|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, February 1811 – December 1812.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Sarah discusses abolition with her brothers and father in Part 2, February 1811 – December 1812, she tells them that she agrees slaves should not be freed and returned to Africa. What does Sarah believe should be done about the slaves?
(a) They should remain slaves.
(b) They should be executed.
(c) They should be freed and live in America.
(d) They should be freed and sent to South America.
2. Where do the Grimkes go for Easter Service in Part 1, November 1803 – February 1805?
(a) The First Baptist Church of Charlotte.
(b) Saint Philip’s Episcopal Church.
(c) The Third Street Methodist Church.
(d) The Third Presbyterian Church.
3. Burke Williams comes from a wealthy family that owns what kind of business?
(a) A silver shop.
(b) A bakery.
(c) A butcher store.
(d) A clothing shop.
4. Sarah's earliest memory is of her mother beating what slave?
5. What does Handful commit to doing after the finds the pieces of the story quilt in Part 2, February 1811 – December 1812?
(a) She commits to escaping the plantation.
(b) She commits to piecing the quilt together.
(c) She commits to marrying Goodis.
(d) She commits to killing Mr. Grimke.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Sarah when she discusses the abolition movement with her father and brothers in Part 2, February 1811 – December 1812?
2. What is the name of the slave that serves as butler to the Grimke family in Part 1, November 1803 – February 1805?
3. Which of Sarah's siblings tells her that he wants to be a minister instead of a lawyer when he grows older in Part 1, November 1803 – February 1805?
4. What does Sarah throw from her window to Burke Williams when he departs from his first visit in Part 2, February 1811 – December 1812?
5. Who goes to release Charlotte from the prison after her arrest in Part 2, February 1811 – December 1812?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)