|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, October 1818 – November 1820.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sarah Grimke’s father is a veteran of what war?
(a) The American Civil War.
(b) The Spanish-American War.
(c) The American Revolutionary War.
(d) The French and Indian War.
2. Who defends Mr. Grimke when he faces trial and impeachment in Part 2, February 1811 – December 1812?
(a) Robert Hayne.
(b) Burke Williams.
(c) Daniel Huger.
(d) Israel Morris.
3. What is the name of Denmark's wife that helped Charlotte escape?
4. How old is Handful in the beginning of Part Three, October 1818 – November 1820?
5. Who among Sarah's siblings are now left at home that are unmarried or not in school in Part Three, October 1818 – November 1820?
(a) James, Philip, and Nina.
(b) Charles, Henry, and Nina.
(c) Peter, Paul, and Charles.
(d) Anna, Mary, and Nina.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Handful find in the pieces of her mother's story quilt in Part 2, February 1811 – December 1812?
2. How many of the remaining eleven slaves are to be sold or dispersed, according to Mr. Grimke's will in Part Three, October 1818 – November 1820?
3. Denmark confesses to Handful in Part Three, October 1818 – November 1820 that what happened to Charlotte?
4. Where are the slaves required to sit when they attend church services with their masters?
5. How old is Sarah when she discusses the abolition movement with her father and brothers in Part 2, February 1811 – December 1812?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)