|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, September 1821 – July 1822.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Sarah returns home in Part Four, September 1821 – July 1822, Nina thinks people are worrying for no reason because the rumors of a slave rebellion where turned out untrue?
(c) Little Rock.
2. What jewelry item does Becky give to Sarah to wear during her visit in Part Four, September 1821 – July 1822?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A watch.
(c) A bracelet.
(d) A ring.
3. How many of the remaining eleven slaves are to be sold or dispersed, according to Mr. Grimke's will in Part Three, October 1818 – November 1820?
4. Who is the female minister that defends Sarah's right to stay at Israel Morris's estate in Part Four, September 1821 – July 1822?
(a) Mrs. Alston.
(b) Madame Ruffin.
(c) Lucretia Mott.
(d) Mrs. Bettleman.
5. By what year had all the northern states abolished slavery?
Short Answer Questions
1. What slave is arrested after it is reported that there has been talk of an insurrection by the wharves in Part Four, September 1821 – July 1822?
2. How much do the slave records indicate Mauma is worth when she examines them in Part 2, February 1811 – December 1812?
3. When Sarah discusses abolition with her brothers and father in Part 2, February 1811 – December 1812, she tells them that she agrees slaves should not be freed and returned to Africa. What does Sarah believe should be done about the slaves?
4. What is the name of the black church that is attended by freed blacks and slaves in Charleston in Part Three, October 1818 – November 1820?
5. Who becomes upset that Sarah is wearing the jewelry item that was given to her by Becky in Part Four, September 1821 – July 1822?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)