|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, February 1811 – December 1812.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what age does the narrator say Sarah Grimke was thrust into society with the sole purpose of finding a husband?
2. What kind of gown does Mauma make for the upcoming Race Week in Part 1, November 1803 – February 1805?
(a) A tea gown.
(b) A Watteu gown.
(c) A wedding gown.
(d) A Bouffant gown.
3. How many letters of apology is Sarah forced to write to the guests of her birthday party in Part 1, November 1803 – February 1805?
4. Why is Charlotte arrested in Part 2, February 1811 – December 1812?
(a) For stealing a chicken.
(b) For pushing a white lady.
(c) For killing her husband.
(d) For running away from the plantation.
5. By what year had all the northern states abolished slavery?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Handful's real name in the novel?
2. How old is Sarah Grimke when Burke Williams proposes to her?
3. Sarah's earliest memory is of her mother beating what slave?
4. What is Nina's full name?
5. How much do the slave records indicate Mauma is worth when she examines them in Part 2, February 1811 – December 1812?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)