|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, October 1818 – November 1820.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Handful commit to doing after the finds the pieces of the story quilt in Part 2, February 1811 – December 1812?
(a) She commits to killing Mr. Grimke.
(b) She commits to marrying Goodis.
(c) She commits to piecing the quilt together.
(d) She commits to escaping the plantation.
2. At what age does the narrator say Sarah Grimke was thrust into society with the sole purpose of finding a husband?
3. When did the Act Prohibiting Importation of Slaves take effect?
4. Denmark confesses to Handful in Part Three, October 1818 – November 1820 that what happened to Charlotte?
(a) She is in prison in New York.
(b) She was shot and killed.
(c) She was captured by a slave catcher.
(d) She has made it across the border to Canada.
5. What island can Handful see from the shore that thrills her in Part 1, November 1803 – February 1805?
(a) Sullivan's Island.
(b) Long Island.
(c) Grace Island.
(d) Manchester Island.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long does Burke Williams stay when he first calls on Sarah in Part 2, February 1811 – December 1812?
2. Who admonishes Sarah Grimke for teaching the slave children the ABC song during Sunday school in Part 1, November 1803 – February 1805?
3. Denmark Vesey explains the numbers from Mauma's quilt by telling Handful they represent what in Part Three, October 1818 – November 1820?
4. What kind of gown does Mauma make for the upcoming Race Week in Part 1, November 1803 – February 1805?
5. What illness does Israel Morris's wife die from in Part Three, October 1818 – November 1820?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)