|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, October 1818 – November 1820.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What month is it when Sarah heads back home from Philadelphia after the death of her father in Part Three, October 1818 – November 1820?
2. Sarah is how much older than Handful in the novel?
(a) Two years.
(b) Three years.
(c) One year.
(d) Four years.
3. As punishment for teaching Handful to read, Sarah is forbidden from entering what room in the Grimke household in Part 1, November 1803 – February 1805?
(a) The cellar.
(b) The dining room.
(c) The slave quarters.
(d) The library.
4. Mrs. Grimke, Sarah, Mary, and Anna go off to a promenade at what location in Part 1, November 1803 – February 1805?
(c) White Point.
5. What does Handful commit to doing after the finds the pieces of the story quilt in Part 2, February 1811 – December 1812?
(a) She commits to piecing the quilt together.
(b) She commits to marrying Goodis.
(c) She commits to killing Mr. Grimke.
(d) She commits to escaping the plantation.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Handful when her character is first introduced in Part 1, November 1803 – February 1805?
2. How old is Nina in the beginning of Part Three, October 1818 – November 1820?
3. How many slaves does the Grimke family own in Part 1, November 1803 – February 1805?
4. What is Handful's real name in the novel?
5. What is the principle profession of Sarah Grimke's father?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)