(b) Reverend McDowell.
(c) Reverend Mott.
(d) Reverend Williams.
5. What does Israel Morris tell Sarah is evil during their first meeting in Part Three, October 1818 – November 1820?
(a) The laws of Christianity.
(b) The subjugation of women.
(c) The temptations of the city.
(d) Remaining silent in the face of evil.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the Grimkes place an ad searching for Charlotte after her disappearance in Part 2, February 1811 – December 1812?
2. How old is Handful in the beginning of Part Three, October 1818 – November 1820?
3. Denmark Vesey gained the money to buy his house by what means?
4. Who is the new slave that Mauma believes to be attracted to Handful in Part 2, February 1811 – December 1812?
5. How old is Sarah Grimke when she is allowed to venture out of the nursery and is given a waiting maid in Part 1, November 1803 – February 1805?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)