|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, September 1821 – July 1822.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the man who has lost his list of slaves to assist in the revolt in Part Four, September 1821 – July 1822?
2. What word from Part Four, September 1821 – July 1822 refers to a stone of great size, especially in ancient construction work?
3. Where do the Grimkes place an ad searching for Charlotte after her disappearance in Part 2, February 1811 – December 1812?
(a) The St. Louis Tribune.
(b) The New York Times.
(c) The Chicago Tribune.
(d) The Charleston Mercury.
4. How long has Mauma been gone from the Grimke plantation in the beginning of Part Three, October 1818 – November 1820?
(a) Two years.
(b) Eight years.
(c) Six years.
(d) Ten years.
5. Where does Catherine go to seek lodging for Sarah in Part Four, September 1821 – July 1822?
(a) The African Methodist Episcopal Church.
(b) The Third Presbyterian Church.
(c) The Arch Street Meeting House.
(d) Saint Philip’s Episcopal Church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What jewelry item does Becky give to Sarah to wear during her visit in Part Four, September 1821 – July 1822?
2. How much do the slave records indicate Mauma is worth when she examines them in Part 2, February 1811 – December 1812?
3. What is the name of Israel Morris's estate that Sarah visits in Part Four, September 1821 – July 1822?
4. What word from the novel refers to a club carried by a police officer?
5. How long is it after Denmark Vesey leaves town that he is captured and arrested in Part Four, September 1821 – July 1822?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)