|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, November 1826 – November 1829 - Part 6, July 1835 – June 1838.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One of the patches of the story quilt that Handful finds has Denmark's name and what numbers on the square in Part 2, February 1811 – December 1812?
2. When the City Guard arrests the attendees of the black church in Part Three, October 1818 – November 1820, those who cannot afford bail are sent where?
(a) To the North.
(b) To Mississippi.
(c) To the execution chamber.
(d) To the Work House.
3. What was the name of the field slave that was Handful's father?
(b) Robert Hayne.
(c) Elizur Wright.
4. What do Sarah and Catherine arrange for Becky's birthday in Part Four, September 1821 – July 1822?
(a) A visit to New York.
(b) A ball.
(c) A picnic.
(d) A trip to Charlotte.
5. What is Mauma's full name in the novel?
(a) Theodora Smith.
(b) Sarah Grimke.
(c) Charlotte Grimke.
(d) Lucretia Grimke.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Israel's daughter Becky during Sarah's visit to Israel's estate in Part Four, September 1821 – July 1822?
2. What doctor does Mr. Grimke travel to see in the north in Part Three, October 1818 – November 1820?
3. Whom does Mrs. Grimke order to prepare her an elegant mourning dress after the death of her husband?
4. Where do the Grimkes go for Easter Service in Part 1, November 1803 – February 1805?
5. How old is Handful when Mauma returns to the Grimke plantation in Part 5, November 1826 – November 1829?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)