|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, February 1811 – December 1812.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what year had all the northern states abolished slavery?
2. What color hair is Sarah Grimke described as having in the novel?
3. Where does Handful find in the pieces of her mother's story quilt in Part 2, February 1811 – December 1812?
(a) In her mother's trunk.
(b) In the attic of the Grimke home.
(c) In a waste bin.
(d) Under her mother's bed.
4. When Sarah discusses abolition with her brothers and father in Part 2, February 1811 – December 1812, she tells them that she agrees slaves should not be freed and returned to Africa. What does Sarah believe should be done about the slaves?
(a) They should be freed and sent to South America.
(b) They should be freed and live in America.
(c) They should remain slaves.
(d) They should be executed.
5. Who is described in Part 2, February 1811 – December 1812 as a free black man that owns three slaves?
(a) Robert Smyth.
(b) Theodore Weld.
(c) John Quincy Adams.
(d) Israel Morris.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is revealed to have told on Handful for writing in Part 1, November 1803 – February 1805?
2. Sarah's earliest memory is of her mother beating what slave?
3. How much of every dollar that Mauma earns as a hired-out slave does Mrs. Grimke get to retain in Part 2, February 1811 – December 1812?
4. Who defends Mr. Grimke when he faces trial and impeachment in Part 2, February 1811 – December 1812?
5. How old is Sarah when she discusses the abolition movement with her father and brothers in Part 2, February 1811 – December 1812?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)