|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, November 1826 – November 1829 - Part 6, July 1835 – June 1838.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who becomes upset that Sarah is wearing the jewelry item that was given to her by Becky in Part Four, September 1821 – July 1822?
2. Who does Sarah overhear at the market talking about the African church in Part Three, October 1818 – November 1820?
3. Why do the boys pelt Sarah and Nina with pebbles and stones in Part Six, July 1835 – June 1838?
(a) For being southern.
(b) For being unmarried.
(c) For being black.
(d) For living with blacks.
4. What does Nina have Handful remove in order to show off her injury to the women of her prayer group in Part Four, September 1821 – July 1822?
(a) Her hat.
(b) Her petticoat.
(c) Her glove.
(d) Her shoe.
5. Who oversees Sarah's studies in Part 1, November 1803 – February 1805?
(a) Madame Ruffin.
(b) Denmark Vesey.
(c) Nina Grimke.
(d) Catherine Morris.
Short Answer Questions
1. Handful explains in Part Three, October 1818 – November 1820 that when slaves are to be sold, the first thing they are told to do is what?
2. What is Handful on an errand to buy when she encounters the mob by the Old Exchange in Part Six, July 1835 – June 1838?
3. How old is Sarah Grimke when Burke Williams proposes to her?
4. What is the name of Israel Morris's estate that Sarah visits in Part Four, September 1821 – July 1822?
5. How long has Mauma been gone from the Grimke plantation in the beginning of Part Three, October 1818 – November 1820?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)