|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, February 1811 – December 1812.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Charlotte arrested in Part 2, February 1811 – December 1812?
(a) For killing her husband.
(b) For stealing a chicken.
(c) For running away from the plantation.
(d) For pushing a white lady.
2. Who defends Mr. Grimke when he faces trial and impeachment in Part 2, February 1811 – December 1812?
(a) Daniel Huger.
(b) Israel Morris.
(c) Robert Hayne.
(d) Burke Williams.
3. When Sarah discusses abolition with her brothers and father in Part 2, February 1811 – December 1812, she tells them that she agrees slaves should not be freed and returned to Africa. What does Sarah believe should be done about the slaves?
(a) They should be executed.
(b) They should be freed and live in America.
(c) They should be freed and sent to South America.
(d) They should remain slaves.
4. Who has discovered that Burke Williams has other fiancees and confronts him about it in Part 2, February 1811 – December 1812?
(a) Thomas Grimke.
(b) Reverend William McDowell.
(d) Daniel Huger.
5. Who admonishes Sarah Grimke for teaching the slave children the ABC song during Sunday school in Part 1, November 1803 – February 1805?
(a) Reverend Williams.
(b) Reverend McDowell.
(c) Reverend Hall.
(d) Reverend Mott.
Short Answer Questions
1. What island can Handful see from the shore that thrills her in Part 1, November 1803 – February 1805?
2. What color thread does Handful steal from Sarah in Part 1, November 1803 – February 1805?
3. How old is Sarah Grimke when Burke Williams proposes to her?
4. Denmark Vesey gained the money to buy his house by what means?
5. Who is the "nursery mauma" that tends to the Grimke children in Part 1, November 1803 – February 1805?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)